It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian killed for drinking tea from Muslim stall

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Christian killed for drinking tea from Muslim stall

www.theasiannews.co.uk

Ishtiaq Masih, had ordered tea at a stall in Machharkay village, Punjab, Pakistan

When Ishtiaq went to pay for his tea, the owner noticed that he was wearing a necklace with a cross and grabbed him, calling for his employees to bring anything available to beat him for violating a sign posted on the stall warning non-Muslims to declare their religion before being served.

Witnesses claim the owner and 14 of his employees beat Ishtiaq with stones, iron rods and clubs, and stabbed him multiple
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

A correspondent from the ICC confirmed that he saw a warning posted outside the tea stall, which read: "All non-Muslims should introduce their faith prior to ordering tea. This tea stall serves Muslims only."

Get the hell out of here!!!!
I'd go over there with many non-muslim chains and rings and shirts and pants and underwear and socks!!!!!!

I would spit on their sign as anyone else should!

This is nothing more than when shops over here had "we don't serve colored people" signs.

But they friggin KILLED HIM?????????????

There shouldn't be any more space for people like these on this planet. Fanaticism is a disease of the mind and extremists are just animals.

Q) What's more dangerous than a mindless zombie?
A) A mindless fanatical zombie!

www.theasiannews.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
thats crazy some people take religion just too far

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Killing a man for a wearing a crucifix and drinking in their tea shop. What a sick and deranged bunch. That man wasn't bothering anyone. He was ordering a cup of tea. This stuff makes me sick to my stomach it truly does. I hope the man responsible pays for it maybe not in this life but the next. I know the authorities in Pakistan won't bring him to justice. However, if their is a God I know he will settle the score on that man. This barbarity must stop!!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This seems radical, almost too radical....Its strange that people would react this way to a christian, especially in Pakistan where one would think they would dislike Jewish people more...Lot of hate in that area i seems.

If this really happened and isnt some sort of scheme to raise anti Muslim sentiment, then shame on them.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm sure not an authority on Pakistan, but what kind of roadside tea stall employs 14 people? The taco joint I go to on a huge, busy, American street doesn't have 14 employees--maybe six. Then they have rods, clubs, etc. in the stall? Sounds strange to me. Maybe the stall was just a set-up to lure non-Muslims in to be attacked or the story is bogus?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Sadly, this is not surprising at all.

Remember, this is Islam, the religion of love.

On a serious note, this is completely disgusting.

"IMO" those who killing him for ordering tea and being christian, are nothing more than "ANIMALS"

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lookingup
I'm sure not an authority on Pakistan, but what kind of roadside tea stall employs 14 people? The taco joint I go to on a huge, busy, American street doesn't have 14 employees--maybe six. Then they have rods, clubs, etc. in the stall? Sounds strange to me.

I'm Indian
And I can say that's a brilliant observation that I missed.

Yes you are right, roadside tea stalls have just one or 2 employees at the most. More than 3 is highly unlikely and even impossible.

Even small restaurants don't have that many employees.
hmmmmmm

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Way over the top. Was the tea Typhoo, PG Tips, Tetley or Brooke Bond?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Which is why I've never been fond of the Islamic culture...much less the religion itself. It's truly barbaric...and I'm quite glad the U.S. isn't so soft with these types of extremist individuals. Although...I can't say for certain at this time.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I feel a little suspicious.

The anti-Islam wagon is rolling at full speed in my country and I've heard nothing of this.

The only sites I can find on the web with the story are religious sites (or links to such).

Perhaps I am just too jaded.

Edit to clarify web results.

[edit on 16/6/09 by AngelInterceptor]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
and i thought "no shirt, no shoes, no service" was overly strict...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It reads a bit too much like "anti-muslim" rhetoric. Any credible news source for this?

As an aside, imagine what the black man wen through in the US a few generations ago, when drinking from the white mans water fountain could get you lynched. You can hide your religious affiliation, not so your skin color.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

"When you meet your enemies who are polytheists, invite them to three courses of action. If they respond to any one of these, you also accept it and withhold yourself from doing them any harm. Invite them to [accept] Islam; if they respond to you, accept it from them and desist from fighting against them. ... If they refuse to accept Islam, demand from them the jizya. If they agree to pay, accept it from them and hold off your hands. If they refuse to pay the tax, seek Allah’s help and fight them."
-Islamic Prophet Muhammad

Being that these are the words of their prophet I don't find this sort of action upon another person (simply because of their faith) hard to believe.

Not that other religions have not taught similar crap but they seem to say, " convert, become subjects, or die. There is no coexistence according to their prophet.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by lazy1981]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Oh, yes....... the "Bad People" are always "over there". Excuse me...... but, I live in a middle-of-America state university town and have read in the state supported and therefore state/people owned university newspaper an editorial by the editor-in-chief that stated simply and openly.... "We don't want Christians working on our newspaper."

The world is all the same....... wake up.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
As-sallamu aleykum (Peace be upon you)
Wa aleykum-us-sallam (and peace to you)

Right.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
From the ATS Terms and Conditions

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Also, please read

The END of Hate Speechm subtle or otherwise, on ATS

By all means discuss the topic. But if you can't discuss it in a civilised manner, then think again before posting.

[edit on 17/6/09 by neformore]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I'm prrepared to get flamed for this, but I'll say it anyway.

These "tea shop owners" were probably rewarded and praised for this behavior. But herein lies the problem and here's where the US gets in trouble for "forcing democracy" on other countries.

Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, etc. -- live by the laws of Islam. Which does not even acknowledge jews exist - let alone serve them. And Christians are generally banned from all types of strictly Muslim establishments. It is perfectly acceptable to stipulate a place as "for Musims only". Other religeons are considered wrong, dirty, and damaging to the Muslim way of life.

Now, if the "west" simply allows them to live as they choose -- which this thread is an example of -- then this cycle continues.

That's the problem with turning a blind eye and providing them aide, trade, food, etc. -- it basically allows them to continue living like this.

BUT -- if we turn around and say that we are not providing aide because of how they live, we are accused of forcing democracy.

So what is the answer? Do you cut them off from the rest of the world until they treat all people equally -- which is in essence democracy -- or do you say "live and let live".

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

There shouldn't be any more space for people like these on this planet. Fanaticism is a disease of the mind and extremists are just animals.

I'm sure almost word for word what was uttered by the shop keeper when he saw the sign of the cross.

You're just two sides to the same coin - and no, I'm not calling you a Christian, I'm calling you a fanatic because you're talking like one.

Was it wrong to kill the man - sure.
Though I admit I'd like to hear the rest of the story.
It all sounds a bit sketchy to me actually.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join