It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in Washington DC (Updated)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
WTG old man. Give them even more chance to ridicule and make everyone who questions the holocaust, look insane.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by JustAThought]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

Zeroghost,
you're not the only one - but one of the few people who posted something on this board to make me fee good about being a human being. GOOD WORK! Thank you. Have a fantastic week!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I wonder if Obama's Reverend Wright is a right wing extremist also. You see his interview today?

Rev. Wright Says 'Them Jews' Won't Let Obama Talk to Him

www.foxnews.com...

This is what happens when the labels start flying.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Yeah, that Reverand Wright. One class act.

All this shooting, and the shooter is reported to be wounded.

Folks, there's a lesson here.

A .45 is for folks who only want to shoot once.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

"Folks, there's a lesson here.
A .45 is for folks who only want to shoot once."

Dooper,
I love dark comedy. A star for you sir.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Folks, there's a lesson here.

A .45 is for folks who only want to shoot once.

Yeah, sounds like a slightly addled elderly man. Probably a spur of the moment idea.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Spur of the moment? Somehow I doubt it, he served time for attempting to get into the Fed with a firearm.

You could, however, be right. I think it more likely that he wanted to go out a martyr to the cause. You know, a hero to the masses of those oppressed by the evil Jew...given his attitude as expressed on his website.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Spur of the moment? Somehow I doubt it, he served time for attempting to get into the Fed with a firearm.

Spur of the moment as in he didn't plan this very well. Yeah he probably thought about various things for a long time, but if he had PLANNED this he probably would have done more than wound a security guard.

This ain't no Virginia Tech massacre.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
A sad event by a person who obviously has major issues and hatred in his life.

Perhaps a lesson for all can be learned here.

That hatred no mater what the form is not what this country is all about.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
According to the Huffington Post, if you don't believe Obama is truly a citizen, that is "disturbing".

They claim that is yet another one of the disturbing qualities the museum shooter had

Among the myriad of disturbing qualities of James Von Brunn, the 88-year-old man who shot and killed a security officer inside the Holocaust Museum on Wednesday, is his apparent belief that Barack Obama is not a citizen of the United States and therefore has no right to the presidency.

Source

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SurvivalGearDepot

Oh my god, obviously this means anyone who questions the President's Supreme Right to Reign could be a Terrorist!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Something tells me it will be "discovered" that this white supremacist was also a Ron Paul supporter, a Constitutionalist, a 9/11 truther, a global warming denier, and listened to Alex Jones.

Like Rahm said, "never let a serious crisis go to waste!".

Peace

Holocaust Museum Shooting, Antisemitic Conspiracy Theories, and the Tools of Fear
www.dailykos.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This guy saw all the attention Tiller's killer got and felt jealous so he wanted to kill some Jews and thought he could find them at the holocaust museum. Glorify one terrorist and others will seek the same kind of attention and go on a killing spree, it's the same thing with school shootings.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo

Conspiracy theorism and racism are not the same belief system. But within this context, they share the same worldview and many conspiracy theories have racial undertones and are based off of racial beliefs.

yes

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippy2012
reply to post by Yetichi

If you are watching Glen Beck right now you must be shocked at the way they are linking 9/11 truthers to all sorts of violent terrorists. What a propaganda filled media day.

I am sorry but it does incite people. Think about it.

I have seen the anti -Semitism, anti-christian, anti-American venom ,

I am really worried that forums can and do unwittingly,( actually some is done purposely), encourage this kind of behavior, why do you think the owners try and reign it in when it gets out of control.

[edit on 063030p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
Glenn Beck just lumped many people as people that needed to be watched...especially the 911 Truthers, who he says are dangerous.

It's getting very dangerous and the lines are being drawn. I never thought the people who strive for truth would be a threat to everyone else. Perhaps it's the people who have something to hide are the ones being threatened?

Actually, if there is NO truth to the 9/11 truth movement, then they are putting us all in danger of another attack by taking our eyes off the real threat.

Yea, I know, my position is not popular,

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

"All this shooting, and the shooter is reported to be wounded."
Have to apologise in advance,I hadn't heard just how much shooting
had gone on?
Anyway I suppose the old man got lucky since he may be the
one who shot first,or am I being presumptuous?
And I presume a .45 out of a rifle would be quite devastating
if it hit its mark,lucky it was that there was nobody else about,
just an ordinary guy in the way...yours was not a joke,
just an observation so no stars from me,sorry.

link   
I am concerned that this act of individualism, is going to create a form of stereotyping for internet users. A fanatic is a fanatic, their is nothing you can really do about that. Fanatical behavior is what this madman was an example of. Just wondering what laws are going to be passed now, since this occurred, obviously the internet seems to be the culprit for this act of violence, his stage to perversely point out his racist views and conspiracy theories. Will this act of individualism be a spring board to launch a censorship or control factor on the WWW in America? Just because of what one individual did? Not to mention gun control, or More camera's everywhere, more patriot act. The way the Cable news networks are following this story its like a minor 911.

link   

Originally posted by Mister E.
I bet it was some Nazi moron that went there to try and get rid of the jews and thought he would be some hero in the skinhead nation. Then again it could of been some disgruntled employee that went crazy.

Looks like I was right it was some idiot skinhead. I dont know how to put in a source on here but I just seen it on yahoo.com

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

It's a big deal because he has a history of violence and the connections to incite it. I remember when he was arrested in 1981 for trying to take the chairman of the Federal Reserve hostage, this was also around the time a bunch of Canadian and American racial seperatists tried to seize control of Dominica. He also has apparently tried to have books published in the past on the topic of racial separatism.

At his age I would not be surprised if it was an attempt at suicide by police while taking out someone he percieved as a target but it was a stupid act. I was there last summer and enjoyed visiting the museum, its also a shame that he defaced the whole point of its existence in that way.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join