It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in Washington DC (Updated)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Black people will see a white supremacist who killed a black man who was just doing his job, Jewish people will see another anti-semite who hates Jews.

And 200 million white people will wonder why we are all being cast in the same mould as a crazy old guy with a rifle.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

Well he is getting ATTENTION he does not deserve...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I live a short drive from the museum. This isnt over. All the hateheads on all sides are gonn come crawlin outta the woodwork around here and something else awful will happen.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Hi,
I just wondered what the real threat is,you don't give any details
and that has got my curiosity.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The holocaust was the ultimate hate crime. The holocaust museum is loaded with symbolic significance for our society.

Any kind of violence that takes place there will of course be fraught with historic associations, even if the shooter turns out to be just an old man with Alzheimer's. (It hasn't been proved definitively that he was THE James Von Brunn of the racist and anti-Semitic website).

It's no wonder that the media would seize on this, and that people will look for meanings in this event. It's no wonder that the president has hastened to denounce it.

To do less would be to acquiesce to those dark forces that would perpetrate another holocaust.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
For weeks now we've been hearing and outraged at the reports that the militia and veteran soldiers were potential terrorist threats. We all thought it was just another way of declaring us ALL as terrorists...
Now out of nowhere we have a veteran shoot a few people and a militia minded old guy do the same...
And we wonder if it is just chance?
These are simple propaganda tools to guide the witless into throwing more rights away.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

Maybe, maybe not. A lot of the people into the separatist/NeoNazi movements practice "leaderless resistance," which are self-initiated acts of violence that can be timed to coordinate with each other. Many anti-abortionists also are active racists and America's current socioeconomic mess perfectly fits scenarios they've discussed for years as the breeding ground of revolution. I hate to say it but in some respects America really is starting to resemble "The Turner Diaries."

Back in the early 1990s many of the more prominent groups began encouraging members to go underground, go to college and to join the military to learn how to fight. They may be throwing out the fringies like Von Brunn to stir up trouble with the intent of doing far more damage later on. I can guarantee you they are present on this site, its been cited on various racist sites over the past couple of years.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
In other news the global elite are using companies like DynCorp to operate child kidnapping rings all over the world while at the same time are slowly eroding the world economy in order to consolidate power.

This crazy old man obviously hates jews and thus went on a shooting spree yet some people hate for other reasons and kill other people and i bet there is a statistic that says a man is murdered every 3 minutes in the U.S.

Horrible things happen all the time the problem lies in what is done after the horrible thing. We can't have our lives altered every time somebody kills people. The idea of terrorism is to make us change or way of life and so far all that's happened over and over is our civil liberties keep getting taken away.

We know this event will be used to pass new laws of some sort and those laws will be used against innocent civilians and i don't support it.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurvivalGearDepot
reply to post by Sestias

Lets be real here though.
The Holocaust has also been overblown, and used as an excuse for some of Israels actions.

One must ask if Israel didnt have its fist up the proverbial ass of our government, would we even have a Holocaust Museum?

Why do we have one here anyways?

Let's be real here.

The Holocaust hasn't been blown to the full extent it deserves. Nor has the atrocities committed in the then Soviet Union by Stalin. There should be a Holocaust Museum in every developed country and the world...and then the developed countries should help build one in the undeveloped countries, so that no one ever forgets the true magnitude of hatred run riot.

Fist/ass or foot/mouth, it makes no difference, the truth should have the freedom to be told.

It's about that simple.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

No American was involved in the Holocaust unless they chose to emigrate here afterwards.

It was a European problem, not an American.

We are not the worlds police force. Hell nothing in the Constitution gives the feds that power.

Hitler didnt threaten us by killing millions of jews. Again, it was a european problem, not an American.

There is no reason to have a Holocaust museum here, especially one that would receive federal funding.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SurvivalGearDepot

Now there's a great outlook!

It didn't happen here so who cares, right?

Brilliant.

The civilized world believes in learning from past mistakes, in teaching our children what has happened and the importance of not letting it happen again.

Civilized people recognize the importance of people being aware of horrible events, regardless of where they occurred.

Yeah, that's what civilized people want. I guess that answers that question.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurvivalGearDepot
reply to post by Valhall

No American was involved in the Holocaust unless they chose to emigrate here afterwards.

It was a European problem, not an American.

We are not the worlds police force. Hell nothing in the Constitution gives the feds that power.

Hitler didnt threaten us by killing millions of jews. Again, it was a european problem, not an American.

There is no reason to have a Holocaust museum here, especially one that would receive federal funding.

So you're changing your whole argument? Whatever. The point of the Holocaust Museums are remembrance of both what the WORLD lost and what the WORLD allowed.

We should all remember. Your argument has no legs.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Maybe I can clear this up for you. I'll type real slow.

The guard, or whoever shot the perp, only wounded the shooter.

I stated that there was a lesson here. The .45 is only for folks (the guard or police) who want to only shoot once.

And unlike the 9mm, the .45ACP is usually is a deal closer.

Sorry for the dark humor.

If I could send you a dollar, you could then at least buy yourself some sense of humor, doubling what you currently have to work with.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

You would then ask why the government is paying for textbooks to educate children about the Holocaust.

It's pretty clear where you're going with this. I'll save you the time.

I'm not sure what this has to do with this thread anyways.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
OK not sure whats going on and will try to get info if i can,

More police cars ect are heading back to the museum now?? And from what im hearing pretty quickly,

I will update ASAP on any news,.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
What a great night. For the last few weeks or so I've been seeing some things posted here that I really don't like.
Valhall and Nihilus, thanks for being human.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Holocaust Memorial Museum says there has been no new incident at the building itself.

I'm hearing that there is at least 1 ambulance turning up

MPD had no information on a (new) event there and also the FD spokesman didn't have information.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by asala]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nihilus

You would then ask why the government is paying for textbooks to educate children about the Holocaust.

It's pretty clear where you're going with this. I'll save you the time.

I'm not sure what this has to do with this thread anyways.

Educate ? LOL

They show them pictures of a bunch of dead guys and go : "Hitler killed 6 million jews because he hated all races but his own. Ofcourse the japanese and Arabs were his allies which we bombed to hell with atomic weapons, but oooh nooo ... HITLER'S the badguy. Can we have Israel now pwetty pwetty please ?"

More like brainwash.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by JustAThought]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join