It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in Washington DC (Updated)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Perhaps someone called in a bomb threat? Or maybe threatened another shooting? It wouldn't surprise me at all to hear someone called in a prank threat to cause a stir and get a kick out of it. Especially with how many "friends" Von Brunn must now have in the white supremacist communities on the Internet.

I doubt something else will really happen. There's a lot of police activity in the area. People talk big behind the anonymity of the Internet, but actually going out and doing something is a completely different story. Even these people aren't that stupid.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This event coincides with Barack Obama's recent speech at Buchenwald concentration camp which was posted on YouTube yesterday: President Obama Visits Buchenwald Concentration Camp.

Considering the extent of the government's remote mind control program, the shooter may have been under its influence.

*Also, 88 is a Neo-Nazi code for Heil Hitler (HH = 88) [1].

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SurvivalGearDepot

Wou;d you care to speak to the American Holocaust, then? Those of my ancestors? The one who were doing just fine to the Europeans decided they just had to come in and show us a better way, to burn our villages and rape and kill our women and children in order to save our immortal souls?
My American Indian great grandparents are buried under a runway on a now closed runway. The government saw fit to move the headstones, but not the bodies.
Your attitude about the holocaust in Europe and the Soviet Union speak of someone who cares only for himself. No, I don't know you. I only know your words, and they are words without compassion. They are words of hate.
My soul hurts for you.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Prez. Barry S. had another manchurian wake up.

Just what he wanted

Dudes a vet
He's white
He's disgruntled
He's a firearm owner
Thinks the country is going to hell

What more could a two-bit Neo-Progressive want to have so he could point at and say "see? told ya so! angry white guy with gun!!!"

I'm really getting tired of these stories.

Oh. I forgot. Sotomayooooooor is going to save us. She, after all, has the wisdom of a female latina!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Sorry, I prefer to live in the present, not in the past. I dont whine about my Irish ancestors being enslaved, nor do I whine about Hitler wiping out my polish ancestors.

It has no bearing on who I am today, nor does your ancestors being wiped out effect you today in any way except those you choose to let it.

As for the bodies, you and I both know the moment they would attempt to move the bodies of your great great grandparents, there would be some complaining about the job not being done right and talk of desecrating "sacred" ground.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It has been written that those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it. I choose to study the past, live in the present, and honor those who were needlessly slaughtered.
And no, nothing would have been seaid about desecrating the land. It was a different time. There wasn't a liberal hiding behind every tree with a restraining order. Besides, it wasn't and "indian burial ground." It was a regular cematary. There are whites and indians buried there. But when the Army Air Corps decided they needed a base, they just built it.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

To me the Holocaust goes beyond an "European problem" or "American problem" or the "Jews problem" etc etc. These museums are there to remind us of the darkest period of recent human history. Yes there are other examples of atrocities that have been done throughout history, but this is something that happened not even a century ago yet. Survivors of the camps had come here and their stories should not be forgotten. There are still living survivors of the Holocaust, so this isn't some ancestrial whining as you put it.

Yes there were millions of Chinease and Russians that were slaughtered during that period that don't get nearly the same attention that this event does but the reason for that is, is that General Eisenhower wanted everything photographed, videotaped, and got as much attention to it as possible so that the world could see what happened there and never forget it. No one was there to shed light about the other death tolls in this way. I agree, we should all live in the present, but dismissing history from any country is just foolish. Again it goes beyond any one countries problem, it affects the world. Ignoring the past makes you repeat it.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

Exactly. Genocide appears closer to the "human condition" than peaceful coexistence in too many societies. There should be more museums like that, not everyone will read a book or watch a tv program but if you put information where they can literally see it or touch it, it might have some affect on how people operate.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
wouldnt it be a great world if every event that took place was taken as is

instead of every single event that takes place being manipulated after the fact by every single different political, religious, and racial group in existence

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
So why such a huff and puff about this shooting ?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
While I understand the emotions that a news story like this can incite from all sides, I urge all members to remember the following and please abide:

Terms and Conditons of Use on ATS

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

WRONG. There were in fact Americans detained in concentration and prison camps including a number of black American jazz performers who were rounded up in annexed territories including Valaida Snow who was at the time one of the world's most famous singers.

The American government was fully aware of what was going on and failed to intervene despite petitions from the World Jewish Congress and relief organizations due to the influence of Henry Ford and other industrialists, making them fully culpable. Not to mention that the government openly allowed American Nazi Party members to operate Hitler Youth-styled traning camps in the US and to visit Germany to participate in political activities with the German Nazi party. That in itself is a form of endorsement, you sure didn't see them granting that freedom to the non-white Japanese-Americans who were summarily rounded up and placed into concentration camps.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Ok so I'm confused. Was this guy (sorry I can't remember his name) for A FACT the guy that everyone is talking about that had all of those things on the internet? I know that was confusing, sorry.

I personally wouldn't assume that the guy was the Neo-Nazi that everyone is talking about. I know of about 15 people who share my brother's name, and its really easy to find all of them on the internet. I know that guy didn't have what exactly is a common name, but still.

It's so sad to hear about the security guard, he was most likely just doing his job. I've been to the Holocaust Museum before, and I had the chance to go into the museum before it was open. Quite a beautiful place, regardless of one's views.

Does anyone know how the gunman is doing? Am I remembering correctly that he was also injured?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Obama's whole report on domestic terrorism to me doesn't seem so crazy after all. I'm just saying... a lot of people on this site were upset about that report, but recently their has been numerous incidents that fall right into the context of that report.

Jus sayin

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Well I can see with all the off topic posts, and passionate opinons over genocide and the holocaust, that even the MSM spin, has effected the significance of this story even here on this thread on ATS.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Adrifter]

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

Ever happen to think those American nazi groups were "allowed" to operate while the japanese were rounded up was due to the fact the Nazi's hadnt attacked the United States like the Japanese did?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

We certainly dont need a multi hundred million dollar museum to remind us of the holocaust. I've never been there, and I am well aware of what happened.

Can you say the same?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot

What really sucks is now if you mention anything about the federal reserve to a non-CT type they will lump you in with the likes of this rabid numbskull.

Ya think? Isn't that convenient? Look at what I just found on abcnews.com: Reference to the Federal Reserve on ABC News Website

From that site:

Von Brunn argued the Fed was not allowed to exist under the Constitution and claimed it was a Jewish means of controlling the U.S. government.

"It is one of many parasitical Rothschild Central Banks infesting the world stage," he wrote on www.holywesternempire.org. "Its power ascends over every U.S. citizen from cradle to grave. Every dollar in your wallet is a note issued by the FED. The U.S. Government redeems that note (principal and interest) with your taxes. Through its enormous resources and power the FED controls the machinery of the U.S. Government."

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join