It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 100
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It's not googo it's 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ect. or just

googol 10 to the 100

No really I was just wondering only saw once, thought in might be people.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by googolplex]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

lol... it was my niece trying to wake me up, not my "other self"

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
OOBE's have always sounded too much like fooling around with a ouija..er,angel board. You are putting yourself out there for any kind of entity, good or bad, to influence or even harm you.

I can see the attraction for it , but it could be a bad trip just as well as a good trip.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Personally I don't fool around with ouija, tarot cards or channeling. But I think people astral project all the time and don't even know it. And I know sooner or later they will do it once, right out thru the old aperture of Brahma.
Wait it does say here to project the consciousness-principle in the subtle ( or"astral" ) body is of all yogic practices the most dangerous.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by googolplex]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seabisquit

This has been discussed at length several times throughout the thread. And several conclusions have been reached. The conversations have been very interesting. I agree with the theory of "Mind over matter" in which you are only as vulnerable as you believe yourself to be. If you are aware and believe that you are in control (which you are), then nothing can harm you. I hope this helps

[edit on 11/23/2008 by psimorb333]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
By the way, the actual reason that I am posting was to report a breakthrough finally! I was laying on my side and was feeling vibrations and hearing whooshing sounds. This continued until everything went numb and there was an extreme silence. Then there was a "snap" and I was sort of slingshotted out of my body. I felt my body and had clearly been moved. but i was floating several feet off the ground. While I could not see this felt very real. After several seconds I was snapped back into my body. This was very exiting for me and this amazing experience could not have been achieved if I had not discovered this thread. Thank you all very much
My goal finally been reached after over 2 years!
I will continue to to develop my skills now that I have made this breakthrough I believe that progressing will come a bit easier.

[edit on 11/23/2008 by psimorb333]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
So glad to hear that your heard the 'snap' and stayed with it! Everytime I heard the crack (which to me sounds JUST like a jack being plugged into an amp!) I would get too excited and confused by the complete SILENCE and would snap straight back to my body. That initial feeling really helps and boosts confidence that it is possible by 10 fold. Keep it up!!! We're all in this together and it's really cool to hear that this thread is working for everyone involved.

TRG, thanks ever so much for your comment earlier this week, I'm feeling a bit under the weather so have had a lot of time to lie in bed and practice. This really is such a good thread for anyone interested and I'm so happy that it's beginning to work for so many people! Literally everyday someone is putting up a little post with some new positive steps in their journey to complete control of the astral body....

Well Done Everyone!!!

For those that haven't experienced the whooshing or the inner silence or the hypnogogic images...be happy! you have a lot of fun to come!

Trance OOBE

I can't point people to the above website enough, it really is a great page and was personally VERY useful

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Wow!

I've had a few days of heavy drinking and had hardly any sleep the day before yesterday. I had plenty of sleep last night and woke up today and was sat here on my pc feeling crap from yesterdays drink so decided to try getting a few hours kip. I layed down and everytime I started drifting off into a dream my leg kept jolting. After a while I felt myself become all relaxed and paralysed slightly and I was just layed there. As asual at this point I'm aware that if I mentally sit up then I'd be able to and so I did. I floated over to my desk and ran my hand across the edges and slowly gained my vision. I looked up at the tv to see if I could see what was on to verify after and 'the weakest link' was on which is a quiz show. I was looking at the contestants on it making note of what they was wearing and then I looked around and freaked out a bit as I thought I saw someone else in my room but then realised it was me. I crept really close to my face and willed myself to wake up.

On awakening I sat up and looked at the tv and couldn't believe it but there was 2 of the contestants wearing just what I'd seen when out. I then kept slipping in and out quite easily and was basically just fumbling about touching things in my room amazed with how 'real' everything felt. I also projected blind and felt myself drifting off and then suddenly I felt really cold and on acquiring vision found myself just above the driveway in the back garden.

Definitely the best verification I've had so far.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
we should ALL be proud of the sharing of knowledge on this thread.....
we are gathered here from all over the world.

It has now reached ~100 pages~ of postings and thats seriously huge!!
....it is so wonderful to have this thread to read and ponder, with all the doomsday gloom and plunder on the board, this thread has an altogether different feel to it.
I am honored to be a part of this.
I am still so embarrassed by the 1st page,
but I was just reaching out and giving a crazy idea a shot in the dark to see what would happen.

psimorb333 CONGRATS!!!
now when you get out and can not see (I have so much experience with that)...visualize a nob like on a stereo you turn UP....and in turning it up your turning up your vision....say aloud I want clear vision right now! and keep dialing up the 'vision nob'.......sometimes it takes a few mins but slowly the darkness will fill with light.......

Funny the TRUTH of what we teach best we most need to learn ourselves....I am amazed & humbled that I can be helpful to others in this process that I am so challenged by.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hi all, been following this for a while and finally had a breakthrough so thought id contribute. I started reading about spirituality etc over the last two weeks and wanted to prove to myself that there was 'something else' elso out there to believe in you know? Im not religeous and the daily rat race was really starting to get me down just recently.

Anyway..... Sorry for the autobiography. I started reading about oobe's and found this thread and thought it was actually amazing! It gave me the resolve to try it. Theres alot of information about oobes around but you guys seem very genuine and realy seemed to believe it was possible...... Im glad to say that i do to!!! I have been, to a better word enlightened!

I read the pdf by RobertPaulsim and then when striaght to bed with the attention of projecting from the dream world but couldn't, but started to keep a dream diary. I then stayed up reading on the second night and went straight to bed and tried the trance method, and i couldn't believe it!!!

I must have blacked out, because i kind of woke up instantly with my eyes blinking rapidly and my heart started beating fast, i heard a wooshing in my ears and my body felt light. I got too excited/scared though and had to stop as i couldn't handle it.

Then the night after i experienced the same feeling but didn't get scared and rode out the storm so to speak but nothing came of it.

Then last nite the same but i really concentrated and still snapped out of it. I know though that its possible and im on the edge and any extra tips anyone could give would be great.

Oorbs well done, Greens and Paulsim thanls for the material and RiverGoddess thanks for staring the thread!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I don't think its a question of fooling around with it, therefore its being dangerous. Asking for and claiming protection may be useful here, but, I believe to some extent its an inborn ability. My mother talked about this for years, and later one of my best friends. I would have thought they were a little crazy, lol, but I had an experience where my friend was visiting late at night, sitting at the foot of my bed, talking her head off. I kept tossing and turning in my bed, and couldn't remember what she was saying. I woke up and went to look for her, and bumped into our house guest. So I asked if she was there and couldn't believe she wasn't. I kept saying she was in my room, talking excitedly and that she woke me up. The next morning she came over and we had an interesting conversation, to say the least. She had come to visit me astrally!

I've tried all my life. I've meditated. I've reached the vibrational stage many times, with whole body vibrations, and tried to lift my hands out, to no avail. I've tried the rope technique, again, to no avail. My 17 year old has only meditated off and on a bit, and he came down excitedly, saying he was up in the air above his body. The moment he realized that he was near the ceiling, he got scared and quickly came back and jumped out of bed. I was very jealous. I've even had help offered, that so far, didn't do the trick.

I don't think everyone can do it, in the end, when they're awake anyway. But for those who can, they don't always get a choice, so its not just fooling around for them. Some of them just have to deal with learning how to keep safe, because they find themselves experiencing this whether they asked for the gift or not, and whether they worked hard for it or not, like my son.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
hey guys, interesting thread indeed. Only read a few of the posts though. I was about to start my own thread asking questions about it, and found this one.

So recently I have been trying to achieve astral projection, and have been completely unsuccessful until recently. I had a slight breakthrough;

I had a late morning nap and I heard a ringing sound in my ears, and then a sharp snap which made my whole body jerk for a second like one very short full body muscle spasm. A few moments later I could see my room from where I lay. I tried to climb out of my body but all I could do was lift my right arm and i was able to look at it clearly. I tried to climb out but was unable to and i woke up.

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice as to how to completely climb out of my body. All I could manage was to lift up my right arm and couldn't get any further????

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

Really pleased for you mate, that's really good to hear that this thread is really helping. I'd say well done buddy and don't worry about rushing into it. I personally would be VERY surprised if it worked after the first couple tries, now you know that it WORKS and it is REAL, I feel that is the first major hurdle to conquer and you have conquered it

I'd try not to push it too hard, I had a real hard time a while back and couldn't project or even lucid dream properly because I was trying TOO hard. I'd wake up the next morning feeling like I hadn't slept at all and the whole night I'd get the feeling that I wasn't able to get to sleep (weird, as if I was dreaming I couldn't get to sleep!)

Anyway, pat yourself on the back, relax, get some decent exercise in, spend some time thinking/writing down a few places near your house that you would like to explore; when you're concentrating on projecting use the thought of where you'd like to go as a good stepping stone.

They are some things I use when I am going through a period of 'trying too hard'. Don't worry, very regularly I will hear the snap (sounds like a guitar jack unplugging from my head!!!) and I will then start getting the FEAR!!! I think it's normal, for me I get round it by trying less hard and relaxing a bit more...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Clarky

glad you got the validation part of it,its funny when waking in between sleep and wake stage i often ask quite hard questions of myself only to be met most times with a answer that i wouldnt know the answer to if i were awake thinking of it,most of the time i ask questions about people ive not seen in a long time or places im thinking of going,i usually get a answer instantly but ive only got a very short time to ask,about 30-50 seconds of trying to balance the feeling,has anyone else tried this?whenyou said you saw yourself it reminded me of one of my earlier experiences,which i still dont know what to think of it,i remember laying on my chest/front almost instantly seperating but seeing my twoselves from a 3rd posistion in the room,i saw my normal self on the bed,my oobe self floating above normal self ,and my consciousness which is where i felt i was in a corner of the room.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
i think somthing is chasing me because everytime i dont move and relax i feel somthing weird and when i open my eyes it just stops or if i move.
can you tell me what to do (how to communicate with the being or to get her/him off me) please help me just reply and i will give you my email

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

might a request something that will help u with your goal??
i had posted something just like this earlier today
a person on the site told me that to induce and astral projection (OoBE)
he told me take steps like this

-lay down in a comfortable position, or sit on a chair or something

-relax

-concentrate on your breathing

-after a while you will maybe hear voices and feel kinda tingly,

- remember, do not fear the voices, it is fear alone that keeps u in ur physical body

- wait a while wen you hear the voices/feel tingly

-after that, try to move you hand or something, not physically tho, in your mind move your hand,

-once you move your hand in your mind, think about sitting up, but in your mind only, not physically

-hopefully this helps you

-also, if that does not help, try some meditation for an hour or so a day then try another day

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hi guys, thought I'd turn to you lot first. Hope all is going well.

A close friend of mine is constantly talking about these 'balls of light' he sees. I'm sure that it is caused by light photons bouncing back against the wall of the eye and not escaping (something along those lines). I read it in a post/link on this site and now I can't find it...arghhh...100 pages seems like a bit much to go through so if anyone knows what i'm talking about please u2u me.

p.s. this is not hynogogia.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Crash

You are having them you just don't recognize them - start writing your dreams down whenever you have them no matter what time - This will help you to focus.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Just a quick update for any of those out ther interested... had a small breakthrough the other day where had a kind of false awakening and realised and i would say came 'lucid' in a dream for the first time!!! the difference for me to the trance method was with the trance method when i feel im getting close to projecting i get nervous involuntary, where as this time i was kind of elated and thought it was going to happen but it didnt! :-(
Nether the less i feel like im getting closer, and thenks greens im just gona keep relaxing and believing and hopefully it will happen!
Wish i could help out with the orb thing mate, to say thanks for the advice but i havnt a clue soory.

Take Care Everyone!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Ok i'm back with one of my monthly astral novels. (I like to give details, to try and paint a better picture of what happened). Today I woke up past the time I should have.. or perhaps my subconscious was telling me to take a day off and that it had a mission in store for me. This time I went to a lower astral realm. Very unfriendly! Enjoy:

---- ---- ---- ----

I'm going to write this down the best I can. When I woke up it was if I lost all clarity as to how it started. I just recall that I was dreaming and I was in an internet cafe with 2 freinds of mine, this dream place was familiar. Usually some places have a reference to the physical world, like I knew the street corner where this place was in the physical, but it was nothing like this. I also recalled being on the roof of a building, I was working (As I'm supposed to be right now). I remember I tried to change the dream to make the job much easier. I saw this girl there I knew, apparently she used to work for the company (not so, but anyways..).. I think at this point I was partially aware that I was dreaming so it may have helped, I may have even slipped into it knowingly, i can't remember. I told myself this morning that since I was just laying in bed that I would astral project, but i don't tell myself that.. that never works.. i told myself I would get sleep paralysis, from which then I project. I think my room-mate said something loud or I woke up natually but I was only half awake and my conscious mind new it was still in a transitional spot between fully awake and sleeping, so I decided to take advantage of it.. I started to make myself vibrate, like sleep paralysis conditions, but they weren't as intense as a normal one, I think since I initiated it when I wasn't quite in the right "spot" to do it, either way it worked. I got vibrating, I even breathed in energy before I got out, and not into any chakras, just in general.. you know why? One time I got out and decided I could use more energy, I breathed into my solar plexus and ended up teleporting back to my bed and in paralysis. So that didn't work. So i decided to charge myself before I got out.

It was a struggle to get out, i didn't just drift out as always, since it was a different state of this vibratory paralysis then usual. Its hard to explain. But usually i tell myself (vibrate higher).. and then I just drift out, never struggle. I saw 2 sets of legs and arms kind of move as I moved my "body" (at this point, though you think you feel your physical body, your perception lies in a different energy field, a different world all together).. Some voice told me some reason why we humans are having trouble seperating and it sounded absurd when I remember, ha.. but actually.. it could make a lot of sense... the voice mentioned the economic situation.. so maybe people are staying close to the physical these days worrying about their damned money, ha.. I don't know. Stuff that always sounds wacky, once re-examined can be interesting.

So I was out and I was in this room of like a medieval castle, this wasn't a very happy place.. i get the feeling I projected to a lower astral realm. One of the "hell realms"..it even had a less then cheery ambient music. I saw 2 beautiful and seducing looking women walk by as I left the room. As a guy, many of these experiences are wasted on chasing astral sex apparently. I did it once or twice but since then, and just like this time, i said.. i got more important things to do.. yet (maybe later,
).. I needed answers. I needed to seek a wise one, a highly spiritual representative of this plane.

*CONTINUED BELOW*

new topics

top topics

<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join