It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion Doctor George Tiller Reportedly Killed at Church

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

I said this earlier, but no one seems to read through threads:

to think that someone waits until they're late in their pregnancy and then goes, "OMGzor, I do not want this babee!" is as ridiculous as the words I just typed.

First, there are only 3 doctors in the whole US that perform this. Secondly, the cost is ten times what it would be for the normal d&c, and this isn't considering travel and other considerations. Third, it's not an easy procedure. Fourth, two other doctors have to agree that there's a good medical reason for doing this.

So to paint this as something lazy, heartless and uncaring whores do, who pop over to 'inconvenience' themselves from a baby, is a lie.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
ok there's one thing I want to say
many pro-abortionists are given their stance a bad name

to generalize and say all anti-abortionists are delusional or potentital terroists not only make you look like a clown but gives the same generalized bad name to your group that you are trying to give to it

to say that all anti-abortionists are delusional is clearly delusional.

while in search for truth you should always look at people as individuals.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette

I said this earlier, but no one seems to read through threads:
*snip*
So to paint this as something lazy, heartless and uncaring whores do, who pop over to 'inconvenience' themselves from a baby, is a lie.

I read the whole thread, even most of the links! I mention that because you seem to take issue with those that (choose) not to, instead coddling the reader with the text in true progressive form.

I never painted the picture you describe, perhaps you should follow your own signature's advice!

By the way, it's spelled "masturbation"... with a "u". Who said I'm such a jerk? I wouldn't want your signature's mispellings detract from your credibility. Keep towing your agenda's line, and try to look a bit more educated doing it, K?

[edit on 1/6/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yes, I've made a judgment call based upon years of experience and observation...nothing wrong with that. You say you are a pro-lifer, but what have you done to protect and serve the lives already here? Where is your fervor for the poor and homeless? Have you accepted your responsibility for the well-being your fellow citizens (a fetus is not a citizen)?

I'm reminded of what Gandhi suggested to a fellow Hindu after Muslim-Hindu riots killed many people of each camp and the Hindu man felt guilty about his part in the killings. Gandhi suggested the man adopt a Muslim child who was orphaned, which the man readily agreed to, but then was taken aback when Gandhi pointed out that his duty, his responsibility, included raising the child as a Muslim, not a Hindu. Would you, could you do as Gandhi asked? If so, then you may claim to be responsible. Could you raise a murdered abortion doctor's children to be pro-choice?

Of course we have things to discuss, but the discussion must involve the physical, social, and economic realities, and not just stop with religious beliefs that are not shared. You are free to believe whatever you like. I am free to believe that talking to invisible persons is a mark of insanity. Neither of us is free to shoot the other because we differ in our opinion. Christianity is one of the most irresponsible religions on the planet, because the most heinous behavior is ok as long as you repent afterwards: a free pass to torture, mutilate, and destroy lives as you will, so long as those you do are different, and you feel sorry afterwards.

Never decline a discussion that may illuminate an issue, even if it appears that minds are made up...I'm talking to you, right? And your mind seems fairly set in stone. Just because we happen to beleive different things doesn't mean that we can't each come to a better understanding of why the other feels and believes as they do, and learn to respect those differences.

The main point comes down to control: you want to interfere with other people's lives...I want you to run your own and leave others to theirs.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
ok there's one thing I want to say
many pro-abortionists are given their stance a bad name

I think it would be helpful if you used the proper terms when referring to the pro choice side of this discussion. Since you seem interested in making sure others are precise with their language, I would think you would expect the same from yourself.

I know many people on both sides of the argument. None of them are pro abortion.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

apacheman nailed it perfectly. Thank you for presenting a well thought out response. Most people throw logic right out the window when addressing these issues.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
gosh, when you are willing to kill over your religion what makes you different than the people who ran a couple of planes into the WTC over religion.

Answer: Nothing.

Originally posted by RRconservative

Tiller the baby killer shot dead. The pro-death advocates are going to have a field day going after "right-wing fundamentalists". I'm sure the label of terrorist is going to be thrown out merciously.

Can't say I am saddened or dissappointed by the news.

If you live violently you are more apt to die violently. Karma is real.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

You did however, take issue with my statement that late term abortions are not murder because they are sanctioned under law. I tried to explain the reason why they are legal, nothing more.

My pointing out that I had posted this before was only to clarify, it wasn't personal criticism of you. So you're getting a little defensive for what is simply a misunderstanding.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by WhatTheory

I just don't think it's okay to tell the mother (and sometimes father) that oops, birth control failed, oops, you were raped, oops, something awful happened and now you get to have this child that you probably cannot care for, who may end up harmed, or hungry, or who might be put into an abusive family, an overcrowded foster home, who may be born with a debilitating illness that will kill them in days or months or years, painfully.
[edit on 5/31/2009 by ravenshadow13]

Oops! Enjoy your supposed 1% rape.

en.wikipedia.org...

25.5% Want to postpone childbearing
21.3% Cannot afford a baby
14.1% Has relationship problem or partner does not want pregnancy
12.2% Too young; parent(s) or other(s) object to pregnancy
10.8% Having a child will disrupt education or job
7.9% Want no (more) children
3.3% Risk to fetal health
2.8% Risk to maternal health
2.1% Other

Of course this is wikipedia so.......

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

I'm sorry, but, if I ran the world...religion itself would be destroyed. There have been far more deaths perpetrated by Christianity and Christians than any other religion and all of the abortion clinics combined. This confusing religion creates fanatics, and as I can see it, if religion was eliminated, there would be far less war, torture, and confusion.

Christians are pro-life, but kill abortion doctors. Christians are pro-life, but support the death penalty. Christians are pro-life but murdered millions in the crusades. Christians are pro-life but used to practice witch hunts killing thousands of women. Christians are pro-life but are the first to rally for war. Christians are pro-life but supported the changes to the geneva conventions that protects against torture.

I'm sorry, but this religion is a breeding ground for the worlds worst terrorists. The Muslim religion being a close second. There are good and bad in all, however, Christianity still has the highest body count.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

There are nutjobs on both sides of every issue. In this case, a pro-life murderer killed a pro-abortion murderer. So they cancel each other out, yes? Unfortunately, the pro-abortion side has such a commanding lead at nearly 50 million gutted babies, the pro-life side can never hope to even the score.

— Doc Velocity

You do understand that the US in a nation of laws, right? Those laws are not based on my religious beliefs, nor yours, nor anyone else here on this message board.

It has been decided in the legal system that a woman has the right to chose whether she is going to carry the fetus/baby to full term. There are, of course, qualifiers to the laws based on viability, health, etc but the law is clear.

However you felt about the Doctor, he was not doing anything illegal and thus to call him a murderer is factually and demonstrably inaccurate. The idiot who murdered him will be tried and hopefully, will never see the light of day again.

He broke the law. Furthermore, for those of you who applaud this as being the work of God are hypocrites.

Thou shalt not kill.

Remember?

It didn't read, though shalt not kill except when someone has committed a crime. It doesn't even state, except when someone has committed a sin against God.

Simply, thou shalt not kill.

Hypocrites.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike73173

I'm sorry, but, if I ran the world...religion itself would be destroyed. There have been far more deaths perpetrated by Christianity and Christians than any other religion and all of the abortion clinics combined. This confusing religion creates fanatics, and as I can see it, if religion was eliminated, there would be far less war, torture, and confusion.

Christians are pro-life, but kill abortion doctors. Christians are pro-life, but support the death penalty. Christians are pro-life but murdered millions in the crusades. Christians are pro-life but used to practice witch hunts killing thousands of women. Christians are pro-life but are the first to rally for war. Christians are pro-life but supported the changes to the geneva conventions that protects against torture.

I'm sorry, but this religion is a breeding ground for the worlds worst terrorists. The Muslim religion being a close second. There are good and bad in all, however, Christianity still has the highest body count.

If you replaced the word Christians with the word Jews, I would swear to Obama that you took something from one of Hitler's hate speeches.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mike73173

I thought we were talking about abortion. If you want to continue your diatribe against Christians, perhaps you should start another thread for that...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

There have been far more deaths perpetrated by Christianity and Christians than any other religion and all of the abortion clinics combined.

Let's see a hardcopy on those numbers. You can't provide it. Because it doesn't exist. Umm. Pardon, but you're talking out of your ass.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The more we impose laws on one another, the less free will there is. If we continue to take away choices, eventually...there will be nothing left to choose.

And litigating against someone else's rights leads right into that tunnel.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OKCBtard

You can think what you will. The statistics speak for themselves. Christianity is the world's bloodiest religion...FACT.

And, I never stated that I would kill Christians. I said I would eliminate religion. And unfortunately, you chose to take it to lopsided levels that only a Christian would.

I barely have it inside of me to kill a mosquito. So, you can try to equate me to whatever extremist ideology that you choose. Whatever helps you sleep at night. But, the fact remains that this religion is hardly innocent of anything short of genocide.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Um Novacs...Christians are the only one's who support pro-life. In essence, the two topics go hand in hand.

If this offends you, I'm sorry. But in order to address one scenario, the other needs to be highlighted. Standard Operating Procedure.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
There are no choices available to the child being aborted.

I do not advocate killing abortion doctors nor violence against their clinics. I strongly support the mother's right to choose life. Most of the abortions that women close to me have undergone, have been strongly encouraged or demanded by their husbands or boyfriends. If a woman has already had an abortion, I always make sure that she knows that God loves her and wants to forgive her. I have found that most women have the most difficulty forgiving themselves after such a decision. God is always ready to forgive and welcome us back into His loving arms.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

reply to post by OKCBtard

You can think what you will. The statistics speak for themselves. Christianity is the world's bloodiest religion...FACT.

And, I never stated that I would kill Christians. I said I would eliminate religion. And unfortunately, you chose to take it to lopsided levels that only a Christian would.

I barely have it inside of me to kill a mosquito. So, you can try to equate me to whatever extremist ideology that you choose. Whatever helps you sleep at night. But, the fact remains that this religion is hardly innocent of anything short of genocide.

Wow at me being a christian. You sir, are poorly mistaken.

No one said that you wanted to kill christians.

There is no statistic in existence of all the atrocities committed by each religous group.

Hitler was a vegetarian. Your inability to kill a mosquito does not mean you would not harm or kill anything else.

And as far as religion being the main force behind genocide, that is the only smart thing you have posted in this thread.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by OKCBtard]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Wow. This thread has everything - murder, selfishness, judgment, misterminology, name-calling (my favorite), logic, intolerance, blame, justifications, excuses, misunderstandings, hard and fast parameters, disgust, understanding, and forty or so more emotions and other forms of judgmental terminology.

I think no one here would argue against terminating a severe medical abberation of spinal bifida, cranial or spinal underdevelopment, severe conjoined twins, or other rare medical cases where the life of the fetus and/or mother are in danger.

Some things are not meant to be.

But to use late term abortions as a form of birth control is generally an abominable practice.

If in the Spring I plant 40 bushels of seed corn, come Fall, I don't go to my field expecting to harvest wheat. Or soybeans.

I expect to harvest what I've planted.

And I don't expect to harvest 40 bushels of corn. I expect to harvest multiples of that which I've sown.

Be real careful what you sow. You'll get your return in kind. Just the laws of nature.

And you'll get back a whole lot more of the same thing.

You daily dip your hands in the blood of others, do not be surprised if another does the same to you.

Doesn't make it right. Doesn't make it entirely wrong.

Be careful what you sow.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join