It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea to be attacked; U.S. Nuclear first strike "likely" - Trustable info?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I should have prepared for this with fallout 3 but I was stupid and didnt buy it. Now what am i supposed to do once this chapter in human history comes to a close. I personally do not think this will happen because of certain test events on both sides that had outside problems...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit

Sources with acute knowledge of the plans for North Korea have confirmed to TRN that a US nuclear first strike is going to be launched.

I'd have to put my vote out there that this is "fan fiction". I don't know why there would be any plans for a nuclear strike by the US. It doesn't make a bit of sense and I would say this is a hopeful writing by someone who wants to see WWIII while they're still alive.

Why doesn't it make any sense? The U.S. was all about making a nuclear first strike on Iran last year because of their nuclear dreams. They don't even have a bomb yet. North Korea has tested TWO nuclear explosive devices, along with missiles that can reach destinations. So why wouldn't the U.S. consider striking North Korea before things get out of hand? They are more of a threat than Iran ever will be. The only reason the U.S. is pissed at Iran is because Israel says we should be. Ironically Israel is more a threat to us than Iran and North Korea combined.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I am definitely NOT promoting any kind of a first strike on North Korea, but consider this. What if we had reason to believe that North Korea was really going to strike South Korea? With 10,000 artillery pieces ready to fire on Seoul some estimates are that 200,000 people would be killed in the first hour. Since the US has basically agreed to defend South Korea from attack would we not try to stop this disaster before it happened? How do you go about destroying 10,000 entrenched artillery pieces before they can open fire? I can't think of many ways to do it other than with tactical nuclear weapons.

It is all well and good to say that President Obama would never launch a nuclear strike on North Korea - BUT - would he actually stand by and let 200,000 South Koreans be massacred?? I don't know but I certainly hope not.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CZBR51

I have no idea if this is true or not. However I do consider that the U.S. is the only country to ever drop atomic bombs on anything. Civilians be damned. The hell with innocents and children. eh? Nothing new here. In the last few days almost 100 civilians were killed in Afghanistan just so the U.S. could kill two Taliban fighters. No big deal. It's okay. It's Obama's war now, not the evil neo-con GW's war. Yep. I recall very well people screaming and crying that with GW in the president's seat that there could be a nuclear war. Heh. Okay. Now we have a Democrat president, of the same party that dropped the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Really, who is more likely to use a nuke, based on our limited use past?
Didn't JFK come close to "pressing the button"?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Woa woa woa! U.S are going to nuke N Korea? Isn't Russia and China a ally? Do Russia and China not care about N Korea? So the U.S is allowed to nuke a country just because of some weapon tests and pathetic threats to S Korea? This will not end well.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The only way this could ever happen is if NK came out and said they had nukes aimed at SK and Japan and would launch if their demands (whatever they may be) weren't met. And, hey, that might happen I guess - if they got desperate enough and felt they had nothing to lose. So of course the US has drawn up first strike plans - like it has with any other country it thinks is a threat. But that's all it is - a contingency plan, nothing else. The US is absolutely not going to nuke NK unless they feel SK or Japan are in imminent danger - and that isn't the case. Yet.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Well, it isn't something I would expect "anti-nuke Obama" to do, there is this
little bit of information that makes me go hmmmm......

Sources close to MiNa claim the US Army has moved their alert level to Defcon 2. This was initiated by the alarming situation in North Korea. The US Army has over 35,000 troops stationed in South Korea, well within reach of North Korean convential weapons.

macedoniaonline.eu...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
this sure sounds like o'bama's "test" to me

which is bad because I seem to remember biden or someone saying, "it won't appear we are right at first."

Nuclear first strike sure wouldn't appear right. not at all.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone posted this, but I went to the turner blogspot (that racist filth-bag of a puke) and took this excerpt

"In consultations with China, the U.S. Ambassador to Beijing was said to be stunned when he was told by the Chinese government "Kim Jung Il is out of control and dangerous. He has become a serious liability for China. Do what must be done, but please do it in a manner that minimizes risk to China."

and put it into google and got one hit, this one

forum.hegnar.no...

So, yeah, Turner plagiarizes, no source needed because Turner has no ethos to begin with.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
NK has been posturing for decades. My father was in the Korean War, and I was defending SK for a year. Personally, I think it's just more posturing. The leadership is better at provocation than providing for their people. A country that spends this much money on nuclear weapons, considering they have nothing anyone wants and don't need to protect it, is doing it to get attention. The reason they want the attention is because they need the aid from other nations to solve their problems with starvation and unification. Even if we were to recognize NK and favor them, their attitude would remain solidly on regaining SK and making it communist. SK is so far from being communist it's funny. Over 80% of the people in SK are Christians, mostly Baptists. It's a progressive and conservative country, and the students have long been active in human rights.

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on their poker hand. They go for the flamboyance and notoriety. If the leaders can thumb their noses at the US, it gives them more accolade. It's an internal game.

Don't hold your breath waiting for the US to use nuclear weapons. We have nothing to gain by irradiating NK. SK would have to clean up our mess, and the world would question our sanity----saying one thing and doing another. Nuclear weapons will always be used as a last resort by our nation. We are a nation of peace and safety. We love children, animals, other nations. We just want to have peaceful international relations and trade. Even if they shoot first, we will intercept the bombs and destroy them. You can believe that we have been ready for this for a long time. Japan and SK depend on our defense systems. We won't let them down.

There are other weapons to be used that are effective without using nuclear weapons. Biological warfare would be much easier and less expensive.

Don't believe Turner for a minute. He's seeking attention like NK. If anything, the US military will step up preparedness and wait to see what NK will do next. We should know within two weeks if there is any development.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaydie
Well, it isn't something I would expect "anti-nuke Obama" to do, there is this
little bit of information that makes me go hmmmm......

Sources close to MiNa claim the US Army has moved their alert level to Defcon 2. This was initiated by the alarming situation in North Korea. The US Army has over 35,000 troops stationed in South Korea, well within reach of North Korean convential weapons.

macedoniaonline.eu...

If they've really gone to DEFCON 2 then this is very serious. The Cuban Missile Crises was DEFCON 2.......Sept 11th was only DEFCON 3. Looks like NK are getting the attention they wanted.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Wait until Friday for a Policy announcement to be dropped on the Distracted Weekend Loving World. The US wont do anything until the Stars are aligned, ie the phase of the moon is set to the darkest hours of the month. We are exiting that phase now, so It may be a month before anything happens.

This is all a distraction imo. Something isnt settling right here. Russia and Iran in the Gulf..Venezuela and Cuba...China is silent. Hrmm, power play for a bloodless takeover of Taiwan Maybe.

Obama wont use nukes. Remember, he wants only the Bad Guys to have them.

This also may be a power play to take more rights away from You! Watch what the Media is not reporting. What they drop on you during the weekends.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Purely speculation and unfunded rumours.

China would have to give agreement, not Russia.

According to the article, both China and Russia have already been consulted. Here's a quote regarding China from the article.

In consultations with China, the U.S. Ambassador to Beijing was said to be stunned when he was told by the Chinese government "Kim Jung Il is out of control and dangerous. He has become a serious liability for China. Do what must be done, but please do it in a manner that minimizes risk to China."

As this quote reads, it was actually China that wants this over and done with.

It was also stated in that article that B-2's have been moved forward to Guam. No mention was made regarding payload.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

forum.hegnar.no...

So, yeah, Turner plagiarizes, no source needed because Turner has no ethos to begin with.

Actually, your link is nothing more than Turner's article. Notice the (TRN) at the beginning of the article. That TRN stands for Turner Radio Network. There is no plagiarism here by Turner.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009
North Korea to be attacked;
U.S. Nuclear first strike "likely"

Washington, DC (TRN) -- North Korea yesterday withdrew from the Armistice that halted the Korean War. Today, official Washington is abuzz with not so secret "Top Secret" plans for the United States to make a limited nuclear first strike to wipe out the North Korean threat in one fell swoop.

I'm not going to defend Turner one way or another. This isn't about him at all. It's about the Armistice being over. North Korea did that all on their own. The Korean War is back on. The Armistice was only a "delay of game". As of the 26th of May, the United States is once again legally at war with North Korea. If Turner has information of this magnitude, it stands to reason that the MSM wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole until it's over with.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I have to find it, but back in the 90's Clinton signed a "Law" if you will, saying that we wont Nuke unless they do it first, same thing with Chemical Weapons. Only then can we use that. If we did nuke them, it was cause a huge F-ING mess on a Political scale for us. Its a last resort thing if they really kick the crap out of S.Korea and the forces we have there now. I doubt that President Obama would ever do it. If he did, well hes got really big balls. And me being in the Military, well yea we wouldnt mind bringing out ourr biggest toy to play with if they want. All in all it would be cool, but the fallout and other problems that it would cause would be great. We would get B!tched out alot by the world.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

I looked around and found one other source.
www.chinadaily.com.cn...

But they describe the type of alert differently. So, it may not be quite as serious as thought. Apparently there are 2 different kind of alerts.
Sorry if I caused any panic.

According to the ROK defense spokesman Won Tae-jae, the Combined Forces raised the Watchcon system, the process of changing the reconnaissance posture for strategic and tactical warning of attack, at local time 07:15 Thursday (2215 GMT Wednesday) from Level 3 to Level 2. The second level of the five-stage system marks "vital indications of threat," under which the ROK and US forces are to step up their intelligence-collection activities. Meanwhile, the five-stage alerting procedure, "Defcon," remains at four, the official said.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule
I am definitely NOT promoting any kind of a first strike on North Korea, but consider this. What if we had reason to believe that North Korea was really going to strike South Korea? With 10,000 artillery pieces ready to fire on Seoul some estimates are that 200,000 people would be killed in the first hour. Since the US has basically agreed to defend South Korea from attack would we not try to stop this disaster before it happened? How do you go about destroying 10,000 entrenched artillery pieces before they can open fire? I can't think of many ways to do it other than with tactical nuclear weapons.

It is all well and good to say that President Obama would never launch a nuclear strike on North Korea - BUT - would he actually stand by and let 200,000 South Koreans be massacred?? I don't know but I certainly hope not.

Thank goodness someone knows their facts. Star for you.

I'm sick and tired of reading about people saying 'oh, just use the airforce and take out the NK targets'.

IT CAN'T BE DONE! Not without the loss of anywhere between 100,000 and 10,000,000 civilian casualties in Seoul.

NK has over 10,000 artillery pieces aimed at Seoul as we speak. They would raze the city entirely within half a day, if it even took that long. You can't find and destroy that many guns with the limited air forces in the area.

Even the entire US and Japanese air forces combined would not be able to locate every gun in time to save the lives of those fleeing in the South.

I don't advocate the use of a pre-emptive strike against NK. I don't want to see any type of strike.

I'm just saying that conventional military tactics would end up killing more civilians in a day than in the entire Iraq war.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Also something to consider, let's not forget that the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi is currently in China (until 31 May). This certainly is a coincidence if it is one. I'm not sure how all of this plays into what North Korea is doing, but she's #3 in the chain of command of the US government. If we knew North Korea was going to do the nuke test for some time and somehow knew that they were going to pull out of the armistice, then making sure we have someone high ranking in China during the next steps could prove a wise move.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
FYI The US and SK are not in Defcon2. The current posture is still at Defcon4. The change in posture only affected Watchcon. They are now in Watchcon2 which only affects intell. BIG BIG BIG difference between the two.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by KingPen

Yes, I just posted that info above.

I should have checked for another source before I made the original
post.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join