It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea to be attacked; U.S. Nuclear first strike "likely" - Trustable info?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CZBR51

Russia has been alerted to "make plans" for radiation fallout in its eastern border area......

I cannot see Russia standing for that one. Is it possible they would use it as an excuse of some kind?

Look if this happened, if the states did bomb somewhere then the rest of the world would be on alert. The states are the only country to ever use one of these things in actual combat, if they used it again then it would show a worrying record of willingness to use these weapons.

On the other hand maybe Russia want that, maybe they want to be able to point the finger at the USA. The Russians do have long memories.

I can't see it happening. I don't want to see it happening.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hal Turner is a bigoted $%@$!. Not only that but I especially LOVE this:

"Speaking on condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to speak to the media, the the high ranking state department source told Turner Radio Network (TRN) (TRN)"

Because, of course high ranking state department sources would tell Hal Turner and not Fox or MSNBC about this. Obviously, he'd find out first. Wouldn't he be considered a potential domestic terrorist now-a-days as he has extremely strong views on politics, race, and religion?

I don't know if he's a terrorist but he's definitely a douchebag.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
though I do think it would be incredibly stupid for the US to attack with nukes, I feel torn. There is a possibly that the article is fake/BS/propaganda, but there is the possibility that it isn't. The sad thing is is that we really do not now.

But I can say one thing boldly and that is that I believe without a doubt that the idea of a possible nuclear first strike by the US is something lurking in the back of some, if not every US governmental official.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
yeah I don't believe it either. too bad though, if we nuked them, maybe all those other rogue countries might believe us. also I'm tired of this little cult of personality KJI is running over there. and, yes, I am one of those people that want to see WWIII happen

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I think America hasn't a clue what they are doing one day to the next...

America just blunder their way through everything..

what America does about what ever is happening in the world is anyones guess..

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I don't believe this for a minute. If ole BO approves this people better check his sanity. Does anyone think for a moment that china's let that happen right on their door step? People were worried about President Bush being trigger happy, Bo does this he's gonna get us right into WW3.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
come on gang, think. We have tactical nuke scenarios for just about any country and any situation. For those that are flying off the handle what do y'all think those guys in the Pentagon do all day? No need to get your panties in a wad over over this imo.

For the poster worried about "1/3 of a million US troops in the ROK taking iodine pills" try again. In the 90's when I was stationed there we had approximately 52,000 active duty soldiers in South Korea. Recent agreements are supposed to bring that number much closer to 28000 and change. see www.state.gov...

If Japan is going to take a tactical nuke from the Norks, what do you honestly think will happen? Most of the crap posted here is pure fantasy, worst-case scenarios, and undue pants pissing.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterRegal
Listen, I don't care what anyone on this forum says, the United States will NOT attack North Korea with nuclear weapons in a first strike. The US has sufficient conventional weapons to neutralize North Korea's military capability. This is not to underestimate North Korea's capabilities. Their capabilities are bound by quantity, not quality, and North Korea does not have quality. Yes, their weapons can cause thousands of casualties, but nuclear weapons, even small ones, is not needed in a first strike.

Yep, do an Israeli airforce style swoop in by a few aircraft. Flatten the targets that need flattening.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by model B
come on gang, think. We have tactical nuke scenarios for just about any country and any situation. For those that are flying off the handle what do y'all think those guys in the Pentagon do all day? No need to get your panties in a wad over over this imo.

For the poster worried about "1/3 of a million US troops in the ROK taking iodine pills" try again. In the 90's when I was stationed there we had approximately 52,000 active duty soldiers in South Korea. Recent agreements are supposed to bring that number much closer to 28000 and change. see www.state.gov...

If Japan is going to take a tactical nuke from the Norks, what do you honestly think will happen? Most of the crap posted here is pure fantasy, worst-case scenarios, and undue pants pissing.

Finally someone here who speaks reason, to think some kind of New Korean War is going to break out soon is absolutely crazy. Its just not gonna happen.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
why do Americans think that the president is making the decisions in what actions they might take towards North Korea.

The Prisident is just the Puppet. (Just the speaker)

All the stupid people need a leader figure to follow.( keeps control over the majority)
What ever America decides to do? The decision wasnt made by Obama.

When the very rich have any threat to losing money, it is only then Action is taken.. Alll the stuff that happens in the word is just for show?( keeps us occupied in the head)
If America really cared? North Korea would not be where they are at now?
Go Figure.

The earth belongs to us all. We are all equals, we all need the three main things just to live.
People put so much power in the hands of one person, that is the whole problem with the world today.

i'm starting to go off track with this..

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CZBR51

I would certainly say that Kim Jong Ill is pretty ill in the cavesa~ to think that the world won't take his sorry arce out for being stupid.

If we were to attack, it would signal the begining of WW3. Iran would take advantage of us and strike us in Iraq and Russia and China may chime in on that attack since they have agreements of support already in place.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
NK air defenses are 50 times what we have gone up against in over 2 decades - "swooping" in and taking out their military would not be nearly as easy as you think. Attacking NK with our military weakened the way it currently is - would present an incredibly complicated problem. Especially considering that they (NK) will absolutely have time to retaliate into the South while were organizing our second waves. There will be no way to prevent a major, major South Korean attack.

I don't believe the report for a second - but if you think were actually capable of taking out a fairly significant military power than you should be seriously asking yourself why we've take so much time in Iraq.

I'm not condoning a nuclear attack by any means, in fact I'm 100% against it - but if they are considering any attack at all, nuclear options will most definitely considered with a defense force that is stretched as thin as ours is now.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by slicely]

[edit on 27-5-2009 by slicely]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I know everyone has talked about this but I feel I have to throw in my 2 cents. Obama is disarming America of its nukes. The US will not strike first on anything!!! Obama is not Bush, he plays it cool and mellow. When everyone is throwing nukes we'll just sit back and say "Peace man!" Then we'll all hop in our government issued green cars and go to work installing solar panels.

Don't expect security with this administration, they have no history of standing up for America period. I'm not saying Bush was better I'm just saying what we have now is Mr. Hollywood not Captain America - don't hold your breath.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Ok guys heres my two cents,

First of all to respond directly to the topic, the US will not launch a nuclear attack on NK. There all multiple reasons as to why, with the strongest reason being that China will objective completely and possibly seek to retaliate. This is not because of their "friendship" with NK but because of possible fall out affecting Chinese citizens. Another reason is due to fall out in South Korea. Annually, around this time of the year, the ROK experiences a natural weather condition referred to as "Yellow Dust". Which involves the "wind conditions" carrying dust storms from China all the way across the Korean Peninsula. (en.wikipedia.org...) This is general not pleasant. Now consider for a moment if nuclear fallout, which shares a common density, were to travel at the same rate as this "Yellow Dust"....Not a pretty scenario for Koreans, nor for the US troops stationed in Korea.

The further complication is that NK has spent the past 50 or so years aiming missiles and scuds at Seoul. They have done this uninterrupted and I am sure they've come up with some pretty clever hiding spots. There are in the ballpark of 10,000 scuds on standby to level Seoul. (Just for info, it would take about 3 minutes for a standard missile to leave the North and land in Seoul.) Again, not a pretty scenario. The US is fully aware of this and has patriot bases setup to intercept as many as possible, but you know the old saying, "It only takes one scud missile in your bedroom to really ruin your day."

Further more, it is well known and generally accepted that the North Koreans possess and will use biological and chemical weapons. Again, not a pretty scenario.

Alot of folks think the North is relatively lo-tech and that they cannot hold their own. Well they certainly have enough tech to fight, atleast for a long enough time to wipe out a bunch of folks. Either way, there would be MASSIVE civilians casualties regardless of what transpires.

Now, I believe that the only effective strategy is to test the North's limits and pester them militarily, but do so without direct combat. Stop every North Korean ship in international waters for "inspections". Disallow NK representatives from entering any member countries. Essentially, push the North into firing first, and preferably force them into firing on Chinese infantry (but thats a long shot). It doesn't have to be a missile launch or anything like that, just one trigger happy "NK" soldier (Doesn't have to be NK, so long as it appears like its NK). At this point the international community should be in full support of turning South Korea into an island.

Anyway, thats just my two cents.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

I agree with you on that one i would like to see WW3 im very pessimistic, i just cant see why others dont want us to nuke the north, we need to or they will do something that everyone will be ohh @!$@, well that didnt go as planned it looks like we should have done something.NK deserves and needs to be destroyed

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Quick update from the Turner Radio site.

The United States has begun deploying B-2 Stealth Bombers from the mainland USA to Andersen Air Force Base in Guam. This would put the nuclear-armed bombers well within striking distance of North Korea.

The photo below was taken today at Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri, home to the B-2 fleet as two B-2's taxi to the main runway for takeoff.

More details as they become available. . . . . .

19:33 Hrs -- CORRECTION: Article corrected to read "Andersen Air Force Base in Guam" as opposed to inaccurate earlier report of a base on Diego Garcia.

Source: turnerradionetwork.blogspot.com...

EDIT: You guys weren't kidding about this guy. After listening to his show for 2 minutes he obviously is an extremist and racist and isn't afraid to hide it.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Sevrens83]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
THIS IS SUCH B.S How did it even make it to the front page.... Its like hearing it from the Alex Jones show..... Pull it !

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
When will people stop listening to Hal Turner? The man is insane and will say or do just about anything for some attention. His blog is about as reliable a news source as Weekly World News.

The U.S. would never take the risk of radiation fallout in Russia or China. Way too much of a hazard considering our dodgy foreign relations with those two countries. North Korea isn't enough of a threat to risk that.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This is garbage! For America to do this as a "first strike" and not as a defense measure would be America's suicide. The international community would abandon us and sanction us, not to mention that in our weakened state, it would offer a myriad of other countries a reason to storm us and create alliances against us and literally wipe us off the face of the earth as a nation. This would be the nail in our coffin. No way will this happen. Even evil people running our country from within still want to live.They might not like you and I, but they still want to live.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Just a note on Hal Turner's story...

On the website where this story appears (turnerradionetwork.blogspot), there is a picture, supposedly of Whiteman AFB, MO. and supposedly taken today (27 May). It shows a B-2 bomber on the taxi apron with a clear blue sky in the background.

According to a number of sources, the weather at Whiteman AFB today was partly sunny at best, with intermittent drizzle and fog.

Now, it isn't a foregone conclusion that there wasn't a period of crystal clear blue skies today but it does lend an element of doubt to someone that comes preloaded with it from the factory.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by redoubt]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join