It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Jesus and all Religions are False

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The Bible specifically warns of the mystery religions, mankind and Angels alike knew exactly about the Christ and Messiah figure that was to come along with over 300 prophecies about Christ in the Old Testament. Since the start of creation many counterfeits have been made along the way up till Jesus did what he had to do. So you want convince the hardcore Christians that all this information is untrue when there is scripture of warning and development of displaced versions of the faith.

Did you know your own blood cells however small they are in comparison to your body it still holds all the DNA that makes you who you are? Same significance when sizing up space, only proves God is infinite does not mean scale is needed to prove anything about us being insignificant in comparison of his works. God had plans until they got ruined, so we don't get to play in the playground of space either.

Within the creation of space there is a celestial story depicting the redeemer of the earth. The early humans knew this as well and the fallen Angels who tempted women into making the next Christ to save their feathers, many fallen Angels tried to replicate themselves in the story of Christ before God destroyed them in the flood, it would have meant the end of mankind and no Christ's pure human bloodline.

Even the secret knowledge of the constellations, signs in the sky during religious events and alignments all tell a story in symbolic form like the clogs of a clock ticking at the right time.

Of course the horoscopes were conceived from this and likewise the Egyptians and many other pyramid societies used this knowledge for their own gain.

www.novareinna.com...

A ram (Aries) appears, depicting the reign of Jesus who will soon return, heralding the triumph of the Church over Satan. In the guise of a bull (Taurus), Christ will return to lead the charge and "gore" the evil before setting up his rule on earth. Gemini the Twins presents a picture of the newly-acquired dual role of the savior: the suffering servant and the righteous judge. A crab (Cancer) depicts a place of safety for those believers who will escape the Day of Judgment. In the form of a lion (Leo) will the victory of Christ be complete and the defeated Satan cast down. Thus in glorious triumph, does Leo step upon the head of Hydra the Serpent.
Text

The Incarnate Son (Virgo - Virgin)...Isaiah 7:14
The Redeemer (Libra - Scales)...1 Corinthians 6:20
The Sufferer (Scorpio - Scorpion)...1 Corinthians 15:55-56
The Conqueror (Sagittarius - Archer)...Revelations 6:2
The Sacrifice (Capricorn - Goat)...Romans 3:25
The Living Water (Aquarius - Water-Bearer)...John 7:38
The Liberator (Pisces - Fishes)...Genesis 48:19; Mark 1:17
The Crowned Lamb (Aries - Ram)...Revelations 5:6
The Judge (Taurus - Bull)...John 5:22
The King (Gemini - Twins)...Romans 1:3
The Protector (Cancer - Crab)...Isaiah 4:5-6
The Victor (Leo - Lion)...Revelations 5:5
Text

Many mystery religions occured at ancient times here is one example that explains better than I.

Babel and its tower is the mother of all false religions. The tower was erected for the practice of astrology and to worship the sun. According to ancient writings, Semiramis was the wife of Nimrod. She became the high priestess of the Babylonian religion and was called the Queen of Heaven." As the ancient legend says, Nimrod died and became the sun god. His wife Semiramis was impregnated by a sunbeam and gives birth to her son Tammuz (a counterfeit miraculous birth). Later Tammuz is killed by a wild boar. However, after Semiramis cries for 40 days, Tammuz comes back to life again, which is a counterfeit of the resurrection. In fact, this is the origin of a counterfeit religious system that revolves around the worship of a mother and child. In fact, during the Babylonian captivity Jeremiah the prophet Israel’s worship of Semiramis "Queen of Heaven." (Jeremiah 7:18-19; 44:15-30). In fact, at Jerusalem, in the Temple, they were worshipping Tammuz, the son of Semiramis (Ezekiel 8:14-15). This diabolical worship spread across the world. In Egypt Semarimis is called Isis and her son is Osiris. In Assyria it was Ishtar and Bacchus. In Asia it was Cybele and Deoius. In ancient Greece it was Aphrodite and Eros and in ancient Rome it was Venus and Cupit. The names and places of mother-child worship change from country to country down though the ages. It permeates Roman Catholicism. But know this, from Babylon has emerged all the false religions of history. We should not be surprised when Babylon is called "…BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH." Revelation 17:5

Text

From a Christian perspective these other religions that sounded familiar to the saviour figure was something already known and has been counterfeited many times, don't forget even today's Jews don't believe in Christ of 2000 years ago they are still waiting for the first comming. But if any Messiah needed some form of historical evidence and history over another then Christ is that story.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by The time lord]

[edit on 24-5-2009 by The time lord]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I apologize. I read the "Part Two" post just now....

I want to address:

Buddha was born of the virgin Maya, who was considered the "Queen of Heaven."
He was of royal descent.
He crushed a serpent's head.
He performed miracles and wonders, healed the sick, fed 500 men from a "small basket of cakes," and walked on water.
He abolished idolatry, was a "sower of the word," and preached "the establishment of a kingdom of righteousness."
He taught chastity, temperance, tolerance, compassion, love, and the equality of all.
He was transfigured on a mount.
Sakya Buddha was crucified in a sin-atonement, suffered for three days in hell, and was resurrected.
He ascended to Nirvana or "heaven."
Buddha was considered the "Good Shepherd", the "Carpenter", the "Infinite and Everlasting."
He was called the "Savior of the World" and the "Light of the World”

I cannot express how sad it is to see the above fiction. Gautamas birth was nothing like a virgin birth. He did not perform "miracles". And "nirvana" is not a place, but rather a state of existence/state of " mind".

Your source lampoons itself with conclusions drawn from such a state of ignorance. Perhaps you would be more successful if you quit looking for shortcuts and study matters of faith on your own? Yes, it will take several years...but is a small price to pay to alleviate you of your ignorance.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Neon Haze

I sincerely hope readers of this post will devote the necessary time and effort to do their own research on religions. In addition, I hope those who do won't allow denial to win out over the hurt they will likely feel.

Man created religion and every religion is essentially a set of rules for man to live by backed by the fear of GOD. Very cleverly written with agendas far from simply teaching right from wrong, "bible" stories are easily absorbed and accepted without question by the young and by lost souls desperately seeking something to believe in. Some of the underlying messages in these stories have been used to create hatred and ridicule and even advocate murder but people don't like examining such. To make sure these stories are not forgotten, religions are constantly reinforcing them in church, religious school, newspaper and other print media as well on television and radio.

I believe in GOD because I have personally witnessed miracles. Some may call these miracles luck or coincidence which is OK but I'm a rational person and I know the difference. Believing in GOD is one thing but I refuse to attach myself to a bible. I pray but I refuse to pay money to do it in a so called church; a church can be anywere you happen to be. Do you really think GOD cares where you pray? If you disagree ask your church where "donated" money goes! Also, ask how much money your church has donated to political efforts and lobbyists. Legally, they are required to maintain these records so do not take "no" for an answer if you want the truth. One more thing, let's not forget the money the churches have paid out to hide and protect the child molesting priests over the years and how they were simply transferred to new venues just to find a new set of victims. There's religion.

GOD, good and evil are real but religion is a fake. What at best started as a device to keep man civil and to promote order over chaos, religion has more often been used to divide people, as a foundation for hatred, as a reason to start wars and to turn people into murderers. The GOD I know is about love not hate and would not approve of what man has done in his name, I am certain.

Do not disregard the original post. If you doubt its credibility, don't attack with emotions, research the information yourself so you can know the truth first hand. Don't rely on your priest or preacher, etc. to give you the truth; discover it on your own. You may feel betrayed at first, that's normal, but in the end knowing the truth will make you a stronger, better person.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Your source lampoons itself with conclusions drawn from such a state of ignorance. Perhaps you would be more successful if you quit looking for shortcuts and study matters of faith on your own? Yes, it will take several years...but is a small price to pay to alleviate you of your ignorance.

Hear hear.

Those "parallels" twist and distort the true significance of almost every element therein to make it all "fit" somehow.

I'm sure the guy who came up with it thought he was very clever and that he had effectively "debunked" Christianity, but it is far from honest or objective.

...and I'm not even a deist!

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Roark]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
There is one very obvious thing that gets over looked in these types of discussions (arguments). As a christian I never saw it, now I do.

If there is a one and only God Person that gave us some book as his word, these discussions should NEVER happen!!!!

Arguments of who's holy book is right should never happen because it would be very obvious which one is.

Arguments between versions of a religious genre should never happen, because we all should be able to read the scripture of said holy book and ALL should come to the same conclusion.

If there is a God Person that loves us SO MUCH, why did this entity not give us its word in a manner that ALL no mater where they live, what language they speak, what station in life, what age, sex, etc. could see it equally with all others? Why did it not insure that it couldn't be bastardized by mistranslation, language differences, and pure and simple human error? And when I choose the wrong genre and version I die forever or go to hell? What a jerk!

All the answers I used to spew and parrot and believe to those questions I can no longer stomach. A god person that cruel is not deserving of my worship. If you faithful, what ever genre or version you are, is correct and the rest are wrong, then I will be punished for my sin and not the two idiots that I didn't have any control over (adam and eve). I will be dead forever and won't care or burn in hell with all my friends!!!

Being faithful to a religion no longer makes sense to me. So far my reading/watch list on page 5 is the only things that I have ever read that actually are making sense. But that is just me and maybe I will burn in hell..............

Argue on!!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

Draconian, God didn't create religion, man did. Refuting religion does nothing to refute God himself.

Whatever comfortable world you think we all live in (aren't you living in one yourself?) has nothing to do with fragile beliefs in Man's religion, rather a belief in what we see, feel and witness in our individual lives.

This thread is about Theology, the study of religion. But validation of one religion or another, has NOTHING to do with validation of the existence of God.

The OP made a mistake in grouping the existence of God, with the validity of religion.

OP removed his original post of regurgitated Zeitgeist nonsense, so all of those people who jumped on the band wagon to feel the warm and fuzzies about their non beliefs can go back in their caves to await another harbinger.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme

Might I ask where you got these facts from? Is something does not exist I am confused as to where facts could come from.

Sure, try using your computer and a search engine and you will find the facts that’s prove religion is nothing but a fallacy.

So you have found a place on the internet that can make facts from non-existence?

Facts have to come from somewhere my friend and from nothing comes nothing. So please do tell how you got facts from non-existence.

You are repeating yourself, do your homework before you make a fool out of yourself.

Again I will say it since you cannot seem to address the question. You know of a way to gather facts for non-existence?

You mean you actually found supporting evidence of non-existence.

This is the third time you have repeated yourself (of non-existence) now all you are doing is ranting.

And yet again. You actually found facts supporting non-existence?

My friend you need to submit that to the board for a Nobel prize, you are the first person in the history of mankind to be able to provide evidence of something that doesn't exist.

Wrong! And save your lame snide remarks they are not warrant on this thread!

So you have found a way to prove non-existence. Are you just keeping it secrete so you can claim ownership to being able to preform the impossible?

And you think people who believe in God is living in fantasy land?

All you have done is completely avoid the question, which is rather simple to ask; however, as you have demonstrated so well, impossible to answer.

How do you prove non-existence? Where do you get facts to support non-existence?

I didn't think you could answer those questions, but thanks for trying.

[edit on 5/24/2009 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Seems to me that everything is essentially false, but still gets us to where we need to go for the time it was believed in / practiced. This goes pretty much for religions, spiritual movements, and even science. In time, everything we hold so dear to now will also be considered backward, and the cycles continue.

I can't knock Jesus though and other masters. After all, having time itself named after you is pretty unbeatable just by itself.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
So much information on this page alone, I doubt people are interested in what I know when trying to explain all the confusion. There is something more sinister at work than imagined before, I think and it has been suggested that Satan uses some time travelling with his Cerub's wheel to create these mystery religions, as he loops the heavenly realms of Zero time to contaminate our linear time. But it won't effect Christ and his followers and is a limited effect through history untill the beginning and end start or merge together. I could be wrong but it would make sense to mystery religions plot.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42
reply to post by wonderworld

Then why do you believe if not for fear of what would possibly happen if you didn't? I am curious because you said the price would be too great to pay...if that is not fear than I don't know what is.

I believe because he has worked miracles in my life, I also like the rush of asking for the Holy Spirt to enter my soul. It's not an emotion it's 100 times more powerful than that. No one would understand it unless they were a believer. Yes if I denounced God I would also pay a price. I simply wouldnt do it. Not out of fear but respect and honor.

The second reason I believe is I took lots of Chemistry and Biology classes, including Anatomy in College. Life is too complex to happen by chance.

At the end of each course I learned that my Professors all agreed that if there is a creation there is definitely a Creator.

I won’t push my beliefs on you I simply wanted to show both sides of the discussion.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by manbird12000

Secondly, you give us no reason to believe anything other than the fact that you do not believe in God at all, and your reasons have all to do with what PEOPLE have done to you in your life and to others.

Oh boy! You are so far from the truth, my reason have absolutely nothing to do with what people have done to me, so stop assuming!

I have “NEVER” said that I do not believe in God, however, YOU have made that assertion. I have never said what my beliefs were. The only statement I have made was I am not a christen any longer. As far as disproving God existents, I do not believe humans will ever disprove that. I do “believe in God” and the reason I do is because, I have seen miracles in my life that science will never be able to explain. Two surgeons have told me that I should have died, that my illness was very bad. I lost the use of my kidneys, liver, and my lungs I had gotten C. diff colitis it was a new deadly strain and my whole body went toxics, I had to have major surgery, my family was told that I would not make it and to prepare for the worst. I was put in a medical comma for three weeks, but to everyone amassment I pull through. It was a miracle and everyone who knows about my situation will agree to that.

That is an excuse and you up the anty by insinuating that people who believe in a God are fools.

What does that make you, to the none believers eh? You have no problem throwing out your insults against people who do not believe in your religion or beliefs, mighty funny the pot calling the kettle black eh!

Even though your supporting arguments are Christian based. Worshiping of all religions have resulted in Evils and corruption of man over the ages, so you deny God himself because of it

I never denied God that was your assumption.

I could care less what you believe in,

Then why do you continue to post to me eh!

but all your years wasting time debunking Christianity has done nothing to refute the existence of God himself. Something the OP says his formulas and "research" has successfully done.

Again, I have never denied God; you are the one that keep assuming what my beliefs are. I have not discuss what I believe in, so stop being so pretentious.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by impressme]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Alot of good points, but we have to understand the bible was composed over 300 yrs after the death of christ. There is no real reason to believe Jesus was born of a virgin and all this when there is no real historical proof. I personaly believe that Jesus existed and was born of a virgin and did miracles by G-ds power .. but not the Jesus we learn in modern day teachings i believe in Jesus the way the Quran teaches us about him. Im not close minded to other opinions believe me, but the Quran seems to me like an everlasting miracle for the ppl who want to see miracles .. if you dont believe dont take my word for it I dont want u 2 lol i want u to read it on ur own and find out. If we destroyed all the 3 main books [torah, bible, quran, i hope not] and didnt leave a trace of them on earth people would be able to rewrite the quran word for word letter for letter cuz over a million ppl memorize it by heart it just seems amazing to me. I dont want to argue with others and compare religions and all that just giving my opinion to you all

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I apologize. I read the "Part Two" post just now....

I want to address:

Buddha was born of the virgin Maya, who was considered the "Queen of Heaven."
He was of royal descent.
He crushed a serpent's head.
He performed miracles and wonders, healed the sick, fed 500 men from a "small basket of cakes," and walked on water.

I cannot express how sad it is to see the above fiction. Gautamas birth was nothing like a virgin birth. He did not perform "miracles". And "nirvana" is not a place, but rather a state of existence/state of " mind".

A number of us have pointed this out by now. It's frustrating to have this myth have so much appeal when the truth is far more fascinating than the fiction that's presented.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It is interesting how all those stories are related.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Am I missing something, because I just tuned in and the OP only has one page supporting his argument which doesn't seem too significant. What were his other examples?

Also, just more trickery to deceive others out of receiving love from Christ. Too many people are getting religion and relationship with Jesus Christ mixed up...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Just like alot of people on ATS i follow no religion, But my question is simple....Whats with all the hatred towards christains alone? Why is it that I only see hatred directed only towards christains and not towards a different religion?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country
"Too many people are getting religion and relationship with Jesus Christ mixed up"

No their not!

Fact remains, regardless of the buddah argument going on up above, is that the creation story, messiah story & ten comandments are a reaccuring theme throughout ancient history. This argument has nothing to do with a relationship with anyone.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
There is no "proof" for anything, there is only "evidence." If you think about it, there is "sufficient" evidence to argue for my last statement.

Nowadays, it seems to me that some people have time for god and some don't. People in China do not have time for God, they work 10-12 hrs/day for 6 days/week. More and more people in these "industrializing" nations are moving to factories to work while those who don't have time for God.

The 40 hr week in American and 35hr week in France allow people from those nations to go to church and participate in church activities.

I think belief in God really depends on your schedule: you take care of your family and yourself before going to God. But of course, there are people who deviate from practicality.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
What happened to the original post??

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I read the OP earlier today and some of the sources giving parallels to the story of Jesus were not fact. People are talking about the Buddha reference but the Horus reference was also a little off with some of the claims.

Arguing about religion is a messy thing there really are no facts that can debunk or prove the existence of figures in the bible and other religions.

One of the more controversial theories -- sometimes called the "copycat thesis" -- suggests that many of the miracles, other life events, and beliefs about the supernatural status of Horus, an ancient Egyptian God, were incorporated into stories about Jesus as recorded in Gospels and other books in the Christian Scriptures (New Testament).

The copycat thesis is strongly rejected by the vast majority of Christians but accepted by many skeptics.

Most conservative Christians look upon the Bible as a "top-down" document: one revealed by God to humans. Since fraud, deceit, and lying are not attributes normally associated with God, they believe that the Bible -- as God's Word -- is truthful and accurate.

Many skeptics view the Bible as a "bottom-up" document: one written by human authors to promote their religious and spiritual beliefs. Such authors are quite capable of adopting religious concepts of other cultures and incorporating them into their literary works.

On this topic, we are faced with a stalemate. Skeptical commentators claim that there are many parallels between the lives of Horus and Jesus; Christian commentators tend to deny the existence of most or all of them.

Some skeptics may lose objectivity because they are motivated by a desire to weaken the claims of Christianity; Christians may lose objectivity because they don't want to admit that there such parallels could exist and throw doubt on the accuracy of the Bible. We have not yet found an objective, reliable source.

www.religioustolerance.org...

That is why I don't get involved in religious discussions with people often. It's just too hard to convince anyone their religious beliefs are amiss. In all honesty we just don't know for sure or at least that's how I see it

Edit:spelling

[edit on 24-5-2009 by TV_Nation]

[edit on 24-5-2009 by TV_Nation]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join