It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Jesus and all Religions are False

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by learningtofly

All rubbish. No-one can prove anything either way.

A "Soul" that reaches a higher level of understanding/consciousness needs no proof.

Best Wishes!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
A lot of the thing you present are indeed false. You should Do some actuall research before you claim anything. You're just proving to me that you are ignorant by just reading this one thing and believing it. You are no different than people who follow religions blindly. If you had any intelligence you would research into each religion and find all of what your article claims is untrue, and made as propoganda. I've seen millions of these things claiming Jesus was the same as someone else, When all of the research is loosely based on things that can't even be proven. Soo this is only proof to me, that there are still blind idiots who will believe anything. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qaw2594
A lot of the thing you present are indeed false. You should Do some actuall research before you claim anything. You're just proving to me that you are ignorant by just reading this one thing and believing it. You are no different than people who follow religions blindly. If you had any intelligence you would research into each religion and find all of what your article claims is untrue, and made as propoganda. I've seen millions of these things claiming Jesus was the same as someone else, When all of the research is loosely based on things that can't even be proven. Soo this is only proof to me, that there are still blind idiots who will believe anything. Thanks.

Quoted for great justice....not that it matters. lol

Still,well said.You pretty much expressed all my thoughts,i have nothing to add.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze

The similarities between the Christian character and the Indian messiah are many. Indeed, Massey finds over 100 similarities between the Hindu and Christian saviors, and Graves, who includes the various noncanonical gospels in his analysis, lists over 300 likenesses. It should be noted that a common earlier English spelling of Krishna was "Christna," which reveals its relation to '"Christ." It should also be noted that, like the Jewish godman, many people have believed in a historical, carnalized Krishna.

Krishna was born of the Virgin Devaki ("Divine One")
His father was a carpenter.
His birth was attended by angels, wise men and shepherds, and he was presented with gold, frankincense and myrrh.
He was persecuted by a tyrant who ordered the slaughter of thousands of infants.
He was of royal descent.
He was baptized in the River Ganges.
He worked miracles and wonders.
He raised the dead and healed lepers, the deaf and the blind.
Krishna used parables to teach the people about charity and love.
"He lived poor and he loved the poor."

www.sanfords.net...

Edit: Restored the OP.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by intrepid]

I believe that there is a creationary force in the universe but it doesn't micromanage. I believe that because it makes sense to me. I don't put a lot of stock in the Bible because of the manner in which it was created. Your title is misleading, well actually is an outright lie. No offense, but you provided no proof that Jesus wasn't the son of God nor have you proven all religions are false. I'm going to make a post below expand the similarities amongst messiahs. But the simple fact is you said that you were going to prove all religions are false and that Jesus is false. You didn't do that. Nor can you do that.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Horus of Egypt
The stories of Jesus and Horus are very similar, with Horus even contributing the name of Jesus Christ. Horus and his once-and-future Father, Osiris, are frequently interchangeable in the mythos ("I and my Father are one"). The legends of Horus go back thousands of years, and he shares the following in common with Jesus:

Horus was born of the virgin Isis-Meri on December 25th in a cave/manger, with his birth being announced by a star in the East and attended by three wise men.
He was a child teacher in the Temple and was baptized when he was 30 years old.
Horus was also baptized by "Anup the Baptizer," who becomes "John the Baptist."
He had 12 disciples.
He performed miracles and raised one man, El-Azar-us, from the dead.
He walked on water.
Horus was transfigured on the Mount.
He was crucified, buried in a tomb and resurrected.
He was also the "Way, the Truth, the Light, the Messiah, God's Anointed Son, the Son of Man, the Good Shepherd, the Lamb of God, the Word" etc.
He was "the Fisher," and was associated with the Lamb, Lion and Fish ("Ichthys").
Horus's personal epithet was "Iusa," the "ever-becoming son" of "Ptah," the "Father."
Horus was called "the KRST," or "Anointed One," long before the Christians duplicated the story.
In fact, in the catacombs at Rome are pictures of the baby Horus being held by the virgin mother Isis - the original "Madonna and Child" - and the Vatican itself is built upon the papacy of Mithra, who shares many qualities with Jesus and who existed as a deity long before the Jesus character was formalized. The Christian hierarchy is nearly identical to the Mithraic version it replaced. Virtually all of the elements of the Catholic ritual, from miter to wafer to water to altar to doxology, are directly taken from earlier pagan mystery religions.

Mithra, Sungod of Persia
The story of Mithra precedes the Christian fable by at least 600 years. According to Wheless, the cult of Mithra was, shortly before the Christian era, "the most popular and widely spread 'Pagan' religion of the times." Mithra has the following in common with the Christ character:

Mithra was born of a virgin on December 25th.
He was considered a great traveling teacher and master.
He had 12 companions or disciples.
He performed miracles.
He was buried in a tomb.
After three days he rose again.
His resurrection was celebrated every year.
Mithra was called "the Good Shepherd."
He was considered "the Way, the Truth and the Light, the Redeemer, the Savior, the Messiah."
He was identified with both the Lion and the Lamb.
His sacred day was Sunday, "the Lord's Day," hundreds of years before the appearance of Christ.
Mithra had his principal festival on what was later to become Easter, at which time he was resurrected.
His religion had a Eucharist or "Lord's Supper."
Krishna of India
The similarities between the Christian character and the Indian messiah are many. Indeed, Massey finds over 100 similarities between the Hindu and Christian saviors, and Graves, who includes the various noncanonical gospels in his analysis, lists over 300 likenesses. It should be noted that a common earlier English spelling of Krishna was "Christna," which reveals its relation to '"Christ." It should also be noted that, like the Jewish godman, many people have believed in a historical, carnalized Krishna.

Krishna was born of the Virgin Devaki ("Divine One")
His father was a carpenter.
His birth was attended by angels, wise men and shepherds, and he was presented with gold, frankincense and myrrh.
He was persecuted by a tyrant who ordered the slaughter of thousands of infants.
He was of royal descent.
He was baptized in the River Ganges.
He worked miracles and wonders.
He raised the dead and healed lepers, the deaf and the blind.
Krishna used parables to teach the people about charity and love.
"He lived poor and he loved the poor."
He was transfigured in front of his disciples

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
In some traditions he died on a tree or was crucified between two thieves.
He rose from the dead and ascended to heaven.
Krishna is called the "Shepherd God" and "Lord of lords," and was considered "the Redeemer, Firstborn, Sin Bearer, Liberator, Universal Word."
He is the second person of the Trinity, and proclaimed himself the "Resurrection" and the "way to the Father."
He was considered the "Beginning, the Middle and the End," ("Alpha and Omega"), as well as being omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent.
His disciples bestowed upon him the title "Jezeus," meaning "pure essence."
Krishna is to return to do battle with the "Prince of Evil," who will desolate the earth.
Prometheus of Greece
The Greek god Prometheus has been claimed to have come from Egypt, but his drama took place in the Caucasus mountains. Prometheus shares a number of striking similarities with the Christ character.

Prometheus descended from heaven as God incarnate as man, to save mankind.
He was crucified, suffered and rose from the dead.
He was called the Logos or Word.

Although most people think of Buddha as being one person who lived around 500 B.C.E., the character commonly portrayed as Buddha can also be demonstrated to be a compilation of godmen, legends and sayings of various holy men both preceding and succeeding the period attributed to the Buddha.

The Buddha character has the following in common with the Christ figure:

Buddha was born of the virgin Maya, who was considered the "Queen of Heaven."
He was of royal descent.
He crushed a serpent's head.
He performed miracles and wonders, healed the sick, fed 500 men from a "small basket of cakes," and walked on water.
He abolished idolatry, was a "sower of the word," and preached "the establishment of a kingdom of righteousness."
He taught chastity, temperance, tolerance, compassion, love, and the equality of all.
He was transfigured on a mount.
Sakya Buddha was crucified in a sin-atonement, suffered for three days in hell, and was resurrected.
He ascended to Nirvana or "heaven."
Buddha was considered the "Good Shepherd", the "Carpenter", the "Infinite and Everlasting."
He was called the "Savior of the World" and the "Light of the World

We don't know exactly when these dying-reborn Gods began – they date back thousands of years, basically fading into prehistory. We do know early Christian writers recognized that Jesus came at the end of a long history of Gods who died and were reborn. The list includes, says Christian apologist Origen:

"the Odrysian Orpheus, and the Thessalian Protesilaus, and the Taenarian Hercules, and Theseus also."

But, says Origin, the stories of these other dying-reborn Gods need not be believed, "For each … might, had he wished, have secretly withdrawn himself from the sight of men, and returned again. These older stories are myths, but the story of Jesus' death and resurrection should be believed."

Justin Martyr an early Christian apologist claimed that Satan tried to usurp Jesus by coming centuries before him to "seed" many religions with stories of virgin births, death and resurrection, etc., thus diluting Jesus' message. But they are false and Jesus is real. This is sort of like the Fundamentalists of today saying that God layered fossil evidence in the earth to test our faith in him.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join