It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Jesus and all Religions are False

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Neon Haze

So you've pointed out some similarities between eastern religions... wow... imagine that.

Yet you haven't spoke about my Gods, the ones of the Celtic Empire and Viking Empire... Yeah, I know eventually they were both converted to that Eastern Religion known as Christianity... but don't dismiss the religions which flowed through Northern Europe prior to the arrival of these invasive religions from different tribes

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike73173
reply to post by randyvs

There is no factual evidence of the existence of Jesus Christ other than accounts provided by the bible.

Absolute rubbish.

Check out the following:

Pliny the Younger
Tacitus
Gaius Suetonius Tranquillus
Mara bar Sarapion
Lucian (the Romano-Syrian)
Celsus
The Babylonian Talmud and other Jewish sources.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by clcreek
I can't help but laugh at all the "Christians" actually believe that Christ was born on Dec 25th and 3 wise men cam to see him in the manger?

I don't think that Christians believe that he was actually born on the 25th December. It's just an appointed day, like the Queen's birthday holiday in Commonwealth countries.

Regarding the 3 magi, though... Why should they NOT believe this particular point? Why is it less believable than, say, Virgin birth?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bigballs

Apparently you haven't read the bible. If you did and don't believe it, who cares; if you did and believed it, who cares; but you would understand that what I wrote can be found there...

I could care less what you believe or don't, but if you are going to bash something at least know what the hell your talking about or shut up.

I am amazed at how many people bash Christians and have never read the bible; bash Muslims and have never read the Koran; bash the Jews and haven't read the bible, any of their history, they don't even understand Zionism...

You are an ignorant fool if you bash a people without even knowing what they believe. Just like bashing someone because of the color of their skin.

All I can say is you are very ignorant...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Roark

It's hilarious... I've never known why some people, both believers and non-believers somehow feel that if Jesus never really existed that it nullifies the philosophy expounded upon by him.

I'm sorry, but the teachings of Christ stand on their own, regardless of the reality of the human figure known as Jesus.

Even I, someone who no longer refers to himself as a Christian can see this.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by Roark

It's hilarious... I've never known why some people, both believers and non-believers somehow feel that if Jesus never really existed that it nullifies the philosophy expounded upon by him.

I'm sorry, but the teachings of Christ stand on their own, regardless of the reality of the human figure known as Jesus.

Even I, someone who no longer refers to himself as a Christian can see this.

I absolutely agree. I'm a former evangelical Christian as well, but I guess I still consider myself a "Christian" in the sense that I subscribe to a lot of what he taught.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Roark

Because the 3 magi or wise men showed up when Christ was a toddler, I don't remember if it tells of his age. But he wasn't a new born in the manger.

I find it fascinating that Christians would ignore the book of Jeremiah and celebrate the birth of their savior on a day steeped in paganism.

Some where in Jeremiah it describes the whole Christmas tree thing and says don't do it.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by clcreek

I've read the bible many times and have studied it thoroughly and your explanation did not seem to answer any questions or provide insight here. First and foremost...here are some surface things that simply do not wash with the Christian theory.

1. God is omniscient knowing past, present and future.
a. If God was omniscient, then he already knew when he created Lucifer that he would eventually revolt. This means he already knew the date, the time, and the place...before Lucifer did, condemning Lucifer to live out the destiny that was set in motion before his conception.
b. God must like violence, or he/she/it would not have created a being (Lucifer) that it knew that it would have to fight and then banish into an eternal HELL, or according to you "The physical world." Reminder, the only beings that we can prove that occupy the physical world are reptiles, amphibians, mammals etc. The most intelligent of these species are obviously humans who, with a few exceptions, are presently confined to the earth and the physical realm.
So, are WE the fallen angels??? It certainly looks that way. Humans are known for our reprehensible actions that we inflict against each other for inconsequential things such as money, power, material possessions, and ego. So, I think a strong argument can be made for that.
c. If God is truly omniscient, then free will is only an illusion for its children. In other words, If God already knows the outcome and fate of its entire creation upon conception, then God intentionally creates souls with the intention of accepting or damning the fruits of its labor indiscriminately. We have no choice, whether it be Human, demon or the devil because God already knows that path that they will take before they are even born.

These are tiny representations of the infinite reasons of why Christianity truly makes no sense. God is real...religion is not.

If Jesus existed, according to the Christian bible, he did not practice an organized religion of his own. Since Christianity did not exist, he connected to God through alternative methods such as fasting and meditation (Matthew 4:1-11, Mark 1:12-13). He drank wine so that his mind would be altered enough to make blessings and connect with his creator (turning water into wine). And Jesus was completely demoralized by the sins of the church. If you remember carefully, when he saw the commerce and the false idolatry practiced by the constituents of the church, he flipped out and smashed their temple. (Kind've sounds familiar. Lately, and probably since the beginning of time, priests have been molesting children. Evangelists are caught embezzling money from the very gullible public. Christians worship symbols like the cross, the virgin mary, Jesus, and everything but the God who created it all. Churches require a 10% tithing to go to heaven...etc)

I could continue giving you more examples, but, I hope this may penetrate thought processes that would help you come to a more logical assessment of religion in general.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Issa??? So, how does Issa translate into Jesus? They are entirely two separate names regardless of the meaning. And, this is not a scholarly source.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by manbird12000

Limiting the universe to math and the laws of physics proposed by man himself is the LARGEST display of arrogance I've ever seen.

I really have to say something here. I've heard this line used quite a few times, and I never quite understood the rational behind such a statement. Firstly, because science doesn't negate the possibility of the metaphysical, spiritual, etc. There's just no good reason to assume or even suppose that such phenomena does exist when there is absolutely no empirical evidence to support them. So Science doesn't say "magic doesn't exist", it says "the evident probability of magic being a factor is so low that it's currently not worth consideration"

We're not arrogantly making the rules, we're just observing them and guessing at how they operate based on logic, evidence, and reason. Those explanations which most closely resemble reality are the ones which get tentatively accepted until such a time as the acquisition of new evidence is strong enough to replace the current model.

We don't limit the universe to math and physics... but that's all that reality is giving us to work with so far. Contrary to some people's beliefs, we can see beyond the five perceptible senses. Everything in reality has an effect on other aspects of reality. This is what we call evidence. So while we cannot see, hear, smell, taste, or touch radiation - we know it's there because of it's interactions with energy and matter that we CAN observe.

Now, consider the case for the soul. A common analogy is a driver in a car. Yet this analogy doesn't quite work, because you have interfaces between your intent and the car's motion. Steering Wheels, Brakes, Accelerator Pedal, Turn Signals, etc. There is thus far absolutely no empirical evidence of such a mechanism in the brain. It appears as though your conciousness and personality are shaped by your brain structure - and can be modified by the releasing of chemicals. Dopamine releases cause you to feel euphoric, whereas testosterone increases aggression. If you see a frightening image, would you say it is your soul that is scared? If so, how does the soul control the release of adrenaline and other chemical compounds which creates the flight or fight response?

If the soul does not interact with the brain in any perceivable or measurable interaction, why do you suppose it exists? Take, for example, those prototype auto-pilot cars which have sensors and cameras built in and can track it's position, velocity, etc. A driver may or may not be in the seat of the car, but if the car is on autopilot - the driver might as well not even be there, because he's not the one driving. The car is driving itself autonomously. Now, of course you're going to assume a driver or a director with that analogy, because cars are specially created just for the purpose of human transport. It has no purpose without a driver/passenger. However, humanity is not specially designed. We are, by best analysis of the evidence, a product of a natural system of descent with modification against an environment that acts as the selector.

So ultimately... who is the one being arrogant? Those who are observing a system and trying to figure it out, or those who think that humanity (and the religious especially) are such perfect special delicate snowflakes that a creator god with omnipotence capable of creating a universe so vast we can't even begin to comprehend it's magnitude wants to be your special buddy. That you are the poor little lost souls, the focus of attention, in a grand galactic struggle between the gods themselves.

Regardless of whether or not you surrender to Allah or Yahweh's will, no matter how you cut it, that - my friend - is arrogance.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by clcreek
I find it fascinating that Christians would ignore the book of Jeremiah and celebrate the birth of their savior on a day steeped in paganism.

Some where in Jeremiah it describes the whole Christmas tree thing and says don't do it.

Yeah, umm I think Jeremiah actually talks about Ashler poles, not Christmas trees... Haha interesting parallel, though.

Ashler poles were a pagan monument back in the day.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You asked me to find one lie in the bible...well, I've got a few. And as far as I'm concerned, a contradiction is a lie. So...here's some to keep you busy. If you can answer all of these...I have tons more for you. And, you might want to look at the last two first. I find it intriguing.

GE 1:3-5 On the first day, God created light, then separated light and darkness.
GE 1:14-19 The sun (which separates night and day) wasn't created until the fourth day.

GE 1:11-12, 26-27 Trees were created before man was created.
GE 2:4-9 Man was created before trees were created.

GE 1:20-21, 26-27 Birds were created before man was created.
GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before birds were created.

GE 1:24-27 Animals were created before man was created.
GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before animals were created.

GE 1:26-27 Man and woman were created at the same time.
GE 2:7, 21-22 Man was created first, woman sometime later.

GE 1:28 God encourages reproduction.
LE 12:1-8 God requires purification rites following childbirth which, in effect, makes childbirth a sin. (Note: The period for purification following the birth of a daughter is twice that for a son.)

GE 1:31 God was pleased with his creation.
GE 6:5-6 God was not pleased with his creation.
(Note: That God should be displeased is inconsistent with the concept of omniscience.)

GE 2:4, 4:26, 12:8, 22:14-16, 26:25 God was already known as "the Lord" (Jahveh or Jehovah) much earlier than the time of Moses.
EX 6:2-3 God was first known as "the Lord" (Jahveh or Jehovah) at the time of the Egyptian Bondage, during the life of Moses.

GE 2:17 Adam was to die the very day that he ate the forbidden fruit.
GE 5:5 Adam lived 930 years.

GE 2:15-17, 3:4-6 It is wrong to want to be able to tell good from evil.
HE 5:13-14 It is immature to be unable to tell good from evil.

GE 4:4-5 God prefers Abel's offering and has no regard for Cain's.
2CH 19:7, AC 10:34, RO 2:11 God shows no partiality. He treats all alike.

GE 4:9 God asks Cain where his brother Able is.
PR 15:3, JE 16:17, 23:24-25, HE 4:13 God is everywhere. He sees everything. Nothing is hidden from his view.

GE 4:15, DT 32:19-27, IS 34:8 God is a vengeful god.
EX 15:3, IS 42:13, HE 12:29 God is a warrior. God is a consuming fire.
EX 20:5, 34:14, DT 4:24, 5:9, 6:15, 29:20, 32:21 God is a jealous god.
LE 26:7-8, NU 31:17-18, DT 20:16-17, JS 10:40, JG 14:19, EZ 9:5-7 The Spirit of God is (sometimes) murder and killing.
NU 25:3-4, DT 6:15, 9:7-8, 29:20, 32:21, PS 7:11, 78:49, JE 4:8, 17:4, 32:30-31, ZP 2:2 God is angry. His anger is sometimes fierce.
2SA 22:7-8 (KJV) "I called to the Lord; ... he heard my voice; ... The earth trembled and quaked, ... because he was angry. Smoke came from his nostrils. Consuming fire came from his mouth, burning coals blazed out of it."
EZ 6:12, NA 1:2, 6 God is jealous and furious. He reserves wrath for, and takes revenge on, his enemies. "... who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? His fury is poured out like fire, and rocks are thrown down by him."
2CO 13:11, 14, 1JN 4:8, 16 God is love.
GA 5:22-23 The fruit of the Spirit of God is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

GE 4:16 Cain went away (or out) from the presence of the Lord.
JE 23:23-24 A man cannot hide from God. God fills heaven and earth.

GE 6:4 There were Nephilim (giants) before the Flood.
GE 7:21 All creatures other than Noah and his clan were annihilated by the Flood.
NU 13:33 There were Nephilim after the Flood.

GE 6:6. EX 32:14, NU 14:20, 1SA 15:35, 2SA 24:16 God does change his mind.
NU 23:19-20, 1SA 15:29, JA 1:17 God does not change his mind.

GE 6:19-22, 7:8-9, 7:14-16 Two of each kind are to be taken, and are taken, aboard Noah's Ark.
GE 7:2-5 Seven pairs of some kinds are to be taken (and are taken) aboard the Ark.

GE 7:1 Noah was righteous.
JB 1:1,8, JB 2:3 Job was righteous.
LK 1:6 Zechariah and Elizabeth were righteous.
JA 5:16 Some men are righteous, (which makes their prayers effective).
1JN 3:6-9 Christians become righteous (or else they are not really Christians).
RO 3:10, 3:23, 1JN 1:8-10 No one was or is righteous.

GE 7:7 Noah and his clan enter the Ark.
GE 7:13 They enter the Ark (again?).

GE 11:7-9 God sows discord.
PR 6:16-19 God hates anyone who sows discord.

GE 11:9 At Babel, the Lord confused the language of the whole world.
1CO 14:33 Paul says that God is not the author of confusion.

GE 11:12 Arpachshad [Arphaxad] was the father of Shelah.
LK 3:35-36 Cainan was the father of Shelah. Arpachshad was the grandfather of Shelah.

GE 11:26 Terah was 70 years old when his son Abram was born.
GE 11:32 Terah was 205 years old when he died (making Abram 135 at the time).
GE 12:4, AC 7:4 Abram was 75 when he left Haran. This was after Terah died. Thus, Terah could have been no more than 145 when he died; or Abram was only 75 years old after he had lived 135 years.

GE 12:7, 17:1, 18:1, 26:2, 32:30, EX 3:16, 6:2-3, 24:9-11, 33:11, NU 12:7-8, 14:14, JB 42:5, AM 7:7-8, 9:1 God is seen.
EX 33:20, JN 1:18, 1JN 4:12 God is not seen. No one can see God's face and live. No one has ever seen him.

GE 10:5, 20, 31 There were many languages before the Tower of Babel.
GE 11:1 There was only one language before the Tower of Babel.

GE 15:9, EX 20:24, 29:10-42, LE 1:1-7:38, NU 28:1-29:40, God details sacrificial offerings.
JE 7:21-22 God says he did no such thing.

GE 16:15, 21:1-3, GA 4:22 Abraham had two sons, Ishmael and Isaac.
HE 11:17 Abraham had only one son.

GE 17:1, 35:11, 1CH 29:11-12, LK 1:37 God is omnipotent. Nothing is impossible with (or for) God.
JG 1:19 Although God was with Judah, together they could not defeat the plainsmen because the latter had iron chariots.

GE 17:7, 10-11 The covenant of circumcision is to be everlasting.
GA 6:15 It is of no consequence.

GE 17:8 God promises Abraham the land of Canaan as an "everlasting possession."
GE 25:8, AC 7:2-5, HE 11:13 Abraham died with the promise unfulfilled.

GE 17:15-16, 20:11-12, 22:17 Abraham and his half sister, Sarai, are married and receive God's blessings.
LE 20:17, DT 27:20-23 Incest is wrong.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

The evil one creating deception with similarities of religions...Yes! I agree. There is a book, "Salvation is From the Jews" which describes this. It says all the coincidences are there to confuse and inflame...and this is what Jesus may have meant when he said, many will come, but do not be deceived.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Getting back to the OP claim that christianity and hinduism etc have over 100 similarities, this is just a complete fraud and lie. The following clip (part 6 of 8) goes into some of the lies reported by zeitgeist etc. Quite an interesting watch from the beginning too.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Here are a few more contradictions/lies that is written in the bible. I just figured a list like this one would make you come to some different conclusions about the validity of the bible.

God good to all, or just a few?

PSA 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

[Editor's note: Some readers have raised an objection to this alleged contradiction. They point out that PSA 145:20 states that The Lord keeps all who love Him, but that He will destroy the wicked. In other words, some see no contradiction between "The Lord is good to all" and JER 13:14. Others contend, however, that even if the Lord destroys the wicked he could do so with compassion, pity, and mercy. Further, there are biblical examples that indicate that the Lord is not necessarily "good" or merciful--even to those who are not wicked. One such example is Job. As one reader points out, "If Psalm 145:9 was not a contradiction of Psalm 145:20 or Jeremiah 13:14, it would read something like this: "The LORD is good to all, except the wicked: and his tender mercies are over all his works, except when He is punishing the wicked." In any case, the idea that the Lord is good and merciful is contradicted by countless examples in the Bible where God orders the destruction of infants, personally kills David's infant child, etc.]
War or Peace?

EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.
Who is the father of Joseph?

MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.
Who was at the Empty Tomb? Is it:

MAT 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

MAR 16:1 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.

JOH 20:1 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.
Is Jesus equal to or lesser than?

JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.

JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Massive cut and paste from one of those "Contradictions in the Bible" sites?

Weak.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I don't get how the OP proves anything is false.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

By the way I would not call it your work... Considering you pasted it from that website as well.

STOP RIGHT THERE!
I did the work of researching the topic and I provided a link to the source. All you did was copy my work without giving credit to me or the actual source. Next time do your own research.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by impressme]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike73173
reply to post by randyvs

Here are a few more contradictions/lies that is written in the bible. I just figured a list like this one would make you come to some different conclusions about the validity of the bible.

See the thing people like you miss is that the Old Testament is primarily a tribal history filled with primarily military campaigns.

You can't discount something which was never really meant to be anything more than a written and oral tradition.

Although I have no idea why a large portion of the world have adopted this tribal history... how original :-)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
It's easy to p[ick and choose "facts" to prove another "fact"...but the op's assertion is false, at best.

My view is that religion is a problem...it is steeped in the blood of wars and warmaking...even as we fight today.

As someone else put it, "my invisible god is stronger thatn your invisible god and I will kill to prove it"

All the god stories are similar myths but not proving anything in my view.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join