It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Jesus and all Religions are False

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I wonder why so many people are set to prove religion (especially Christianity) wrong. Wow the Indian's have a similar story... ever think that they could have stole it from the Christians? Cultures do that you know, i.e. flood myths. I believe Jesus was a real man, he and his disciples certainly had a huge impact on the ancient world. If you are saying Christ never existed you are saying that pretty much his disciples and their disciples never did either, which could be considered ridiculous because there is lots of texts referring to them. Heck the Vatican is supposedly built where Peter was crucified. I just find it hard to believe that something like Christianity was a hoax and it got that many people following it, and eventually the Roman Empire, followed by most European Kingdoms.

Some people are so set on proving Christianity wrong it makes me sick. Yeah the church has a dirty past, but you know what we have the first amendment protecting us from governments like the Taliban that make women cover their faces up as part of their religion. Or would you prefer ancient culture beliefs like the Mayans with human sacrifice and what not? No one is forcing anyone to believe in Christianity and I get tired of seeing these threads where people are telling people that what they believe is false! It's so hypocritical. How about believe what you want to believe?

[edit on 25-5-2009 by asmall89]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mike73173

You said logical, your post was circular.

1) and a) The bible never says God is omniscient.
b) if God gave Lucifer free will then he would not have know he would revolt. I find the thought that we are the fallen angels fascinating, I have never heard that theory before.
c) if we have no free will then the entire text of the bible is a lie... And many believe the bible to be fiction.

Jesus was a practicing Jew, that is clearly stated in the bible. And the Jewish practice is God's religion as outlined in the Bible. Fasting and meditation is not new to the Jews nor is the consumption of wine, beer or spirits (all found in the bible). And yes Jesus was angered by the corruption of the Jews. People in power are corrupt, if you read the bible it is a common theme throughout...

So I don't get your point other then you believe the bible to be fiction or a nice story. But that doesn't prove that it doesn't say the things I have mentioned.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by clcreek]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarrylGalasso
I find it to be very comical that anyone would try to prove that something didn't exist. This defies the objective of science itself. If something does not exist, there is no proof. I can tell you there is a google monster (fictional name) outside your window right now and what kind of "evidence" can you provide to discredit that? You could say well I don't see it. Is that evidence? No that is lack of evidence to support my claim, not evidence to support yours. So if something doesn't exist, how does one find supporting evidence for non-existence? All you have is the same speculation as the opposing viewpoint. You have no evidence.

Absolutely correct. IMO good thread, misleading title. Not proof, just possible connections.

Since we have tried so hard to start taking God out of our country (perhaps the late 60's), look what has happened to our society, our politics, our children, and our very lives. So try to bear this in mind. One of your great accomplishments by convincing someone there is no God, may in fact have helped to create the atheist that rapes and murders your daughter some day because he has no guiding moral principles.

Will you be proud of that accomplishment as well?

Sometimes whether things are right or wrong are not as important as the consequences brought about by the simple act of interfering in the social belief systems of cultures. We can see first hand right out our windows what the results have been from trying to remove God from our society, it doesn't take a PhD. to see these things.

I said you were correct!! So why you doing the same thing?? How is what is going on in today's world a direct result of "trying" to take God out of society? Again, lack of direct evidence opposed to a assumed connection, is NOT proof. How do you know it's because God isn't as prevalent in society that that is the reason for all the bad things happening? These things didn't occure beforehand? How bout in the gladiator days? how about in the great depression?

I most sincerely hope that one of the atheist you sire, does not come back someday and do harm to one of your family members.

As I so hope the radical Islamic staying at the hotel next door doesn't decide to come to your airport and hijack that plane in the hanger! Not believing in God does not equate to a life of violence or evil, nor does a life of total servitude to a deity imply the opposite.....

I hope these types of generalizations aren't made so easily so often...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Roark

When I read it it sounded just like a Christmas tree, is there any connection between the tree in Christmas and the Asher pole?

I have no idea what the connection between the tree in Christmas and Christ is.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by clcreek
reply to post by Roark

When I read it it sounded just like a Christmas tree, is there any connection between the tree in Christmas and the Asher pole?

I have no idea what the connection between the tree in Christmas and Christ is.

That makes two of us!

The Ashler was a Middle-Eastern thing, whereas the Christmas tree is a European thing.

...aaaaand that's the extent of my knowledge. Sorry man.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Just so you guys know, the OP had a lot LOT more in his post, but it all vanished. Dunno why.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Well, i´ve read about the OP before.

That info did make me think so much, and created my own valid theory.
I will show you it, because it cant be more crazy than some reply´s on that post (or creacionism)

First you should read or know about the "real" christian bible, not the Synod of Hippo´s cutted version (the complete version, than show how Jesus dies by natural death in kashmir.) Ahmadiyya Islam is based on that thoughts 1 2

Now, the theory:

No one of the messiah have any relationship with any god, all that prophets of the different religions come from the same civilization. One that started before the 10000 years of history we know... ("Maps of the ancient sea kings - Charles Hapgood")
That civilization mainly ended with an atomic war (as told on Mahabharata and Ramayana by example, there are too many facts that show an old atomic war to explain them here) and the survivors of that civilization, " some of them maybe living until today in subterranean cities (Hollow Earth?) "

Those prophets (maybe human brain-washed, maybe people of that kind) had been sent to warn us about our own armaggedon (maybe we are making the same mistakes they did). And they tryed to guide us throught "peace and love" to avoid that armaggedon.

Of course, some humans have used them to get power over the masses.
The "Miracles" maybe high tech seen by ignorants.

I cant explain me better because of my limited vocabulary, sorry for my bad english.

Please try to break that theory.

SvN3aTr
"Numquam non paratus"

[edit on 25-5-2009 by SvN3aTr]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
you mustah!... cast asideah!... the urgeah!.... to be corrupted by the demon that is scienceah!... fail the test of faithah and you willah!!... deliver yourselfah... into!! hellfire..ah!!1one1!!...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
You haven't proven anything except that you can do some research, write a somewhat comparative essay, crunch some numbers, and post it to this forum. Nice try, though. Your essay doesn't prove that Jesus doesn't exist or that all, let alone any, religions are false. Religion is a reflection of its adherents' mentality and the social system and subsystem in which they were conditioned in childhood. About all you can hope to do is open their eyes to that reality and thereby tear down some walls and dissipate some of their fog.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
"You wrote that the world doesn't need a savior, but every day I hear the world crying for one." Brandon Routh as Superman, in Superman Returns

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Ummm- I have every right, and reason to blame "God"- or whatever's in charge of this crazy, mixed up universe. I don't care who's running the show.

Yes, you do have that right and if you think I was implying that you don’t, I wasn’t.

As for who is in charge, I believe WE are in charge of ourselves - what happens from there on out isn’t anything to blame on anyone or anything - it’s just the way it is.

Blame doesn’t solve anything - all it does is allow the blamer to wallow in self pity.
When people stop blaming and take action - their life changes - and some times if they’re lucky for the better.

I’m not saying you’re not taking charge of your life - just making a point about blame having absolutely no constructive value what-so-ever.

peace

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze

The similarities between the Christian character and the Indian messiah are many. Indeed, Massey finds over 100 similarities between the Hindu and Christian saviors, and Graves, who includes the various noncanonical gospels in his analysis, lists over 300 likenesses. It should be noted that a common earlier English spelling of Krishna was "Christna," which reveals its relation to '"Christ." It should also be noted that, like the Jewish godman, many people have believed in a historical, carnalized Krishna.

Krishna was born of the Virgin Devaki ("Divine One")
His father was a carpenter.
His birth was attended by angels, wise men and shepherds, and he was presented with gold, frankincense and myrrh.
He was persecuted by a tyrant who ordered the slaughter of thousands of infants.
He was of royal descent.
He was baptized in the River Ganges.
He worked miracles and wonders.
He raised the dead and healed lepers, the deaf and the blind.
Krishna used parables to teach the people about charity and love.
"He lived poor and he loved the poor."

www.sanfords.net...

Well I am a Hindu and my ex was a Christian. He Couldn't stand my religion. It was as if i pray to satan. I dont really understand the reason though. Christianity spreads the same message as Hinduism does. Just that Lord Krishna didnt ask us to not to pray other gods. So cant there be a possibility that there was someone in the past who took care of the world thru different avatars? Just a thought.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Interesting thread. Star and Flag!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmall89
I wonder why so many people are set to prove religion (especially Christianity) wrong.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by asmall89]

I would say because those that are of a religion, (especially Christianity) always has to prove their religion is right and others are wrong. Also, and this especially goes for Christianity, is that they feel the need to convert everyone they see as "in the dark". Another reason people are out to prove religion is wrong because we all know deep down (some significantly deep down) know that it is wrong and those who do it openly are giving their reasons. In some ways, if you think about it, it counters what Christians do, however this time the Christians are the ones in the dark who need help seeing the light. Just my two Lincolns.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
There is really so much one can say here. I'm going to pick one point. Religion stinks of scape-goatism. If that is even a word. Lending to which, what happens in every day life here to something which iv'e never really seen any proof of to make me believe it exsists. and trust me i've looked.

As far as I can tell. It attributes everything within your power and ability towards an entity and exsistence that is very separate from our real lives.

Sure the noble and just actions of one's said religious beliefs can seep through into our everyday lives. But it really all seems counter productive.

Segregation and isolation seems to be the biggest part of religion. I only see groups of people who tend to their own flock so to speak, shunning anyone who isnt one of their own. That isn't always true but most of the time it is.

Many times these people will be finger pointers. Claiming spiritual superiority and pureness, where as I am going to hell for not accepting Jesus or some one into my life or heart.

Yet they sit there and act as such towards another being which goes against everything this person jesus supposedly said and did.

Fear encompasses all within our small little exsistence. Intelligence is special, it's what we do with it that's important. Many cannot get past the fear and think on what we really are and whats really going on.

Faith is the biggest scape goat these days. People cling to their faith while the whole world goes to hell. It's funny you know. Cause all the christians seem to believe that the glorious part of it all is when god comes down to earth and basically destroys everything and everyone who doesnt believe in him and then everyone who does gets to go to a wonderful place in the clouds. GIVE ME A BREAK.

Humanity doesn't need one savior,we need to stand up as a race. Let go of our fear. Become more unified, be more understanding. Stop looking in the sky and look inside for the answers.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by toraylin]

[edit on 25-5-2009 by toraylin]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Jesus was foretold in the Days of Adam and Eve. He was also at work in their days. Back then it was thought this tale was heresy. Now we know better. So its not a part of the biblical text but still canon to the whole idea and the poetry flows.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Faith is the biggest scape goat these days. People cling to their faith while the whole world goes to hell. It's funny you know. Cause all the christians seem to believe that the glorious part of it all is when god comes down to earth and basically destroys everything and everyone who doesnt believe in him and then everyone who does gets to go to a wonderful place in the clouds. GIVE ME A BREAK.

I will leave you with a prophecy.

2 Peter 3:3 "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts."

2 Peter 3:4 "And saying, Where is the promise of His coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation."

Sounds like modern days.

Jeremiah 17:15 Look, they keep saying to me, "Where is the word of the LORD? Let it come now!"

[edit on 5/25/2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike73173
Issa??? So, how does Issa translate into Jesus? They are entirely two separate names regardless of the meaning. And, this is not a scholarly source.

Firstly, have you taken a few moments to read about "St. Issa"? If you have, then you would understand that your protest of nomenclature bears little on the conversation.

Additionally, you set the bar by asking for evidence. When said evidence is supplied, you raised the bar by demanding a scholarly source.

Methinks that no matter what were provided, you would once again move the target. Thou doth protest too much.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Neon Haze

Hi there,
I can perfectly understand why you think Christianity is a scam. I know you think you know the truth, but in the Bible Satan copies a lot of God's work and then accuses Christianity of not being real. I will provide proof soon, I just have to look it up-its got something to do with a fallen angel who got defeated by God's angels and then claimed that it was him getting sacrificed for people's sins. I can ussure you, Christianity is real. Oh and before I go, beware of the false Christian religions, which is unfortunately most of the Christian beliefs you see, but I believe they will be exposed soon.

Jesus-Jesua(hebrew) is real

Don't believe everything you see or hear, the Devil is the father of lies.Don't believe him.

God bless you all,

JJ

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Neon Haze

Religions are all absed on energies and sex. Sexual energies and life energies are powerful things, like pagans believe.

If you do not know sexual energy and life energy are powerful creating energies, it is a waste of time even debating religion with the op.

All religions are based on these energies. Are you saying that sexual energies are not powerful and they do not create, lol. Do you think that the sun is not important and that energy is not important. lol

Do some research on what religions are before trying to say they are false.

The pagan religions will always be with use, have always been and always will, as long as we are 3d bodies, that create things like sexual energies, lol.

For anyone against the christian faith, tell me what the words of jesus mean. If they mean nothing to you, you must be a zombie, with no heart what so ever.

Mankind has for thousands of years believed in higher entities. The only reason why people in the west do not believe in the devil and demon posession today is hollywood, through music and films etc... You have turned your back on 1000's of years of the greatest minds in human history for hollywood to hypnotise you that there is no such thing as entities interfering with humanity.

[edit on 5/25/2009 by andy1033]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join