It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Jesus and all Religions are False

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by manbird12000
reply to post by Dean Goldberry

Systems derived by man, have the amazing ability to be understood by man. Yet anything that is put in place beyond man's systems and is not understood, is said to be false.

Even if the systems themselves are nothing but theory and hypothesis that are rarely fully understood by average people, it withstands the storms of doubt.

It even extinguishes any other system, that with further understanding could coexist with it.

Unbelievable the arrogance of man, to define the universe and it's origins only from the knowledge he learns from men whom he does not even know.

Very well said...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

impressme, you confuse BELIEF with the Worship of religion. You discount the existence of God because what people have tried to "brainwash" you of?

That's your excuse?

Man, religion is a personal thing, between you and God. Don't blame what others do in the name of religion for your lack of vision beyond our science.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
There is no proof here of anything,why spend time on something you just don't know.
Of course there things to ponder about but just like Zeigeist,
which has many points to ponder and many flaws this op has also too many flaws
in which anyone can feel free to question,and is full of quotes from
wherever.Who said Jesus was God,who said Horus was God and so on
both Jesus and Horus were anointed not appointed.
Who said Agnotisism or Atheism is a religion,
the biggest thing wrong with this thread is the assumption by default,
is that all those other "Civilisations" that are "out there" (and I too
do believe that there are other civilisations elsewhere) do not not believe
in a God of some sort,maybe they do,maybe they don't but ask them first.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
You need to do a little bit more research. Just because it was in the zeitgeist movie doesn't mean that it's true. At all. Horus story for one is completely full of straight out lies. The zeitgeist people made up lies and mixed it with truth. If you want the "christian" rebuttal I will direct you to these videos. It's the TRUTH.

www.youtube.com... part 1
www.youtube.com... part 2
www.youtube.com... part 3

What's sad is that the op didn't do any real research. He listed the same points found in zeitgeist and his source is just a page listing the same things with no evidence. It's amazing what some of you people will believe with NO BACKING TO IT WHAT-SO-EVER!!!!!! You need to wake up, it's ok, zeitgeist lied. The world isn't going to end, you just need to do more of YOUR OWN research and find real evidence.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Nicely copied n pasted from Zeitgeist. If you actually research it though, you will find out that alot the similarities were fabricated between the likes of horus and Jesus etc.

Also... proof? seriously? This is an argument which has lasted thousands of years, and you come along and PROVE it for all of us? If you truely believe that, you are either very arrogant, or you are very very insecure about your own beliefs and need to prove more to yourself than you do to any of us.

Other than that, nice research and nicely presented.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lawbringer
reply to post by cancerian42

You are asuming there is absoulutly no truth in this world and everything is all imagined.

Not assuming, I said it is a possibility that it is imagined, but even if it is that would not negate the possibilty that there is truth to be seen in it, but really isn't all truth internal anyways?

The only way we know for certain that we are real in the truth of death.

Umm, I'm pretty sure that I am real and I am not dead. Also my theory can be applied to the concept of death along with everything else.

Can we experience death, yes. Can God die, no.

Assuming that death is real and not illusion (as is usually). And you would first need to define God to make a statement like that. Whatabout God dying and then resurrecting, would that count? But that is assuming that there is some omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent being outside of ourselves. Which I have yet to see any reason for believing in. In fact the only thing I know is that I am (heard that before?).

Atheists try to debunk Chistianity because they feel as if they have been lied to about there being a God, and they feel their only purpose in life is to take away the feeling of a purpose in life from others. It is very sad, but also true.

Really, I never knew that, Did they tell you this personally (of course they could have been lying) or are you a mind reader, because I can't think of any other ways that you could possibly know their intentions otherwise.
"All generalizations are false, including this one."-Mark Twain

If you are ingnorant to something that is deeper that what you believe, you forget what brought you to that belief. All facts are beliefs, but not all beliefs are fact.

All facts are indeed just beliefs.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by cancerian42]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jon1

I totally agree, these threads that bash God always get a lot of flags, and not many for Bible believers. This is not the a path I would chose. The price is too great, in the end.

Most wont know the truth until the Great Judgement Day, when there will be gnashing of teeth.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by manbird12000

impressme, you confuse BELIEF with the Worship of religion. You discount the existence of God because what people have tried to "brainwash" you of?

It is obvious YOU have not read the threads that I have posted! Furthermore, nowhere does it disprove the existence of God. Your lame attacks on me just show how ignorant you are on the subject at hand and you do not know what you are talking about.

You can twist this topic anyway, you like there is no “confusing” here, any reader can see that, except you. Nice try though.

Man, religion is a personal thing, between you and God. Don't blame what others do in the name of religion for your lack of vision beyond our science.

It is clearly that this subject has disturbed you to say the lease; however, do not “assume” you understand my visions of religion because you don’t.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

That is typical of believers "the price is too great in the end"...and that is exactly the main reason I don't believe, because you believe just because you are scared of what will possibly happen if you didn't. That gives it away as not being based on any kind of reasoning or experience except the reasoning of looking out for your own best interest in the future and your experience of fear. If you really wanted the truth, you would not care about the price. The truth will not change for you, you must change for the truth. But, hey-it's your life, you can do with it what you please.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Neon Haze

You don't even have an understanding of any of the religions that you spoke of, in including Christianity. If you had some, any, knowledge of the bible you would not have said half of what you said. If you had studied enough to asertain as to why God created humans on the earth you would understand that the bible doesn't say anything about this being the only planet that held life. You would understand that God didn't creat the planet for humans but for spirtual beings (angels). You would also realize that the bible does not say that Jesus was born on Dec 25 nor that the 3 wise men came to see him at birth.

So next time why don't you do your research and not depend on falsehoods to try to prove your points...

Other then that... nice post!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze

The way the figures stack up against all the religions that exist on this planet are undeniable.

Based upon the figures I use here if it was possible to poll the universes intelligences and a survey of 100000000 intelligences were to be carried that included Earth then 99999995 of those intelligences would say that Jesus was not the son of the one god and only 5 would state he was.

This thread seems like an attempt to inflame passions. So i will make this one reply and likely not even look back in here to see what else gets said.

Your logic is so illogical as to be staggering. My head hurts when i try to see the holes in your thought processes.

The biggest flaw: you have no clue what religious beliefs any aliens may or may not have. It is a complete non-sequitor. You seem to have made an assumption that is nearly as big as the universe (minus about 6 billion people, who we actually have data on).

Whether religion is false or not matters little to me. I follow the simple truth, the middle way. Whether i am right or wrong matters little, as i find peace daily in my life (after many years of turmoil).

Om mani padme, hum

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Neon Haze

Nothing you have quoted is proof. There is more truth that God does exisit than those who claim blasphemous, false, deceptive lies to confuse people.

I suggest you take some theology in college before making such claims.

There are serious spiritually consequences for publically denouncing God. I'm worried about your spirit.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cancerian42

Well that would only apply if I was scared or frightened but I'm not. When you are scared of someone you dont love them. Your comment didnt make much sense.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Then why do you believe if not for fear of what would possibly happen if you didn't? I am curious because you said the price would be too great to pay...if that is not fear than I don't know what is.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
reply to post by pretty_vacant

December 25, in astronomical terms, is the first day that it is noticable that the sun - the light - is growing. It is the first day that is noticeably longer.

Ahhhh, thanks for that.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

impressme, you said in your posts that Man wrote the Bible not God. This is true. And you said that the Church extorts money from the believers...true in many cases. You also spoke about wars being fought in the name of religion, true as well.

But the OP is refuting the existence of God, you claim to not believe in Christianity because of Man has done in the name of it, and because the fact that Man has written the Bible, fine.

What you fail to see, is that none of the things you speak about, refutes the existence of God, which is what the OP is claiming to have done.

Secondly, you give us no reason to believe anything other than the fact that you do not believe in God at all, and your reasons have all to do with what PEOPLE have done to you in your life and to others.

That is an excuse and you up the anty by insinuating that people who believe in a God are fools.

Even though your supporting arguments are Christian based. Worshiping of all religions have resulted in Evils and corruption of man over the ages, so you deny God himself because of it.

I could care less what you believe in, but all your years wasting time debunking Christianity has done nothing to refute the existence of God himself. Something the OP says his formulas and "research" has successfully done.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neon HazeTotal number of Christians / estimate of total Sentient Intelligent consciousnesses X 100 =.00000005% of the total Sentient Intelligent consciousnesses in the known visible universe could have known and believe Jesus as the son of god and the saviour.

How do you know what the people on the other planets believe in? Are you assuming they do not believe in Jesus?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
[edit on Sun, 24 May 2009 19:08:01 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lawbringer

reply to post by mithrawept

The bible is anti-homosexual. Because of this, christians will attempt to remove the rights of homosexuals to marry.

I bet your parents were homosexuals, right. I mean it's only natural.

Well actually, homosexuality is natural. In many ecological environments homosexuality will manifest when potential mates or resources are scarce. Whether my parents are homosexual is irrelevant. Are all relationships about reproduction? No of course not.

Often we (individuals in the human race) will victimize the thing we fear the most within ourselves. Feeling partially or wholly gay is perfectly normal. Get over it.

Remember, if you are a theist, that god created homosexuality, in the same way that god created you.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Excellent, too bad most religious people are so far off the edge there is no hope for them. They will do almost anything to protect their nice little comfortable world they have formed around themselves and become very violent when someone threatens to tear it down. Religion is slavery, free yourself and take a nap on Sundays or go fishing.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join