It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange daytime footage taken in British Columbia [video]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by beautyfrompain

Originally posted by InSanE1
My initial thought was that it was an inflatable turtle as well, however I can't figure out how it's traveling in what seems to be a straight line and it's rate of travel is too fast for a balloon. Also it's size doesn't make sense, it looks to be several meters long, I don't really see anyone making a turtle balloon of that size. So this is either an elaborate hoax or E.T started to design their craft to look like things that we'd see here to confuse us all lol.

I mean the most logical event would be yes - a flying turtle balloon floating above air. But there is just something in the uniform way it's moving. It doesn't rotate, twist, elevate, lower ori anything. I'm not saying this is alien in nature but I just don't see a flying turtle balloon.

First off it does rotate. It happens very slowly and the camera op makes it hard to see this happening because he keeps zooming out at crucial times. If there was one completely steady close up it would be more apparent.

Another thing wind can differ ground level to sky level. Anyone who has been on a tall building can relate. The higher up you go, the stronger the wind can get.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Also in regards to the whole binoculars thing, from what I can see he is using consumer grade binoculars. If this is the case he probably sees what we're seeing in the footage or something very similar. Consumer grade binoculars are very limited, if they had professional ones they would definitely would have said "Thats a #ing ________!!!!"(insert what you think it is lol)

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

That looks just like a turtle, the four legs, the tail and the head poiting down. Perhaps some evil dude catapulted it across the scene while they were filming. Seriously, look at the water first few moments of the video, its not even a breeze, the object is not that high up so the wind difference can not be that big. About the most funny ufo footage i've watched so far, S&F

[edit on 2009/5/24 by reugen]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
OK... I can't help stop self from posting it:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Anyone have motion tracking software? That would be nice so you could really see how it moves.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by beautyfrompain
If it had been a flying turtle balloon don't they would have mentioned it instead of wasting their time filming a balloon?

Considering that they were wasting their time drinking, it was an improvement on what they were doing before and after the "UFO" appearance.

I don't think that the "UFO" was very far way, surely not 1000 metres (specially considering that the small bay where they were is just 600 metres wide).

It looks like the "UFO" passes relatively close, and judging from the place where it appears and where it disappears into the distance, I think he moved more or less along this path.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/ed10c37df6881c0c.jpg[/atsimg]

As someone was asking for it, I stabilised part of the video, brightened it a little and also made a slow motion version.

Stabilised and level adjusted

(click to open player in new window)

Slow motion version of the above, it may help (or not
)

(click to open player in new window)

I think the turtle explanation is not that bad, specially after finding the following YouTube video with an inflatable turtle much like the UFO.
YouTube video with an inflatable turtle

Just imagine the above inflatable turtle filled with helium, possibly with too much pressure, making it more roundish.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This video was made for the guys who made it to have a laugh, nothing more. Hoax IMO....................youtub has about 5% legit and 95% BS.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
did no one else hear the helicopter rotors right as the cameraman started mentioning it "couldn't be a helicopter"?
i don't think the object WAS a helicopter, but i just thought i should mention that.
also, to me it looks a whole helluva lot like this:
Turtle balloon!
with different coloring

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I really want to thank people for the opinions and contributions, especially the stabilization and slow motion video and map. I am still completely unsure what to think - I want to think flying turtle balloon but I'm completely unsure due to the way it moves and their reactions.

Techie2012, commercial use binoculars are not as bad as you think. These guys were on a boat and had binoculars, you'd probably assume they used them for distance to distinguish things while sailing. Also, the object seems to come relatively close to them, I think you'd be able to see some sort of definition or even if it were a turtle.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
After doing some poking around here is Fritz Stammberger who shot the video in an obviously sarcastic reply to the flying sea turtle balloon theory.

He doesn't offer much else, but at least he shows some comparassion. SARCASM DETECTORS ON!

He also shot this one in January of this year, although it shows nothing much at all.

[edit on 5/24/2009 by beautyfrompain]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Just a thought, is there anyone who can take a screenshot and enhance the photo? That may just be able to help further.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
At the 3:55 mark, I see a wind generator or weather vane indicating that wind direction is 90 degrees to the trajectory the 'balloon' was taking.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jockstar
At the 3:55 mark, I see a wind generator or weather vane indicating that wind direction is 90 degrees to the trajectory the 'balloon' was taking.

Good observation! What does that mean lol

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Okay forget the flying pig/Turtle the guy in the video is hot! He can survey me any day!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jockstar

Good catch!

It means you really looked at the video.

But as you probably know, the direction and strength of the wind may change (and usually does) with the altitude, so it's no surprise if you are on the ground (or in a boat) and the direction of the wind is not the same as the one at, for example, 50 metres.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I don't understand why some people always say 'Balloon!' and start running away to prevent anything else from reaching their ears..

It can be anything, it is a UFO, because we don't know better ("UFO" not equal to "extraterrestrial")
i thought it was common knowledge by now..

Does anyone knows what a MAV is? this could easily be one of those, time to do some reading:

www.defense-update.com...

Also, look under the 'MAV Links' section on the bottom left of the page, there are several models, some of them look nothing like airplanes.

Another link:

en.wikipedia.org...

I just don't get it why some people will always tend to hide their head in the sand.

It could be anything, probably the guys own something like the MAV on the site i linked and were playing around with it, probably it belongs to the gov and they are monitoring the coast for any illegal activities, probably it is a flying turtle from outter space, who knows?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Thanks for that. It could very well be a miniature aerial vehicle (or MAV), but it makes me think... don't MAV's make some kind of noise?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
If it is a MAV what's the range on the remote control? (Like how far can you be from the object to still be able to control it?)

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techie2012
If it is a MAV what's the range on the remote control? (Like how far can you be from the object to still be able to control it?)

Very good question. As for as I can tell it comes from those shore with the apartments or whatever to the coast line on the other side of the bay. How far is that remote control range? Any body know?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyfrompain

Well i guess it depends on the model and cost, i really don't know, but if it was from the gov, it certainly will have a long range, specially if they use it to monitor large coast lines.

But what can we know, they could be using a satellite link instead of radio control or who knows what else. maybe not (probably not), but we can't be sure can we?

As for the noise, it could be hidden by all the extra noise or the distance, i know it gets very close at some point and nothing can be heard, but maybe that's why they were screaming that loud?

That's a good point there, i guess it would need to have a noisy engine to allow it to travel that fast, but if this was a test for a spy drone, we also may think it has to be silent otherwise it would be found very easily.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Kaifan]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join