It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange daytime footage taken in British Columbia [video]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FX44rice
If that is a balloon it's one heck of an extravagant one.

Made by one heck of a sophisticated balloon builder.

Released by an expert navigator to control the path of flight over the coast and not out to sea.

It looks more like a manipulated video production to me, and I am not even close to an expert to analyze this.

Techie2012, who works as a videographer, has some information on this, and when he gets off work he may be able to sort this out. I for one do not see any evidance of video munipulation and as far as I am aware he didn't either.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I also did a quick check to see if there were any reports out of that are that fit the discription of what we're seeing and so far I haven't found any. I just wish there was a bit more information like location, time of day...

[edit on 5/23/2009 by beautyfrompain]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
You can locate Oak Bay, BC (near Victoria) on Google Earth. I checked against the aerial photos and the location matches a marina by Oak Bay.

A very interesting video and hard to believe it could be a big fancy balloon, so I feel stumped. It seems to be moving too fast and too smoothly to be a balloon.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This video is totally geniue. Nothing was added as far as I can see and I work in Television. If it were CGI it would have had a hard time going behind the out of focus rope in the foreground around the 1:30 mark. It would be obvious to a guy like me if this was added in after the video was recorded

About the whole colour issue, since it was so far away it could have appeared a different colour. Around the 2:20 mark it looks like the object has a green tint but when the camera zooms in and gets a closer shot its golden or brown or what have you. Definitely a natural illusion so it makes sense why they're saying thats its green.

I'm not sure what it is but its not a CGI trick

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techie2012
This video is totally geniue. Nothing was added as far as I can see and I work in Television. If it were CGI it would have had a hard time going behind the out of focus rope in the foreground around the 1:30 mark. It would be obvious to a guy like me if this was added in after the video was recorded

About the whole colour issue, since it was so far away it could have appeared a different colour. Around the 2:20 mark it looks like the object has a green tint but when the camera zooms in and gets a closer shot its golden or brown or what have you. Definitely a natural illusion so it makes sense why they're saying thats its green.

I'm pretty sure that there could be CGI here, I don't want to rule that out just yet. The thing that makes me think this isn't CGI is the way that the camera moves around too much and it probably would be hard to CGI that, and when the object goes behind the string... that's Techie2012 for pointing that out.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Dunno about the UFO, but that beard was awesome

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Uhm, I think it is CLEARLY visible that some parts of it is green. Do people honestly not see the green parts?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
Uhm, I think it is CLEARLY visible that some parts of it is green. Do people honestly not see the green parts?

I really did think it was green at one point. I thought it may be metal that's been rusted (but not extremely rusted)

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm guessing if not CGI a balloon blimp.

Quite a while ago something similar (not this one) was posted in a news group and had people going crazy over it. Then the guy who released the video showed close ups of it before he launched it and laughed at everyone calling it a remote control balloon blimp. The movement was pretty similar to this.

However with the intro when you first start the video it all but screams viral.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This video has made the rounds here a few times. It's a sea turtle balloon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by beautyfrompain

Originally posted by Techie2012

I'm pretty sure that there could be CGI here, I don't want to rule that out just yet. The thing that makes me think this isn't CGI is the way that the camera moves around too much and it probably would be hard to CGI that, and when the object goes behind the string... that's Techie2012 for pointing that out.

Actually its not as hard as you might think. A compositior could actually introduce a tracker that would make the object follow a certain point as if the object was actually there in the original video

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople

You know... I just don't see a flying sea turtle balloon. At all. I am not saying that it can't be, but to me it doesn't.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by beautyfrompain

Originally posted by IAttackPeople

You know... I just don't see a flying sea turtle balloon. At all. I am not saying that it can't be, but to me it doesn't.

I think it may actually be a flying sea turtle balloon for a couple of reasons

A) It seems to have a head two front fins and two back legs and a tail.

B) It rotates as if the wind is carrying it and that why it appears to "change shape"

Also I don't think the picture above is taken from this footage (the blurry brown image) but I think it may be something similar to that green sea turtle.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
that sea turtle blow up photo is of a TINY little swimming pool toy

the object in the video is much larger

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Turtle balloon images

If you Google turtle balloon images, not one of them the actual colour of a real turtle. They are mostly bright vibrant greens, unless this was an exception for the most accurate turtle balloon ever.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
that my friends, is a turtle. its green on the back, and tan on the bottom, as a turtle is. just watch the video, and collate all the images together. picture a 3d version of what you just saw, and tell me thats not a turtle.

As to how the hell a turtle ballon is going that fast , i have no idea. RC maybe? i don't think wind could do that? but its a turtle.

Also, yeah, big ups to Canada, the most prolific use of the F word i have ever encountered took place in Edmonton. My whole family plus their neighbors, from 90 yr old ladies to 12 yr old boys, dropped the f bomb more in the week i was there than i have ever heard it dropped in my whole life. and my cussing puts sailors to shame. i also experienced the drinking for celebratory reasons, though the reasons were pretty obscure to me. i think someone passed a pop quiz in university?? it left me boggled.

love and peace

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I just don't see it!

I mean - if I make myself see it I can... but it's just not the impression I see.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Defiantly looks like the turtle balloons.
Just Google it and you'll come across it.

Ugh any video with people in it like the ones in this one (either teen boys, or really immature men) make me question a video.
It's just like do you REALLY have to ACT that way?
The kind of people who rub my nerves raw and when some of the men (boys) I know act like this in public it is humiliating to be around them.
The type of person who's so desperate for attention they'd set loose a turtle balloon and pass it off as a "WTF IS THAT" ufo.

Also, here's a site with the turtle balloon and other much more complicated expensive looking ones.

Going to keep this site saved as a possible reference in the future, you never know.

www.balloonplanet.com...

[edit on 23-5-2009 by pop_science]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
this one is amazing

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyfrompain

WTF is that thing???

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join