It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Scouts Train to Become Homeland Gestapo

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
The Boy Scouts (just think about their very name for a minute) since founding, have taught basic military principles, they had their little uniforms, they taught many outdoor skills, and provided these young men with a lot of knowledge and skills they would normally not be exposed to.

The Boy Scouts of today are not very much changed for several decades.

These are NOT our future Brownshirts.

They're kids.

since when did Boy Scouts teach us how to KILL PEOPLE?

Did you learn how to shoot a guy in the head in boy scouts?????!!!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jeffbagpiper

Okay, I'm a bit lost with this post jeffbagpiper.

I am one of the people defending the Boy Scouts of America here.

Like I've stated before, Scouting is a great program in it's own right.

They teach anything and everything someone might want to learn of their own volition.

It is an international organization as well and it teaches values to strengthen character.

I for one believe Alex Jones is blowing things out of proportion, he's got an agenda, and from day one I have never trusted him, not because of anything he says or does, but he smells like a poison-rat, set amongst the mice that the Piped-Piper of Hamlin is leading off to be run off a cliff.

I always trust my senses, they are finely tuned and honed to detect nonsense.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
reply to post by jeffbagpiper

Like I've stated before, Scouting is a great program in it's own right.

They teach anything and everything someone might want to learn of their own volition.

It is an international organization as well and it teaches values to strengthen character.

ya it was maybe 20+ years ago when we were kids

but now obviously it is essentially becoming a tool to train and brainwash kids into killing other humans

they did not teach our generation how to use guns and kill

no we simply learned survival techniques , like pitching a tent, hunting, making knots in rope, how to clean a wound etc

they never told us "Use guns and shoot terrorists!"

you are defending the boy scouts of yesterday, this is the new boy scouts where evil is allowed to run rampant (teachin kids to kill people they never met = evil)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I'm not going to get drawn into a long drawn-out posting-war with you on this particular statement.

The Boy Scouts of America do not teach children to kill.

The Explorer Program, is a branch of the Boy Scouts, the government utilizes to teach certain things about Government.

This means that it a seperate entity, within Boy Scouts, a branch, seperate, but similar.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
BSA is homophobic, and a self proclaimed 'religious organization.'
Mostly funded and operated by the LDS.

So they do, in fact, teach intolerance.
And religions never, ever, ever, brainwash, right?

Indoctrination is easy with young minds.
Get them distracted with knots and camp-outs, teach 'em fun stuff with guns.
Tell 'em who to hate.

The BSA today is NOT your Daddy's BSA.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is yet another sign of the upcoming Obama Fascist/communist government. We need to impeach this man before its to late.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

This is yet another sign of the upcoming Obama Fascist/communist government. We need to impeach this man before its to late.

Not sure how your comment falls into this, really. Unless you can show that all this started since Obama's taking office. I'm sure he's oblivious to this as he's got some other stuff on his mind right now.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

you can get those exact guns at wallmart. The explores aren't something they cooked up last night or anything. 60 years folks. I always wanted to join them because of the coed factor, but their weren't any posts in my home town, or even my part of the state for that matter.

The only place I have even seen active units has been at Indoor rock climbing gyms. Good for when al-qaeda wants to bum rush K-2,

----------------

As a scout, I would go to summer camp for a week each summer. I was lucky enough to go to Camp Raven Knob In NC. They had *GASP* a rifle, shotgun and Bow and arrow range. guess what we did there? Learn how to properly use those instruments.

The rifles were 22's if i remember correctly, and we shot at paper targets. The bows were compound and we aimed at a traditional Bow range cardboard block, and in my last year Shotgun merit badge was the best because we actually got to shoot at clays, Our favorite thing about that was seeing how low we could get the clay to the ground before obliterating it.

Maybe not the safest practice, but from my experiences it has been a far cry from how the media is portraying it.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1

Mostly funded and operated by the LDS.

The BSA today is NOT your Daddy's BSA.

Okay, are you now, or were you a Boy Scout?

The Boy Scouts of America are not "mostly" funded and operated by L.D.S..

While I will state that there are L.D.S. Unit's, they are a minority, so please check your facts.

Again, I am an adult Boy Scout leader, so I do know a thing or two.

"Mutters" about people who assume and don't fact check.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Mutter all you like. I will happily retract the 'mostly' part, however. If you would like to offer the exact percentage, I'd be so grateful.

Can you tell me that the BSA is not a religious organization?
Can you tell me that the LDS and Catholic Church are not the major contributors and influence over policy?
Can you tell me that all are welcome and there is no prejudice based on religious belief?
Can you?

Mutter away.

If you are a current member, you are definitely not blind to these things. You are tolerating them at least, actively promoting them at most.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
After reading this thread I coulda swore I heard a ton of ignores get created as those who are in scouting got a birds eye view of how far gone some of the others in this forum are.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Well I made a Scout Leader friend out of the deal. I meant no disrespect to Scouts, but the the story made me a little unsettled. Paramilitary training come on. I know this is the Explorers but what happened to Kum Ba Ya and campfires and general survival?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

S&F. We should have seen this coming.

Oh yeah. We did.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

And as a result of this article, I decided to become active in scouting again at my home troop. Hopefully maintaining the ideals and values that prevailed in scouting when I was active is high on the list of priorities for the adult leadership! I'm really sorry that it was an article like this that prompted me to take action, but at least I'm taking positive action.

Scouts was such a positive part of my life, during and after. I'm glad that I will be able to give back even a little portion of what I got from the program.

Now I'll have to see if I can still fit in those uniform slacks that have been in the drawer at my parents' house since '93...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
After reading this thread I coulda swore I heard a ton of ignores get created as those who are in scouting got a birds eye view of how far gone some of the others in this forum are.

If I may make a prediction, with increasing social unease from the economy, wars, etc., the split between views here is only going to widen, and the people that are so "far gone" may start going off to camps...

We're just starting to circle the drain; it'll get worse, you can trust me on that. What all these camps being built around the country are for, the way laws and the economy and media are being handled, and our youth, you can think it's all traditional American values or whatever you will, but to quite a few of us (especially on these forums) it's becoming increasingly clear whose historical footsteps we are taking. The best you could hope for is our paranoia. If we're right, everyone is screwed.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Two comments:

There was a time when I worked with some engineers from Russia. Among the fascinating stories they told of living in Russia (this was back in the 1980s), they told me that common perception in Russia of the Boy Scouts is that they are US survivalist training for children, sponsored by our government.

Secondly:

I cannot speak for all parts of the country, but in Idaho, the boy scouts ARE run by the LDS. In fact, my brother as a child, was harassed to the point of quiting for not being a mormon, not just by the other boys, but by the leaders as well.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

This makes me happy to hear, as well as timewalker considering me a friend as a result of this thread.

For people to go out and find out information for themselves is one of the best ways to find out fact from fiction.

By the way, cbianchi513, I like the tattoo within your avatar.

I see you're a fan of Roman history, like I am, but I prefer the Greeks more.

Roman and Greek history was my fascination as a child and teenager, I was always nose-deep in a book on history, or warfare, and battle-tactics, and learning violence as a last resort.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Looks like you just earned another friend...

BTW... If you like THAT tatt... check out my media page!

EDIT: also, glad to see that you finally changed your avatar to Xe... You in NC, IL, or out west?

[edit on 15/5/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

Two stars for you buddy. I'm glad that something positive is going to come from this thread and it might make some changes in someones life. I'm going to add you as a friend along with SpartanKingLeonidas as my two new friends from this thread that are in the Scouting world.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by timewalker]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

After having a conversation with cbianchi513 about the Fasces in his avatar via U2U, and him asking me if I was Blackwater (no, I never was, and never will be) I felt compelled to share these links with this thread.

Blackwater : Right-Wing Conservative America, Whether You Like It Or Not...

This first one I thrashed Blackwater up one side and down the other.

Blackwater : Left-Wing Liberal America, & Shifting Alliance, Leading Because It's For Our Future...

The second one I defended Blackwater, somewhat, minorly and in a small regard.

Now, here is where this ties in this particular thread, in regards to Boy Scouts, and the intrepid Alex Jones's InfoWars website calling them the "Gestapo Youth of Homeland Security".

I like the Boy Scouts of America, as well as the Explorer Program, but I saw the potential of Blackwater becoming worse than it was in Iraq as well as New Orleans, and that troubled me, and being aware of the fact that it is linked into Government through contracts, I do not want to see something like that, getting a Boy Scout program, as that really would be the "Gestapo Youth" in my opinion.

Imagine, mercenary-minded Boy Scouts, swagger-walking, shooting to kill.

I shudder at the very thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join