It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Scouts Train to Become Homeland Gestapo

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

You really ought to change the titles of those threads to read "Xe"...

You wouldn't want to make Mr. Prince angry.

EDIT: Too late, the phone's ringing and the caller ID says "Moycock, NC"... I'm so hosed.

[edit on 15/5/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513

You really ought to change the titles of those threads to read "Xe"...

You wouldn't want to make Mr. Prince angry.

Mr. Erik Prince can kiss my hairy,..."ATS Profile",

No, I see it as he changed his companies name, and now he is only a consultant for Xe, in order to shift policy, just like a politician.

I was for a time honored with the title of Blackwater Expert.

He changed the name, so I dropped the "Expert" title, and asked my avatar be changed to the "quick and sloppy cover-up" theme.

Ever notice his Bobby Kennedy haircut?
He's going for that role someday.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The Explorers have always been conservative, civic-oriented and semi-religious. They are no more a threat than Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts and the new civilian 'volunteer' corps Obama created.

The NYT and Jones are hardly the objective observers you seem to take them for.

This is a joke.

jw

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
reply to post by David_Reale

Explorer Posts can and do specialize in particular areas. Sort of like Sea Scouts etc. ... However, some do have a law enforcement theme etc.

I joined scouting at an early age and became an Eagle before leaving grade school. As a professional, I and my employers have sponsored or contributed to local Explorer posts.

There is nothing sinister in Scouting or in the Explorer programs. Many kids who would otherwise have had no direction, self confidence or ambition have benefited from the comaraderie and leadership skills these programs instill.

Just when this Country needs patriots and participating, educated citizens, we find charlatans and thieves mocking their faith, courage and strength.

People who are unfamiliar with the programs, and especially those who take the NYT and Alex Jones as the final word on any issue should try a little ambition themselves and do some 'exploring' and research of their own.

Maybe visit a jamboree or two and see what Scouting really is. Most will be too comfortable in their ignorance and safe in their paranoia.

This is becoming (has become?) a nation of sheep, afraid of the truth and willing to believe anyone who plays upon their fears.

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Wow, i can't help but think of The Spys from 1984.
Pretty chilling stuff, makes me wonder if they have a similar program here in Australia.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by David_Reale
Why would cops, or even SWAT officers need 40 mm grenade launchers to fight crime? As far as I know, it's not Sin City.

This is just whacko.

Law enforcement use 37mm launchers that look almost identical to the 40mm grenade launchers.

They are used for non lethal munitions, flares, and CS gas.

Civilians can legally purchase them for flare use.

Spikes Tactical 37MM Havoc Launcher
www.dpmsinc.com...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivzm
Wow, i can't help but think of The Spys from 1984.
Pretty chilling stuff, makes me wonder if they have a similar program here in Australia.

I supplied the international website link for Scouting in one post I did.

Here it is again :

World Organization of the Scout Movement

I have been to Australia three times but all of those times, I never saw their version of Boy Scouts.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Maybe the "Iraq War Vet" wouldn't be so disgruntled if, while he was in Iraq "protecting our freedoms" by killing people who have done nothing to harm Americans, the U.S. government wasn't allowing millions of illegal aliens to pour in and occupy vast swaths of his Nation, along with training Hispanic ex gang-members to become enforcers of the Zionist plan for America. i.e., Americans go to Iraq to kill Iraqis in their homes, while Mexicans and others are brought into the U.S. for the soon-to-come killing of AMERICANS in THEIR Homes. If you think these kids are being trained for Border Security work, ask yourself this: why have none of the U.S. administrations EVER secured the border and, if they have suddenly decided to do so, WHY wouldn't they just use people WHO ARE ALREADY ADULTS and ALREADY TRAINED to do so immediately?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Apparently more ATS'ers are jumping on Alex Jones's bandwagon.

Government Readies Youth Corps To Take On Vets

This is getting ridicoulous if you ask me.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Yeah, again I know it is a small cell of the Explorers program in SW US, but it does strike a nerve with some people obviously. I am all for the Scouts and the morals that they teach but I believe this splinter cell is going overboard. Battle hardened youth at 14???

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

Yeah, again I know it is a small cell of the Explorers program in SW US, but it does strike a nerve with some people obviously. I am all for the Scouts and the morals that they teach but I believe this splinter cell is going overboard. Battle hardened youth at 14???

I don't know about a "splinter cell" within Boy Scouts.

I know there's a video game called "Splinter Cell" which rocked though.

Yes, it strikes a nerve, but at what cost?

People attacking young children for being involved within a program, is not kosher with me.

I will rail against Government because of my understanding and education of the system, but never ever attack the youth, that's just ignorant.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The "if your not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about" attitude is overwhelming.

Well if you aren't doing anything wrong you don't have to worry. Does this mean I agree with some of the tactics the US government uses, NO. But I think saying that Boyscouts are being trained as "Gestapo" is not only a bash on a great and long standing organization but a bash on the children themselves.

How do you think we should protect ourselves from terrorism? Do you think we should not train individuals to protect us from the real "Gestapo" terrorists that have no moral value or care for human life, not even their own? It is unfortunate that terrorism exists like it does, but do to that we must take a new approach that might require different tactics, do you really think we can defeat them by the old rules of war? Hell we are not even fighting a damn country!

This is all relevant IMHO because this post was about the Boyscouts of America and calling them "Gestapo", which is a word associated with the NAZI "police" if you don't know. I agree that the US is in bad shape and makes some bad choices but singling these kids out is wrong. This obviously shows no respect (not directed at OP but source of info) for human life to make this kind of statement to a great and long standing organization. The source apparently is no better then terrorist as he is singling out his own type of "infidel".

I am not going to get involved in this thread as I stay away from political threads but I felt I must say this.~Justin

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

What I mean is that this small Explorer group is affiliated with the BSA. It has tarnished the BSA IMHO. I would lay blame on the organizers of the group, not the kids. The kids think it is exciting. I can understand that. What kid would not want to play real war games? I would. We did when we were young, I too painted my water guns black and , BANG BANG GOT YOU!!! But our parents were not stopping us and saying, no your doing it all wrong. Let me teach you some real kill tactics soldier.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

What I mean is that this small Explorer group is affiliated with the BSA. It has tarnished the BSA IMHO. I would lay blame on the organizers of the group, not the kids. The kids think it is exciting. I can understand that. What kid would not want to play real war games? I would. We did when we were young, I too painted my water guns black and , BANG BANG GOT YOU!!! But our parents were not stopping us and saying, no your doing it all wrong. Let me teach you some real kill tactics soldier.

I played war as a child, realistically so, to point of reading about tactics, history of war, and reading, leraning, and living the Art of War.

To me, I was acting the "Be Prepared" that I was taught by my stepfather who was a Marine.

Does that make me a bad person?

No.

I abhor war, because of the violence, because of politicians getting fat off of young men going to war, while widows and mothers bury their children.

I remember the saying about war the best as follows.

To desire peace, one must prepare for war.

I am prepared for war, but seek peace, at all times.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I respect your opinion, but IMHO we have the military and police for that. I think training at an age when their minds are a bit more developed is a better idea. Again it was not my intention to try to bash the children. I think the developers of this program are to blame for molding young minds into warriors, not the kids having fun.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewolf60

Hi,
Welcome to ATS.

I read your post.

Do you know something that everybody else doesn't know?

If what you said is true, it's a scary thought.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Some Boy Scouts actually make it the highest office in America.

The Eagle Scout President : Gerald Ford

I've had many issues with the entire essence of the President, but rarely did I see anything wrong with Gerald Ford.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I might add also that everyone might want to watch "Body of Lies" starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Russel Crow. It is an accurate account of the terror situation IMO. Not everything has to be a conspiracy, when in fact the real conspiracy remains unknown.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Does that make me a bad person? No.

NO. It does not. This whole thing is getting a bit out of hand. SKL I respect your opinion, but we might just have to agree to disagree on this one. Frankly I don't know how to feel about this. I am for security, we cannot be not prepared, but the kids training like this was just a bit shocking too me. I just think they should be worrying more about puberty and the stuff kids do. People are brought in different backgrounds...that's all I can say.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Ooops...Someone beat me to it! Oh well. What disturbs me most about this article is the scenario---'disgruntled vet'. The training itself is not that odd. I was in the US Marshall's Explorers years ago and USMC JROTC and we did all sorts of training.

For me, it's the message it sends. Sieg Heil Heir Obama!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join