It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Scouts Train to Become Homeland Gestapo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMaster

I know that they have these programs on Marine, Army and Airforce bases as well.

Yeah... It's called "sea cadets"... Not the Explorer scouts. There's a difference. A BIG one.

This is one of the reasons that I do not listen to Infowars or Alex Jones. I usual take all sources with a grain of salt-but this time it really ticks me off!

I know that the infowars article has a serious slant, but what about the MSM NYTimes article? That's where AJ got the info in the first place!

Like I said, I absolutely LOVE scouting... It's one of the great memories of my youth. I understand and accept that the Explorer program is a vocational one.

If you're objective, you'll realize this is taking the issue WAY too far.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowMaster

Take it up with the New York Times. Don't shoot the messenger.

NY Times

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

No, I was not in a post... I know that Explorer posts have been around for a long time... Like I said, they were there when I was active, up until '93... So I knew they were there.

Most of the posts I knew of were more geared towards forestry, conservation, that sort of thing... Not becoming jackboot wearing "L"EO's...

Are these the kids that will grow up to kick a non-resistant suspect in the head next?

Methinks so, if things keep going the way they are going.

Like I said, even my home council saw the "Hitler youth" potential in this.

I understand you are biased. It's ok to agree to disagree.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
yes, the New York Times is the source for the Infowars story for those not paying attention..........................

[edit on 5/14/2009 by LiveFreeOrDie..]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This is SUCH B.S.! When I was in the Boy Scouts we never got ANYTHING like this! These little fudgers get to play with MP-5's practicing breaching and get the Search and Destroy Badge? WTF! Not fair NOT FAIR!

I "got" to sell freaking popcorn and tie knots.

And ANOTHER thing these kids get pow pow powerwheels power makes em go that look like jeeps and sports cars. I GOT my brothers hand me down bike! RRRAAAGGGEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I hadn't seen anyone mention this. I clicked on the link on the left of the NYT article to see a slideshow of pics to go with the article.

I found the pic with them using a simulated rifle with grenade launcher attached interesting. (pic5)

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveFreeOrDie..

I saw that too... It's like a hybrid assault rifle with an M203??? Looks like MILES gear... They looked plugged, but still... These are KIDS!

[edit on 14/5/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Why would cops, or even SWAT officers need 40 mm grenade launchers to fight crime? As far as I know, it's not Sin City.

This is just whacko.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Let me take us back 50 years ago when my brother, our friends and I had BB guns.

We lived in the country so we had plenty of room to hide and chase each other and shoot and capture the enemy. Playing cops and robbers was fun too.

By the time we kids were walking and able to hold a 22 rifle we were target practising and hunting birds and squirrel.

Many of those same friends died in Viet Nam.

Now lets move on up to when the paint ball gun was marketed. This was a great time when we could go to an area and fight against our own children and grand children. Children have play fought since there were first children in the world.

I am glad to see that the proper way to handle a weapon may be taught to the children of today when their fathers , if he's on the scene, have to work two jobs just to keep food on the table.

I am also happy to see pride in our country being taught.

If it was within my power I would have every child in the Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts.

Maybe it would be better to have the latch key children on their own after school free to learn how to handle a weapon from the local gang or bad boy. I think not.

You can dream of lollipops and daisies all day if you want to. But the reality is that there are neighborhoods in inner cities where even the police don't tread.

The Boy Scouts teach honor, integrity and love of country and family.
We sure need more of that.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Honor, Integrity and Love of Country and Family have been replaced with Crowd Control, Room Clearing, Taser Instruction and T Zone Cranial shot take downs.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

I don't see any of those in the scout oath or scout law... Did your troop have those? I know, rhetorical question...

Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Curteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent... THOSE are words to live by.

This post's law must also include some "extras".

Like I said, my troop was pretty paramilitary... We even used to cadence on hikes sometimes, but we never went any further than some wicked night time games of "capture the flag".

Seriously, this is one of the last straws... This country is turning to rot.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
If you think THATS bad you should see the Girl Scout RC Plane Predator UAV Hellfire Badge!

Cha CHING!

BAMMMM!

ZIIINNGGG!!!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveFreeOrDie..
yes, the New York Times is the source for the Infowars story for those not paying attention..........................

You are saying that like you believe the NYT's is a legitimate news source.

That is hilarious!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The way I understand it, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that the Boy Scouts and the Explorers program are related but separate entities. So while the Scouts are still all about the wilderness, knot-tying and survival skills, this Explorers program is teaching kids how to take down armed adults.

Is it just me since I only recently read "1984", or did anyone else have visions of the Spies when they read the article? Especially in light of Obama's proposed civilian security force?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Get them when they're young! I saw this on Prison planet today , man no words can describe!!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

I wished I could have been in an Explorer program where I could have learned how to kill people. It would have come in handy.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
To put this in perspective, it was Nazi youth who populated the bunkers at Normandy during the D-Day invasion. Think of what a resource a bunch of kids brainwashed from a very young age could be to the US government.

Sickening, that's right.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
For the love of Gawwwwd,

How can you see a story like this and explain it away as "normal" when its pure NAZI crap??ALEX JONES IS RIGHT!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
The Boy Scouts (just think about their very name for a minute) since founding, have taught basic military principles, they had their little uniforms, they taught many outdoor skills, and provided these young men with a lot of knowledge and skills they would normally not be exposed to.

The Boy Scouts of today are not very much changed for several decades.

These are NOT our future Brownshirts.

They're kids.

We disagree on much, but not on this.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This sickens me. Back in the day, I had my first acid trip on an explorer outing. Now they would hog tie me and turn me over to the real terrorists.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join