It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama warns Netanyahu: Don't surprise me with Iran strike

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
reply to post by Sky watcher

Out of curiosity do you know the name of the area were this battle is going to take place ?

They will be destroyed as they enter the Beka valley. Israel will never ever be defeated in battle ever again say God. The Arrow anti-ballistic missile system and Iron Dome is truly prophetic as they will keep Israel safe as she is allowed to unleash hell on the aggressors.

www.tribulation.com...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
What we have learned from how Israel operates, is that they can always advantageously surprise the opposite side. They make moves to give the appearance they are readying for something, and come in from a different direction.

If Iran has picked that up, maybe Israel will outwit them and do what it says
it will, this one time.

Iran has shown it doesn't want a direct confrontation with anyone. How they third-party things in Iraq, Gaza, Lebanon, confirms this. When they sent a special small force into Gaza to demonstrate their military acumen, Israelis wiped it out.

Iran can only bluff. Their air force cannot deliver as they claim, and everyone knows it. So lots of chest-thumping and fist-shaking from them.

The Israelis might be wisely provoking them so they make a rash first move.
Maybe the US wants this.

It's a complex game of wits for now.

Mike

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

You sure can wear folks down that way.

Feint after feint after feint, for days on end, and eventually the other side is exhausted from the tension alone.

After a while, they relax as there's a lot of activity but nothing is really happening.

And just when you have them looking in the other direction, you take out the back of their head.

And the Iranians?

Very emotional people. They excite very easily. They fear much. They can be emotionally manipulated to overreaction, and then exhaustion.

Good things to know.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
"IF" ....... this is true, Obama is only asking for a courtesy call first.

Go read the top headline at Fox News - the Presidents Administration is very busy watching the disintegration of Pakistan. If it starts to look like Pakistan is going to fall into Islamic terrorists hands - it's very possible the U.S. will step in and secure their nuclear arsenal and then there would undoubtedly be a mass movement of troops into the area.

We would then be dealing with three fronts (Iraq, Afghanistan & Pakistan) and a courtesy call would most definately be needed because of the complexity and fluidity of all these ongoing problems.

Securing nukes & preventing nukes so nukes can't be detonated is the name of the game.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Today is May 14th. ISRAEL STILL EXISTS!!!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Destroy the entire region. Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Syria...burn them all to the ground. Pig after pig, cow after cow, villiage after village. Turn the entire region into a flaming nuclear inferno. It is a festering tumor on the face of the planet, an abomination. A weeping sore, an open sewer. Utterly lay waste to it: Both sides, Israeli, Persian, and Arab alike. Tear the whole stinking, filty obscenity from the crust of the earth.

Yeah, we haven't had a good genocide in a while. Let's just eradicate millions of innocent men, women and children because they're leaders are prideful zealots and fanatics.

If a nations people deserve to be murdered for their leaders actions, or even statements, then those of us living in the US are all living on borrowed time.

Sorry, I can't avoid getting personal in response to your post. It simply makes me sick. You're just like the leaders who are responsible for the current situation in the middle east. You don't care about being right, you just want to be the toughest kid on the block. Just like Israel, just like Iran. Saddam was this way, so were Bush and Cheney, as is Kim Jong Il. The human race cannot evolve until people like you quit thinking the way you do. You're very quick to put your misplaced pride in front of the lives of millions of innocent people. Does the name Hitler mean anything to you? Sounds like you may have been him in a past life.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

i couldnt put it better myself!!

you are respected in my eyes! *clap*

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
America cannot be surprised, lol. The amount of spying america does on everyone and you guys believe this rubbish.

America has created this massive grid to watch everything they can, and do not say they do not watch the israel military, no matter what your opinion is on israel and usa friendship.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I hope this isn't some kind of code where he's giving the go ahead of the strike. I really don't trust any of these guys and feel they're poised to continue this nightmare until the entire world is a smoking blackened ruin with nearly every child dead or orphaned.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
When Israel struck the Osirak reactor in Iraq, most of Reagan's cabinet had a real problem with Israel.

When it was bombed, one of the buttnuggests ran in and told President Reagan, I think, expecting rage.

Reagan smiled and said, "Well, boys will be boys,"

US intelligence didn't pick that one up.

I'm sure US pilots and AWACs operators have been given the instruction to not report in the clear anything they may see as originating from Israel headed east.

Unless Israel has been given the IFF codes. Do they still use those?

[edit on 14-5-2009 by dooper]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

In 1973, the Soviets had replaced everything, and once again, the Egyptians felt confident, as everything holy indicated a quick victory.

Israel has something their enemies don't.

Cool determination, execution, superior planning, and SMARTS.

Negative.

in '73 Egyptian Frogmen were just about to land on Israeli shores for the final push to Victory

That is when Tricky Dick Nixon intervened to stop the war.

Sadat stated that he would not fight Americans and that was that.

With out outside help from America Israel is as good as toast.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cunnobar the Slayer

In 1973, the Soviets had replaced everything, and once again, the Egyptians felt confident, as everything holy indicated a quick victory.

Israel has something their enemies don't.

Cool determination, execution, superior planning, and SMARTS.

Negative.

in '73 Egyptian Frogmen were just about to land on Israeli shores for the final push to Victory

That is when Tricky Dick Nixon intervened to stop the war.

Sadat stated that he would not fight Americans and that was that.

With out outside help from America Israel is as good as toast.

WOW Saddam is that you? Only he could come up with a story like that, You know like where he defeated America in 1991. Egypt could never beat Israel and Sadat had the brains to come to that conclusion. The Soviet Union was to chicken Pooh to take on Israel and America even though they had all the Arabs on their side lol. Why? Because the Bible tells how well they will do in that attempt.

If that little weasel Medvedev or Putin think they can do better this time, Be my guest.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Obama who?

He doesn't mean a damn thing to me or Israel!

The Mossad Rules your mama!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cunnobar the Slayer

It was the Soviets were again screaming for a ceasefire as the Egyptian Third Army was cut off, Israel was on the West side of the Suez, they were threatening both Egypt's and Syria's capitals, and in place to attack the entire rear area of the Egyptian supply and admin areas.

The Soviets airlifted gobs of equipment and 40,000 Marines in and threatened to enter the war on the side of Egypt, when the US went to DefCon three, and let it be known that if the Soviets joined in, the US would join Israel.

That's about the time it ended.

Something here just suggests that a handful of frogmen, weren't going to make much difference.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by dooper

There is no love lost between the Persians and the Arabs they are two distinct cultures born of two separate continental land masses and ethnic heritages.

Yet I think what is really to be exploited here are the religious passions involved which might bind otherwise disparate parties to take a semi or fully united response.

I see this as the objective in Iran. Militarily they can at least for a brief period block the strategically narrow mouth of the Persian Gulf even if it’s with the bombed hulks of their Navy, hastily laid mines and other prized and scuttled or destroyed commercial vessels that can be easily targeted at the onset of hostilities.

It took a very long time to clear the Shatt al-Arab Waterway after the war between Iraq and Iran. Conceivably even in a war went quickly and completely bad for the Iranians they could still easily deny passage of the Gulf for realistically a month after clean up began to make it completely safe for Super Oil Tankers again.

Buddy I smell a fortune to be made in oil futures here! Ka-Ching…

Now you know why the Iranians are such good friends and why we really won’t go hard on them if they just do us that one little favor when we “Stage” the battle after making sure all the circumstances to enjoin one have been properly “Staged” first.

Now if it goes down and they do go in, look for it to play out exactly like that. Short war, not much damage, Gulf blocked, heightened tensions in the region calling for greater military spending, buildup and mobilization, rising religious tensions, and for the Russians to step up there presence too. We can always use the Russians to keep a lid on things enough to justify not actually really prosecuting the war to it’s fullest to keep those oil prices up for a while. People still have too much money! The masses have to be impoverished a bit more before the next move on the board.

I am betting that’s just the way it will play.

I dont understand how you got as many stars i you have now, but Persians and Arabs are the same people, they are not different, they are from Abraham. You really need to read your history bro.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Destroy the entire region. Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Syria...burn them all to the ground. Pig after pig, cow after cow, villiage after village. Turn the entire region into a flaming nuclear inferno. It is a festering tumor on the face of the planet, an abomination. A weeping sore, an open sewer. Utterly lay waste to it: Both sides, Israeli, Persian, and Arab alike. Tear the whole stinking, filty obscenity from the crust of the earth.

I don't know what's more disturbing: knowing that someone would actually think like this or seeing how many stars you got for that crap of a post.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rakillah

rak, you need to take it up with the Persians and the Arabs.

They'll both tell you that Persians are not of the same blood as Arabs, and Arabs will tell you quite plainly that they are not the same blood as Persians.

Persians, or modern Iranians, think Arabs are dumbasses. They hate Arabs, but they have no problem sending Arab Muslims rockets and munitions to fight Israelis, representative of a Jewish nation.

I think you have confused the shared bloodline of Abraham, which would be shared by both Arabs and Jews.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Well look here in America and abroad, we African Americans make the same assumptions about us and the Africans.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rakillah

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by dooper

There is no love lost between the Persians and the Arabs they are two distinct cultures born of two separate continental land masses and ethnic heritages.

Yet I think what is really to be exploited here are the religious passions involved which might bind otherwise disparate parties to take a semi or fully united response.

I see this as the objective in Iran. Militarily they can at least for a brief period block the strategically narrow mouth of the Persian Gulf even if it’s with the bombed hulks of their Navy, hastily laid mines and other prized and scuttled or destroyed commercial vessels that can be easily targeted at the onset of hostilities.

It took a very long time to clear the Shatt al-Arab Waterway after the war between Iraq and Iran. Conceivably even in a war went quickly and completely bad for the Iranians they could still easily deny passage of the Gulf for realistically a month after clean up began to make it completely safe for Super Oil Tankers again.

Buddy I smell a fortune to be made in oil futures here! Ka-Ching…

Now you know why the Iranians are such good friends and why we really won’t go hard on them if they just do us that one little favor when we “Stage” the battle after making sure all the circumstances to enjoin one have been properly “Staged” first.

Now if it goes down and they do go in, look for it to play out exactly like that. Short war, not much damage, Gulf blocked, heightened tensions in the region calling for greater military spending, buildup and mobilization, rising religious tensions, and for the Russians to step up there presence too. We can always use the Russians to keep a lid on things enough to justify not actually really prosecuting the war to it’s fullest to keep those oil prices up for a while. People still have too much money! The masses have to be impoverished a bit more before the next move on the board.

I am betting that’s just the way it will play.

I dont understand how you got as many stars i you have now, but Persians and Arabs are the same people, they are not different, they are from Abraham. You really need to read your history bro.

I had to tell him to learn his history in the region on another thread about the Israeli/Iranian possible conflict a week or so back. He seems to have forgotten that Russia has gone into Iran in the interests of self defense before.

Don't waste your breath. He's convinced that he's right and he won't let the facts (or history) get in his way now.

Russia and China will back Iran if the Israelis go after Iran. The US is overextended and will not be able to repel an alliance like that one that need only march across paved roads in order to make their fighting positions.

I think the US is very much aware of this too and hence Obama's warning on not getting the Sh@#t kicked out of the US trying to defend it's best lobby interests (campaign contributers).

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

reply to post by rakillah

rak, you need to take it up with the Persians and the Arabs.

They'll both tell you that Persians are not of the same blood as Arabs, and Arabs will tell you quite plainly that they are not the same blood as Persians.

Persians, or modern Iranians, think Arabs are dumbasses. They hate Arabs, but they have no problem sending Arab Muslims rockets and munitions to fight Israelis, representative of a Jewish nation.

I think you have confused the shared bloodline of Abraham, which would be shared by both Arabs and Jews.

Oh no.....you need to look a little hard my friend. Yes, they share the same with jews, but also the Persians and Arabs too. I already gave you examples. You need to look up the fathers of the fathers, not what some "book" that gives you "their" summaries.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by rakillah]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join