It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama warns Netanyahu: Don't surprise me with Iran strike

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Obama warns Netanyahu: Don't surprise me with Iran strike

www.haaretz.com

U.S. President Barack Obama has sent a message to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu demanding that Israel not surprise the U.S. with an Israeli military operation against Iran. The message was conveyed by a senior American official who met in Israel with Netanyahu, ministers and other senior officials. Earlier, Netanyahu's envoy visited Washington and met with National Security Adviser James Jones and with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.presstv.ir

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 5/13/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Moving from operation Cast Lead to operation Joint Lead...

Indeed it will be mess for US Navy, if they would see the news from their radar screens... Iran has give their stance clear, and they knows the truth - There is not just Israel in this game.

Recent days has been full of warnings... How close we are?

- Iran has moved missile launchers ( Reports )
- Drills are under way in Israel
- Syria and Lebanon has gathered behind Iran
- Continuing warmongering from Israeli media and government

Few related news from this day:

"Iran's Bushehr NPP no threat to its neighbors - experts"
en.rian.ru...

"Cheney in Manhattan: 'A giant conspiracy' on Iran"
www.politico.com...

"Crisis of confidence in US-Israel ties"
www.atimes.com...

"A new fight over the Iran 'threat'"
www.atimes.com...

Egypt conflicts with Israel over 'Iran threat'

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak makes it clear that Cairo and Tel Aviv have an entirely different standpoint when it comes to Iran.

In a Wednesday interview with Israel TV, Mubarak sought to distance himself from Tel Aviv's perception of a so-called "Iranian threat", saying Egypt's views on Iran do not chime with those of Israel.

www.presstv.ir...

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-5-2009 by JanusFIN]

[edit on 5/13/2009 by semperfortis]

+4 more 
posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well, the message is clear. Don't surprise the US with an attack on Iran.
So somehow, the Israeli government will take this to mean it's okay to attack Iran. I jest, but maybe this isn't far off the mark.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Destroy the entire region. Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Syria...burn them all to the ground. Pig after pig, cow after cow, villiage after village. Turn the entire region into a flaming nuclear inferno. It is a festering tumor on the face of the planet, an abomination. A weeping sore, an open sewer. Utterly lay waste to it: Both sides, Israeli, Persian, and Arab alike. Tear the whole stinking, filty obscenity from the crust of the earth.

Yikes!!! Yep, a one line post. Do I really need to say more?

Mod Note: One Line Post - Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/13/09 by niteboy82]

+9 more 
posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Destroy the entire region. Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Syria...burn them all to the ground. Pig after pig, cow after cow, villiage after village. Turn the entire region into a flaming nuclear inferno. It is a festering tumor on the face of the planet, an abomination. A weeping sore, an open sewer. Utterly lay waste to it: Both sides, Israeli, Persian, and Arab alike. Tear the whole stinking, filty obscenity from the crust of the earth.

Dick Cheney, is that you?

Mod Note: One Line Post - Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/13/09 by niteboy82]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
More news related to topic... Warmongering keeps going every single day:

IAF practicing MIG-29/F-16 dogfights

An additional experiment conducted recently by the air force involved loading an F-16 with weapons to its utmost capacity, or "flight in a heavy formation," as the test pilot labeled it. The experiment was meant to measure the pilot's safety and the fighter's capability when it was carrying the maximum amount of armaments.

A jet so armed might be used in a long-distance sortie. The pilots interviewed would not name which foreign countries might be the targets of such sorties, but it was clear the main target of such an ambitious mission would be Iran's nuclear installations.

www.jpost.com...

IAF commander: Iron Dome system will be deployed in 2010
www.jpost.com...

'Abdullah to relay message from Assad'
www.ynetnews.com...

RELATED TO:
Lebanon Says Will Work With Syria 'To Confront Suspicious Israeli Schemes'
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-5-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well alright, since we all live in a world where everything is obviously turned upside down or...for some reason the blood doesn't rush to my head and cause me to pass out because it's just me turned upside down...

Obama has just given the Green Light to ratchet up the Religious Wars.

I sure am glad I am not religious!

I sure worry that so many people are.

I am declaring myself nuetral and asking that all warring parties please not target anything within 50 square feet of me which I promise to harbor no person in either camp during the duration of your hostilities.

I am happy to give you precise GPS coordinates of this declared Neutral Terrain and am prepared to sign Treaties to this effect.

Additionaly please if you could, should any of your warfare cause littering to the closest beach from those coordinates I would greatly appreciate it if you have the courtesy to pick up any and all litter after utilizing it.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Why do i get the feeling that the U.S. wants nothing do with Iran and are more focused on the Pakistan region. Lets not forget that Turkey has been having some high level talks in the past months. Also Israel last flight mission was with mid air refuel and into Greece's air space.

So i think the U.S. more or less said to Israel, you start it, make sure you finish it, we have way too many issues to deal with at this moment. If you look at it from a logistics stand point the U.S. is in too many areas at this current moment. Whatever happens, its not looking good.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

You have no idea how beautiful some of these places are.

The beauty of Tehran, Iran:
www.360cities.net...
www.360cities.net...
www.soheil-jahanbakhsh.de...
ivmp.files.wordpress.com...
media.photobucket.com...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Leto

Parts of Orlando Florida look good in post cards, but I would not be dismayed if Orlando got nuked into the ground.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
IF Israel decides to visit Iran, I doubt that Lebanon and Syria are going to do anything but spout off criticism.

Unless Iran has paid someone lots and lots of money.

And even then, they must ask themselves; Just how many ass-kickings are we in the mood for?

Israel can handle things against Iran quite well alone. Some of their ECM capability is better than ours.

And Israel doesn't have to worry about an Iraqi Air Force.

The dumbest thing Iran can do is start firing at US ship or tankers in transit in the Persian Gulf. Then US air will have to engage. And the US has Air to Spare.

The Arab states will of course publicly raise hell, but with a lot of winks behind the scenes.

Even they fear a nuclear Iran.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Just let me know first so I can buy future contracts in oil to pay for my gas bills.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

There is no love lost between the Persians and the Arabs they are two distinct cultures born of two separate continental land masses and ethnic heritages.

Yet I think what is really to be exploited here are the religious passions involved which might bind otherwise disparate parties to take a semi or fully united response.

I see this as the objective in Iran. Militarily they can at least for a brief period block the strategically narrow mouth of the Persian Gulf even if it’s with the bombed hulks of their Navy, hastily laid mines and other prized and scuttled or destroyed commercial vessels that can be easily targeted at the onset of hostilities.

It took a very long time to clear the Shatt al-Arab Waterway after the war between Iraq and Iran. Conceivably even in a war went quickly and completely bad for the Iranians they could still easily deny passage of the Gulf for realistically a month after clean up began to make it completely safe for Super Oil Tankers again.

Buddy I smell a fortune to be made in oil futures here! Ka-Ching…

Now you know why the Iranians are such good friends and why we really won’t go hard on them if they just do us that one little favor when we “Stage” the battle after making sure all the circumstances to enjoin one have been properly “Staged” first.

Now if it goes down and they do go in, look for it to play out exactly like that. Short war, not much damage, Gulf blocked, heightened tensions in the region calling for greater military spending, buildup and mobilization, rising religious tensions, and for the Russians to step up there presence too. We can always use the Russians to keep a lid on things enough to justify not actually really prosecuting the war to it’s fullest to keep those oil prices up for a while. People still have too much money! The masses have to be impoverished a bit more before the next move on the board.

I am betting that’s just the way it will play.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

i must admit there's not a single peaceloving secular stable democracy in that region...most of the arab states are cowardly pussy and hypocrite about this Iran situation.they bark to Israel about palestine or iran but do nothing about it and would love to see a nuclear Iran go up in smoke ..and History has taught Israel to be tough, they're getting good at it being a bully and i don't blame them..Hopefully Turkey will back them probably their most trustworthy ally (in the regio)

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

lay waste to the cradle of civilization? Who gives a person the right to make a judgment like that?

Destroy it and replace it with what? Who could stand on that land without feeling guilt and unworthiness? Who deserves to stand on land more than the people presently standing on it?

Just leave it as dust? Why? A pile of dust will never be more beneficial to humanity than a human will. Any human.

+3 more 
posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

David Duke...is that you?

Or maybe Hitler? I thought he was dead...maybe i'm wrong.

We could take the survivors and put them in concentration camps and make them our slaves.

You managed to make one of the most disgusting posts I've ever seen.

Congratulations.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The excerpt from the article that I find very interesting is this one:

It may be assumed that Obama is disturbed by the positions Netanyahu expressed before his election vis-a-vis Tehran - for example, Netanyahu's statement that "If elected I pledge that Iran will not attain nuclear arms, and that includes whatever is necessary for this statement to be carried out." After taking office, on Holocaust Memorial Day Netanyahu said: "We will not allow Holocaust-deniers to carry out another holocaust."

The author claims that it may be ASSUMED that Obama is disturbed by the positions Bibbi took before his election!
Think about how ridiculous that statement is.
Obama made several hundred promises before the election that he had no intention of keeping. He's broken so many promises, that most people have stopped counting.
Obama knows very well that promises of candidates aren't worth anything, as he has well demonstrated. The author should come up with another explanation, because this one doesn't hold any water!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well, so much for the element of surprise Israel would have had!

Israel wants to bomb Iran's nuclear facilities - I say let them. There's a lot of resentment by younger Iranians of their hate-mongering government, an attack from Israel against the Iran's military and nuke facilities might just precipitate an Iranian civil war.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Iran is going to get stomped. Syria is going to try sneak attack on Israel. Damascus will get crapped on.

Iran cries for help. Russia swoops down through Georgia and Turkey to take on Israel . . .

The end is nigh

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join