It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama warns Netanyahu: Don't surprise me with Iran strike

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Sorry silenthunter but you should stay away from Hollywood films, now that thats out the way back to the post.

I feel there will be a regional strike, but in no way similar to the scenarios i have been reading about using nukes. People you must understand that any nations who uses nukes in the european or middle eastern region will be attacked and dissected like a lab rat from every nation. Nato will not hold back and could not hold back the rage from the people occupying the surrounding regions.

Just curious, but does anyone understand the implications of a nuke strike within that region. Its nothing like your conventional weapons that everyone has been used to seeing through the media. Sure we all express our views and others their madness through posts on various sites, but you need to sit back and think of how and why one would attempt suicide.

I do not think that attacking Iran will be similar to the likes of when they attacked Egypt who allegedly had one of the biggest land tank units in the middle east. What people failed to be informed about was that their so called tanks were outdated twenty years and the battle plans used were from the horse back riding era.

Moving on to the recent events between Lebanon, well Lebanon is only made up of an urban army with some impressive urban battle strategies. Something which the U.S. study vigorously during the mini skirmish between Lebanon and Israel. Point being is that Lebanon has no tactical army which poses a threat to destabilizing the Israeli chain of command, that being its Military or Political infrastructure.

We now come to the recent Israel and Palestine events, Israel military learned its lesson from Lebanon on how important it is to distinguish urban intelligence and counter intelligence on prime and secondary targets. We all witnessed strike after strike that they were dissecting particular pockets of the Palestine military infrastructure, which eventually led them to achieve their prime goal.

You may ask yourself, why am i mentioning two variables and Israel, well its very simple, both nations had no air,naval,ground cover to assert anything other than double digit deaths for Israel. So the scales were already tipped in favor.

However, now the scales are even, both nations poses equal in their own respect forces to create far more devastation than what we have seen in comparison to Palestine and Lebanon. What's alarming to many analysts is that there are officially two nations who will act as combined forward outposts in surgical strikes directly affecting the civil population with a goal in destabilizing the political infrastructure.

That would leave both nations to go . to . on a military level. What could the outcome be, well no one is guaranteeing anything at this moment. The only assurance that Israel has from the U.S. is that it will not allow Israel to be erased from the World Map. But that does leave the option of giving back what has originally caused the middle eastern crisis to begin with. The occupation of land which was taken by force with the blessing of the then political poker cards at hand.

There are those deep within the system who see this as a blessing in disguise. " Killing two birds with one stone".

Most people on this site and in other sites have seen what is absolutely correct, the next and not too distant major threat is not the Russians, but the Chinese. The Russians have achieved their status as world power and no one is denying them of that nor could they ecen if they wanted to. Its the emerging Chinese that has attracted the bald eagles eye.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Well, I can see my post above has riled some people up.

And its not entirely the fault of the people who live there, either...its as much our fault as it is theirs, if not more.

Actually in this day and age you would expect from a country or a region (such as the EU) to have a feeling and policy towards self determination , peace, freedom and equality for all..This region has no signs of that at all, most countries have waged war with Israel so many times makes you ill..countries which do not wage wars[and the ones that do) anymore have human rights and corporal punishments towards women in particular we didn't even had in the dark ages (let alone towards gay people).. Theocracies in the most fascist form, it is a tumor started in Saudi Arabia with mutations in Iran and Afghanistan, and we get infected by it.. we've experienced it in Madrid, London and even a little in Amsterdam with brutally murders on free artists[and those are no false flags!]..There is nothing beautifull about it, and yes Persia was beautifull, Afghanistan too untill this cancer mutated its beautifull cells..

To come back ontopic"don't surprise me" sounds pretty diplomatic, it could also mean, Do consult us before you attack..
And about the Shanghai Corporation Organisation, you really think CHina will deploy ground troops through central Asia countries such Turkmenistan (not SCO member) Pakistan or Afghanistan? And Russia, if they put one boot onto Turkish soil they'll get slapped so silly its not even funny, don't forget Turkey has the largest standing army of Europe.Only thing they can do are airlifts or airraids, not a smart thing to do against the IAF or the Turkish airforce, respectively one of the experienced and oldest/largest airforces in the world..

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Foppezao]

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

You do realize that Russia and Turkey are getting to be kind of close . . .

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao

And about the Shanghai Corporation Organisation, you really think CHina will deploy ground troops through central Asia countries such Turkmenistan (not SCO member) Pakistan or Afghanistan? And Russia, if they put one boot onto Turkish soil they'll get slapped so silly its not even funny, don't forget Turkey has the largest standing army of Europe.Only thing they can do are airlifts or airraids, not a smart thing to do against the IAF or the Turkish airforce, respectively one of the experienced and oldest/largest airforces in the world..

The SCO doesnt want any strike on Iran because they get alot of their Oil from there.

China and Russia will certainly respond if there is some type of strike on Iran. What the exact nature of that Response will be is anybodies guess but it is likely they will increase arms sales to Syria and even airlift some of their troops to Syria. After that there may be more Escalations.

The real story though is that this will signal that there is a war occuring between Zionist Khabbalist Magicians vs. the Red Dragon Order Secret Society and that is what Conspiracy Theorists need to really keep an eye on.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cunnobar the Slayer

The SCO doesnt want any strike on Iran because they get alot of their Oil from there.

China and Russia will certainly respond if there is some type of strike on Iran. What the exact nature of that Response will be is anybodies guess but it is likely they will increase arms sales to Syria and even airlift some of their troops to Syria. After that there may be more Escalations.

The real story though is that this will signal that there is a war occuring between Zionist Khabbalist Magicians vs. the Red Dragon Order Secret Society and that is what Conspiracy Theorists need to really keep an eye on.

Don't you mean the green and red societies?, the red dragon society is a new york university club just like skull and bones..

www.ancienthistoricalsociety.org...

btw have people thought about Ahmadinejad statements that he thinks he 's the "jockey" of the Mahdi, bringing the apocalypse so the Mahdi, messiah can come and bring peace?

www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Everyone who goes over Iran - willing to drop their bombs or missiles - should take round with google, just check out Persian womans, and ask them self - Is their life worth to destroy something what is so beutiful in here...

I couldnt do that mission: I can fight wars - but not murder angels.

My life is not worth for doing that.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Yep - He didnt say "Dont attack..." What he really should!

Sorry to say, but here in ATS we know what Obama truly is from his origins... I can dream about "change" - but I wont buy that crap... AIPAC is there to stay - if bankers and Israeli government doesnt make 100% turn in their agenda, and fast - we are in way to war - and Obama is none to stop them.

- USA will fight another war to others peoples pocket.

In this situation there is no momentum, no real reason for starting a war (If there ever are) but Israel should calm down, and begin to talk with their neighbours... We are like in kinderkarten there in ME!

- What a nice human community have we build here? I shame us all in the eyes of greys, UFOs and all Aliens... Sorry guys, we are still in zero level!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Don't you mean the green and red societies?, the red dragon society is a new york university club just like skull and bones..

www.ancienthistoricalsociety.org...

No. The Red Dragon Order is revealed in a book titled 'Wolfszeit um Thule' (Fenris Wolf versus Thule) by Esotericist Wilhelm Landig.

What I am referring to has nothing to do with the New York based based group and in fact I have never heard of it before.

[edit on 5/14/2009 by Cunnobar the Slayer]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Isn’t this all sounding eerily familiar? I was thinking about it when it hit me GOG and MAGOG of the bible. Now By know means do I believe in religion but after reading this i thought damn this is to eerie. What do you think?

en.wikipedia.org...
www.biblegateway.com...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

tristar, I hate this, but your assumptions on the weapons systems available to each side in 1967, or 1973 are incorrect.

Israel had a conglomeration of tanks, most of which were WWII Shermans that had been souped up. They had some Chieftans from Britain.

The Soviet Union had supplied Egypt quite well, and their assumption that they would prevail over the smaller, more ancient Israeli forces was completely justified.

There was no way in hell Israel was going to win, outnumbered, outgunned, and surrounded.

In 1973, the Soviets had replaced everything, and once again, the Egyptians felt confident, as everything holy indicated a quick victory.

Israel has something their enemies don't.

Cool determination, execution, superior planning, and SMARTS.

And that would include Iran.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
reply to post by Leto

Parts of Orlando Florida look good in post cards, but I would not be dismayed if Orlando got nuked into the ground.

Been there, and the Orange Blossom Trail, rivals some of Detroit's nastiest ghettos!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by haika

Orlando is just as corrupt and crappy as any other downtown metropolitan city. To consider it a false or any other kind of paradise shows me you havent really been around there too much. It is what it is, nobody is trying to mask its lameness. The clubs are ok though lol. We had one of the largest tea parties just 5 minutes from where I sit so hey were on your side too! Maybe you were thinking of kissimmee, the overly tourist infested area around the themeparks. Sometimes i think that area does need a good cluster bombing even though i live there.. But anyways I'd find it quite beneficial if Orlando didnt get nuked since i work at the main downtown hospital.....

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MajesticJax

LOL. I remember when i was younger driving up n down OBT with my friends yelling stuff at them ladies of the evening.. It is quite the disgusting stretch of road..

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Hi,

Well i will disagree you with here:

Israel needed tanks to defend her borders from the Arab states and the M-48 tank was the choice based on reliability and available stock. Israel ordered 1950 era M-48 tanks from stock piles in Germany as part of the reparations of the Holocaust. They were M48A1 & M48A2C’s, however the sales were stopped when the media found out about the story and the tanks were then shipped from the United States. The replacement for the M48 in Europe was the arrival in1960 of the new M-60 Patton tank that accomplished the needed upgraded platform deterrent to the Soviet Bloc.

The M48 upgraded version Israel developed was the Magach series. Named for an acronym the three letters “MEM –GIMEL-CHET , mem = 40 chet = 8 gimel is an arm of the service. The tanks arrived in Israel with 90 mm guns and at first only small modifications were made. As a point of reference the IDF (Israeli Defense Force) was and is not forth coming with specific changes and some data released is false on its face so not to allow enemies access to current data. In this case the M48 coming from the USA also came with uncompromised data. By 1965 the Magach had been progressively upgraded by adding the British Centurion 105mm main gun and reactive armor blocks.

In 1967 the combined forces of Egypt, Syria, Jordan, and Iraq attacked with 547,000 troops, 957 aircraft, and 2,800 of the best tanks the Soviets could provide, T-54’s, T-55’s, T-85’s with 85mm guns and 22 SU-100 tank destroyers with100mm guns. To counter the Arab world’s upcoming attack, Israel would field 50,000 active service troops calling up 214,000 reservists using 300 aircraft, naval forces and 800 tanks including the Magach, and M-4 Sherman’s early and upgraded versions.

Israeli forces concentrated on the border with Egypt included 6 armored brigades, one infantry brigade, one mechanized infantry brigade, 3 Paratrooper brigades and 700 tanks giving a total of around 70,000 men. The Israeli plan was to surprise the Egyptian forces using a pre-emptive tank attack coinciding with the IAF striking the Egyptian airfields.

The casualties of the war, far from Israel's anticipated heavy estimates, were quite low, with 338 soldiers lost on the Egyptian front, 300 on the Jordanian front, and 141 on the Syrian front. Egypt lost 80% of its military equipment with hundreds of tanks captured, 10,000 soldiers and 1,500 officers killed. Jordan suffered 6,000-7,000 killed. Syria lost 2,500 dead and half of their tanks and almost all the artillery positioned in the Golan Heights were captured or destroyed.

The major reasons that resulted in the Israeli Six Day War victory was the air campaign and superior tank tactics using flanking movements rather than . on attacks.

In May 1950 the United States, Britain, and France announced the Tripartite Declaration and in June 1950 created the Near East Arms Coordinating Committee (NEACC), intending to regulate the sale of arms to the region. In fact, the United States left the Middle East arms markets to its allies, supplying few arms even to Iraq, with which in 1954 it signed a military aid agreement. Thus, in mid-1955, nearly all arms in the region were of Western European origin.

In 1955 the Soviet Union radically altered the Middle East balance with a deal that provided Egypt (through Czechoslovakia) with modern arms, including MiG-15 jets, worth $250 million. France's conflict with Egypt over its aid to the rebels in Algeria and the nationalization of the Suez Canal were the impetus for its sale in 1956 of seventy-two Mystère jets and other arms to Israel. France became Israel's main supplier until 1968, when it cited Israeli preemption in the June 1967 Arab - Israel War as reason for an embargo.

After the 1956 Suez - Sinai crisis, the Soviet Union accelerated supply to its regional clients. From 1956 to 1967, the Soviet Union equipped Egypt with nearly 1,000 tanks and 360 jets, transferred 400 tanks and 125 jets to Iraq, and sold Syria 350 tanks and 125 jets. In 1964 the United States sold tanks to Jordan and in 1966 F-104 jets in order to preclude Soviet penetration. In 1966 the United States sold Israel A-4 Skyhawk jets, marking the first time it released combat aircraft to that country. Following the 1967 Arab - Israel War and during the 1969 - 1970 War of Attrition and the 1973 Arab - Israel War, the Soviet Union rearmed the Arab states, while the United States became Israel's principal supplier. The 1979 Israeli - Egyptian peace treaty was another turning point in arms supply to the region, after which the United States increased military aid to both Israel and Egypt. Israel continues to receive $1.8 billion annually in U.S. military assistance, and U.S. military aid to Egypt exceeds $1.3 billion. The United States sells Israel F-15I and F-16 multi-role jets; Egypt has purchased the latter model.

As i mentioned the equipemant used by the Egyptian forces were relics from ww2 since the T-54 entered full production in 1947 and as noted above, the Israeli tank divisions were of earlier production line with modifications.
But as you also indicated it was the determination combined with a very in depth account of who has what and were which decided the outcome. Once again intelligence played the decisive role.

The difference of then and now is that everyone has studied history and all sides now exactly who will do what. If you have read above, it was the surprise attack that Israel performed that caught everyone off guard, does tactic sound familiar to you, ie, previous skirmish with Lebanon and Palestine. Do you think Iran is "oh lets wait and see" ?

P.S.

As someone has also posted that Iran is sending its war ships to the pirated area is just another tactical move. You DO NOT WANT your navy idle in your ports unable to leave, you need them ready and deployed.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Destroy the entire region. Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Syria...burn them all to the ground. Pig after pig, cow after cow, villiage after village. Turn the entire region into a flaming nuclear inferno. It is a festering tumor on the face of the planet, an abomination. A weeping sore, an open sewer. Utterly lay waste to it: Both sides, Israeli, Persian, and Arab alike. Tear the whole stinking, filty obscenity from the crust of the earth.

You seem to forget that America and Britain were the ones that CREATED that
whole mess! Few times have I seen a post as ignorant as yours, and everyone
that gave your post a star, is part of that judgment, they are just as ignorant
as you.

I'm ashamed that we're the same species, because talking like that, you have
no right to call yourself a human being. You had better grow a heart before it
is too late, mate. Because my judgment is nothing compared to the judgment
that will come soon.

I reported you for hate mongering.

[edit on (14/5/09) by Wehali]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

while i dont agree with what you are saying, and i know you do not wholly believe what you are saying, i really like this quote.
Well written, very dramatic... would make for an awesome line in a movie, and then sampled for use in an intro to a really heavy, epically crushing song.

it is hard to measure people's indignant responses as we can't tell if they or their loved ones are from there or not; but when people start making a dramatic outcry against a piece of hyperbole like this i can only assume it is to make themselves look better thru righteous indignation.
Silent thunder doesnt truly seem to be a hate-mongering troll, he just took the opportunity to use creativity which is probably an innate reaction, an instinct. writers and artists are at the mercy of it, and even tho it makes him look like an ignorant, uncaring war mongering he wrote it for the sake of using the words.

i'd rather read something like this, most times, than a "im a holy crusader on this earth and how dare you say anyhing that might offend somebody". As fictional as his stance may be in this post, it seems more real than the responses it got.

Just sayin.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
Iran is going to get stomped. Syria is going to try sneak attack on Israel. Damascus will get crapped on.

Iran cries for help. Russia swoops down through Georgia and Turkey to take on Israel . . .

The end is nigh

Quoted for truth. Russia's army will die at Israels foothills loosing something like 83 percent of its military power. Damascus will be utterly destroyed.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
In theory, the whole region would be unstable if a conventional attack from Israel is conducted on Iran. Hell's bells.. Iran would be pushed israel would be using Iraqi airspace while Iran would be threatened with war if it was to fly over iraq, their would be a unstable region, not to mention the usa would be demanded by other superpowers to condone and tell israel to goto heck. This does not take rocket science to figure out either folks. Israel best bet, as I have said before is let trouble come to them. They are the most technologically advanced in that region, yes could be up for debate at least vs iran. I got outta military science.

edited due to corniness.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Out of curiosity do you know the name of the area were this battle is going to take place ?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Well done, Tristar, well done indeed.

I was pulling my hair out trying to locate my reference material, and having used it a couple weeks ago, I am embarrassed to say, it is currently misplaced.

I cannot refute anything you said, but I do recall the overall formidable weapons and manpower Israel faced. I just recall seeing Shermans predominately being used.

To be sure, Israel did not wait until the Egyptian forces were fully set and "on line."

I would propose that while Israel did surprise the Egyptians and psychologically dislocate them, since Egypt had been threatening for months and weeks that they were going to make the ground run red with Israeli blood, that it wasn't truly a surprise attack.

Thanks for the .'s up about the Iranian Navy. As you say, port is not a place to be when and if it comes to shooting.

Interesting times we live in.

Somehow, though Iran anticipates an attack, I note that the Israelis continue to stun and surprise their opponents.

Iran should be no different.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join