It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama warns Netanyahu: Don't surprise me with Iran strike

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
He pretty much just said "Tell me before you do anything so I can get ready."
He didnt say "Do not attack Iran!"

The title is wrong.

Sending John Podesta to Israel was not a warning. He asked to be advised if (when?) they begin their strike.

Israel has upgraded its missile defenses, completed long-range air and infantry exercises, and put its civil defense corps on high readiness.

The Russians have backed off of a promise to provide Iran with the S-300 missile defense system and China has yet to act on its promise to step in with its knock off version.

The Iranian gov't (Shia) has no support fromits Arab state neighbors (Sunni). Netanyahu and Peres have recently visited Jordan and other Arabian powers, the U.S. and EU.

All preliminary readiness measures have been taken, notices and promises of notice given, and troops called in from reserves to man missile batteries.

Iranian and Lebanese elections are 1 month away.

The clock ticks toward midnight for Ahmadinejad. He is alone.

jw

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

And Ahmahjackoff knows he's alone. There's one joker in the deck for him.

He and the Mullah government control the military.

The militant militia are almost on their own.

Now that they've been stupid enough to move missiles to the Gulf Area so painfully obviously, the Iranian people may suffer if the militia start picking off ships in the Gulf.

That's really going to piss off a lot of people.

Bad economies, little cash to spare, and Iran is going to skyrocket the price of a barrel of oil.

You just anticipate the dumbest possible thing Ahmahjackoff can do, and he probably will.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Achmedinajad makes inflammatory quotable quotes with alarming regularity. His translators are Farsi speaking bilingual interpreters trained to soften ambiguous nuanced language.

Mr A lets slip that he thinks he is being guided by the 12th Imam, an idealized messianic figure anticipated by the Shiites.

He has been openly rebuked by the Supreme Leader Ayatollah for his public claims of spiritual instruction. The Imams know he has screwed up the economy royally and are quietly having audits to find where billions stashed away have disappeared to.

Mr A has gone to various functions of the Arab league uninvited and humiliated members. Among others, the usually restrained King Fahd of Saudi Arabia says terrible things about him.

He knows how to get media attention by making inappropriate outrageous statements. He pushes buttons every time a microphone is around.

He may be cunning as a fox. No indication based on performance.

There is an internal control arm-wrestling in Iran between the military and the Imams. His own bosses now realize he's a paranoid schizo with declared messianic delusions. They initially thought that was useful in engendering fear and respect with the outside world. Not any more.

Everybody from the Saudi King to Putin are silently cheering for Israel to bring the unloved Mr A down a notch. That includes 50 Million Iranians for whom he is a constant embarrassment.

Only Hugo Chavez and Kim of North Korea will cry at his funeral.

Mike

[edit on 15-5-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This is all rubbish. What US is trying to do right now, is on the surface distance themselves from Israel. Everyone knows Israel does as US says. So when it comes time for negotiations with Iran, they will still be able to maintain all options on the table by having Israel bark threats at Iran

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The problem is that both the UK and USA have caused many of these issues with our interference in Persian and Iranian politics.

It's a shame that Western powers cannot admit responsibility for today's problems, due to past meddling and theft from other countries.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Wow there is alot of 'wrong-ness' on this thread!

China, Russia, and Iran are all in an anti-US alliance!

China wants Irans oil. They have a huge population and need ALOT of oil!

Russia wants to make money selling advanced weapons to Iran. (Onyx cruise missile is most advanced in the World and will Destroy US Aircraft carrier sitting ducks)

Iran wants allies to help protect it from Israeli bombings!

The exoteric alliances are pretty plain as day to see and so are the motivations behind them.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Destroy the entire region. Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Syria...burn them all to the ground. Pig after pig, cow after cow, villiage after village. Turn the entire region into a flaming nuclear inferno. It is a festering tumor on the face of the planet, an abomination. A weeping sore, an open sewer. Utterly lay waste to it: Both sides, Israeli, Persian, and Arab alike. Tear the whole stinking, filty obscenity from the crust of the earth.

The only reason I'm replying to this POS of a post is due to the fact that it got so many stars.

Shame on all of you ignorant enough to endorse such blatant ignorance and hatred.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by lightchild
The problem is that both the UK and USA have caused many of these issues with our interference in Persian and Iranian politics.

It's a shame that Western powers cannot admit responsibility for today's problems, due to past meddling and theft from other countries.

Assuming you are correct, what difference will another 'apology' make in Syria, Iran or Afghanistan for "today's problems?" Obama and Clinton began their diplomatic world tour with apologies and acceptance of blame everywhere!

(From my recollection, Russia, an Eastern power, invaded Afghanistan a while back, but I could be making that up.)

Of couse, that presumes Eastern powers have just minded their own business for the past 500 years, and share no "responsibility for today's problems.".

Since the U.S. and U.K. have had no real presence in Iran for over 30 years, and since neither has had any impact on "Iranian and Persian politics" for at least that long, how are they "responsible for today's problems?"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is a world body, the U.N., that has determined whether sanctions, of whatever dubious effect, were appropriate in the area for perceived 'just cause'.

No one contends, and rightly so, that the U.N. economic sanctions have had any effect but to strengthen the despots in power in 'Iran and Persia."

The shame is on people who fall for misinformation and propaganda, blaming nations for purely self-inflicted wounds.

Please describe "these issues" and "our interference" as they relate to "today's problems" without using cliches, hearsay, or propaganda. Use facts, give sources.

I'll wait.

jw

[edit on 15-5-2009 by jdub297]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

The shame is on people who fall for misinformation and propaganda, blaming nations for purely self-inflicted wounds.

Please describe "these issues" and "our interference" as they relate to "today's problems" without using cliches, hearsay, or propaganda. Use facts, give sources.

I'll wait.

Thanks for speaking out against disinformation.

The list of who is guilty of everything real or imaginable, is established in conspiracy thinking.

If you can find any possible linkage, blame:

The US and it's intelligence, Israel and Jews (but say Zionists), the British, Western powers and all white people living in them, and on and on.

Self-declared victims are: all Muslims and their leaders, blacks - African or living elsewhere, Eastern Europeans, particularly the Russians, are exempt from fault, blame, responsibility for anything wrong.

They're pressured by or victims of the members of List #1.

Life's so simple when nothing is your fault.

Mike

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Destroy the entire region. Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Syria...burn them all to the ground. Pig after pig, cow after cow, villiage after village. Turn the entire region into a flaming nuclear inferno. It is a festering tumor on the face of the planet, an abomination. A weeping sore, an open sewer. Utterly lay waste to it: Both sides, Israeli, Persian, and Arab alike. Tear the whole stinking, filty obscenity from the crust of the earth.

the only problem is nuclear fall out can make to the usa and then we are tost

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I actually don't reallly know what's more pathetic. This post, or the people that decided to give you a star.

Or, maybe this was some cynical joke post. If that was the case, then I get it. Otherwise, damn.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

Obama warns Netanyahu: Don't surprise me with Iran strike

www.haaretz.com

U.S. President Barack Obama has sent a message to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu demanding that Israel not surprise the U.S. with an Israeli military operation against Iran. The message was conveyed by a senior American official who met in Israel with Netanyahu, ministers and other senior officials. Earlier, Netanyahu's envoy visited Washington and met with National Security Adviser James Jones and with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton...
IAF practicing MIG-29/F-16 dogfights Netanyahu is meeting with Obama this weekend.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

WTF? Are you for real?

You sound like a disgusting ignorant extremist.

While you watch the news about all the bad things, you should always remember it only shows a VERY small part of our world, does the news show the love of your family? the experiences of peoples wonderful moments etc? every day there are millions of people living peaceful lives, on beautiful lands, with wonderful relationships and families. People who you obviously do not know. Yet your prepared to say such things?

I recommend you stop watching the news, and propaganda news reports, go out for a walk, have some fresh air, maybe travel the world a bit, learn more about the world the news doesn't show = The good stuff.

Which reminds me, maybe start here

www.belowtopsecret.com...
( I really need to update, never have the time )

Peace.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by milesp

reply to post by Whine Flu

reply to post by _Phoenix_

Geez. Do any of you ever bother to read a thread, or do you just unthinkingly react to everything that goes against your grain?

If you read the thread, you'd know this was sarcasm, and meant to provoke thought, not tantrums!

If you'd read, you'd have seen this:

OK people, let me reiterate....as noted on the second page, and elsewhere, my rather vile quote on the first page was pure exxageration and no, I don't wish death on anyone.

I thought a bit more about why this topic arouses such distate in me, ... and ... I think its because I resent the pressure to "take sides." I'm a US citizen, although I've lived almost my entire life in East Asia. To my mind, the middle east and its cultures (Israeli, Persian, and Arabic alike) are as alien as the moon or mars. Why should I feel a particular affenity for one side or the other?
I just wish it didn't drag the rest of the world into its vortex of evil...which is perhaps behind my rather atavistic urges to see that whole part of the planet "just disappear."

So mellow out people and take what you read on message boards with a grain of salt. ... Since my two cents were given for free, please don't place too much value on them...and again, ultimately I wish no suffering on any beings.

I completely understand silentthunder's position. My best friend is in Iraq. My uncle served 2 tours. My nephew liberated Kuwait. I lived in Tehran in the early '70s.

The people of the region have a 2,000+ year history of tribal and sectarian violence against each other, absent any Western influence.

They have no desire for and do not value Western democratic ideals. Formerly nomadic, they fight for territory and access to resources and commerce , when they are not fighting among themselves.

The unfortunate intrusion of oil wealth in the region only magnifies the differences and disparities between the indigenous people, and with the Eastern and Western nations that depend on the oil resources.

We do have 'business' there and will continue to so long as fossil fuels drive development, production, and trade.

Recognizing the region and its people for what they are is a key to understanding the dynamics of international and cross-cultural relations and their resolution.

They are not like us, they will never share our values, and they don't want to. But, they need us. It drives them crazy. And, obviously, you too.

jw

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I usually unthinkingly react to things that go against my grain. Am I off the hook?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that Israel will strike Iran, for the simple reason that most of Iran's underground nuclear capabilities are well underground, reinforced by several feet of concrete, and even the GBU-28's, which might just barely do the job, would require pinpoint accuracy to be effective. In addition, there is the possibility that Russia has given Iran it's S-300V anti-aircraft defense system, as well as the fact that Israeli aircraft would almost certainly have to fly over hostile countries. The only other option would be nuclear capable missiles, as non-nuclear missiles would most certainly not be able to take out the reinforced underground facilities. Using nuclear missiles would be suicide, IMHO. Checkmate. There will be no Israeli strike. It is only a ploy to get the world to put pressure on Iran, which, BTW, will not give into such pressure.
Iran WILL become a nuclear power, unfortunately, and there is very little that can be done to stop it.

edited for typo

[edit on 15-5-2009 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I would agree that for Israel to use nukes to take out these underground nuclear facilities, the act would be almost suicidal.

So I vote for the US to do it. Very small yield, staggered impacts, and the problem is solved. Assuming we don't forget to mention to not try that again.

But, they're not that bright.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

The people of the region have a 2,000+ year history of tribal and sectarian violence against each other, absent any Western influence.

They have no desire for and do not value Western democratic ideals. Formerly nomadic, they fight for territory and access to resources and commerce , when they are not fighting among themselves.

The unfortunate intrusion of oil wealth in the region only magnifies the differences and disparities between the indigenous people, and with the Eastern and Western nations that depend on the oil resources.

We do have 'business' there and will continue to so long as fossil fuels drive development, production, and trade.

Recognizing the region and its people for what they are is a key to understanding the dynamics of international and cross-cultural relations and their resolution.

They are not like us, they will never share our values, and they don't want to. But, they need us. It drives them crazy.

Well said. It brings to light that despite anonymity this is turning into an adults vs teenagers debate.

I'll conflict with you one one point. There are people from the Middle East who operate beyond a tribal sensibility. But millions of them have fled the region. I know many and they agree on your summation.

The unsophisticated Middle East leaders lack the ability to employ long-term thinking. The quick deal where you grab what you can from someone is more popular than extended mutually beneficial co-operation. Screwing them somewhere down the line adds to the fun.

The oil in a way has been a curse. With so much money floating through, it has delayed the pressures to enter the 20th Century.

The Industrial Revolution has been bypassed. Manufactured goods for domestic consumption and export are what makes economies viable. Creation of an skilled and educated middle class, and the extension of enforced civil rights for all, is what makes a place with tens of millions of mouths to feed viable.

Not as romantic and adventurous as wars and conquering your neighbour and dividing the spoils.

But in the end continued irresponsibility has it's price.

Mike

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join