It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor confirms the facts!! Important Info

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
As an individual with 24 years of intimate experience within the Healthcare field, and speaking yesterday to a family member of mine who graduated Pre-Med at Dartmouth College, I can offer a sound piece of advice for all in regards to the Mainstream Media's contradictory Physician advice: ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS heed the advice and suggestions of the more cautious Medical Doctors.

Those Physicians whom you hear completely dismissing H1N1 (AKA "Swine Flu), are not to be taken seriously, as they are acting with the upmost amount of Politically minded ignorance.

Those Physicians cautioning individuals on their need to take certain measures against spreading and inheriting this Viral Infection however, are acting as concerned Physicians who do in fact take their Patients well being into deep consideration, and they are doing so without regard for the ensuing bureaucratic nonsense.

The Bottom Line is DO NOT Panic, DO NOT Freak out, but DO take the proper precautions against contracting and/or spreading the Influenza. You need to be especially cautious if you, or someone you have daily contact with, suffers from a pre-existing Pulmonary condition.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
In retrospect, I am quite confident I got nailed by a variety of this flu 3 odd weeks back. Needless to say I have no medical background, but given the description of it, the fact cases have being going on in Mexico for 2 months now and the fact a bazillion people around here regularly vacation there at this time of year, I think I have.

And if so, it was a nasty piece of work.

I was travelling up island on a Thursday to meet some clients and ten minutes before I arrived at an office I can use, I knew something was coming on, and rather quickly. From zero to WTF in relatively short order. Within the hour I not only cancelled my appointments for the day, I found myself in the can dealing with lower issues - err for quite the time. Shortly after that I decided to make the leap and run back home for the 1 hour journey. Made it, but I'll tell you I was never so glad to walk in my door as that day. Lower issues on a regular basis for the next 24 + hours and it was somewhat concerning as bright red blood was involved - culminated with brief, but agressive vomiting.

TOTAL lack of appetite, aches and "couldn't move off the couch".

I did get out on Saturday for a prior booked lunch, but it certainly wasn't enjoyable. Back into work Monday, but felt like # for basically a week.

J

Being a born a bred Alberta boy I tried to scare it away with some ginger ale, consume soup and even a little "fine" scotch.

But make no mistake, if this was it, it's nasty.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by leo123]

[edit on 30-4-2009 by leo123]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Does this flu trace back to about February-March? Sometime between those two months I caught a flu that kept me in bed for 8 days! I get a cold about every winter, but that is about it. I can't remember the last time I have been in bed with a fever for so long. I know the swine flu is getting a bit to my head, but I am still curious. Also, has there been any CONFIRMED cases in Illinois thus far?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveZ
Does this flu trace back to about February-March? Sometime between those two months I caught a flu that kept me in bed for 8 days! I get a cold about every winter, but that is about it. I can't remember the last time I have been in bed with a fever for so long. I know the swine flu is getting a bit to my head, but I am still curious. Also, has there been any CONFIRMED cases in Illinois thus far?

SteveZ

Check my post above yours, and the original post for comparative details.

J

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
As an individual with 24 years of intimate experience within the Healthcare field, and speaking yesterday to a family member of mine who graduated Pre-Med at Dartmouth College, I can offer a sound piece of advice for all in regards to the Mainstream Media's contradictory Physician advice: ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS heed the advice and suggestions of the more cautious Medical Doctors.

Those Physicians whom you hear completely dismissing H1N1 (AKA "Swine Flu), are not to be taken seriously, as they are acting with the upmost amount of Politically minded ignorance.

Those Physicians cautioning individuals on their need to take certain measures against spreading and inheriting this Viral Infection however, are acting as concerned Physicians who do in fact take their Patients well being into deep consideration, and they are doing so without regard for the ensuing bureaucratic nonsense.

The Bottom Line is DO NOT Panic, DO NOT Freak out, but DO take the proper precautions against contracting and/or spreading the Influenza. You need to be especially cautious if you, or someone you have daily contact with, suffers from a pre-existing Pulmonary condition.

Thank you for the post! I have really been doubting myself for posting this doctor's letter - after reading what some have posted. But what you said makes more sense to me the most of what I have been reading!!

I have gotten alot of u2u messages about this topic & whether some want to believe it or not - right or wrong - I felt it needed to get out.....And, the next day other people (other than here) have been talking about this email. So someone would have posted it anyway - sooner or later.

My intentions were not to panic people. Although now I can see how it would. I am not one to panic easily and I did not think about some people who might really panic over this.

I totally agree with you - The Bottom Line is DO NOT Panic, DO NOT Freak out, but DO take the proper precautions against contracting and/or spreading the Influenza. You need to be especially cautious if you, or someone you have daily contact with, suffers from a pre-existing Pulmonary condition.

That includes my mom as she has COPD. She was complaining about a sore throat earlier tonight and I worry for her well being. Anyway, I apologize if I contributed to anyone going into a full blown panic by posting this......

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveZ

Same here. I had the same thing last month. In bed with fever 104 and thought I was going to die..... I believe this virus has made its rounds last month as well but unnoticed by the media... Think of it this way, we just might be immune to it during this current waves of infection. That is if it has not mutated too much since.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by k4rma

i also found that smoking marihuana was about the only thing that made me feel halfway better - it restored my appetite, eased my nausea and full body aches/shakes and made it possible for me to sleep - none of the other medications combined did that, they just turned me into a zombie.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by k4rma]

thats what im going to do if i get it. Ill talk my mom into it somehow.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
swine flu is the sars of 2009.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

people are going to freak out and panic all summer long. it'll be over by winter. dont worry about the swine flu - worry about baxter making the vaccine for it.

if you become ill - wear a mask to help those around you. if its going to spread, its because of irresponsibility (unless unknown to the host) -- dont go to the ER anyways, people abuse that system way to much

oh no I got a bad sliver...HURRY TO THE E.R!!! ive broken my finger and didnt even go to the ER.... shrug. 1 hour wait or a 5 hour wait, your finger aint going anywhere

marijuana makes everything better. like someone else said, it WILL restore your appetite, it WILL ease stomach cramps and pains, and it WILL make daytime tv bareable.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by epitaph.one]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
All I know for sure is that the govt sure does seem to want everyone to panic and be on the edge of their seats, all while saying "don't panic". I don't know what or who to believe about this so here is what I'm going to do.

1) Don't Panic! (everyone have their towels?)
2) keep taking the same vitamins/supplements that I have always taken. One of those is Vit D.
3) wash hands, practice general cleanliness like always.. flu scare or not
4) I'm a stay at home mom, I don't get out much and if the kids got sick we would ride it out at home.

I should mention however that dh, myself and all four of our kids have never once gotten the flu. The worst we have ever had in our entire lives is a slight cold. I refuse to take tamiflu or other flu type drugs, nor will anyone in my family. Maybe I'm living in a cave, but this is my plan.. well if you can call it a plan.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by MaMaa]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

A friend of mine is a nurse here and she says they haven't seen a cse of it yet but I'm in Florida. However my son was sick about two weeks ago and he had the lower issues, the vomiting, fever, lack of appetite and the chills. I didn't take him to the doc thinking it was just the normal viral bug and they wouldn't write him anything for it. Can't tell whats what anymore and its scary.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by PurpleIvy]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but I noticed the Dr's name who gave you this information via email. Did you get his permission to attach his name to this?

Not paranoid about the fact you misused his name or whatever but I think it's probably best his name isn't mentioned to prevent him from being put into harms way later on since this seems like critical info should it be accurate and possibly classified in some sense (medical law? i dunno)... If he specifically noted that you can use his name here then hey, that's his deal.

Just a thought...

BTW Thanks for the info.. Not sure how to take it yet..

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
In my SO's office, the Rapid test (swab) has been showing negative in cases that present with Swine Flu symptoms. But now, considering the patients' symptoms, SO believes these are false negatives. The next step is a PCR test , which checks for the DNA sequence.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by drclifford]

[edit on 30-4-2009 by drclifford]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Tamiflu Excretion into the Water supply?

What this document is saying is that TAMIFLU once Excreted is still ACTIVE & can genetically exchange between Influenza viruses in Wildfowl & HUMANS once in the WATER SUPPLY!?!

What do you guys think, is this Probable/Possible?
With everything going on right now I wouldnt doubt it, so this should atleast be out in the OPEN....

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Thanks for the new info! I like it when a doctor will suggest a natural substance to take instead of a drug! (N-Acetyl-Cysteine 1200 mg. capsules) This is so rare in my life! A doctor of nutrition, Dr. True Ott, has made some videos exposing the history of flu and vaccines . You can watch them at www.H1flu.com We will not be taking flu shots or drug meds. I have also learned that taking Vitamin C (We prefer Buffered) and D capsules will improve our immunity. Please prepare and pray. . .but do not panic! Blessings!

[edit on 1-5-2009 by 4Yahshua]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by k4rma

I live in NM . I think I may have had this so called Swine flu , towards the end of February. It felt like allergies at first. Then it attacked my upper respiratory system, I thought it was a chest cold then got a fever of about 99 100 but not very high though. , Im like . “ I have the flu” when no one else does. I called my Doctor. he said ‘strange that you of the flu so late in February” drink lot of fluids and get bed rest was his advice. Come see me after your well” I was very dehydrated, losing my voice, hard to breath all within one day. My wife at one point gave me a respirator she uses sometimes for asthma that helped so much when I could not sleep and it was hard to breath. I have never been this sick in my life. It took two weeks for me to fully recover. I did not leave my house until I was fully well, Then it was straight too my Doctor. I drank orange juice like no ones business, a gallon a day sometimes. I ate fruits since that is the only thing that made me feel a little better. I also drank cranberry juice. Over the counter Meds’ did nothing, and I mean nothing at all. This flu, whatever it was really hit me hard in the first 3 days after I had it. It just got bad very fast, and I mean fast. I thought maybe my immune system was very low and that might be the reason it got bad fast. I don’t know though. Yes, this did feel wore than a standard\ normal flu, by a factor of 7 at least.. I never was this sick before. My wife was going to take me to the hospital at one point. Then I started to recover the next day after 3 days, but slowly over 10 days. I did see my Doctor after I was well. Told him all the symptoms. I stated to him this was the worst flue I ever had in my life. He did ask if I have been to any other countries, . he took some notes and told next time get a flu shot. My wife did not get it. Yet, she wore mask around me and slept in another bedroom, and was at work all day too.

How did I get this. Maybe from the people that were knocking on my door for work yard work. The only people I can remember coming asking for work were from Mexico there was two of them. One looked like he was sick with something. I wonder if I got from that guy. This guy could not speak English at all. I did not shake his hand either , he was coughing though. So the other guy spoke to me , but spoke very broken English. It take Juan Sr. or whom ever just got Juan jr in to the USA and he needed work. Because if he was here for any amount of time he would at least speak broken English like Juan Sr. One word. " close the borders" NOW !

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Funny I just got over some flu like symptoms. Probably just a bad cold though. But who knows?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
It may be a coincidence, or perhaps I am paranoid.

On Tuesday I awoke with a sore throat and coughing, I even ran a fever. Wednesday my sore throat had significantly reduced, and I remained in bed all day. Thursday I woke up with the most amazingly sore body. Again, I've been in bed all day. I've no idea if this is Swine Flu.

I rarely ever get sick, and I know myself to have a very strong immune system.

I'm currently living in San Antonio, TX.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by marsnotmercury]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
marsnotmercury if you have been fearing this from the media you ar emore then likely suffering anxiety. If not then take the precautions needed by cleaning your diet, drinking heaps of water, vitamin d, omega 3 and olive leaf extract, teas, soups. Alot of people are in a depressed state right now(especially economy fears which was a precursor) and fearing what the media is telling them and this compromises the immune system. Remember happiness is the key to health. People are more like to be sick from the destructive psyche of fear.

Did you know just by surrounding yourself with happy and positive things can help in healing. Do not think about what's to come enjoy every moment.

Other then tha tdo not fear and enjoy everyday that comes just like in this video:

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Applesandoranges]

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Does anyone find it odd, that all the deaths from this virus are spanish/mexican nationality? Have there been any confirmed cases of caucasion, black, or any other nationality. Makes a fella wonder if it had a specific agenda, i.e. the crisis on our borders... Just wondering if I'm the only one that is thinking like that.

Just Curious..

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiftPirate
Does anyone find it odd, that all the deaths from this virus are spanish/mexican nationality? Have there been any confirmed cases of caucasion, black, or any other nationality. Makes a fella wonder if it had a specific agenda, i.e. the crisis on our borders... Just wondering if I'm the only one that is thinking like that.

Just Curious..

Well, if the virus is rampant in Mexico and that's where the deaths are occurring, then it makes perfect sense that they are all of Mexican nationality.

Don't think that caucasian or black is a nationality though!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join