It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor confirms the facts!! Important Info

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Nonetheless, I trust the CDC and the WHO because they both fall under huge scrutiny--they receive nothing but high expectations. While the media might want to inflate reports, and the internet can perpetuate those claims, the WHO/CDC only benefit by reporting the truth. They certainly don't gain anything by reporting suspicions or falsehoods--such threaten to undermine the credibility of these agencies.

Sorry..........but I do NOT trust any of them!!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Tamiflu data sheet

i feel so much better it states, "No influenza vaccine study has been conducted"
Says a lot really doesn't it? why the hell are they marketing stuff when not tested!

No more pharmaceuticals for moi, in fact, they messed me up

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

www.journal-post.com...

I am quite perplexed as to why you had me post that. It's on page three, in the post made by the poster that called you a sheeple. I figured you would have at least checked the site he was citing to discredit your original post.

Vexed
dillon

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

thanks for the info mate!
this is quite bloody scary....i think i'm gonna stock up on tea and biccies until it all blows over!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Champagne

Err nm didnt see it was an email. Well seeing how we only have your word Ill read this and take it with a grain of salt.

Not to be rude or uncaring, but I could really care less what you do with this information!! I posted it because it came in my email today from one of the few people on the face of this planet that I TRUST - and, if you knew me, that is saying alot!!

[edit on 4/29/2009 by Champagne]

How many times have we heard the saying "trust me I'm a doctor"?

I assume you aren't a doctor yourself, but the email is from said professional.

Either way, I'm taking it with a pinch of salt, because I've seen the "trust" that doctors carry and how often it is abused.

I appreciate your thoughtfulness in posting this information, but I really do feel that it is scaremongering more than anything.

I read recently that normal flu causes 15,000 people to contract Bronchitis and DIE. That's 15,000 people in a single year, and in the UK alone.... the WHO haven't given pandemic status to the normal flu, yet it has already claimed tens of thousands of lives.... I wonder why...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

This doesn't worry me at all. Holistic medicine is wonderful and the fact that he is open to spiritual things suggests to me that he would be far more inclined to be honest. Just saying!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Champagne
I received an email from a good & very trust worthy friend that was sent out today by a doctor in New Braunfels, TX to his patients. I found it intertesting because the good doctor confirms what many of us already know - but the general public does not. Mainly that what he is hearing privately from the CDC and Health Department is different from what you are hearing in the media!!

Because the email is so long it will take 2 posts to include the entire content....

After I returned from a public health meeting yesterday with community leaders and school officials in Comal County and Hays County, Heather suggested I send an update to my patients in the area, because what we are hearing privately from the CDC and Health Department is different from what you are hearing in the media. Some of you know some of this, but I will just list what facts I know.

- The virus is infectious for about 2 days prior to symptom onset

- Virus spreads more than 7 days after symptom onset (possibly as long as 9 days) (this is more unusual than ordinary flu)

- Since it is such a novel (new) virus, there is no "herd immunity," so the "attack rate" is very high. This is the percentage of people who come down with a virus if exposed. Almost everyone who is exposed to this virus will become infected, though not all will be symptomatic. That is much higher than seasonal flu, which averages 10-15%. The "clinical attack rate" estimation from CDC and WHO may be around 40-50%. This is the number of people who show symptoms. This is a huge number. It is hard to convey the seriousness of this to those outside of the medical fields.

- The virulence (deadliness) of this virus is as bad here as in Mexico, and there are folks on ventilators here in the US, right now. This has not been in the media, but a 23 month old in Houston is fighting for his life, and a pregnant woman just south of San Antonio is fighting for her life. In Mexico, these folks might have died already, but here in the US, folks are getting Tamiflu or Relenza quickly, and we have ready access to ventilators. What this means is that within a couple of weeks, regional hospitals will likely become overwhelmed.

- Some of the kids with positive cases in Comal County have had more than 70 contacts before diagnosis as a minimum figure.

- There are 10-25 times more actual cases (not "possible" cases -- ACTUAL), than what is being reported in the media. The way they fudge on reporting this is that it takes 3 days to get the confirmatory nod from the CDC on a given viral culture, but based on epidemiological grounds, we know that there are more than 10 cases for each "confirmed" case right now.

- During the night, we crossed the threshold for the definition of a WHO, Phase 6 global pandemic. This has not happened in any of our lifetimes so far. We are in uncharted territory.

- They are advising President Obama to declare an emergency sometime in the next 72-96 hours. This may not happen, but if it doesn't, I will be surprised. When this happens, all public gathering will be cancelled for 10 days minimum.

- I suggest all of us avoid public gatherings. Outdoor activities are not as likely to lead to infection. It is contained areas and close contact that are the biggest risk.

~CONTINUED NEXT POST~

Bolded phrases by me

[edit on 4/29/2009 by Champagne]

Well done. Thanks for valuable information.

It's good if we can relate news article from any mainstream media to substantiate the killing spree rate of the new virus.

Rense website have implied that around May 2nd will be day of peak concern.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Thank you, I’m not usually gullible but just ordered a few bottles of N-Acetyl-Cysteine online.

It’s very inexpensive. 3.99 ea. I did some reading about it first. It sounds good.

I wonder if they’ll have a rush on the stuff.

Thanks for bringing to my attention, that hospitals and doctors would be overwhelmed and have no room, run out of medicine, etc!!

I may also check for other herbal anti-virals.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
hello i dont know if this has been brought up here yet,but reading first 2 pages here i was thinking to my self that this swine flu epidemic reminds me a bit of a movie i watched not long ago
anybody watched that movie right at your door??

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by redeyez69

I missed that movie. Was there a government plot behind the epidemic?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

Thank you, I’m not usually gullible but just ordered a few bottles of N-Acetyl-Cysteine online.

It’s very inexpensive. 3.99 ea. I did some reading about it first. It sounds good.

I wonder if they’ll have a rush on the stuff.

Thanks for bringing to my attention, that hospitals and doctors would be overwhelmed and have no room, run out of medicine, etc!!

I may also check for other herbal anti-virals.

What site did you find it for that cheap?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I contracted a very bad case of something about 2 weeks ago....I am now thinking that it was this very illness. I had all the flu symptoms, and also what I thought strange, I lost my voice for about 3 days. It says in that email that "hoarseness" is one of the distinct symptoms of the swine flu....

Then my wife got it and was laid up for about a week. She is just now getting over it.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Thank you for the information. It all makes good sense to me. I think allot of hand washing would be good thing as well. Good luck.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by k4rma
oh i forgot to add that my friend who went to mex in late march/early april (who i shared a drink with) showed no signs until a couple of days later, the zombie stare and sleeping alot and he eventually said he felt the same symptoms i had...i also had to use my mom's inhaler a few times due to shortness of breath, almost passing out - hindsight i should have gone to the doc, i prolly coulda died...

Hi, Im wondering if I had it a week and a half ago (a few days before it was Announced) First my 2yr old son had Diarrhea, and then my husband. About a week later I got it, except it was hard for me to breath & all I did for 3 days was want to sleep. I also felt really Nauseous and felt like I wanted to throw up but never did.
I probably had all the symptoms Except a Fever. Then I started to feel better & then thats when I heard about the Swine flu here on ATS & then the News.

I know when my son went to the Docs from having Diaherra he said he had the Stomach Virus.(that was 2weeks ago) Today, we went to the Pediatrician because hes been having diarrhea Off & On for the past 2 weeks. But they said since he never had a Fever its not a concern for the Swine-VIRUS.

What do yall think? (I got it worse than my husband & son) Is it possible I had it?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uphill

Some influenza outbreaks linger for several months. In the case of the 1918 flu pandemic, it first broke out in the spring (like the current one), then it smoldered for months, and then a killer version erupted in August 1918. So it wouldn't hurt to make a few longer-term preparations, like in your food pantry, particularly when they taste good.

[edit on 4/30/2009 by Uphill]

Exactly, and this will more than likely be the case with this strain. Everyone can blow this off and not take precautions, but when they or a loved one gets sick, I hope they'll remember all of us that just tried to help.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hey, I can't u2u you, but a forwarded copy of the email would be very much appreciated.

[email protected]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Interesting that you got this from a Dr friend.

Alex Jones was on the radio this AM saying he got the same letter from a school board member in Austin, TX.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join