It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Secedes??????

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Yeah and hopfully they would legalize drugs to get rid of the whole mess down on their southern border. Legalization would give the cartels no power.

We could have our own Amsterdam!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
reply to post by Question

GREAT NEWS

I hope so...

HAVE FUN TEXAS

won't miss ya

Im sure they won't either seein as soon you'll all be underwater. Orale homes

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Seeing how most of texas is a tornado ridden flood plain, it's more likely texas will be under the Gulf of Mexico soon.

If Texas leaves, I'll break open a nice bottle of Cava to celebrate. No more Bush's will ever take the white house again. Yay!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Wow your understanding of meteorology and geophysics is astounding.

As was stated earlier in this thread, the Bush family came from up north. Unfortunately they have chosen to make Texas their residence, that is most likely because of the business interests.

None the less I will share that drink with you as we say good riddance to your other fascists in Washington D.C.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
If Texas leaves, I'll break open a nice bottle of Cava to celebrate. No more Bush's will ever take the white house again. Yay!

Wait a minute there Evil_Elf. Jeb is being groomed as we type. I can see the campaign slogan signs even at this early date...."Time for a Change"...
Sound Familiar???

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I'll take a Bush over a Pelosi or Obama ANYDAY!

Don't forget - We get to keep Ron Paul.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
That's ridiculous....Texas will not secede...there's too much interdependence between states and the industries that exist in them...It isn't worth the trouble really. It wouldn't help corporate interests on either side.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by laiguana]

That's what the feds want you to believe.

I agree it's probably not a good idea if it can't be done peacefully ... but the US is not going to last forever.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question
reply to post by SpacePunk

From what I remember in my history classes... I'm sorry, but Texas' right to secede is NOT a myth, it is fact. It's one of the very few states that actually reserves that right.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Question]

To my knowledge, my home state of Vermont is the only other state that maintains the right to secede. Long live the Republic of Vermont!

Vermont seceded from the British Empire in 1777 and stood free for 14 years, until 1791. Its constitution -- which preceded the U.S. Constitution by more than a decade -- was the first to prohibit slavery in the New World and to guarantee universal manhood suffrage. Vermont issued its own currency, ran its own postal service, developed its own foreign relations, grew its own food, made its own roads and paid for its own militia. No other state, not even Texas governed itself more thoroughly or longer before giving up its nationhood and joining the Union.

SOURCE

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
How is everyone down in the small State of Texas? Hi from the Big Wild State of Alaska.

I believe we here are in the best position to go independent. Small population. Sustainable, natural food supply. Loads of oil just waiting to be developed. Natural Gas in abundance just waiting to be produced. A vast majority of the States population 100% for developing our oil and gas. We just need to get rid of the greenies and their millions in funding from DC, from individuals who refuse to give their identities.

Only about 5% of Alaska has ever seen a human footprint and yet we are the most controlled by the crazies on the Left who would not be caught dead living here.

Sorry for the rant.

Here is the problem however. I think it is wrongheaded to want to secede. That's the cowards way out. What should be happening is we should be joining together to fix what's wrong with this country. Like I said secession is the cowards way out.

Together we 50 States have been the most awesome country ever to exist in history. We are the most productive. We are the most giving. When the crap hits the fan, who do they always call? The US, that's who.

The PTB's whole plan is to divide and conquer. Talk of secession, racial tensions, fat haters, smoker haters, religion haters, meat eater haters and on and on and on. Who is always in the background feeding the fire and encouraging the hate? Amazing how many fall for it.

Texan's who want secession need to wise up. It will never happen. They won't allow it. Only if all 50 States join forces will we win this thing, together.

Did you know that the States have the power to change the Constitution without the Fed's involvement? If enough States join together we could easily control the Fed's. It wont happen though because of the way they keep us divided.

Again, sorry for the rant, but I feel strongly about it.

If you are getting claustrophobic living in the tiny State you can drive across in a day, come on up to a State so big it takes years to see it all. Just kidding. I worked with Texans for a while and all they did was talk about how big Texas was so I'm getting even

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
So if Texas goes, then that means we lose, a lot of desert land. Gain money that we dont have to waste rebuilding whenever a hurricane hits, or a tornado rips through. We lose oil that we dont use for ourselves, thus is really only good for exports, and we lose one of the most porous borders in the union. hmm.
Peace out girl scouts.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
So if Texas goes, then that means we lose, a lot of desert land. Gain money that we dont have to waste rebuilding whenever a hurricane hits, or a tornado rips through. We lose oil that we dont use for ourselves, thus is really only good for exports, and we lose one of the most porous borders in the union. hmm.
Peace out girl scouts.

Haha... Texas is one of ten states in the US where we cannot and do not go into a deficit. We send our money to D.C. and it does not come back to us. Texas is the 9th largest economy in the world on it's own and that is one that is based on real resources not financial manipulation.

If we did succeed then we could finally fix our border problem that the USA is refusing to fix.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by slicobacon

I'll take a Bush over a Pelosi or Obama ANYDAY!

Don't forget - We get to keep Ron Paul.

I'll take none of the above, thank you.

I know where the Bush crime family comes from. It's the fact they chose Texas as their home, and have ruled there. The fact that Texas would elect a turnip like GWB as governor twice speaks volumes. he had to engage in vote fraud to get elected twice for the rest of the US.

Texas also gave us LBJ, sadly. Please, do seceed! I'll vote in favor!

Galvaston Texas will be underwater before San Freak-sisco ever gets there. So will the rest of the Gulf Coast.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

While I do envy the great wilderness you get to live in, I do not see how it is cowardice what so ever to get up and walk away from thieves running our lives and trying to turn us into slaves. I would call it common sense, not cowardice in whatever form that takes, be we the people regain control of this country or we simply take control of own destiny as a separate sovereign nation if the USA can't get it's s* together. Either way is better than being a slave and being dependent on the Federal Government.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I am not sure what makes you think anyone here likes Bush or LBJ and why you base your judgment of 25 million people upon two. There are plenty of other fascist scum in D.C. from all over the country who have similar agendas to the Bush puppets and you choose to complain about one two of them one of which is dead?

Talk about tunnel vision.

Again it this line of thinking (dems vs. repubs) that keeps this country distracted. That is the whole point of talk of succession. It seems that the constitution and the republic is nothing more than buzzwords for most of the USA.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

I don't agree. If I believe 34 States form a Congress to make a change to the Constitution and most of their citizens agree we could say remove the Income Tax. I heard this yesterday and it made sense. Stop the money flow and we take back our country. No money, no power.

Take a hard look around you. Do you have any idea how much of your infrastructure is from or dependent upon Federal revenue? Everything is subsidized by Federal Dollars. Even this Internet we are having this discussion on.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Tripnman

Vermont isn't the only state actually to reserve that right, it's one of very few that have it. Not only does Texas have the right to secede as well... But oddly enough, California has that right as well. But considering how much California has sucked off the teet of the govt. they don't have what it takes to be their own sovereign state. I Think there is still a 4th state that has the right to secede as well, but I honestly can't remember it.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
Peace out girl scouts.

How many times did you flunk U.S. geography? Also I'm positive that Texas has the largest Oil industry in the U.S., most of which is tucked in nicely under the piney woods of East Texas and is yet untapped. Go on and do your research and get back with me.

Also how many times in the last 3 decades has a hurricane devasted anything in the U.S., let alone Texas?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I agree succession should not be the first option nor is it. There are still many avenues to exhaust, however that does not eliminate succession as an option.

Oh and trust me we make enough money here to maintain our infrastructure. All the Federal Government does it take money from one group and transfer wealth to another group and right now Texas gives more than it receives.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I am honestly astounded by the utter ignorance of some of the posters here
I swear it's like all the information people get about texas comes only from movies that paints texans as gun toting, racist rednecks, who apparently, they all think want to secede from the union just because of Obama? Why don't you people get over your d*mn selves! Obama isn't THAT important that he would be the SOLE reason for any american to be pi**sed!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join