It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Secedes??????

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ActivePatriot

No offense taken, I agree, no matter where you are the taxes are getting rediculous... dont even get me started on the tobacco tax...

I was just saying that from my limited experience that Texas wasn't all that bad... I just can't deal with a state that collects income taxes, the Feds get me for enough, lol

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfpack 51
. . . we must always be Americans first above all else, everything after that is just topics to argue about.

That is a big ol' negative.

I am a Texan first, and an American second.

I can assure you that most people in Texas feel that way.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
What I find ridicoulous is the arguments over whether or not Texas can or cannot secede legally, whether or not Texas has a right to per it's state or the U.S. constitutions, bla, bla...

If the people of any state want to secede, the only way to stop them is by force. If it comes to that, rules and policies don't mean a nickels worth of doggie poo.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas
reply to post by Question

Have to agree with you, California is a state filled with pretentious, self-righteous, progressive elite idiots. Most of the problems with America today could be solved if both New York and California fell into the sea.

I have known many Texans and firmly believe they will succeed soon, or certainly as soon as this general immigrant amnesty is approved. Then will follow several other states. The second American revolution approaches.

When southerners kept the phrase "The south will rise again" after the Civil War, they weren't kidding about it. They meant it. By far they are more passionate people than I've seen anywhere else. I'm just glad I happen to have that southern blood in me from birth and it showed in my attitudes, even when I was living most of my time in a northern state. Guess the phrase "Once born a southerner, always a southerner" could be coined here

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by slimpickens93

Exactly, my father was trying to make a point that if they tried to secede legally. The fed might try to BS it's way and finding excuses to NOT allow Texas to secede etc. etc. but from my point of view, if Texas wants to secede from the union, they can, they will and there's nothing the govt. can do except to threaten by force, in which case, the U.S. will have become a nation illegally invading a sovereign free republic. Not that I'd put it past the U.S. govt. to do that, they've done it so many times, they're experts at it.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

It is really a sad day when you put yourself ahead of the nation.

My family goes back several generations in the great state of Texas.

They fought for our rights we have today. What they fought and died for was the United States of America, our country. They were Texas proud, Im Texas proud. I dont mind mouthing off with BS. But when you want to get serious, Texas Session is not the answer. The history for Texas was that the people of this great State never ran from a fight, and keeping our nation is a far greater calling than hauling A_ _ and leaving our country men and women behind.

If you really want to stand for Texas, then organize and fight to reclaim the nation through the system. Get yourself appointed to run for office in some manner, stand and make a line in the sand and recruit others to do the same.

No, being a Texan is not easy. To do what is really right is hard. Session would simply be a way of saying you cant take the heat, you cant stand and fight for what you believe.

It sure sounds so cool to state that "Im a Texan and we all say to hell with the USA, we dont need nothing from anyone". but that is not who the people of this state really are. The people of the Great State of Texas by far are honorable, patriotic, and loyal to our country, and if the poll was taken across this state, overwhelmingly we would not be for deserting our brothers and sisters of the other states.

I read this site because I believe there is a lot of things that arent right, and here I find like minded people on many issues. I think that you are most likely a good, honest and patriotic person. I do not doubt you may feel session is a good option, but I also think if you really set down and soul search that you just might find that the nation as a whole is far greater than any of us divided.

If it is a fight you want, then arm yourself by entering into the system, learn to use the tools there to win back what it is we have lost. Use the power of you persuasion and insight to get others to follow suit. If gaining Texas freedom is the issue, then take the governorship, make a run for the top office and when you win, use your clout to negotiate with the federal government to work to change things for the better.

That is a far more noble goal than sesseding and leaving our country men and women behind.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfpack 51

I don't think anyone Texan or not views secession as a first option but rather as a last resort.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I support secession if it can be done non-violently. Our government is tyrannical.

But then again so are the states ...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Question
reply to post by slimpickens93

Exactly, my father was trying to make a point that if they tried to secede legally. The fed might try to BS it's way and finding excuses to NOT allow Texas to secede etc. etc. but from my point of view, if Texas wants to secede from the union, they can, they will and there's nothing the govt. can do except to threaten by force, in which case, the U.S. will have become a nation illegally invading a sovereign free republic. Not that I'd put it past the U.S. govt. to do that, they've done it so many times, they're experts at it.

They have done it. They now call it the "American civil war". If you're not familiar with it, it was the war when the U.S.A. invaded the Confederate States of America. There was nothing civil about it.

It would be similar to U.S.A. invading Canada but calling it a "civil war", occupying Canada for 150 years, but calling it a free country.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
I support secession if it can be done non-violently. Our government is tyrannical.

But then again so are the states ...

Secession can be done non-violently. The secession of southern states from the U.S.A. back in the 1800's was done non-violently.

It was the war afterwards that was violent.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Reply to Wolfpack 51
reply to post by xxpigxx

It is really a sad day when you put yourself ahead of the nation.

My family goes back several generations in the great state of Texas.

They fought for our rights we have today. What they fought and died for was the United States of America, our country. They were Texas proud, Im Texas proud. I dont mind mouthing off with BS. But when you want to get serious, Texas Session is not the answer. The history for Texas was that the people of this great State never ran from a fight, and keeping our nation is a far greater calling than hauling A_ _ and leaving our country men and women behind.

If you really want to stand for Texas, then organize and fight to reclaim the nation through the system. Get yourself appointed to run for office in some manner, stand and make a line in the sand and recruit others to do the same.

No, being a Texan is not easy. To do what is really right is hard. Session would simply be a way of saying you cant take the heat, you cant stand and fight for what you believe.

It sure sounds so cool to state that "Im a Texan and we all say to hell with the USA, we dont need nothing from anyone". but that is not who the people of this state really are. The people of the Great State of Texas by far are honorable, patriotic, and loyal to our country, and if the poll was taken across this state, overwhelmingly we would not be for deserting our brothers and sisters of the other states.

I read this site because I believe there is a lot of things that arent right, and here I find like minded people on many issues. I think that you are most likely a good, honest and patriotic person. I do not doubt you may feel session is a good option, but I also think if you really set down and soul search that you just might find that the nation as a whole is far greater than any of us divided.

If it is a fight you want, then arm yourself by entering into the system, learn to use the tools there to win back what it is we have lost. Use the power of you persuasion and insight to get others to follow suit. If gaining Texas freedom is the issue, then take the governorship, make a run for the top office and when you win, use your clout to negotiate with the federal government to work to change things for the better.

That is a far more noble goal than sesseding and leaving our country men and women behind.

you write a lot

I am not saying that we should jump and do it now. But if it does happen, I will not be against it, and I know Texas can handle it.

And I am not being selfish. I will put my life on the line for this state faster than I will for the country.

It is sad that you would rather see a great state spiral down the gutter with the rest of the country, than to stand up for what is right. Secession is not the wuss way out. It is saying that we do not like or agree with the direction the country is headed. And it is one of the rights that our US Constitution, and the Texas constitution gives us.

What option do you take when all options are exhausted?

[edit on 4/5/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Exactly right! Why is that so hard to understand? I'm starting to think that some of the anti-secession thinkers are probably upset that Texas has that right and their state doesn't so they want it to tank along with the rest of the country by making up excuses

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
well as soon as Texas declares they are a country ... and they stick to the principals of America ... I'm Moving to Texas... Florida has been BUSHwacked by Jeb.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Here is what is really going on. Governor Rick Perry incorrectly stated during a speech at one of those tea party protests that the state of Texas can secede from the United States if it wants to.

That is not true however. During the Civil War. Texas did in fact seccede. After the south lost the war, The US struck a deal with Texas. That deal was that they Texas could be a state as long as its leaders sign a contract agreeing that it can no longer secede ever again. Well it did get signed. (keep in mind the secession was never legally recognized)

On a side note, Texas DOES have the right to split into 5 smaller states, however there really is no point in doing that, that I can think of. Unless our states governmenr becoems to powerful or something and they need to break it up a bit.... I don't know.

Here check out this website which contains the TRUTh about Texas

www.texassecede.com...

The facts about secession and the state of Texas are provided in the link above. I hope this helps clarify the truth for everyone!

See you around the board!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I don't know where you get your history, but the Texas secession, along with that of the other southern states was in fact legal. Lincoln may not have liked it, and in fact it made him invade the southern states. But it was in fact legal. They may have chosen to ignore it and call it "illegal" but doing so, doesn't make it so. Last I recall, Texas NEVER gave up the right to secede as a whole period. Even so, if Texas decides to secede, it becomes it's own entity, no longer bound by the laws of the U.S. federal govt. hence making any contract null and void, do you honestly think that Texas will split up because of a document that has become null and void the minute they decide to secede from the U.S.?

Let me put this in simpler terms. If texas secedes, texas is NO longer a part of the U.S. it is it's OWN country, therefore, they don't have to answer to the U.S. anymore! Any document, or contract that they may have had regarding the "rules of secession" such as splitting up into 5 separate states become irrelevant (show me the article in the Texas constitution that says so because last I checked, Texas had the right to secede FULLY not separate into 5 states.)

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is that any state in this country has the right to secede (but not the commonwealth's, if I am not mistaken). It says in our founding papers that if the government stops working for the people, the people need to change it.

One can argue that they meant change by elections, but they forget one thing. The WHOLE BASIS for the 2nd amendment was to give the people the ability to change an overpowering government with force, if all else fails.

The Texas Constitution is nearly identical to the US Constitution. The same goes for both the country and the state.

The problem is that people view the country as THE united states of america, when the founding fathers fully intended it to be the UNITED STATES of America. We have, in effect, become 50 counties overseen by a large central government. We were supposed to be, basically, 50 states in an alliance with a small central government to tie it all together.

In essence, it is the right and the DUTY of the people to change the government if the government stops functioning the way it was intended. If secession is what it takes, so be it.

We will have a Civil War/American Revolution 2.

[edit on 4/5/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Agreed, add to that, before we used to be referred to as "THESE united states of america", meaning, plural, not "THE" as in singular.

xxpigxx, if it comes down to a civil war, know that this texan born, georgia citizen will gladly move to join the ranks of the "rebel" texans

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

From your own link:

"Texas is a free and independent State ... All political power is inherent in the people ... they have at all times the inalienable right to alter their government in such manner as they might think proper." — Texas Constitution (1876)

"Governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed... Whenever government becomes destructive to life, liberty, or property [i.e., the pursuit of happiness], it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it... It is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security." — American Declaration of Independence (1776)

Now that that issue is settled . . .

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
i was hoping someone would catch that pig...and if u read the constitutions and stuff carefully you will find that texas does not have to abide by the laws of the USA but only the constitution....oh yea and question, we will welcome you with open arms along with anyone else who wants to join the republic. i'm pretty sure most of the south will follow suit when we secede, i feel it is imminent.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
As I see it, right now the Tenth Amendment has been circumvented by the Federal Government.

Most of the Federal laws are unconstitutional. Most federal laws attempt to take in more legal territory than the Constitution allows.

Those laws are technically invalid.

The War of Northern Aggression was over State's rights. The states that pulled out of the Union, were never formally reintroduced to the United States.

Technically, those Southern States to this day are occupied territory.

I have no idea of what event will precipitate an inability of the Federal Government to function and in turn become inept. It could be a disease gone rampant, a geological catastrophe, a terrorist-generated catastrophe, a political catastrophe, or a financial catastrophe.

But on that day, the States will absolutely have to reinstate their Constitutional authority to supercede the authority of the Fed, and bring law and order to their own people.

In the military, I gave all those Texas boys a good-natured hard time. The tall ones were usually nicknamed, "Shorty." The short, stocky Texans who addressed every argument with fists flying, we would call, "Professor."

Just a reminder. A lot of men at the Alamo were Southerners, especially heavy in boys from Tennessee.

For whatever reason, once you get outside the cities, there's a lot of good boys in the rolling hills of Pennsylvania, the farm lands of Ohio, Montana, the mountains of Idaho, the tidy countryside of New Hampshire, and of course, they now have more in common with most of the Southerners.

What will happen will happen. But it won't ever go back to the exact same way it is now.

States rights, States rule, States law. The way it was intended to be.

Lincoln be damned.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by dooper]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join