It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania Sen. Arlen Specter will switch from the Republican to the Democratic Party

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
just broke on cnn and no available link at this time.

everyone has been saying the republican party is falling apart and this might be the first domino to fall.

im sure rush will not be happy with him.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This is stunning news!!

Absolutely stunning!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Hold on to your butts, the ride is about to get rough fellas....

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
and you are surprised by this why? the idiot voted for the bailout. good riddance we dont need you arlen you garbage senator.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
And what will his interests get in return for this?

To jump ship like this must have required something worthwhile.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I wonder what he was promised in return.

I guess now the Dems have no one to blame but themselves for not getting things done. The bad thing is that they can pass any agenda they so desire.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Soldier

Originally posted by Dark Soldier
and you are surprised by this why? the idiot voted for the bailout. good riddance we dont need you arlen you garbage senator.

not surprised this has been rumored for some time, fox news has even called him a democrat before this jump.

dont act like republicans are any better at this game then the democrats. they screwed up enough in the last 8 years and america has decided its time for someone else to screw things up.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Here's what's at stake, as well as (I'm sure) the underlying reasons... aside from Toomey kicking his butt, that is...

www.post-gazette.com...

Supreme court justice? The man who authored the "magic bullet" theory?

Yay Quaker State!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

not surprised this has been rumored for some time, fox news has even called him a democrat before this jump.

dont act like republicans are any better at this game then the democrats. they screwed up enough in the last 8 years and america has decided its time for someone else to screw things up.

WRONG
democrats came into power in 2006. and for a congress that has like an 11% approval rating, it is amazing they all get voted back in everytime. you can put blame on the democrats some time, belive me those burkenstock sandals wont get tighter.

and like i said before, bush isnt a republican or conservative.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Dark Soldier]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

WRONG
democrats came into power in 2006. and for a congress that has like an 11% approval rating, it is amazing they all get voted back in everytime. you can put blame on the democrats some time, belive me those burkenstock sandals wont get tighter.

and like i said before, bush isnt a republican or conservative.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Dark Soldier]

its so easy to ignore 2000-2006 and i dont remember democrats being in full control of the government after 2006. i think dick cheney was still in control of the white house.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hey, maybe he got a free ride on AF1 with the president for a photo op in and around Manhattan?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Hey, maybe he got a free ride on AF1 with the president for a photo op in and around Manhattan?

when he was a republican and bush was the president did he get to fly b1 bombers into iraq to kill innocent civilians?

my comment was about as asinine as yours.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
LOL, I thought he already switched to being a dem based on his voting record. Arlen Spector is just one more sorry example of someone acting for their political future instead of for the people. I will trade you one Phil Spector for one Arlen Specter.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
I will trade you one Phil Spector for one Arlen Specter.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Here is a link.

voices.washingtonpost.com...

This is a disaster for the GOP.

The immediate result will be the party will push Coleman to fight Franken all the way to the U.S. Supreme court to prevent the Democrats from getting the 60 votes... but that is only a stall tactic since its a long shot. As it stands right now the odds are the court won't take it up if Coleman loses in the state supreme court.

However with the defection of such a prominent politician as Spector it will encourage its more moderate members already uncomfortable with the hard right tilt of the party to abandon ship... both Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe come immediately to mind.

That puts the party in a quandry do they cater to the moderates in order to keep them and run the risk of alienating their base who is continuing to tilt right or do they cater to the base and lose the moderates...

... given what a mess the GOP has become I suspect that they will cater to the base and lose the moderates... after all if the past few months are any indication the GOP is hell bent on irrelevance.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by grover]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

... given what a mess the GOP has become I suspect that they will cater to the base and lose the moderates... after all if the past few months are any indication the GOP is hell bent on irrelevance.

given what a mess the liberals have become, i suspect that they will cater to their base and lose the moderates, after all, if the past few months are any indictation, the liberals are hell bent on destroying our country

fixed it for you

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Regardless of party, Specter has with this move demonstrated that he is exactly the type of career politician this state needs to get rid of!

This is, IMO, not just a bid for reelection... It's the first move in a bid for Supreme Court nomination (If there is a vacancy, which is a distinct possibility).

The man is not only a horribly corrupt politician (in cahoots with "fast" Ed Rendell), he's also a disinfo agent!

www.fiftiesweb.com...

Have we forgotten history? It amazes me that this man continually is reelected!

It IS Pennsylvania, but still!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

We are doing quite fine thank you very much.

I just wonder who I send the sympathy card and flowers to for the GOP?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

We are doing quite fine thank you very much.

I just wonder who I send the sympathy card and flowers to for the GOP?

send them to new york, since the empty suit scared half of them yesterday with his 200k dollar fly over.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join