It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania Sen. Arlen Specter will switch from the Republican to the Democratic Party

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

You lose the intelligent and experienced ones and keep the idiots... How is that a winning formula?

[edit on 28-4-2009 by grover]

Republicans have no "lock" on this. Look at what your candidates and their staffs are accomplishing. Let's start from yesterday's Air Force 1 debacle and work backwards ...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

But who is it that's killing the innocents now in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan?

Answer: the "messiah" (obama)

How else do you expect him to avoid torturing Suspected enemy combatants?

When Republicans do it..it is killing innocents

When Democrats do it... it is simply ignored

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Just heard the great news!

Arlen Spector was a traitor to the Republican Party when he voted for the Porkulus Bill.

Good riddence!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I say who cares which party he's on. You either believe in the constitution or you dont and most in BOTH parties dont reference the constitution before they vote. Regarding Specter he needs to be voted out anyways. He not only voted for the Anti American Patriot Act he voted for the REALLY anti American TARP. Dont vote on party lines or rhetoric vote on how they actually vote.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

In war there is no such thing as an innocent civilian, civilians support and hold up the government there for they are just as much the enemy as any military combatant. All American citizens who pay taxes are supporting the war in Iraq and Afghanistan whether they like it or not. I think we have learned one simple fact from Vietnam to the war in Iraq, If you can break down the civilians and get them to stop supporting the military action its a win win.

The same thing is being done to the U.S only our enemies don't have to bomb civilians anymore they are letting us self destruct from the inside, by those who don't have a mind set to win a war. War is Brutal people die, and the deaths of non-combatants are unavoidable. You can not fight a war and not have non combatants die.

Now as for senator specter, I'm not surprised he was loosing the primary and was not likely to get the nomination, its a political move, even more evident then Mcain choosing Palin as a running mate. I am sure My fine neighbors to the north will see right through this come election day!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Arlen "magic bullet" Specter leaves the GOP for the Democrats as if there is any difference between the two self proclaimed parties.Don't be fooled folks if anyone in our government knows how much of an illusion it is it's Specter.

[edit on 083030p://1126 by mike dangerously]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by grover

You lose the intelligent and experienced ones and keep the idiots... How is that a winning formula?

Republicans have no "lock" on this. Look at what your candidates and their staffs are accomplishing. Let's start from yesterday's Air Force 1 debacle and work backwards ...

ok anyone will agree this was a very stupid idea but how can you make such a big deal out of it when the republicans were abusing and torturing human beings?

its not illegal to be stupid, its illegal to torture .

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Verd_Vhett

Originally posted by Verd_Vhett

In war there is no such thing as an innocent civilian, civilians support and hold up the government there for they are just as much the enemy as any military combatant.

so from the right perspective the people who died on 9/11 were not innocent civilians who were murdered but people who deserved to die because they support the usa government.

my problem with any dead civilian in iraq is the fact it was not a justified war and we shouldnt have been there in the first place.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Is Rush ever happy with anyone who disagrees with him one iota?

Meanwhile, this switch isn't due to ideology differences, nor with suddenly receiving divine inspirations to change his ways. It's just that he doesn't b believe he can be re-elected as a Republican in the primaries, but can possibly win a Democrat primary. He is, after all, just a career politician. Whatever it takes for him to keep himself on the public dole.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

sadly that is all politicians care about. getting paid and re-elected. when can we find some to vote for who actually care about the people and the country.

one thing that i did like about specter over most politicians.
he didnt vote with his party all of the time.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
reply to post by Verd_Vhett

Originally posted by Verd_Vhett

In war there is no such thing as an innocent civilian, civilians support and hold up the government there for they are just as much the enemy as any military combatant.

so from the right perspective the people who died on 9/11 were not innocent civilians who were murdered but people who deserved to die because they support the usa government.

my problem with any dead civilian in iraq is the fact it was not a justified war and we shouldnt have been there in the first place.

So the 10 years we spent and spent our treasure enforcing a no fly zone is justified correct? If we wouldn't have went in then we would still be enforcing that no fly zone.

Saddam used chemical weapons on civilians and killed over half a million people.

For those who say the war wasn't justified really don't understand that we should have went all the way the first time. Otherwise we pussyfoot around playing the UN fly around on our dime for years. UN=Liberal Left plain and simple....

Of course if you don't agree with Gulf War I then you have an argument.

In the end Osama is president now and we should have been long gone by now... So much for the "change" from the chosen one...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Specter's out! Now only if we could get McCain to join him! This is exactly what the Republican party needs!

BTW why is it called the Democratic Party? It's members are called Democrats, not Democratics. If Democratic Party is correct why don't we call the Republican Party the Republicanic Party?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

and then crown palin the queen and jindal the jester!

i personally think all the republican party needs is common sense and a step away from the bible thumpers.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

he could die at any minute

Can't be soon enough for me.

OOPS! Forgot that second line. So, I will add

There are a number of Reps and Senators that I can only hope die any minute

[edit on 28-4-2009 by inthesticks]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
How can you jump ship mid stream?

Republicans voted for this guy,yes?, so he needs to step down until he is elected by his new party of choice .

Obviously this move was self serving.

What a DB.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by inthesticks
reply to post by Schaden

he could die at any minute

Can't be soon enough for me.

OOPS! Forgot that second line. So, I will add

There are a number of Reps and Senators that I can only hope die any minute

[edit on 28-4-2009 by inthesticks]

Vote them out, voti

I would love nothing more then to vote ever last one of the bums out of office.

He is 79, step down for gods sake. JHC!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

but the way it is all set up is another corrupt bum will just step into their places.

where is the reset button for humanity? we have already lost this game.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

You really don't understand language do you RR?

ic and ian are the correct suffix for the words proceeding them:

IC- suffix
1 forming adjectives such as Islamic, terrific.
2 forming nouns such as lyric, mechanic.
3 denoting a particular form or instance of a noun ending in -ics: : aesthetic | dietetic | tactic.
4 Chemistry denoting an element in a higher valence : ferric | sulfuric. Compare with -ous .

Also:

-an (also -ean or -ian)
suffix
1 forming adjectives and nouns esp. from:
• names of places : Ohioan | Russian.
• names of systems : Anglican | Presbyterian.
• names of zoological classes or orders : crustacean.
• names of founders or leaders when referring to them as sources : Chomskyan | Lutheran.
2 Chemistry forming names of organic compounds, chiefly polysaccharides : dextran.
ORIGIN based on Latin -(i)anus, -aeus, adjectival endings.
-ian |ēən; ən| |ɪən|
suffix
forming adjectives and nouns such as antediluvian and Christian. Compare with -an .
ORIGIN from French -ien or Latin -ianus.

And in case you weren't paying attention in school a suffix is:

suffix
noun |ˈsəfiks|
a morpheme added at the end of a word to form a derivative, e.g., -ation, -fy, -ing, -itis.
verb |ˈsəfiks; səˈfiks| |ˈsəfɪks| |səˈfɪks| |səˈfɪks| [ trans. ]
append, esp. as a suffix.
DERIVATIVES
suffixation |ˌsəfikˈsā sh ən| |ˈsəfəkˈseɪʃən| |-ˈseɪʃ(ə)n| noun
ORIGIN late 18th cent. (as a noun): from modern Latin suffixum, neuter past participle (used as a noun) of Latin suffigere, from sub- ‘subordinately’ + figere ‘fasten.’

All quotes are from the Oxford American Dictionary.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Stormdancer777

but the way it is all set up is another corrupt bum will just step into their places.

where is the reset button for humanity? we have already lost this game.

Boy you got that right, it is getting stranger by the day.

Not a day goes by, that I don't wonder if we have not slipped into some alternate reality.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Soldier

reply to post by Dark Soldier

Originally posted by Dark Soldier
and you are surprised by this why? the idiot voted for the bailout. good riddance we dont need you arlen you garbage senator.

not surprised this has been rumored for some time, fox news has even called him a democrat before this jump.

dont act like republicans are any better at this game then the democrats. they screwed up enough in the last 8 years and america has decided its time for someone else to screw things up.

WRONG
democrats came into power in 2006. and for a congress that has like an 11% approval rating, it is amazing they all get voted back in everytime. you can put blame on the democrats some time, belive me those burkenstock sandals wont get tighter.

and like i said before, bush isnt a republican or conservative.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Dark Soldier]

Why on Earth do you CON/REPOS shun BUSH SO???

YOU GUYS VOTED HIM IN TWICE - 2 times - thats 1 ---- 2

I did not

Thats ZERO - 0 - nada

Its ridiculous,

seriously

It is old - BUSH is no different than any other GOP con in power
give me a break

foolish...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join