It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mamana

Here's the thing, it is the secondary infections which turn bacterial that are killing ppl (people). many ppl do not have the ability to fight pneumonia or other infections caused by this virus, many ppl are already fighting other sickness's and those become exacerbated by the swine influenza.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
"OoooohhhhOOoohhhh that smell!!!" Lynard Skynard

www.redorbit.com...

"Authorities have been taking swift action in order to avoid a global state of panic over the new strain of swine flu. Because of the investment made in the United States public health sector, there already exist available drugs and treatments that provide efficient countermeasure. "

"With more than 40 people having contracted this new strain of flu in the United States, the authority given by the FDA has even reached to include health officials and volunteer workers allowing them to distribute Tamiflu and Relenza.

In order to determine whether patients have the new strain, the rRt-PCR Swine Flu Panel diagnostic test has been authorized for testing samples. If the test reads positive, it will be presumed that the patient indeed has the new strain of H1N1 swine flu. A negative result however will be evidence that a patient does not have the virus"

Soooo...what am I reading here: a test will be given and if it "reads positive", it will be PRESUMED that I have this virus,and a nice volunteer will then issue "something" to me.

Unless it's a gold-star sticker like the ones my early teachers gave me this simply...will...not....happen.

Yep...they have got our butts "covered" because of the "investments made."

I agree that at this point,it's ALL about the gathering and culling out of info because there's stuff flying around that's simply boggling my mind.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Health Ministry officials confirmed on Tuesday afternoon that two cases of swine flu had been diagnosed in Israel – both patients are in good condition. A third person is currently under testing

www.israelnationalnews.com...

[edit on 28-4-2009 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ok, to those that have an opinion on my request for information and updates only in this thread. I would say this. Bill deagle has a theory, there are plenty of theories here on Ats. This thread is about up to date information. I too could post my theories based on viral infection, strain jumping and whatever else i couldnt prove but have an opinion on.

This is not what this thread is for and I will continue to raise this issue on any other posting that is not relivant to the thread heading.

respects

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Just found this, didnt listen to it yet, just about to.

"25 minute audio of Alex Jones talking with Dr Bill Deagle and NWO researcher Steve Quayle last night. Deagle and Quayle are 100% agreed that the current Mexico outbreak is a probable precursor to several more "waves", one of which will be "the big one". Both state that they had received intelligence quite a while back that a potential pandemic had been planned."

www.projectcamelot.net...

Just incase any one missed my last post

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Ok, to those that have an opinion on my request for information and updates only in this thread. I would say this. Bill deagle has a theory, there are plenty of theories here on Ats. This thread is about up to date information. I too could post my theories based on viral infection, strain jumping and whatever else i couldnt prove but have an opinion on.

This is not what this thread is for and I will continue to raise this issue on any other posting that is not relivant to the thread heading.

respects

All information is important, you have no right to tell people what to post.. Its not even your thread

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

With all due respect that is not your job, perhaps you should alert the staff to your concerns on these matters.

I believe that relevant comments and opinions should be allowed here, this is ATS after all.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
reply to post by captiva

With all due respect that is not your job, perhaps you should alert the staff to your concerns on these matters.

I believe that relevant comments and opinions should be allowed here, this is ATS after all.

Touche, i couldn't agree more

second line

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
TV NEWS ... Orlando (Disney World) case confirmed.
5 cases in New Jersey ... confirmed.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
After looking at the timeline of this outbreak, it occurred to me:

Is it possible the reason for so many deaths in Mexico and so few elsewhere is that the country is 90% Catholic? Bear with me here a moment.

If you are a devout Catholic, you're ill, and it's Easter, what do you do? My bet is that you make a pilgrimage to your local famous shrine or church and ask for divine help with your illness, or that of your loved one, along with a few tens or hundreds of thousands other faithful, all jammed together, who then disperse back to their hometowns and spread this like wildfire.

The true number of infected could well be in the hundreds of thousands,which would bring the mortality rates in line with previously known epidemics. Given incubation periods, travel time...it fits as well as any other theory, I think.

But that just explains the how. What do you guys think?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Interesting, someone else raised this earlier in the thread. i think they were speaking about it being catholic schools being hit??

respects

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
No as I said they knew this was coming.

Killer flu could come at anytime

Feb 19, 2008

Scientists are worried about Avian influenza, which has decimated bird populations in southeast Asia in the last 10 years and killed more than 100 people in Indonesia this year. Pandemic flu viruses are believed to originate from bird or swine viruses that mutate and transfer to humans. So far, the only way humans can catch bird flu is from birds. If the Avian virus mutates so that it can by human-to-human contact, it could easily become a pandemic flu virus, experts say.

Killer Flu could hit NZ this winter

ealth authorities are warning New Zealand could be hit this winter by a virulent "Brisbane strain" of flu which killed six children in Australia last year.

Furthermore, New Zealanders could prove more vulnerable to the virus this year due to low immunisation rates and several mild flu seasons.

Virologist Lance Jennings told the New Zealand Doctor magazine the country was due for a serious influenza season after a lull lasting several years.

The last serious season - in 2005 - saw three children die from an influenza "B" strain.

National Influenza Strategy Group chair Anne-Marie Frost said this year's vaccine included three strains.

One, dubbed the "Brisbane strain" had killed six children in Australia last winter. European authorities have warned the strain could be the most deadly they have seen in 20 years.

"The ingredients are all there for an influenza season much worse than we've seen before, or for a long time," she told the magazine.

"It's a bit of a bonfire ready to go."

This year's vaccination also contains an H1N1 strain - a variant of which caused the 1918 flu epidemic - and a "B" strain.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by IamNow]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Flashback to five years ago. The CDC proudly admits it's about to start mixing human/avian flu ....

Story Here

Looks like one of theirs might have gotten away from them ...

link   
The Allegan County Health Department says a man who came down with flu-like symptoms does not have swine flu.

link   

Originally posted by captiva
Im not sure if Im thinking along the right lines here and maybe someone could help. Many of the posts have questioned the fact that there have been deaths in Mexico, yet none elsewhere. Ive also noted people posting about 1st, 2nd, 3rd generation contact.

So, my thinking is this.......... Lets take it that those who died were 2nd or 3rd generation contacts. This would mean that previously there had to be milder cses in the population that didnt result in deaths.

Stick with me.......is there any way to find out if there was a previous outbreak of flu in Mexico prior to this time. Maybe 3, 4,5 weeks before.

A. It wouldnt raise much concern because those who had it would just be suffering the conditions being seen outside mexico and it would probably just be classed as a standard viral or flu like infection.

B. The health service and conditions in mexico may mean that the officials didnt equate the initial virus as being the same as the next generation/s that are killing.

I think its important to know whether what we are seeing on our own doorsteps with (mild) symptoms is only the start.

Respects
BTW it seems you have started most of the theory based posts on this very thread.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Mexico City Mayor Marcelo Ebrard is ordering gyms, sports clubs, swimming pools and pool halls closed.
Restaurants in Mexico City are being ordered to serve only takeout food in a widening shutdown to prevent the spread of a deadly swine flu outbreak.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Container of swine virus explodes on Swiss train

uk.reuters.com...

People dig deep on this flu stuff!!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Ok if those who replied to a very genuine and polite request that the thread be used as per its original purpose are quite finished. Lets move on and let the mods decide. Im sure there are far more important things to be posting than little old me...yea?

Now where were we...

respects

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
2nd suspected case in cortland county, NY 10 min down the road from me

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Captiva............everyone moved on 10 flu cases ago!!

Lets move forward

top topics

<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join