It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I have heard that may be just rumor and maybe not a lot of truth to that one,

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
reply to post by TheCoffinman

oops soz double post

[edit on 28-4-2009 by jonny2410]

It really kind of bothers me that there are only 2 places in the states where samples are being tested. Perhaps if we had more we would get a true scale, rather than.. "28 confirmed and 60 told to take aspirin and stay home".

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The Rockland County Health Department says it's investigating two suspected cases of swine flu. The department says the two residents have been ill over the past several days after traveling to Mexico

Carolina's health director says the number of suspected swine flu cases in North Carolina is rising. Dr. Jeffrey Engel would not say how many suspected cases have been reported in the state

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I had never listened to Alex Jones and hadnt really ever heard of him. I started listening saturday. Today he is really getting worked up over this.

I dont know much back story on him is he a fear Mounger? His show is on now!

link   
The WHO is calling the virus "North American Influenza"

info is comin in fast...

link   
reply to post by ImzadiDax

i suspect the true scale and numbers are being hidden

link   
reply to post by asala

Ive not known Reuters alertnet for rumors.

WHO awaits U.S. confirmation on human flu spread
www.alertnet.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

There is a media blackout in the UK (apparently, according to my sources) Cases will be slowly disclosed in order not to cause panic.

The same could be true in the United States.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Breaking news, there are 2 more confirmed cases in Canada.

Alberta confirms 2 cases of swine flu

Two human cases of swine flu have been confirmed in Alberta, the province's chief medical officer of health said Tuesday.

Source: www.cbc.ca...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ImzadiDax

Aspirin? Are they on crack?

Thats one of the main contributing factors to the lethality of the 1918 Spanish Flu.

It lowered the fevers and reduced the body's ability to fight the flu.

Aspirin is a bad idea. It could literally kill you.

[edit on 28/4/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

There were suggestions a human-to-human transmission is occurring too, a leak from officials in Canada. WHO has not confirmed it though.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by asala

There is a media blackout in the UK (apparently, according to my sources) Cases will be slowly disclosed in order not to cause panic.

Who are your sources please?

link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Yep, and i hope that it is a rumor.. But who knows?

The thing is right now is everyone is trying to get the news out on this, Its in demand and in doing so even rumors may get in to the main stream media,

It could be true... Lets just hope its not, A level 5 would be a scary place to be,

link   

reply to post by asala

yeah too right in the uk it all seems so strange, the woman (dont know her name) who announced the scotland cases was so tetchy giving her press conference, every other minute was "please dont panic, its fine".

I suspect it could be worse than they are letting on

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

I do not disclose sources.
People who have access to Parliament and the British government. That is all I am saying.

link   
Even if we're being told the exact number of cases as they're becoming known, this information still lags behind the real growth of the virus. I heard at first the incubation period was 48 hours, but now I'm hearing it's more like 4 days.

This means that at a minimum, what is being reported is 96 hours behind the actual spread of this. Think of how many new cases has been reported since last Friday? This is pandemic, it's just not officially announced yet.

link   
reply to post by asala

I don't think a 5 would really be much different than right now. Except in Asian countries that don't play around with outbreaks.

The response in America has been and will likely be like the lethargic response to Hurricane Katrina.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I have a few friends who work in certain areas, info is not privy but kept shh for now, and is common practice i believe in a big event such as this,

Standard procedure,

[edit on 28-4-2009 by asala]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Why are they calling this the "swine flu", when it has elements of swine, bird, and human flu? It's obviously man-made. We should be calling this a "terrorist attack" .... And, we should find those responsible and persecute them.

----------------------------

O-315

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I do not disclose sources.
People who have access to Parliament and the British government. That is all I am saying.

you have sources in the british parliment? Do you mind me asking you what your occupation is?

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join