It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Breaking right now on WXNT radio here in Indiana: "One confirmed case here, the person did not travel to Mexico, be serious, but do not panic;

Stop shaking hands, start carrying hand sanitizer, stay home if sick, the usual stuff.

From the Indiana State Department of Health commisioner. The case is in northern Indiana."

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Mexico City: Approximately 35,000 restaurants ordered closed or partially closed by government. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Local TV: The Indiana State Department of Health confirms that there is a case of swine flu in Indiana.1 minute ago from BNO Headquarters

Mexico City: National Chamber of Restaurants and Food Services (Canirac) states restaurant sales down 70%. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Mexico City: Mayor orders all billiard halls, gyms, and sports clubs closed. Fund set up to support families affected by swine influenza.half a minute ago from web

Israel: Health Ministry announces new confirmed swine influenza case; individual hospitalized in Kfar Saba. #swineflu8 minutes ago from web

Local media is reporting the first case of swine flu in Orlando, Florida.2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

Reuters: EU commission says no plan to restrict U.S. food, livestock imports over swine flu.half a minute ago from BNO Headquarters

[edit on 4/28/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

JEEZ! you are fast!! And I live here!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

I dont imagine how they could cover up deaths outside of mexico. Relatives would not let that happen. Word of mouth is a very powerfull means of getting info to others.

respects

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
World health influenza centre says: One of the cases in the U.K will inevitably die from swine flu. Breaking on Sky News.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
its only a matter of time before deaths occur outside of mexico

spreading too fast

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Ernst & Young employee has swine flu in NY

NEW YORK, April 28 (Reuters) - A woman employee at the accounting firm of Ernst & Young in New York has been diagnosed with swine flu, a company spokesman said on Tuesday, the first case reported in the city's financial community.

A memo to staff said: "A staff member at 5 Times Square became ill Sunday after contact with a family member who had been exposed to the virus. She has now been treated, is resting at home and is doing well."

www.alertnet.org...

This is one of the first clear cases of human to human transmission inside the United States.

link   
I really think they will cover up the deaths outside of mexico as long as they can and I bet we arent hearing the entire truth on Mexico either.

I hate this the PTB dont think we have a right to know. They seem to think we cant handle the truth. My thought is that if we know about the deaths then more people will get prepaired. But then the PTB probably think the more we prepair the less we will follow them blindly to whatever they want us to do. I am starting to get really cranky about the whole situation.

link   
Mexico City: Approximately 35,000 restaurants ordered closed or partially closed by government. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Honduras: Two new suspected swine influenza cases identified; previously reported suspected case dismissed. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

Reuters: Ecuador bans imports of pigs and pork from Mexico and the United States on flu fears2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Which means they KNEW about this virus
Which means !!!!

Talk about a conspiracy

here's a lengthy piece concerning Los Angeles, and their expectation of an increase in those infected..

L.A. County Braces For
Swine Flu Outbreak

Los Angeles (myFOXla.com) - With an outbreak of swine flu in Los Angeles County regarded as inevitable, results were pending today to determine if a woman and her daughter who became ill after returning from a trip to Mexico will be listed as the county's first confirmed cases.

The girl attends Claremont's Our Lady of the Assumption School, which will be closed today. She and her mother became ill over the weekend, four days after they returned from a trip to Mexico, according to the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles.

Both the girl and her mother have been tested for swine flu, and the results are pending.

Inevitable?

What is up with all these Catholic schools being infected? Not implying anything. Just saying...

link   
Hand sanitizer is an AWFUL idea.

Do you know what Purell does?

Kills all the weak viruses and leaves the stronger ones to reproduce.

That's how things mutate and become resistant.

Just wash your hands with soap. It's that simple.

link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

cite or link please?

Not a one line post

respects

link   
World health influenza centre says: One of the cases in the U.K will inevitably die from swine flu. Breaking on Sky News.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Its just breaking on television, Im watching sky news now.. No links

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ignorance Denied

Source, or it didnt happen. You may say Sky News, but until I read a article stating this... it's just hype.
edit to say: I'm a slow typer, Sorry ID.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Chiiru]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru

Source, or it didnt happen. You may say Sky News, but until I read a article stating this... it's just hype.

Ok then, because you didnt see it on sky news like i did, it didnt happen? They said it ok.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
EAST AFRICA: "God help us if it reaches here"

NAIROBI, 28 April 2009 (IRIN) - The East African region is generally not well prepared for a pandemic like swine flu which has killed more than 100 in Mexico and is spreading to other countries, an expert said.

Most people in the region do not have access even to basic health care and many die from preventable diseases. The main problem is a critical shortage of health workers. While there are 250 doctors per 100,000 people in the UK, Sudan has only 16, according to the African Medical and Research Foundation (AMREF).

www.alertnet.org...

The WHO is also supposed to begin shifting response efforts to developing nations. The affects of the virus on developing nations could end up being catastrophic.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

Sky News isn't an awesome source. If it's true, it should be available from other news sources as well.

link   

Originally posted by Chiiru

Ok then, because you didnt see it on sky news like i did, it didnt happen? They said it ok.

yep they said it, on the yellow ticker

link   

WHO awaits U.S. confirmation on human flu spread

* WHO awaits U.S. confirmation on human-to-human spread

* If confirmed, phase 5 pandemic alert could be declared

* Questions remain on low mortality in Mexico

Article

new topics

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join