It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Just wanted to snip this part for those of us in WNY.

Buffalo News

Besides the two possible cases in Chautauqua County, testing is being done on individuals from Monroe, Cortland and Suffolk counties.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
a 3rd suspected swine flu case in cortland county, NY

I should have added the name of my county, we are Monroe.

This covers the Buffalo and Rochester areas, far Western NY, and Cortland is south of Syracuse. I guess now we wait for results.

I missed Suffolk.

Where in Western NY are you if I may ask? Rochester here.

[edit on 4/28/2009 by redhead57]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
a 3rd suspected swine flu case in cortland county, NY

I should have added the name of my county, we are Monroe.

This covers the Buffalo and Rochester areas, far Western NY, and Cortland is south of Syracuse. I guess now we wait for results.

im in tompkins county which is right next to cortland...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Yeah I am listening to Alex Jones now too. If they start forcing shots!! I am not sure what to do, my wife wont leave here!! I have supplies and a tent but crap what do you do?? It is getting ugly quicker than I thought it would. I am not in Panic mode, but when they up it to level 5 I will be

That is when things are gonna start really getting crazy? Lets hope no level 5.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

We have included two Google maps on this page, pinpointing outbreaks of H1N1 swine flu in 2009, together with source attributions, report dates, and current known statuses. These maps are continually updated with the latest suspected and confirmed cases of swine flu, as reports come in. Please note that these swine flu maps are not owned or updated by Medical News Today staff and, therefore, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided by them.

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
what is the likelyhood the level will be raised to 5?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
as i stated in my last post about the rainstorms...get this peeps the rain is not that bad and the water is receeding but RED CROSS SHELTERS are poping up in places all over houston HMMMMMMM

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Ireland

The 4 suspected cases there have tested negative,

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
After looking at the timeline of this outbreak, it occurred to me:

Is it possible the reason for so many deaths in Mexico and so few elsewhere is that the country is 90% Catholic? Bear with me here a moment.

If you are a devout Catholic, you're ill, and it's Easter, what do you do? My bet is that you make a pilgrimage to your local famous shrine or church and ask for divine help with your illness, or that of your loved one, along with a few tens or hundreds of thousands other faithful, all jammed together, who then disperse back to their hometowns and spread this like wildfire.

The true number of infected could well be in the hundreds of thousands,which would bring the mortality rates in line with previously known epidemics. Given incubation periods, travel time...it fits as well as any other theory, I think.

But that just explains the how. What do you guys think?

Apologies for quoting myself, but I looked up this year's Easter celebrations in Mexico and found this:

Holy Thursday or Maundy Thursday (Jueves Santo) commemorates the Last Supper shared by Jesus with his disciples and Jesus' betrayal by Judas. In Oaxaca City, it's a tradition to visit seven churches.

Mazatlán is home to the third-largest Carnival celebration in the world after those in Rio de Janeiro and New Orleans. Attracting more than 400,000 people, the event features singing and dancing. Veracruz City hosts the second-largest carnival in Mexico, followed by Merida and Cozumel.

gomexico.about.com...

Obviously, circumstances coincided to provide the absolutely perfect conditions for a massive transmission rate. Just think of how many people just one ill person could infect visiting seven churches in one day seeking divine help!! The timing couldn't have been worse: after the inital outbreak but before recognition. Hundreds of thousands of people may have gotten ill and recovered without much notice. What we are seeing then are the worst cases of a far larger number of ill than has been reported.

Thinking this through, it would imply that while this is very bad for Mexico, for the rest of the world it might, and I stress might, mean a more or less normal flu: mild for most people. The way to test the theory is to check for antibodies in folks who may have felt ill a few weeks ago.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by apacheman]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
WHO reports :

Number of "lab confirmed" cases of swine flu rises to 79 worldwide.

Sky news live now.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
4 more cases , now 68 instead of 64 in United States - US authorities - sky news

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Edited - Above poster beat me

[edit on 28-4-2009 by asala]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Depends if the human-to-human transmission in New York is confirmed (which is likely.)

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
4 more cases , now 68 instead of 64 in United States - US authorities - sky news

where are the 4 new ones?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Ireland

The 4 suspected cases there have tested negative,

THANK GOD FOR THAT

But i fear that its inevitable that we will get it here in Ireland..

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
An associate of mine who is a nurse performed a swab test last night on an individual who showed all symptoms who just got off a airplane out of Houston to SW MO.......

Flights to SW MO go into Tulsa, Springfield and NW Arkansas..........

I don't have any other info as of now on this case but since this is in a rual area its not in the media........Seeing the red cross set stations in Houston makes me wonder.......

I will post when I hear more..........

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Two cases of human swine influenza have been confirmed in Alberta, one in Calgary and the other in northern Alberta, Alberta Health and Wellness has reported

www.edmontonjournal.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The Eastern Idaho Public Health District says they've received the test results back from three of the four suspected swine flu cases. The two cases in Madison County tested negative, as well as the suspected case in Ada County

link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

they didnt say where , just that the national toll was now 68

link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

oops soz double post

[edit on 28-4-2009 by jonny2410]

top topics

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join