It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
For what it's worth, your normal flu is just as 'pandemic' as this one is. If someone with a flu gives it to a guy from Germany, who flies home and gives it to his son, who gives it to 20 people at his school, who goes on a field trip to Rome... and so on.. well, this is no different.

The flu does this. This is not abnormal. The abnormal bit would be people dying from it of course, that's the 'bad' part. But we are not seeing this. I am growing less concerned daily about global effects of this. Yes, many in the world may catch this, but if they get mild flu symptoms and that's it, there is nothing to worry about.

I don't know why things are worse in Mexico, but if the deaths are localized, then it's a local tragedy, but not a global pandemic worth having panic attacks over.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

Lol

I'm not MI5. infinite is not a spook and I certainly will not be discussing my private life over an internet forum. Back to topic...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
3 confirmed in sacramento, california

link   
reply to post by fleabit

The part you are missing about this is that usually you've already been exposed to another version of the common virus. Meaning you've got antibodies.

This one is potentially pandemic because NO ONE ON EARTH has any antibodies to it. Because it is new. Not a mutation of a previous strain.

link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
3 confirmed in sacramento, california

so thats 71 now?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Lol

I'm not MI5. infinite is not a spook and I certainly will not be discussing my private life over an internet forum. Back to topic...

Who ever said anything about MI5?

Second line

link   

Originally posted by organism315
Why are they calling this the "swine flu", when it has elements of swine, bird, and human flu? It's obviously man-made. We should be calling this a "terrorist attack" .... And, we should find those responsible and persecute them.

----------------------------

O-315

The WHO are now calling it, "North American Influenza"

link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Travelled from Mexico or has the virus spread across the border?

There were large outbreaks along the US-Mexican border during the start of this crisis.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

It is an old ATS joke.
Apparently, due to me being the FSME for the New World Order, I was the leader of it lol

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

They could call it Hippo flu for all i care, but it wouldn't make a difference to me. Same with the Israelis renaming it....its pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Kram09]

link   

Originally posted by infinite

Lol

How do you expect me to believe you have sources in britsh government if you wont give me an inch?

Ok, lets just pretend that i believe you.. What else have these people in british government/parliment told you?

link   
reply to post by organism315

Why are they calling this the "swine flu", when it has elements of swine, bird, and human flu? It's obviously man-made. We should be calling this a "terrorist attack" .... And, we should find those responsible and persecute them.

O-315

and if this is a product of nature we should destroy the earth. wait i think we are already doing that.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

O-315

That's not obvious, that's just speculation.

It's called swine flue because that's where the last link is from. Like bird flu, it's not simply a flu of birds, but where it came from.

People need to realize the world is ever more interconnected daily. Inner-continental flight has made this possible, period!

It's not at all outside the realm of possibility (this many strains from several continents intertwining) it's just been thought of as improbable.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I was blasted and flammed last night for not giving a source with-in the CDC.........

I am in healthcare.......and some sources can't be revealed....period!

The information is given in good faith for those to read, discuss and digest......and hopefully the info will be appreciated considering the risk of exposure involved........

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
1 confirmed in costa rica, 13 suspected in singapore...

maps.google.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I do give an inch, but only to certain members who earn the right to have access to my information. I don't have to justify myself for you. You've been at ATS for five minutes and you expect me to give you names lol

This isn't the place for this. Take this to U2U or leave it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
On checking it seems that media- net reporting that there are 23 confirmed cases in the UK is incorrect...there are only the 2 in Monklands Hospital and the rest are unconfirmed and none have been hospitalised. Has anyone else checked and found this to be correct?

respects

link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by infinite

I was blasted and flammed last night for not giving a source with-in the CDC.........

I am in healthcare.......and some sources can't be revealed....period!

The information is given in good faith for those to read, discuss and digest......and hopefully the info will be appreciated considering the risk of exposure involved........

Yeah well you have to understand that there is so many idiots on ats claiming to be this and that.. Its hard to believe anyone.

link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Agreed.

I've been here since 2003 and I'm not sharing sources with people who have not earned the right to be trusted. Yes, it is candid of me but you earn it.

Certain new members should understand that.

link   
Reply to post by Ignorance Denied

infinite is the real deal when it comes to info from the uk. ill give a plus one.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join