It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
WCBS-TV: The number of confirmed swine flu cases in New York City has risen to 45, CDC said Tuesday morning.1 minute ago from BNO Headquarters

Mexico, Juarez: Four suspected swine influenza cases ruled out. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I saw that on Sky news too. It said that it's inevitable that SOMEONE in the UK will die from swine flu; it didn't say that one of the currently infected people would die or that any deaths are imminent. I think it was quite misleading and irresponsible.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pazzzzz
news.sky.com...

Thanks a million man will be glued to that one =)

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I disagree and ask you what relivance the video has on a thread listed under the heading :

Swine flu news and updates

there are many other threads available for heresay and personal opinions. Im sure the ops would agree with me.

respects

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pazzzzz
news.sky.com...

thanks a million! Listening now

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamana
I saw that on Sky news too. It said that it's inevitable that SOMEONE in the UK will die from swine flu; it didn't say that one of the currently infected people would die or that any deaths are imminent. I think it was quite misleading and irresponsible.

What a cheerful news. Someone should shot down who figured out this news.

"Someone will die in the UK. And it can be you. So, prepare, bro."

They want to avoid to create panic, while they create the panic.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by ShadowIntelligence]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

The relevance is that the man is speaking about the potential problems Swin Flu could cause as early as 2006.

Look I'm not here to argue with you, led the mods do the administration of these threads, I'm sure if it was a problem they'd remove it themselves.

After all, that's why we have a staff right? They make these kinds of decisions, if you have a problem than alert them of the post.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Suggesting that someone is going to die in the UK because of this outbreak is extremely dangerous and facetious. It will cause panic.

Very unwise comments.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

The reason why the CDC and the WHO organization is worried about this boils down to two things:

1. It primarily affects healthy adults

2. It is highly virulent

Deaths caused by regular influenza and other comparably virulent diseases are primarily limited to unhealthy or weak people, meaning mostly older people and some children.

Many of the deaths caused worldwide by virulent diseases, like Malaria, occur primarliy in developing, aka Third world, countries.

On the other hand this virus is different in all respects.

It can affect healthy adults in developed nations.

link   
Mexico: Pork Industry Negatively Impacted by Swine Influenza Outbreak; Pork Sales Fall by 80%. #swinefluhalf a minute ago from web

Hong Kong: Reports of "panic" buying of face masks and Tamiflu over swine influenza concerns. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

Middle East: A Gulf Cooperation Council health ministers meeting convened to discuss swine influenza. #swineflu5 minutes ago from web

link   
reply to post by infinite

I wil agree on that one. Saying that somebody will inevitably die from something that's caused deaths in only a single country is a little pre-mature and will cause panic.

What were they thinkink?

~Keeper

link   
reply to post by captiva

Go stand at the restroom at your local grocery, then follow (secretly) the ppl you see NOT wash their hands go to the produce section, next stand at the produce section and watch as ppl (people) cough, sneeze, pick their noses and touch every single piece of fruit and vegetable before they choose their pick...

Then think of the workers that set up those attractive clean looking stacks of produce and count how many times they touch their faces, hair, and body as they place the produce in the racks.

And again while you watch this contemplate how many ppl worked in the food distribution warehouses, sick and sneezing, coughing as they loaded and handled the product as it goes to the trucks, where there again several ppl come in contact with the produce.

Finally, ponder how the produce came to the food distribution warehouses, did it come from Mexico or other areas that use ppl from Mexico or other places to work the fields? Did they have time to go 1/4 mile to the outhouse? Or did they simply pull em down, pee or worse and go on?

Are those workers in a position to call in sick? Or did they show up sick and when they needed to cough or sneeze take time to do it in a cloth and toss it , wash their hands and or wear a mask to keep from contaminating the produce?

Now this is simply the produce section...

Each time you grab a can or bottle, do you consider the same? when you buy a cold drink do you think of the hands that one bottle or can encounters before you take it, open and refresh yourself?

Be careful. Think, and know that awareness comes with great personal responsibility.

Especially for those with babies, think about this next time you open a can of formula or a jar of baby food, squeeze out the lotion from the clean looking baby lotion and powder. Just because it is new and looks clean does not mean that it is.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Here's a link to a page that explains the relative effectiveness of masks...

www.fluwikie.com...

Interestingly enough, people are going crazy buying up N95 masks (I'll have to admit I ordered 20 of these from Amazon the other day) HOWEVER, according to this site, N95 masks are not effective against airborne particles of flu virus.

FYI and check it out.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Posting this video highlights exactly what is happening right now. If you want ATS members to post information about this event then they need to know what they are looking at.......not what the media is telling us......Anyone can post body counts and what schools are closing........This is ATS, an alternative media outlet...........3/4 of these post on this thread you can find in the propoganda main stream media news........

We all need to understand what this strain is..........God did not create this strain through natural mutation.......It can't be done!!!!! Man did in the lab and the video gives insight to this.......

Yes knowing where the virus has spread and the body count is important but we need to dig deeper unlike the media........just look at my post on the numbers coming out of Mexico.....they don't add up??? Do you wonder why???? A 10.5% mortality rate and no one questions why???

With all respect to your post and comments.........this videos gives insight to what the media is not telling us.........and gives the direction to dig deep!

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I suppose but they only posted one video, give them a break. I mean we have a ton of threads which are all basically discussing the same central subject which is the flu outbreak.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
That is rather alarmist for Sky news.

Some people are going to die from this flu, and we should not forget that so far many confirmed infections outside of Mexico have been reported to only have mild symptoms... The common flu kills thousands regularly, so one death should not be a major cause for alarm here. Sky news should think before reporting stuff like that.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Im sure your post was well meaning, and very well written but, maybe Ive been on here too long, and it is with that as a reason that I feel I havnt a clue why you would post it in reply to me.?

respects

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
They have been telling us for years that killer flu was going to hit the UK, they also said up to 750.000 could die in the UK alone.

09 AUG 08 1 in 2 Brits would be hit by killer flu

23 Nov 07 Hospital alert for killer flu crisis

Mass outbreaks happen every 30 to 40 years so why is everyone so shocked, viruses evolve just like everything else including news coverage. There is a lot of scaremongering going on in the MSM, I wouldn't trust Sky News at all when they come out with things like "it is inevitable someone in the UK will die from swine fever" it's also inevitable someone will work out their BS scare tactics.

Also there has been plenty of talk about Tamiflu that in my opinon is a total waste of time and there even telling us this.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

That was bird flu.

Not H1N1. H51N1 was regarded and described as the the "deadly flu"

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Just found this, didnt listen to it yet, just about to.

25 minute audio of Alex Jones talking with Dr Bill Deagle and NWO researcher Steve Quayle last night. Deagle and Quayle are 100% agreed that the current Mexico outbreak is a probable precursor to several more "waves", one of which will be "the big one". Both state that they had received intelligence quite a while back that a potential pandemic had been planned.

www.projectcamelot.net...

new topics

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join