It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 366
<< 363  364  365    367  368  369 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Egyptian boy contracts bird flu - MENA
www.reuters.com...

5-year-old female from Egypt's Tama District has been diagnosed with a human case of bird flu, the Ministry of Health confirms. 3 minutes ago from web

# Inverclyde: One Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) : Date: May 15, 2009 15:25 UTC Risk: Medium The British Broadcasting Corporation..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

# Greenock: Mother And Child Confirmed With Influenza A (H1N1) : Date: May 15, 2009 15:25 UTC Risk: Medium The British Broadcasting Cor..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

# Brno: Second Individual Hospitalized For Suspected Influenza A (H1N1): Date: May 15, 2009 14:47 UTC Risk: Medium Medifax, a national ..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

# New Zealand: Two More Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Confirmed; Nine Cases Total: Date: May 15, 2009 13:49 UTC Risk: Medium Multiple media ..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

Probable Swine Flu at Philly Elementary School
www.nbcphiladelphia.com...

Two Swine Flu Cases Confirmed in Saline County
www.ksallink.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The rest of the world sails by and tuts at the news.... Found this on my manic googling travels...

all these people have pre-existing complications.. wake me up when we get an actual death. I don't think we have anything to worry about yet

SOURCE

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

# Brno: Second Individual Hospitalized For Suspected Influenza A (H1N1): Date: May 15, 2009 14:47 UTC Risk: Medium Medifax, a national ..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

Yikes... that's 19 miles away from my family...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

I've been keeping up diligently, trying to keep myself composed and calm!
Also, re-reading all of the preparedness informatiom in between.

The wierdest thing happened on Wenesday. Literally, right at the exact time I was reading the PDf file published on Pandemic preparedness for all branches of the military, my co-worker in the National Guard burst in my office. She had just been sent a four page alert on the same topic! She has drill this weekend and is taking all of the documentation I gave her and promises to try and get some more details.

This might not be that important, but I thought the coincidence eerie...

Thanks to all keeping us informed!
FMF

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Pneumonia is an inflammatory illness of the lung.[1] Frequently, it is described as lung parenchyma/alveolar inflammation and abnormal alveolar filling with fluid (consolidation and exudation).[2] The alveoli are microscopic air-filled sacs in the lungs responsible for absorbing oxygen. Pneumonia can result from a variety of causes, including infection with bacteria, viruses, fungi, or parasites, and chemical or physical injury to the lungs. Its cause may also be officially described as idiopathic—that is, unknown—when infectious causes have been excluded. Typical symptoms associated with pneumonia include cough, chest pain, fever, and difficulty in breathing. Diagnostic tools include x-rays and examination of the sputum. Treatment depends on the cause of pneumonia; bacterial pneumonia is treated with antibiotics. Pneumonia is a common illness which occurs in all age groups, and is a leading cause of death among the elderly and people who are chronically and terminally ill. Vaccines to prevent certain types of pneumonia are available. The prognosis depends on the type of pneumonia, the appropriate treatment, any complications, and the person's underlying health.

SOURCE

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
A couple of important notes, I'm re-reading the conversation I had last night and I was falling asleep so I missed some important points.

1. The current upswing in activity will be used to "un-bury" some of the previous "hidden" deaths from April and May. We may very well have a dozen US deaths reported by this weekend.

2. We're starting to see evidence of a mutation in the NA Flu. If so, this is bad news. We should not be seeing this for another couple of months. Worse yet, this mutation seems to have been able to spread to a wide area.

3. There is no state without infected persons. The reporting just hasn't caught up yet. In some cases, the reporting is behind by 12 days and counting.

4. The replacing of the CDC head has massive implications. Watch this one and watch for the change in tactics when the new head comes in. This is being done to provide an excuse for a required adaption in the response mechanism.

5. Don't gloss over the difference in the CAR (Clinical Attack Rate) between adults and children. 40-50% in adults and 90% in children is not "normal". This has some pretty scary implications about the origins and purpose of this virus.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
The rest of the world sails by and tuts at the news.... Found this on my manic googling travels...

all these people have pre-existing complications.. wake me up when we get an actual death. I don't think we have anything to worry about yet

SOURCE

You have to give the PTB credit for knowing how to manipulate the sheep. The addition of "underlying conditions" to every death report is a CDC mandate direct from the top. Now you see exactly why it's being done.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Mutations make swine flu virus more dangerous than AIDS
english.pravda.ru...

WLBT: Miss. has 'first cases' of H1N1 Swine Flu, according to health dept.
2 minutes ago from TweetDeck

5 new cases of swine flu confirmed in Madison County
www.siouxcityjournal.com...

moose__: First swine flu death in AZ. Just saw at least 9 cop cars pass by me with lights on. Wonder if the news correlates. 10 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

Back Door:
Obama taps NYC health commissioner to head CDC
news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 5/15/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Many thanks to Hx3 for keeping us all up to date. Fantastic postings from Twitter news and so many other sources.

Right now, we are in Level 6 Pandemic, regardless of the "authorities" choice to not go there.

From now on, I think I may start calling this virus: Stealth A(H1N1).

Big story in the works... how many people are walking around infected who don't know it... yet. It's like the sci-fi movie from the 50's about the alien pods taking over human bodies. You don't know who has it and who doesn't.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Swine Flu: United States Swine Influenza, H1N1 Confirmed Case
Friday, 15 May 2009
www.imperialvalleynews.com...

Fear of Pandemic Spreads as Death Toll Rises
The Dangers of Swine Flu and Bird Flu
pandemicinfosite.com

Crews Scrub Queens Schools Hit by Flu Outbreak
www.nytimes.com...

nocturnale: Just transferred a patient who was on the same flight as Malaysia's first confirmed case of H1N1 to Sg Buloh. My heart is racing. 15 minutes ago from TwitToday

[edit on 5/15/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Underlying health conditions? The princpal from NY I guess he must of had a hugh kidney stone do to gout to be causing liver failure which is preventing them from treating h1n1. To me gout makes no sence. Worst cases of gout lead to kidney stones.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
been away all day so just been reading thread now.
it might just be me but the impression i am getting is today has been hectic in terms of news. It seems we are turning a corner for the worse i fear with more reports of deaths, not to mention 1000 cases overnight.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
If and i pray he does not die, but if the principal in NY dies just wait for the "underlying health conditions tag". He has none as far as we know so far so if that crops up it is censorship at its very best.

edit - so do we have confirmation of the death in Texas today Hx? that would be the fifth death in the US. thanks for the great work by the way.

edit again lol, looks like it was confirmed.
oh look, im getting deja vu:

"US, Texas: The fatal influenza A (H1N1) case had underlying health conditions. #swineflu"

[edit on 15-5-2009 by jonny2410]

[edit on 15-5-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
US, Kansas: State officials confirm four new cases of influenza A (H1N1) bringing state total to 34. #swineflu

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Ok, well the surveillance criteria in my area has now changed. Public Health will only accept specimens with the following:

Clinicians should send specimens* for testing for swine influenza through Public Health on patients who are:

Hospitalized with:
influenza-like illness [ILI, defined as fever ≥37.8ºC (100ºF) and a cough and/or sore throat], OR
pneumonia or severe, unexplained febrile respiratory illness, OR
sepsis-like syndrome (in infants, adults ≥65 years of age, or persons with compromised immune systems who may have atypical presentation for influenza);
OR

Have ILI (defined above) and:
are healthcare workers, OR
are pregnant, OR
are part of a cluster (3 or more) of people (e.g., school, institution, workplace) with ILI, OR
live in an institutional setting (prison, homeless shelter, etc.).
Public Health will accept specimens only on patients meeting the current testing criteria.

There is no way to accurately tell who has the swine flu in my state.

I have had a feeling all along the reason they allowed this to spread was so we could develop the "herd immunity" so that we may have some protection in the fall if this virus becomes more serious then. They didn't expect the "secondary attack".

On a personal note, I believe in being prepared - I live in a state that at any time could be hit with a major earthquake (yep you now know where I live). That being said, we are also facing the worst economic collapse in our states history (aside from what is going on globally). Now we have this flu pandemic. I deal with my family thinking I am extreme in my preparations for survival in a crisis. My friends laugh off any suggestions that we might be in a whole world of hurt soon. But still, I quietly go about making sure "they" will have a better chance at survival. I sincerely hope that I never need my survival supplies - but the reality is, more than likely I will.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
2 more deaths in Mexico, 66 total there , 73 total global

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
when these people are getting confirmed are they getting admitted to the hospital or what? Are all cases getting sent to the hospital or are they just getting their issue of tamaflu, and sent home? What I am getting at is I am trying to see the severity here. I am just hearing tally's.. Def. some serious censorship on this story... I am trying to find accounts on severity online and I cannot find any..

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Going back a few pages a lady asked the question:

What happens when we get to level 6?

Without causing panic [as I believe Thursday next week at the latest we will be in 6] can all of you explain what you are ding in prep for level 6?

I have done a huge shop... I have what I deem to be 'things I need' for the next 6 weeks IF anything were to clamp down on our movements...

perhaps this needs it's own thread?

Phase 6 checklist?

*why Thursday? WHO are 'shut' for 7 days ..... goddess only knows why....

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
2 more deaths in Mexico, 66 total there , 73 total global

where did you see that?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adrifter
when these people are getting confirmed are they getting admitted to the hospital or what? Are all cases getting sent to the hospital or are they just getting their issue of tamaflu, and sent home? What I am getting at is I am trying to see the severity here. I am just hearing tally's.. Def. some serious censorship on this story... I am trying to find accounts on severity online and I cannot find any..

DX then sent home with tamiflu or relenza... if they start gasping for breath they are taken to hospital and then a 'previous condition' kills them....

edited for spelling

[edit on 15-5-2009 by yzzyUK]

top topics

<< 363  364  365    367  368  369 >>

join