It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 363
<< 360  361  362    364  365  366 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by justme1640

however in the next paragraph a parent notes (from the same school btw) that "her son who is a seventh-grader at IS 238, came home with a fever Wednesday night. He was also nauseous and had a headache, she said. She said she took him to the doctor Thursday, who told her it was the "regular flu."

how many other parents of students will hear that and their children will not be tested for H1N1 thus skewing the number of infected people even more- and that is just one of the 3 schools that have closed -

Same here in Spain. My son was sent home from school yesterday after he began vomiting and had a fever. We're told there's a lot of 'bugs' doing the rounds but there's no chance of it being swine flu. How can it be ruled out without testing?

My other son came home from school, last week, and said the boy that sits next to him vomited all over the floor and desk! Again, he was sent home and just told that there's a lot of it about.

Maybe there is just a lot of it about but without testing how are they sure?

My daughter had a cough and we asked the school if we should keep her off but they said no - you've guessed it, "there's a lot of it about." I caught the cough about a week later. The beginning of this week my youngest son had fever and vomiting which he no doubt caught from the boy that sits next to him. Yesterday morning I started vomiting, headache, fever and still coughing. Then my eldest son was sent home from school. A couple of hours later my daughter came home complaining of feeling ill but she only had a high temperature and slept right through to this morning. My husband is the only one in our house that hasn't been ill.

I just don't know how they can possibly be keeping track of whatever this virus is, if there's no testing. Loads of kids are being sent home from schools around here but are just told "there's a lot of it about." I know not every case is going to be swine flu but how can they know which cases are and which cases aren't?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

This be in relevance with the posting from the bbc, which I find rather bizzare.: Reserchers are claiming that, the bird flu may bot become the threat to humans as some have predicted, supposinblgy because human noses are too cold (LMAO), for the virus to thrive.

Anyone agree with this or are they just trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

An Imperial College London recreation of the nose's environment found that at 32 degrees Celsius, avian flu viruses lose function and cannot spread.

It is likely that the viruses have adapted to suit the warmer 40 degree environments in the guts of birds.

If any member has any medical or scientific research on ats can you please either debunk this for me? Thank you in advance.

It is certainly part of the explanation of why avian viruses, such as H5N1, fail to transmit readily to humans

Imperial London Research Report

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The truth will reveal itself soon enough I believe. Its spreading pretty fast now, and uncontainable, but in other news America's main car dealerships are shedding thousands of jobs, which will result in tens of thousands getting the axe oh and also add to the effects of this depression within local communities, as in their economy's. Hmmm Hell's bells..

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Can anyone read Spanish???

What's this saying...I see numbers, but, Hmmm...

portal.salud.gob.mx...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Can anyone read Spanish???

What's this saying...I see numbers, but, Hmmm...

portal.salud.gob.mx...

check the other big thread, I posted my answer for you there..

it's useless. just charts split up by age/sex/state.. and so on..

it's put out by the Sec. of Health.. it's BS.

I live in Sonora where there are many more confirmed cases by the local health admins that are testing with the test kits.. the government isn't reporting any new numbers and testing is drastically limited.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

The UK government has signed a deal to secure up to 90m doses of H1N1 flu (swine flu) vaccine by December.

Health Secretary Alan Johnson said Baxter and GlaxoSmithKline will begin production as soon as possible.

So they have this in the process of being produced. Still does not make me feel safe at all.

Flu Vaccine

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Oks this is getting totally confusing, on one hand Researchers are saying that the human nose is too cold for the Flu virus to thrive but on the other hand we are told that the bird flu virus is still a major threat.

They are contradicting each other.

The world is still at risk from a new pandemic strain of flu according to leading scientists.

The H5N1 strain of the bird flu virus has been out of the headlines for some time but experts say it still poses a potential threat.

Bird Flu

I do sometime wish they would all agree on the same thing rather than contradicting each other all the time.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
There's no hope in England for being diagnosed with swine flu unless you beg... I've only just been called half an hour ago and told:

"Erm, can you not wave your arm about too much or use it... you have a fracture and the fracture clinic will be calling you shortly!"

I've been complaining of a painful arm for a month!! Only just got an xray done Tuesday and it's taken me calling them up today to ask them to look for the email from radiology that got them looking... lol

Goddess help me if I get Winnie the flu!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

LMAO@winnie the flu, god forbid if you complain also, they would frown upon you for doing so.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hmmm...
Officials say loud emergency sirens can be heard in Lower Manhattan from 9 a.m. on and off for several hours due to testing. 4 minutes ago from web

Wow. Loud emergency sirens to be heard in Lower Manhattan for hours.. that's asking for problems! 4 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Swine flu case confirmed in Tehama County
www.redding.com...

jedipm: Still sick with a cold. Just building up antibodies 4 the Fall H1N1 recurrence. 3 minutes ago from Ping.fm

apichaim: We have to be ready for the Fluenza A (H1N1) prevention and control. As there will be alot of guests coming from problematic countries. 3 minutes ago from web

Banstaman: And the swine flu outbreak sarts in New York again! Zombies! 3 minutes ago from txt

[edit on 5/15/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Baxter International admits flu vaccine contained live bird flu virus.
www.mapcruzin.com...

Baxter working on vaccine to stop swine flu outbreak
www.mapcruzin.com...

Scottish government to buy up enough swine flu vaccine for entire population.
www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

Freedom of choice is not free
www.vaccinationnews.com...

[edit on 15-5-2009 by BetweenMyths]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
( Confirmed Summary ) Taiwan, China
Today, May 15, 2009, 7 minutes ago | clintjong
2 confirmed cases
The confirmed cases involve a 32-year-old mother and her baby daughter of one year and nine months.
Source: The China Post
Date: May 14 2009, 17:22 GMT

Malaysia: Ministry of Health Announces Country’s First Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Case #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Sungai Buloh Hospital: Ministry of Health Announces Country’s First Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Case: Date: May 15, 2009 12:34 UTC R..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
On sky news earlier....

They said 1000 new cases confirmed worldwide in the last 24 hour period.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

printable version Influenza A(H1N1) - update 29 15 May 2009 -- As of 06:00 GMT, 15 May 2009, 34 countries have officially reported 7520 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection.

today's WHO update: www.who.int...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
also, I've been reading this thread since the beginning. You will have to forgive me for some of my n00bish posts.. I'm new to the interaction here.

anyway, relevant info on me: American living and working in Mexico (Sonora). I teach English at a private school here, so I will provide (a translated version) of any update I get at work. I'm also in the prime 'death' range, at the age of 25.

I hope I will be able to help in some way.

I would also like to say thank you for all of you that have done so much in keeping me updated. Really, thank you.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Workers target swine flu virus at 3 NYC schools
news.yahoo.com...

York county, Canada
Today, May 15, 2009, 18 minutes ago | clintjong
25 confirmed cases
Source: Ministry of Health Ontario
Date: May 14, 2009

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by blind.face

WELCOME!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- More than 200 students were absent from an HISD elementary school yesterday, but only a handful of those cases involved sick children.

Many parents kept their kids home from Travis elementary school in the Heights after the city health department says regular flu and some other sort of viral illness caused 86 children to be sick.
Kathy Barton, spokeswoman for the city of Houston's health department, said seven students tested positive for Influenza A, a common form of the flu.

now what puzzles me is this is not flu season but there are many diffrent viruses and flu being spread around

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

Full Local Report:

What's sickening kids at Travis Elementary?
Friday, May 15, 2009 | 6:58 AM
abclocal.go.com

Sons: NYC asst. principal with swine flu very ill
50 minutes ago
www.google.com...

Swine flu cases reported at two more Las Vegas schools
www.lvrj.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I believe that after bird flue mutates to infect humans it will be able to survive at lower temps then it will be a big problem.

top topics

<< 360  361  362    364  365  366 >>

join