It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 369
<< 366  367  368    370  371  372 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DropOfKim
reply to post by ecoparity

I have definitely taken your advice and scheduled my husband and I for the pneumonia vaccine on Monday at our local clinic. I was actually shocked at how easy it was to schedule without a bunch of questions being asked. I didn't know it was really my own decision for things like this. Any others I should pick up while I am there?

They have referred my daughter (12) to the local health dept. for her shot. My question is are there two different shots, one for children and one for adults? If not, I assume this is due to how the vaccines are funded.
Get 'em while the getting is good, I guess. Don't like vaccines, but it sounds like I would enjoy viral pneumonia even less.

I would go to a pediatrician for my kids and avoid the public health vaccines. Public health will use the cheapest vaccine, bulk packed with tons of mercury and it may even be out of date based on previous scandals involving public health and vaccinations.

A family pediatrician can order the special vaccine with no mercury in single dose vials. The pneumonia vaccine isn't one of the ones to be especially concerned with, granted. It's the standard set of "required" vaccines for kids that seem to have all the bad stuff in them. This is one of the vaccines required for travel so even the elite have to have them which means they will probably be safe.

If you do go to the public health office ask to see the box and insert for the vial and match the lot numbers up to verify. Make sure the expiration date is good and check for "thermerisol" in the ingredients list. I would ask them if they can provide "mercury free" for your child and when they tell you the vaccines no longer contain it be aware that it's not true, they actually increased the amount used in some.

I'm torn on doing this for my kids but I'm going to a pediatrician who only uses the mercury free stock. At a minimum you want to make sure your kids haven't had other vaccines recently (in the past 6 months). If they've had shots before and were perfectly fine, no bad reactions or illness afterwards you should be OK as well.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by captaintrippy
First time I've heard hallucinations mentioned as a symptom.

I've read that 'confusion' is a symptom. It may be because of high fever.
But at any rate ... confusion and 'hallucinations' could be closely related.

It's a sign of a high fever and also of dehydration. It could be both in this case or either one.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Thanks so much for the info on all this.
Boy, they are gonna love me when we show up for our shots!

ecoparity, you are appreciated.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'd not vaccinate for love nor money....

Last time I gave in to the vaccine argument was when I joined the police and 'had' to have a Hep C.... It took me YEARS to get over it...

That and my children who are all vax damaged.....

No thanks...

edited to say the not all my children are vaxed... lol ouch 1 arm typing!

[edit on 15-5-2009 by yzzyUK]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

Originally posted by yzzyUK
The rest of the world sails by and tuts at the news.... Found this on my manic googling travels...

all these people have pre-existing complications.. wake me up when we get an actual death. I don't think we have anything to worry about yet

SOURCE

You have to give the PTB credit for knowing how to manipulate the sheep. The addition of "underlying conditions" to every death report is a CDC mandate direct from the top. Now you see exactly why it's being done.

Sorry if someone mentioned this already but didn't want to lose this quote -- the wife of the assistant principal in NY who is in critical condition said in response to media saying her husband had pre-existing conditions

""I don't know where people got that," Adam Wiener said Friday morning as he prepared to return to the hospital where the family was keeping vigil.

"The only pre-existing condition he has is gout, which is unrelated to complications he's experienced now."

she also said

"The wife of a Queens assistant principal in critical condition with swine flu said Friday city health officials told him he was "setting off a panic" last week when he expressed concern that the illness had sickened students at his school."

and she feels that if the school had been shut down when the Principal wanted to do it that her husband wouldn't be in the condition he is in ---- he is on a breathing tube, has kidney failure and is dehydrated.

link to article

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

"The only pre-existing condition he has is gout, which is unrelated to complications he's experienced now."

Quel surprise!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Way off topic but,that Maiden shirt looks way better on you than me..lol

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

shhh... and thank you... lol ...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Three more schools in NYC are closing Newsday link again

"The city's Department of Health closed three more public schools because of "unusually high levels of influenza-like symptoms," a health official said Friday afternoon.

However, the health department did not test for swine flu at the three schools, which are JHS 74 in Bayside, PS 107 in Flushing and I.S. 318 in Williamsburg.

"Going forward, we will do some testing but it doesn't have to be in every place that we are concerned about," said Dr. Isaac Weisfuse, a spokesman for the health department.

He added that one of the primary reasons for closing the school was to slow the transmission of influenza."

it should help - I guess - but it seems like closing the barn door after the cows are out at this point -- Personally, I think Bloomberg is worried about a lawsuit from the Assistant Principals wife.

"While swine flu continues to spread in the city, Mayor Michael Bloomberg said there's no plan for massive school closures. He said schools would be closed on a case-by-case basis"

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by johnb

Another great find!
I have a feeling that this may be the last straw once people all over, espacially in the US, atrt to realize the full extent of how our government is covering this mess up.

Already family members are angrily disputing the "under-lying conditions" cover up and it's only a matter of time for this to really explode.

I am disgusted at this whole charade that is being played. I can already see them dancing around trying desparately to keep their little game under wraps.
This little game is about OVER! and they are going to pay BIG time for their nonsense. Karma is not something to take lightly.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
# Mexico: 239 Additional Cases and Two Additional Fatal Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Increases to 2,895 Cases and 66 Deaths less than a minute ago from web

Cuba: Two New Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; Cumulative Total Reaches Three Confirmed Cases.#swineflu3 minutes ago from web

Peru, Lima: One Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Case Reported. #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

Canada: A total of 505 influenza A (H1N1) cases confirmed nationwide. #swineflu21 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Seems like the principal has gone into a coma

NEW YORK ( WPIX) -- An assistant principal at a Queens public school, who came down with a severe case of swine flu, is clinging to life at a local hospital.

Doctors say Mitchell Wiener, 55, a 31-year veteran teacher at IS 238 in Hollis, is breathing only with the help of a ventilator. He was admitted to Flushing Hospital Wednesday morning and has since slipped into a deep coma, leaving him in critical condition.

Wiener was reportedly diagnosed with gout a year and a half ago which doctors say may have worsened his case of the H1N1 virus.

Family members are blaming city officials, whom they claim moved too slow in closing the school. Wiener's wife, Bonnie, told the NY Daily News that her husband wanted the school shut down last week, after an unusually large number of students came to the nurse's office complaining of flu-like symptoms. But instead, Bonnie claims the city Health Department "chastised him and told him he was going to start a panic."

Mayor Michael Bloomberg defended the city's actions Friday, while Health Commissioner Thomas Frieden acknowledged the fact the city was aware of swine flu cases at the school before classes resumed Monday.

Two other city schools - IS 5 in Elmhurst and Public School 16 in Corona - were also ordered to shut down until next Friday because of a rash of sicknesses and absences.

Bloomberg said the latest cases of the flu appear to be generally mild and currently there are no plans to close additional schools. He did add, however, that officials will closely be monitoring the situation.

oh come on here we go again... apparently gout has made this case worse even when the poor guy's son was quoted as saying this isnt a complicating factor.

link

[edit on 15-5-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Oh nooooz, the flu is making his toe swell up! Gout is going to get us!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Sorry if someone already posted this..

Texas reports state's 3rd death from swine flu

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP) - Texas health officials say a 33-year-old Corpus Christi man died earlier this month of swine flu.Corpus Christi-Nueces County Health District's Dr. William Burgin Jr. said Friday that the man died May 5 or May 6 after becoming sick a few days earlier. He says the man preexisting medical conditions, including heart problems, that made it more difficult for him to survive any viral illness.

Texas reports state's 3rd death from swine flu

Preexisting conditions I am getting so tired of hearing that one.

How long are they going to be able to use that one before everyone realizes that is a load of crap!!!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hmmm...
Due to the transition of surveillance and reporting on influenza A (H1N1) towards routine seasonal influenza tracking, Veratect will cease providing Twitter posts for this event as of 8:00p EST, May 15, 2009 less than a minute ago from web

# Queens: Two Additional Schools Closed after Students Report Symptoms of Influenza A (H1N1) : Date: May 15, 2009 22:24 UTC Risk: Mediu..7 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# British Columbia: Four New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Provincial Case Count Reaches 100 : Date: May 15, 2009 21:39 UTC Ri..7 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Houston: Local School Closed Following Confirmation of 12 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1): Date: May 15, 2009 21:00 UTC Risk: Medium The ..7 minutes ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

A 33 yr.old, A 30-something, A 40-something, an infant...

Notice how in all the reported severe/deathly cases (US), the victims are all under 65, with maybe an exception or two?

People keep saying this is just the ordinary flu...

BUT, 9/10 of those who normally die of the seasonal ordinary flu are > than 65

It's just like they were reporting in Mexico before they were suppressed/recanted

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Maybe it's been mentioned already, but...

Obama's New CDC Chief

President Obama is finally ready to appoint the CDC chief. Today he'll announce that Thomas Frieden, New York City's health commissioner, will inherit the spot from Richard Bresser in June. Frieden, who worked at the CDC for 12 years before coming to New York, is thought to already be on the forefront of the fight against swine flu. "This is a tremendously exciting time for public health," Bresser said of his successor. "Frieden is one of the nation's leading public health experts and a consummate innovator."

Source

Can't draw any conclusion or reasoning for the change -- maybe someone else can?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Sorry if this is a duplicate, but is related to the labeling of H1N1's fatal victims in Mexico:

Mexico's federal Health Department said Friday that about a quarter of those who died there were obsese or suffered from diabetes, while 11 percent had cardiovascular problems and 9 percent smoked.

It listed no complicating factors for most of Mexico's first 45 deaths, however, and none of them were reported to have respiratory ailments or other infectious diseases.

news.yahoo.com...

It begs the question of how they had so many factor stats, or was that before they recanted?

~

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

In addition to that extreme fever is not associated with the normal seasonal flu. A fever over 103 or so, is basically frying your brain man.. Your immune system is in a fight for its life.. Erm anyhow.. I agree the authorities won't be able to keep quiet about this virus for much longer, or at least not talk about it. I am just fascinated that after the vp of America made his down to Earth statement about how he felt about the flu, they broke it down. Unless you have the internet your in a black out folks. Maybe get a water downed story about it via the MSM, or AP controlled newspapers.. I predicted this crap in the first pages of this thread.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

ecoparity long read here but good info on bird flu if they combine this may help.www.plospathogens.org...

top topics

<< 366  367  368    370  371  372 >>

join