It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 364
<< 361  362  363    365  366  367 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by alchemist2012

Full Local Report:

What's sickening kids at Travis Elementary?
Friday, May 15, 2009 | 6:58 AM
abclocal.go.com

Sons: NYC asst. principal with swine flu very ill
50 minutes ago
www.google.com...

[edit on 5/15/2009 by Hx3_1963]
also we now have a 4th death woman in phoenix this morning

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Swine flu cases reported at two more Las Vegas schools
www.lvrj.com...

Now this is nuts!!! They really need to close the whole damn school system for at least 2 weeks to see what's going on...this is getting serious as hell!!!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- More than 200 students were absent from an HISD elementary school yesterday, but only a handful of those cases involved sick children.
Many parents kept their kids home from Travis elementary school in the Heights after the city health department says regular flu and some other sort of viral illness caused 86 children to be sick.
Kathy Barton, spokeswoman for the city of Houston's health department, said seven students tested positive for Influenza A, a common form of the flu.

now what puzzles me is this is not flu season but there are many diffrent viruses and flu being spread around

That isn't a HANDFUL that is nearly half! They are getting really bad at trying to mislead people!
It isn't flu season here either. BUT the ER rooms are packed beyond capacity and people all over the place are sick really bad. But per the fed's order's they have been ordered to keep the schools here open.
I have a friend who has refused to send her kids back to their school because there is sick kids everywhere. They sent the cops to her house she told them why and they left.
(said they would look into it right away) Supposed to keep the school open but HIDE the sick kids at HOME not at SCHOOL.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

They can't close them all down like that hx most parents who I know that work outside the home use the school time as daycare! Now if they go and shuttle the schools like that just how many people do you think are going to be out of work that whole time? THAT is why they ordered them to reopen. What they need to do is set a few aside with nurses and a few doctors for sick kids and let the rest who are healthy keep going at the other's. BUT hey that is common sense gawd know's very few at the top have that skill.....

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
i would like someone in the thread to figure this out for me(wed.3009 cases,thu.3,352 cases fri. 4,298 cases)whats the infection rate daily??

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
well seems like the MSM have jumped back on the swine flu band wagon"were we wrong to dismiss this so early is this more of a problem than we thought"and to boot she had accurate and updated information.seems like something else is a foot here

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well here we go...WHO won't do it but China will

Gorkha District: China Closes Border at Rasuwagadhi "Fearing" Spread of Viral Pneumonia From Nepal: Date: May 15, 2009 13:23 UTC Risk..half a minute ago from twitterfeed

Samoa: Ministry of Health Cancels Travel to Tokelau to Prevent Spread of Influenza A (H1N1) Virus; No Confirmed Cases Recorded in Either ..half a minute ago from twitterfeed

Queens Assistant Principal's swine flu not treatable; condition worsening, family by his side
www.nydailynews.com...
(per JBA2848)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

yes they maybe, really bad REAL important news is happening today. Gm is closing 1100 dealership that I know of today. Sending the notices.. I just hope everyone realizes all over America what that means.. Gonna be allot of poor people very soon, with no internet cable hell maybe even electricity soon... Not sure how the government can bail all those workers out..

So ya, the MSM and the piece of crap AP which feeds the american MSM maybe talking about the swine flu today..

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Well it has BEGUN! It only takes one country to stand up to the idiots for the rest to follow! Where exactly have the reports about the VIRAL PNEUMONIA been all this time? I can't say I blame China and I really figured they would step out of line sooner or later. They got the shaft from the WHO people with the bird flu the first time they aren't going to take it twice. Guess we better start looking around and see who else has this "viral pneumonia" outbreak .

Hx I am having a hard time locating anything that names the schools that first had outbreaks as compared to these... do you know if it is the same area or not?

[edit on 15-5-2009 by xoxo stacie]
doh.... the new york thing

[edit on 15-5-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Yep...China learned the last time...I wondered how long it would take...I bet too long actually...it's there already

jbdupres1: DNA tests now proving I was right. Every person who died of Swine Flu virus in Mexico had 1 gene in common. Anyone else infected didn't die. 1 minute ago from web

Swine Flu Prevention - Items You Will Need
247swinefluinfo.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Yep...China learned the last time...I wondered how long it would take...I bet too long actually...it's there already

jbdupres1: DNA tests now proving I was right. Every person who died of Swine Flu virus in Mexico had 1 gene in common. Anyone else infected didn't die. 1 minute ago from web

Swine Flu Prevention - Items You Will Need
247swinefluinfo.blogspot.com...

What was the common gene? I must have missed that.

I wonder what the next step will be that the US government takes? Down play the entire thing as people are dying? More than likely. Its not wide spread and all these people had underlying conditions.

Nothing to see here, move along!!!

[edit on 15-5-2009 by pcgeek]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

What the??? Which gene is this and how do we check to see if this is true and if we have that gene?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

PHOENIX — A woman in Arizona suffering from a lung condition has apparently become the fourth person in the nation to die with swine flu, authorities said Thursday. The Maricopa County Health Department reported that the woman in her late 40s died last week of what appears to be complications of the new strain of influenza. Laboratory tests confirmed that the woman was infected with the flu strain. The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to add her to the official national tally on Friday, health department spokeswoman Jeanene Fowler said. Bob England, director of the health department, said Arizonans should not panic because of the death. "You should have the same level of concern about this as you do about regular seasonal flu," he said. "Hundreds of our neighbors die each year right in Maricopa County from regular seasonal flu." England declined to say where the woman was from or release further details. Arizona's case would bring the number of swine flu deaths in the nation to four and put the worldwide death toll at 70 Arizona had 261 confirmed cases of swine flu in nine of the state's 15 counties as of Thursday. The state's first case was identified on April 29. Officials closed more than a dozen schools in the state before they learned swine flu wasn't as serious as first feared. All schools have reopened. Health officials urge members of the public to cover their coughs if they're sick and wash their hands throughout the day to avoid spreading viruses.

LAST WEEK...... so they are a week behind with death confirmations...... how far behind with living victims?

[edit on 15-5-2009 by yzzyUK]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
WHO chief warns against false security about flu
newstrendz.com...

WHO Head Says H1N1 Outbreak Not Over
www.medpagetoday.com...

ONR: OK Dept. of Health confirms 4 new cases of H1N1 flu, 3 in Kay Co., brings total in Oklahoma to 26 2 minutes ago from web

First Cases Of Novel H1N1 Influenza Identified In Etowah And Mobile Counties
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

complications of the new strain of influenza

Oh so it wasn't the H1N1 that killed her.... it was complications!

What like "we didnt DX her soon enough" or "We gave her tamiflu thinking it would CURE her" or perhaps even "well she recovered from it last time she had it 20 days ago!"

they'd do better to shut up if they can't speak freely.... what complications? What happened.... there are epople who want to know...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Four new cases of the 2009 H1N1 influenza A virus have been confirmed in Kansas since the last update yesterday morning.1 minute ago from TweetDeck

HISD's Travis Elementary has two confirmed swine flu cases. 376 students are absent today.... out of 712.5 minutes ago from TweetDeck

TarrantCoOEM: While Flu A, includes swine flu, officials in Houston said the rapid spread and sudden onset of this suggest it isn’t. 4 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I attempted a chart showing infections, with velocity and acceleration using the WHO numbers.
analysis thread

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hey folks
As you've noticed we're reaching a tipping point. I had a long talk with one of my best contacts and then finally got some sleep. I'm not a happy camper by any means this morning...

Just as we hit the 20 day mark on the first batch of US infections we're seeing cases shoot up in the same areas that first reported infected back in April. We don't see any other possible analysis to this other than reaching the long timeline apex.

We're still calculating a 4% death rate on this. Even if we take the "official" MX numbers as gospel we come out with a 2.4% rate. That's double and then some seasonal flu and higher than 1918 as well.

We're not ready to go over to the longer timeline "whole hog" just yet. We still think it's a 7 to10 day infection then a 15 to 20 secondary wave. The median would be around 15 but based on this tipping point we're watching it could be 20 to 30 / median 20.

The infection rate (Clinical attack rate, CAR) is not the same for every age group.
50% of the people exposed to the virus will become infected unless they're children. Then the CAR is tracking at 90%. This is one of the things I held back on reporting earlier until we had more confirmation, it's scary and weird and doesn't make any sense vs. typical flu. The stats are getting too clear to hold back on it any longer though so there it is.

The "underlying issues" panic avoidance method will continue. . .

[edit on 15-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Mystery Disease Kills 13 in Gorkha

"People in a remote village in Gorkha district have started panicking after at least a dozen people died due to an unidentified disease over the past two weeks.

The disease - that starts with common syndromes like headache, fever and cough- claimed three additional lives Wednesday in Gumda VDC alone taking the death toll to 13.

The deceased belonged to a single family -- Dambar Maila, his wife Rati Gurung and their son Saila Gurung. Other deceased are Kisanman Gurung, Karina Gurung, Manoj Gurung, Sharmila Gurung, Kisman Gurung, Samali Gurung, Tikan Gurung, Saila Gurung, Kanchha Gurung and Tul Bahadur Gurung.

Additional 35 locals are suffering from the disease, reports say.

The District Health Office said a team of medical professionals left for the village Wednesday to take the disease under control. The DHO said it could not respond in time as it got the information about the outbreak very late.

Meanwhile, the disease has been identified as post-viral pneumonia. A team of doctors from the health ministry and the district hospital diagnosed the disease as post-viral pneumonia Thursday afternoon. The doctors checked up more than 60 patients Thursday, reports say."

Article dated 7th may

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The report about all the victims having a "common gene" is just a rumor started by someone for fun and games. We have no indication on this at all right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 361  362  363    365  366  367 >>

join