It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 367
<< 364  365  366    368  369  370 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
i think it would be safe to assume that we will go to level six when ILL. and WI. hit the 1000 mark(both are at 600+)or when CAL. and TEX. hit 1000(both are at 500+ cases)there can be no choice but to declare martial law when these numbers hit 4000 for 2 states,as well you will see many people leaving the highly infectec areas(most infected themselevs)to other states what will then lead to panic and then martial law must be in acted in my opinion 3 weeks 5 weeks tops

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

hmm so no such thing as quarantine. New flu outbreak never before seen, a month later or whatever all we are getting are numbers confirmed, no 20/20 interviews of survivors, no eye accounts of the sickness. Just numbers, and a lack of concern.. Yet I would say 90 percent of the world has not seen anyone sick with this illness. Lack of concern because we are being told not to worry about something we KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.. Or very little.. Hmmm Something is not right..
Keep an eye or for severity stories or symptoms and please u2u them to me, if possible and here of course.. I am trying to figure something out..

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

I think that's a great idea yzzy! Are you going to start the thread?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

was just looking at h1n1 news and read this article below, also Wikipedia has now been updated to 66 in mexico. The other 7 deaths are 5 in US, 1 in Canada and costa rica both.
mexico death toll rised to 66

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Will we even see any differences when (because we will) enter level 6? What sort of things are likely to happen if anything?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
NY swine flu victim remains 'critical': mayor
56 mins ago
news.yahoo.com...

Second swine flu at school
A second fifth-grader comes down with symptoms, officials are monitoring school.
www.ocregister.com...

UK: Total confirmed influenza A (H1N1) case count reaches 85; England (76), Scotland (8), Northern Ireland (1).3 minutes ago from web

Guayaquil, Equador: 1 confirmed caseSourc(es): Healt of Department (Spanish)Latercera.com English: google translated3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Malysia: 1 confirmed caseSource: xinhuanet.comDate: May 15 2009, 15:53:543 minutes ago from twitterfeed

[edit on 5/15/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
VeratectUS, Wisconsin: State officials confirm 100 new cases of influenza A (H1N1) bringing state total to 613. #swineflu
4 minutes ago from web
VeratectGermany, Saxony: 2 New Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Confirmed in Anhalt; Nationwide Total Reaches 14. #swineflu #H1N1
5 minutes ago from web

wisconsin 100 new thats a big jump

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunieri
reply to post by yzzyUK

I think that's a great idea yzzy! Are you going to start the thread?

erm... I just have ideas.. you lot are spose to use them! lol

Glad to see the vaccination thread is doing well by the way... that really makes me smile...

I'll go start the thread but not sure where... I'm an ATS virgin....

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Los casos sospechosos de Influenza A en el país suman 161

For more than a week, there are more than 100 suspected cases in Argentina - climbed to 161 today. Why all the delay to confirm these cases, since the test are said to take no more than 3 days?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Phase 6 check list

gawd I did it... look for the people shouting at me now... *hides*

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
Phase 6 check list

gawd I did it... look for the people shouting at me now... *hides*

LOL - we will make them sorry if they do!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
OFF TOPIC POST

can someone tell me or U2U me what ATS points and BTS points are?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
What next if WHO declared pandemic?

very interesting article:

Some countries worried about global panic attacks over phase 6 are pressuring WHO behind the scenes to hold off on declaring a pandemic. Other countries may also be dragging their feet on testing, fearful that they will be the trigger for hitting the phase 6 threshold.

One reason is that a pandemic announcement would likely have severe economic consequences: it could trigger expensive trade and travel restrictions like border closures and quarantines, as countries not yet affected by the virus struggle to keep it out.

Despite calls for transparent reporting, there are suspicions some European countries might not be moving fast enough to identify cases, slowing WHO's decision to declare a pandemic. As of Friday, WHO confirmed that worldwide, 34 countries reported more than 7,500 cases.

"At this point, you have to expect that what happened in the U.S. and Mexico will happen around the world," Osterholm said. "The virus is continuing to spread. I can't see how we won't get to a pandemic at this rate."

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by switching yard
Big story in the works... how many people are walking around infected who don't know it... yet. It's like the sci-fi movie from the 50's about the alien pods taking over human bodies. You don't know who has it and who doesn't.

Exactly. Everyday I wonder if I'm going to start feeling sick - just a bit paranoid, eh? And of course, during all this my wife has to see lots of different doctors (and I have to drive her) and was prescribed an exercise program which she is doing at our local rec center (lots of people). I work from home but she isn't helping! Perhaps I'll revolt and lock myself in my office :-).

The long incubation period makes it so hard for people to be concerned or know what's going on.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

good idea Izzy , can I make one suggestion....while you are still able to edit, maybe change the thread title to mention "supplies and stocks" ...eg "phase 6 stocks and supplies checklist - essential things to have on hand" or similar........more people might click to read it then

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Another school has just closed in London due to swine flu, "Lady Eleanor School in South West London" - Sky

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by yzzyUK

good idea Izzy , can I make one suggestion....while you are still able to edit, maybe change the thread title to mention "supplies and stocks" ...eg "phase 6 stocks and supplies checklist - essential things to have on hand" or similar........more people might click to read it then

I can't edit...

bumholes!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Portion of an interview with Dr. Ben Kruskal, Director of Infection Control at Harvard Medical Associates: Conversation with David Harlow about Swine Flu / H1N1

Dr. Ben Kruskal: It's a little hard to make good sense out of the numbers and areas that don’t have a lot of cases because the people who are being tested are very a skewed population, and probably not representative of all cases. I think in the areas where many fewer cases are reported the predominance of adults is largely because they're looking at people with travel histories.

David Harlow: Okay. So how do you see this playing out over the next weeks and months as we get into the warmer weather, and how do you see this playing out next fall or next winter?

Dr. Ben Kruskal: Well it's still very much up in the air. The fact that there is as much transmission as there is, even in the relatively warm weather that we've been having in the last couple of weeks, is a little bit of a concerning sign to me that transmission may continue at a really, really high rate even through the summer. So in terms of spread, it’s surprising that it’s still going on at the rate its going. There is a concern based on some previous examples of novel strains that as the virus is transmitted from person to person, there may be selection for more virulent sub-strains and that the severity of disease may increase over time. In some prior outbreaks, the virus has gone underground for the warm season and then re-emerged in a more virulent form in the fall, but I am somewhat concerned, seeing the level of the transmission we’re still sustaining now, that we may be possibly .ed for more severe cases even sooner than the fall.

David Harlow: So it likely will continue even through the warmer weather which will be unusual as I understand it.

Dr. Ben Kruskal: Absolutely, but again the degree of spread that we're seeing now is pretty unusual as well.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

"bumholes"...LOL
you only started it half hour ago, you should be able to...look to top of your post, RHS

it seems to be getting off to a good start though anyway so maybe my suggestion was pointless after all !

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The Genetics of the 2009 Swine Flu (S-OIV)
www.brighthub.com...

12 swine flu cases confirmed at Travis Elementary
www.chron.com...

3 Cases Of Swine Flu Reported In Mississippi
www.wdsu.com...

US, Indiana: State officials confirm one new case of influenza A (H1N1) in Porter County bringing the state total to 71. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

cah28: For those that think something like the swine flu is good for population control, I suggest you volunteer to go first. half a minute ago from web

kaciejane: I've never seen my husband use so much hand sanatizer. Either he's becoming more like me or swine flu has him freaked less than a minute ago from txt

[edit on 5/15/2009 by Hx3_1963]

new topics

top topics

<< 364  365  366    368  369  370 >>

join