It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 365
<< 362  363  364    366  367  368 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Most info I've read says the 1918 pandemic killed between 2.5 % and 5% of those infected ....still, with your source's estimated infection/mortality rate and the fact that today there are a lot more people in the world and it's easier to travel all over the place and spread it more....the potential statistics are dire if it goes full blown at some point. And I wouldn't place too much faith in the health services around the world if the following is anything to go by :

NHS Flu Absence Might Reach 85%

i.e 85 out of every 100 health care workers questioned said they would probably not go to work if a pandemic broke out

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
The report about all the victims having a "common gene" is just a rumor started by someone for fun and games. We have no indication on this at all right now.

Good to see you back ecoparity hope you got some well deserved rest.

Seems like this thing is really coming out with a vengence and is getting very scary!! MSM is kind of starting to pick it up again but only in very brief segments. I am sure that wont change much.

Man this is a good time to be unemployed
I dont have to take any chances of getting this at work. But they plan on having us all back to work no later than sept and if this thing is still in full swing I wont be sure what to do.

Thanks again for all the great info!!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
KRIS 6 News has learned that a 33-year-old man from Nueces County, Texas has become the fifth U.S. fatality from swine flu. 3 minutes ago from web

Reuters: ECUADOR GOVERNMENT SAYS CONFIRMS FIRST CASE OF H1N1 FLU VIRUS 3 minutes ago from TweetDeck

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The timeline apex, as ecoparity has been brilliantly describing to us, seems to be quite real. Look at the number and severity of cases hitting right now. There does seem to be an approx 30 day hibernation period (I'm not technical, so "hibernation" may be bad word choice, but it serves the concept).

This stealth aspect of A(H1N1) and the long timeline is eerily similar to radiation sickness following an atomic bomb. I am not suggesting there is any radioactive material in the virus, not at all, but I am suggesting that if a bio-weapons lab were to design a lethal virus, they might develop something with these same stealth and long timeline characteristics.

The secondary onset, predicted with tremendous accuracy by ecoparity in recent weeks is now, in my opinion, the front and center hot topic right now.

Major current themes...

* secondary onset after approx 30 days, potentially lethal

* high incidence of life-threatening pneumonia associated with secondary onset

* A(HnN1) still downplayed in the media, blackout continues, spin continues

* global spread is unstoppable

* school closings worldwide in heightened progression and numbers

* whole school populations becoming very sick with what may be secondary onset

* Mayor Bloomberg said yesterday that there may be many infected people carrying A(H1N1) who are not currently experiencing symptoms (was that an intentional clue)

* head of CDC being replaced (interesting timing)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I believe yesterday Hx3 reported in one of his reports that it has hit Africa.......

Knowing what we know now, we can start the clock countdown for Africa....

Due to there poor healthcare, the first wave is going to be very deadly I feel......much less a second wave in the same host......

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu)
May 15, 2009, 11:00 AM ET
www.cdc.gov...

Another H1N1 Case Confirmed in Idaho
www.fox12idaho.com...

Seven swine flu cases confirmed
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
CDCemergencyUpdate 5/15/09: 4714 total cases of novel H1N1 flu, 4 deaths, 47 states affected: http://(link tracking not allowed)/Y0WOZ #swineflu

CDC is still behind in there numbers.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Swine flu will probably spread to new regions: WHO
www.news.com.au...

2 more cases of swine flu confirmed in Wichita Falls
www.timesrecordnews.com...

Malaysia confirms 1st A/H1N1 case, New Zealand adds two
2009-05-15 23:17:17
news.xinhuanet.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I was wondering how man states are left in the USA that don't have confirmed cases? 1 or 2 maybe?

Now that this is in Africa I wonder if we will find out how fast it will spread there? WHO still not raising it to 6. No surprise there. TPTB dont want to hurt the economy but dont mind killing thousands of people from not getting the message out there!!!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Everyone stay well today.......It seems to be a big news day for information......

I have to head to Tulsa to pick up our son's stolen truck from last night........

Its off topic but it may give you a chuckle for the day........

Our son went to a concert in Tulsa 1 1/2 hours from our house........After the concert he stopped at a c-store..........Of course being 17 he left the keys in the car.......I guess there was a very very drunk man in the store that also was driving a truck (you can see where this story is going)...... the drunk man left the store and drove off in our son's truck.......The drunk drivers truck was still running in the parking lot.....The police were called, we were called and headed to Tulsa at midnight........An hour later after the truck was taken......the drunk mans wife is at the store looking for her husband.......(no security cameras:puz
.........Then here comes the drunk man walking up.......tells police that he left chasing a truck that took his money for a prostitute......he said this in front of his wife and little daughter.......he was very drunk.......The police had no evidence to arrest him and he denied taking the truck..........Well we get a call at 6:30am.......the truck was found in a church parking lot still running.....So off to Tulsa we go.......

There are some piggies in Tulsa so I hope I don't bring one home......

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Good find Pixie.... sad news though

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

That is pretty funny... I had something like that happen to me years ago.

Be safe and yeah dont pick up any "piggies" They are cute as babys, but then they grow up. As we are seeing in the news today

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
www.cdc.gov...

Ahhhh crap. Our little Delaware has 60 confirmed cases. 60! And not one stink'n word on the TV news or in the local news paper.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

LOL what a mad story!!! He will have more than a hangover to deal with today... he he he

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

eh? it double posted sorry

[edit on 15-5-2009 by yzzyUK]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adrifter
reply to post by alchemist2012

yes they maybe, really bad REAL important news is happening today. Gm is closing 1100 dealership that I know of today. Sending the notices.. I just hope everyone realizes all over America what that means.. Gonna be allot of poor people very soon, with no internet cable hell maybe even electricity soon... Not sure how the government can bail all those workers out..

So ya, the MSM and the piece of crap AP which feeds the american MSM maybe talking about the swine flu today..

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Adrifter]
yeah i kinda put 2 and 2 together with that one

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Corpus Christi Man Dies Partly Due To H1N1 Virus
Updated: May 15, 2009 05:00 PM
CORPUS CHRISTI - KRIS 6 News has learned that a Corpus Christi man, 33-year-old Carlos Garnica, died on May 6 of viral pneumonia due to the H1N1 (swine) flu virus. Texas State Lab has confirmed that Garnica had several contributing conditions, including sleep apnea and morbid obesity. Additional toxicology tests are pending. This is the third death in Texas related to the H1N1 virus. More details to come as they become available.

MAY 6th!!

viral pneumonia due to the H1N1

oohhps hang on... did they just say that? Yes they did...

several contributing conditions, including sleep apnea and morbid obesity

Of course....

Poor man... may he rest in peace

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by switching yard

This be in relevance with the posting from the bbc, which I find rather bizzare.: Reserchers are claiming that, the bird flu may bot become the threat to humans as some have predicted, supposinblgy because human noses are too cold (LMAO), for the virus to thrive.

Anyone agree with this or are they just trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

An Imperial College London recreation of the nose's environment found that at 32 degrees Celsius, avian flu viruses lose function and cannot spread.

It is likely that the viruses have adapted to suit the warmer 40 degree environments in the guts of birds.

If any member has any medical or scientific research on ats can you please either debunk this for me? Thank you in advance.

It is certainly part of the explanation of why avian viruses, such as H5N1, fail to transmit readily to humans

Imperial London Research Report

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Laurauk]

Dr Henry Niman is probably the best source to follow bird flu data. H5N1 has already mutated to survive at the lower body temp of humans, I wrote about that in this thread quite a long time ago. (It's hard to keep track of so much information in a forum layout).

You can search around and find forum discussions from 5 years ago where a group of researchers were making fun of Niman mercilessly for his theories on bird flu. His assertion that wild bird would carry the virus across the World was the funniest thing to these guys, they made jokes at his expense about it non stop.

Of course, today Niman is recognized as being at the forefront of flu genetics, especially avian flu. His assertions about wild birds as carriers has been proven to be correct as has his theories that an avian form of H5N1 could be cross infected between man and bird, survive in the wild birds and re-infect humans again a thousand miles away from the source.

Dr Henry Niman

I guess it's no big deal to go ahead and mention that Dr Niman is among the group of researchers I've been talking to since the early days of the Mexico outbreak. A lot of the credit for accurate analysis of this pandemic belongs to him and his team.

edit to add:
The average body temp of swine is 102.5, by the way. Avian body temp is avg 105. The swine virus has been able to adapt with no problem, it's a bit surprising they would even try to act like h5n1 adapting to human body temp is so "difficult".

It's the least of the issues facing us should the H5N1 aspects of this current virus mutate into human to human infection and break out in it's own strain. We'd be looking at a 90% or better rate of lethality.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
i would like to thank all of those who hung in there with this thread when others left after the media hype died out.well my fellow ATSers i feel in a month or less it will hit critical mass......dig in hunker down and prepare for the the whatever were calling it now

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
BreakingNewsA 5-year-old female from Egypt's Tama District has been diagnosed with a human case of bird flu, the Ministry of Health confirms.

top topics

<< 362  363  364    366  367  368 >>

join