It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 368
<< 365  366  367    369  370  371 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
So what will happen if the WHO declares phase 6?

The answer depends on where you live but for those in North America? Not much.

It's about two months past the point where containment might have done something to slow the spread. By the time the news media caught on to what was happening in Mexico City the virus had been spreading for two months. Based on the amount of infections in visitors to Mexico one virologist commented "the virus must be extremely wide spread in Mexico based on the fact that visitors to every region were infected".

About the only thing they can do is try and control the spread into Countries that don't show infection. Since this will impact trade and tourism the WHO is under pressure from the heads of every nation not to go there and it's been an almost universal rule that the statistics are being fudged at every level possible.

Only a mutation with a rapid rise in deaths will bring in containment measures within the affected areas. With schools preparing to close for the summer in a matter of weeks the current plan is to ride this out and regroup to plan for the next phase of infection. At this point it's all or nothing. The bug will either mutate into a historic killer or burn itself out.

If the WHO were to declare a level 6 alert today the immediate impact would most likely be zilch to people in the US, UK, Mexico and Canada. This virus has already spread beyond anything they could even hope to do about it.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Four people have died in the United States from the virus, which is behaving much like a seasonal influenza strain -- spreading rapidly and causing mainly mild disease, but severe illness in some people.

Check it out...the wording is starting to change "causing mainly mild disease, but severe illness in some people."

Link

[edit on 15-5-2009 by lunieri]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanbei

Los casos sospechosos de Influenza A en el país suman 161

For more than a week, there are more than 100 suspected cases in Argentina - climbed to 161 today. Why all the delay to confirm these cases, since the test are said to take no more than 3 days?

one of the employees at my boyfriend's work got sick a few weeks ago...she called in for two weeks complaining of chest pain and having a hard time breathing...
doc sent her home saying, "influenza like illness..."
come to find out...a few days ago she gets a call saying they confirmed she actually had/has swine flu! it took like 2 weeks before she knew anything beyond "influenza like illness..."

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BetweenMyths
Baxter International admits flu vaccine contained live bird flu virus.
www.mapcruzin.com...
[edit on 15-5-2009 by BetweenMyths]

don't know how to put youtube vids on here...but this is the vid about h5n1 in recent flu vacs
EDIT: this article was from Feb. 23, 2009...btw.

On Friday, the company's director of global bioscience communications confirmed what scientists have suspected. "It was live," Christopher Bona said in an email. The contaminated product, which Baxter calls "experimental virus material," was made at the Orth-Donau research facility. Baxter makes its flu vaccine - including a human H5N1 vaccine for which a licence is expected shortly - at a facility in the Czech Republic. People familiar with biosecurity rules are dismayed by evidence that human H3N2 and avian H5N1 viruses somehow co-mingled in the Orth-Donau facility. That is a dangerous practice that should not be allowed to happen, a number of experts insisted.

Accidental release of a mixture of live H5N1 and H3N2 viruses could have resulted in dire consequences.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by double_frick]

[edit on 15-5-2009 by double_frick]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Crews Scrub Queens Schools Hit by Flu

"I didn’t know," said Susana Cruz, the mother of Madelyne Vaca,7, one of the people who were outside of the school.. "It’s a little scary because everything was O.K. yesterday."

Ms. Cruz said she was unaware any children had become ill and said her daughter had no flu-like symptoms.

Madeline Bono, who has been a crossing guard at the school for 11 years, said she learned about the swine flu cases on Thursday, "I’m surprised there’s so many of them coming today,” she said. “They must not be listening to the news."

With nothing ever on the news about swine flu and the secret around how many people have it how do they expect anyone to really know if somethings going on or if a school wont be open in the morning.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This has been mentioned by previous posters today, but it is "strange" how all of a sudden, the flu is all over the news again. Perhaps this coincides with the naming of a new CDC Director and a change in policy with what they are releasing to the press and how they instruct for the disemination of information.

Headlines back on Drudge's page, reports on Fox News... and these are just the ones I've happened to catch today. Again, its not as if any of the flu stories (especially with the schools in NY) are breaking news.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Just managed to find this

www.wrongdiagnosis.com...

it lists the avg deaths by year by age group in USA for 1999 and gives some figs for 2001/2

this has links to current vaccine trials and some other titbits

gives a list of what qualifies as an 'underlying condition', oh look theres type a & B influenza!

There's loads more on this site vg and 'favourited'

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
OFF TOPIC POST

can someone tell me or U2U me what ATS points and BTS points are?

Am I mad??

It's gone!!!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This is what I was actually looking for earlier

Normal death rates for the previous few years by month

www.cdc.gov...

Table A
Table A1. Provisional vital statistics for the United States,
Item 2008 2007 2006 2005
July 191,000 194,000 192k 190k
June 185,00 188,000 185k 187k
May 200,000 199,000 204k 200k
Apr 207,000 207,000 201k 204k
Mar 221,000 216,000 200k 228k

So the question is
How do we find out how many deaths are occuring this year and we can compare for ourselves against published figures.
Does anybody know a site that is any more up to date or is it a case of people checking local obituaries and counting?

I'm still looking for figs for this yr, that way we can be informed with the truth, as to whether, for 'whatever' reason, there are more deaths now or not. However with a 2/3% variance over the last 4 yrs we would need to look at more data to draw any conclusive results. Mar has a higher var% I can only assume to be due to the effect of winter. Off to check this out from oct-dec (now i'm getting off topic so never mind)

[edit on 15-5-2009 by johnb]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Wife of Swine flu victim criticizes city's handling of illness

The wife of a Queens assistant principal in critical condition with swine flu said Friday city health officials told him he was "setting off a panic" last week when he expressed concern that the illness had sickened students at his school.

Bonnie Wiener, whose husband, Mitchell, is assistant principal of Susan B. Anthony Intermediate School in Hollis, one of three schools closed by the latest swine flu outbreak, said the city health department denied the principal's request to close the school because of suspected swine flu cases there.

"If he [the principal] was allowed to shut the school down, my husband would not be in this condition," she said.

"He was chastised by the [department] of health or someone higher that he was setting off a panic," Bonnie Wiener said. "The man said there is nothing to worry about."

She said the health department official told her husband, "Even if it is swine flu, it is still diluted."

Wiener's wife and son disputed Bloomberg's contention Thursday that Mitch Wiener may have had pre-existing health conditions.

"I don't know where people got that," Adam Wiener said Friday morning as he prepared to return to the hospital where the family was keeping vigil.

"The only pre-existing condition he has is gout, which is unrelated to complications he's experienced now."

Adam Wiener said his father had been sick since at least last weekend with flulike symptoms "but we didn't think anything of it." Then early Wednesday, he said, the family called 911 after his father began "hallucinating and wasn't coherent."

New York City's first outbreak occurred when hundreds of teenagers at a Roman Catholic high school in Queens began falling ill following the return of several students from vacations in Mexico, where the outbreak began.

An estimated 1,000 students, their relatives and staff at the St. Francis Preparatory School fell ill in a matter of days.

Lots of goodies in this one.

The pre-existing conditions of course. Refusals to close the school - avoiding a panic.

First time I've heard hallucinations mentioned as a symptom.

1000 students infected at St. Francis? Yet only 242 confirmed infected in NY officially?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
US, Delaware: State Officials Confirm 55th Case of Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
US, Alabama: State Officials Confirm 38 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Statewide #swineflu

US, Mississippi: State Officials Confirm First Three Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by johnb

The CDC MMWR report keeps tabs on deaths from diseases of various kinds.

On the second to last page of the most recent report dated May 8th, you can see the total of all disease deaths in the US, so far this year, is 11,453.

On the May 9th report from 2008, the total is 11,599.

So either we have only gone up about 150 cases, or the numbers are off.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintrippy
reply to post by johnb

The CDC MMWR report keeps tabs on deaths from diseases of various kinds.

On the second to last page of the most recent report dated May 8th, you can see the total of all disease deaths in the US, so far this year, is 11,453.

On the May 9th report from 2008, the total is 11,599.

So either we have only gone up about 150 cases, or the numbers are off.

Good find and thanks
Those figs are only up to May 9th though, I wouldn't expext to see a big jump yet, will be more interesting to look at them in the coming weeks and months. Still feel total death may be more reliable as a guide, as misdiagnosis of death on the certs seems to be a possibilty. Either way it justs shows what has happened in the past not what is happening now/soon.
And as you say the numbers may be off anyway.

www.gulf-times.com...

The last para of above says:

The government has urged all passengers who travelled on Malaysian airlines flight MH091 from Newark in the US to Kuala Lumpur, that landed at 7.15am on May 13 to contact the ministry for further instructions. AFP

www.wnem.com...
BREAKING: Bay, Genesee Counties See First Cases Of H1N1
One Person In Each County Has Confirmed Case Of Swine Flu

nz.news.yahoo.com...
Swine flu set to spread, reported cases surge: WHO

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Actually, reading the most recent CDC report more closely, it looks like the swine flu cases aren't actually part of that total at the end.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by captaintrippy]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
New Thread -

CDC says 100,000 Americans have swine flu

Man ... the fall is going to be messy!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintrippy
First time I've heard hallucinations mentioned as a symptom.

I've read that 'confusion' is a symptom. It may be because of high fever.
But at any rate ... confusion and 'hallucinations' could be closely related.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I've got to say, the original info that the official stats were off by a "factor of 10" is looking more and more accurate as time goes on. That's the problem they have with trying to cover up the extent of the epidemic, each day that goes by the number of infected and dead goes up exponentially. They have more and more "bodies" to hide with each passing day.

Keep in mind that most states aren't even testing for new cases so the reported number of infected is going to be completely unrelated to the true number. It's not even going to be in the ballpark.

I would look at the number of reported cases in Illinois and Wisconsin and create a ratio based on population to multiply the number of persons in states like Texas and California against x, x being the percentage of infected in the reporting states divided by population.

The number of people hospitalized has never been reported at all. It would be far away from the BS number of infected plus it would allow us to estimate the number of dead.

Even my sources can't give me real numbers because the states aren't even collecting the stats "unofficially". They aren't tracking real case numbers, period. The best they can do is estimate the calculation variables for infection rate and fatality based on the data we had in Mexico before the WHO showed up and told everyone to STFU.

Half of them are scared to death the economy will do something they aren't in control of because in it's present condition the manipulation being performed is unstable as all get out. Any large influence from a source outside their control will crash the system and expose too much. The last thing they want is to be left standing there holding the reigns when the horses are all dead and the regulators they aren't in control of come around to find out why the stage coach came to such a sudden and devastating halt.

The other half are investing heavily in the companies they know will get contracts for vaccines and medications. If we go to level 6 and an all out emergency is declared the contracts will no longer be under such direct management and control.

They are "controlling" this crisis to play out exactly the way they need it to in order to gain financially and politically. Heads should be rolling right now but so long as they keep everyone going to the mall and thinking only people with "underlying conditions" are in danger, no one gives a damn.

Welcome to global government and rule by the evil elite. They can blatantly lie to the public without even trying to make it look good and no one cares . . .

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

I have definitely taken your advice and scheduled my husband and I for the pneumonia vaccine on Monday at our local clinic. I was actually shocked at how easy it was to schedule without a bunch of questions being asked. I didn't know it was really my own decision for things like this. Any others I should pick up while I am there?

They have referred my daughter (12) to the local health dept. for her shot. My question is are there two different shots, one for children and one for adults? If not, I assume this is due to how the vaccines are funded.
Get 'em while the getting is good, I guess. Don't like vaccines, but it sounds like I would enjoy viral pneumonia even less.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Looks like Bangkok is looking for 2nd wave soon too
www.bangkokpost.com...

The pattern of the (A) H1N1 outbreak is similar to other flu pandemics such as the Spanish flu in 1918, which killed 20 million people worldwide, said Dr Thirawat Hemachudha, director of the World Health Organisation's Collaborating Centre for Research and Training on Viral Zoonoses.

Scientists say there are four steps which indicate whether the disease can cause a pandemic. They are that it is a new strain of virus, humans can contract it, it is non-seasonal, and the virus can spread quickly and widely.

''The (A) H1N1 flu has already passed the first three steps. We'll just wait and see when the last step explodes. The current situation is like a warning sign, reminding us that the big wave is coming,'' he said...........

''We found that its genetic code changes very quickly, which is unusual. There are eight segments of the viral genome, which is a kind of rearrangement of viruses from pigs, birds and humans.

''Normally, there should be some change in some segments. But in this case all of them have changed, which is very strange,'' he said.
---------
Looks like more corroboration to the manufactured side to me.

top topics

<< 365  366  367    369  370  371 >>

join