It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The UK government says we are well prepared to handle an outbreak of the flu virus over here, which judging by their past record means were all f***ed!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
A little help...Is Swine Flu code talk for When Pigs Fly?

You know the old phrase, "....when Pigs Fly." Something unexpected has occured and its currently running its course. Nothing for most to worry about.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by huckfinn
A little help...Is Swine Flu code talk for When Pigs Fly?

You know the old phrase, "....when Pigs Fly." Something unexpected has occured and its currently running its course. Nothing for most to worry about.

like what ?
i like what your saying tho

link   
# The health ministers of the European Union will be holding an emergency meeting on Thursday, the ANP news agency reports.2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

link   
reply to post by huckfinn

I really hope you are right, and I hope we can all sit back and laugh about this very soon, I hope in 3 weeks we feel like fools and that this fall this particular strain doesn't come back.

But since you like cliches so much, you ever hear that one about "An Ounce of Prevention is worth a pound of cure"??

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Here in Canada, four cases of the flu have been confirmed in Nova Scotia, on the east coast, and several more in B.C. on the west coast. I live near Nova Scotia, although I won't let myself get too concerned until people in the US and Canada start to die.

But I can't help but remember waiting for several hours in a busy airport for a friend last week, as people milled about sporting heavy tans, no doubt having just gotten back from some exotic part of the world, possibly even Mexico.

Having read The Stand a number of times, I'm probably overreacting.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by binkatonka

Well, there is a lot of chatter concerning upcoming events, the next shoe to drop, etc.

In secret places where wars are waged but not reported, perhaps their has been an occurence so unlikely that suggests an imminent and major annoucement is about to made.

I don't have specifics, but it must have been something so unlikely that if a person was asked in the past when something like this would happen, the only reasonable response was, "when pigs fly."

And this week, the sudden appearance of the words Swine Flu. In the past tense. Even though you here about stories of people in various places who have symptoms of a disese...but it is all just a way to alert the listener to major events unfolding.

In Sri Lanka the Tigers are near their end. But I think it's something else even bigger that is happening.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

EU health chief: Don't travel to Mexico or U.S.
Warning comes as Spain reports first confirmed case of swine flu in Europe
www.msnbc.msn.com...

LUXEMBOURG - The European Union's health commissioner urged Europeans on Monday to postpone nonessential travel to the United States or Mexico due to swine flu.

EU Health Commissioner Andorra Vassiliou met with the EU foreign ministers on the subject as Spain reported the first confirmed case of swine flu in Europe. That was also the first swine flu case outside North America.

On arriving in Luxembourg, Vassiliou advised Europeans to reassess their travel plans.
More at Link...

Swine Flu symptoms reported throughout New Zealand
www.3news.co.nz...

Swine Flu symptoms are now being reported throughout New Zealand from Auckland to Otago, and the Government says it is treating the scare as if it's the real thing.

3 News has been told that a number of Air New Zealand crew now have symptoms, and health officials have tracked down two thirds of the passengers on Saturday's NZ1 flight, which carried the students from Auckland's Rangitoto College who first showed symptoms.

While then ten confirmed Rangitoto cases are just Influenza A, whether they, or any other case, is more serious won't be known until swine flu tests in Melbourne have been completed.
More at Link...

[edit on 4/27/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

its spread to japan and spain now what we going to do

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gizzy2009

How about not panic and see what happens?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Hi guys......
I fully acknowledge that for people in the US; this may have all the hallmarks of "something to worry about" and therefore justifies comment on here but let me share my expereiences of similar scenarios....

I was in Malaysia when exactly the same sort of thing happened with SARS ( Severe Accute respratory Syndrome) ; people wearing masks; old and weak people dieing , governement handing out masks etc.

I sat in airport with 90% of people wearing masks for 3 hours then got a plane for 12 hours with 80% of people wearing masks and I was fine without a mask.
Not only was I fine but my GF and her parents and all the plane staff (who all didnt have masks on) were all also OK.

I was also in the UK during the Bird Flu Epidemic....lots of masks; lots of old people dieing etc but again ; no one contracted this and dies unless they were very weak at the time of contraction.

The human body has been dealing with mutation and cross sepciation in viruses for longer than I care to think about and we're doing fine; 3 + billion humans testifies to this...

Don't let the MEDIA ( who are the cause of most alarm; not the actual facts) feed you mis-info about this as unless you're over 75, suffering from a terminal respiratory disease or have an auto imune disorder; there is every chance that this will not harm you any more than standard flu.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

In Animal Farm, pigs led the revolution. Perhaps the leaders of some rebellion have abandoned their strongholds to flee into the wilderness.

All the different places they are mentioning of this news could be from where they are fleeing.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Five suspected cases have been reported in Sweden. A second cases in Israel.

2009 Swine flu outbreak

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by huckfinn

Well, there is a lot of chatter concerning upcoming events, the next shoe to drop, etc.

In secret places where wars are waged but not reported, perhaps their has been an occurence so unlikely that suggests an imminent and major annoucement is about to made.

I don't have specifics, but it must have been something so unlikely that if a person was asked in the past when something like this would happen, the only reasonable response was, "when pigs fly."

And this week, the sudden appearance of the words Swine Flu. In the past tense. Even though you here about stories of people in various places who have symptoms of a disese...but it is all just a way to alert the listener to major events unfolding.

In Sri Lanka the Tigers are near their end. But I think it's something else even bigger that is happening.

very interesting view huck
are we talking along the lines of 911 type event if what your saying does turn out to be correct ?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
They are locking down airports to restrict movement...on one level of some disease called swine flu.

On another level, they are trying to make sure the fugitive Pigs that started the War don't escape.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Umm..

I've had the flu before. Sucked. For a few days. Then I got better.

Seeing as only Mexicans are dieing, perhaps it's more an issue with Mexican health care providers, and not the flu it's self that is exceptionally dangerous, in relation to any other flu.

From the CDC: About 36,000 Americans die on average per year from the complications of flu.

www.cdc.gov...

Pardon me for not giving a damn about swine flu.

[edit on 4/27/2009 by Rockpuck]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Look how quickly things are unfolding...first nothing, now its mushrooming.

From my experience looking at the growth of news stories...this is happening way to fast.

From Mexico to Nova Scotia, Japan and Sweden in a matter of days? Something else is going on other than just a strain of flu.

Mexico City was shut down because of this...

[edit on 27-4-2009 by huckfinn]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Now that I am fully awake, and putting on my attention on this. What troubles me the most, is our Governments were aware of this before its people. I am sure the AP, nor Reuters broke this damn story. Instead we were fed some old is it right or not right torture old history BS last week. Not gonna panic cuzz, simply their is nothing you can do if this thing turns into a PLAGUE. Or in lighter terms a pandemic. Now with being said, what do they really know? What is the real truth in the fatalities how soon til marshal law, or quarantines and at the rate of the spreading in the past 72 hours I foresee some CDC involvement. MSM, or the AP is really trying to dumb this one down. Also alas, their is also some speculation, the virus is not done mutating, with its rate of spread HUMAN to human, it makes the bird flu look like a turkey pecking the dirt, while this thing is soaring with the ravens of death. So I take it because they are so scared of looking like they are worried about this illness, we are going to keep our borders open, and allow travel further, and we'll let it spread to other states. Again not to sound immature, yet I am almost 99 percent positive the government has known about this illness longer then us peons. Ahem whatever information I can get I will post it. BY the way MSM, or the AP is not going to be a great news source right now.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Please dont waste any more time fretting about this...
How many times must this have happened already in the history of humans co-habiting the earth with animals and viruses.

It''s not something that suddenly started; it's been going on for ever and we're still here.....difference is nowadays the media have to shift news and they know anything health related gets the appropriate response as they've managed to convince us that we're all made of glass.

Whatever this planet throws at us in terms of biological threats; we will adapt and prosper...it's the way it is and the way it always will be.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I think this may be way bigger than 911. Maybe something like the flood. When's the last time Pigs Flew?

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join