It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

Because right now, only the CDC and the WHO have reagent tests for this strain of H1N1 Swine Flu. All suspected cases must go to one of their labs for confirmation.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
One case confirmed in Spain, another seventeen suspected cases.

A women has been admitted to hospital in Hong Kong for suspected Swine Flu.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   

This was taped on 4/25/09, so much of the info in the 9 part series has already been covered on ATS. What caught my attention at 7:00 minutes is a call from Mexico where he states that the northern border states of Mexico are blocking all travel to the south!! Yet US is not blocking people coming in from the very same area!!

So...................if those people want to get away from infected Mexican outbreaks they have no where to go but the US, folks!!! Very alarming, to say the least!!

To say I hate what our Government has become - is an understatement!!
Almost seems like they are trying to push more infected into Texas. This can only mean it is just a matter of time before some die here in the US......

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by binkatonka

It's something we would be wise not to rule out. In an evolving situation like this it is perhaps wise to don ones "slightly paranoid" hat and prepare for all eventualities. We will be going to the charity shop to get some cheap fiction books in , extra activity stuff for our 5 yr old son, plenty of paper and ink for using the pc when bored, etc.....we've talked about it all and no doubt will talk about it even more but are both prepared to seal ourselves up if it got bad and not venture out . When supplies run low I'd don my mask, coverall, gloves, shoe covers and carry spray disenfectant with me and go to Tesco looking like a space alien , I don't care ! But if it was that bad there's be shortages and rationing like in the war we think so massive queues, armed police around to prevent rioting and so forth.

We live in a decent area not so far from a not-so-decent area and some gypsy camp so for some of us, back garden security will be an idea. Storing food on your top floor a good bet too in case you worry about people breaking into raid your kitchen. I know this all sounds a bit far out but we are making ourselves consider all eventualities as you just can't tell how bad it might get if the world goes to #e because of a pandemic.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Spain confirms one case of swine flu

MADRID (MarketWatch) -- Spain's health ministry on Monday confirmed one case of swine flu and said it was investigating 17 other possible cases. In a press conference, Spain's health minister Trinidad Jiminez said the person is being treated in hospital in Almansa in the province of Albacete, which is about 200 kilometers southeast of Madrid. On Sunday, the government said it was investigating 7 possible cases, a figure that has now more than doubled.

www.marketwatch.com...[97ED4D3C-D0BA-435F-9F57-D1DFC25CC1EB]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
H1N1 Google map

The map is getting bigger by the hour, especially in Spain.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Oh not good, My brother lives in Spain so going to make sure he has what he needs in case..

[edit on 27-4-2009 by asala]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Reported on BBC News....

The EU is calling for an emergancy meeting on Thursday to evaluate the threat posed by Swine Flu

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I don't know whether this has been posted but here you go.

news.bbc.co.uk...

A woman describes catching the flu, her experiences and her symptoms.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Can someone locate information on the Brazilian cases? Google map does not focus on it, but the BBC are reporting tests are occurring in São Paulo

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
There are now suspected cases of swine flu in the South Island of New Zealand. It will be days until there is confirmation so this thing could really get out of hand.

Although I hope most of the cases are just regular flu and not this new strain.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

EU advises against travel to swine flu areas

BRUSSELS, April 27 (Reuters) - The European Union's health chief urged citizens on Monday to avoid non-essential travel to areas affected by swine flu.

"Personally, I'd try to avoid non-essential travel to the areas which are reported to be in the centre of the cluster in order to minimise the personal risk and to reduce the potential risk to spread the infection to other people," EU Health Commissioner Androulla Vassiliou said in a recorded statement issued in Brussels.

www.alertnet.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I have a problem though living here in the US with this. Why is it that all of the other countries are putting folks into quarinine yet the USA isnt? That is strange. 20 folks have it yet no quarantine??? Yet in other countries thay are quarantined. I believe the US is trying to spread more of this crap.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

You need to factor in the time to transport the sample, culture it (incubation periods) and analyzing the results.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

I had read that they ARE quarantining those suspected of having it, where did you read that they were not ?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

Spain confirms one case of swine flu

MADRID (MarketWatch) -- Spain's health ministry on Monday confirmed one case of swine flu . . .

Kinda slow start . . .

More people died of influenza in a single year than in four-years of the Black Death Bubonic Plague from 1347 to 1351. Known as "Spanish Flu" or "La Grippe" the influenza of 1918-1919 was a global disaster.

Maybe it's the different name.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Here's a side note to this flu going around

LONDON – World stock markets fell Monday as investors worried that a possible deadly outbreak of swine flu, which has already killed more than 100 people in Mexico alone, could go global and derail any global economic recovery.

By mid-morning London time, the FTSE 100 index of leading British shares was down 48.53 points, or 1.2 percent, at 4,107.46, while Germany's DAX fell 81.11 points, or 1.7 percent, to 4,593.21. The CAC-40 in France was 44.15 points, or 1.4 percent, lower at 3,058.70.

Earlier, most of Asia's markets were hit by the pandemic fears, with Hong Kong — one of the main focal points of the SARS virus concerns just six years ago — closing down 418.43 points, or 2.7 percent, to 14,840.42. Japan's Nikkei 225 stock average managed a gain

It may not be a pandemic yet but it can do serious harm in other ways
Link to news source

[edit on 27-4-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
# President Obama tested for swine flu after trip to Mexico and given a clean bill of health.3 minutes ago from web

# President Obama's host while visiting Mexico City's anthropology museum dies from "Flu-like symptoms".11 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
wow this is crazy, im taking the day off work to watch this !
i am begining to get a little worried now, not too worried, just a little
i will let you know when im very worried

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
reply to post by JanusFIN

Oh not good, My brother lives in Spain so going to make sure he has what he needs in case..
[edit on 27-4-2009 by asala]

We're in Spain - southern area and no sign of it here yet but I made the decision to keep my kids off school today just to see how this pans out. Luckily we went and did a big shop on Saturday and today I'm off to the cash and carry to finish stocking up. Just incase!

I feel like I'm being totally paranoid and over-reacting but I just don't want to take any chances. There are a lot of Latin Americans here that have family that visit them and vice versa. My 16 year old daughter is really not amused that she's not allowed to school or out with her friends but my 2 younger boys think it's great they get a day off.

I really hope no more cases get confirmed here and that it's contained soon.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join