It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by trig_grl
Still looking around for more info on the essiac and if it would be at all effective against the SF, Did find this sort of interesting read.

www.healthfreedom.info...

I don't see anything in it that jumps out at me as being an ingredient that would excite the immune system.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
For those who are still looking for masks but cannot find them, You might try ebay.My neighbor just bought 10 packs off the "buy it now" section and had them next day shipped. Home Depot also sells them.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by trig_grl]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I was thinking about a Zombie Outbreak, watching the news with the reporters showing the affect zones/states highlighted in yellow.

Then the 48 hour onset info and such, you just need a little imagination and heh

you have 1300 zombies in 48 hours in Mexico, 8 Zombies in Newyork, a few in Yexas, New Zeland...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
can someone pass me a link reguarding the cause of death being an overactive immune system? I've been googling with no luck

Thanks I appriciate it

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
can someone pass me a link reguarding the cause of death being an overactive immune system? I've been googling with no luck

Thanks I appriciate it

en.wikipedia.org...

edit to add another source, where they explain quite nicely.

indoclinic.blogspot.com...

[edit on 2009/4/27 by Aeons]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I was in the Mall Sunday and a Woman sneezed and said Jeez, and everyone looked over at her. I laughed...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by trig_grl
Still looking around for more info on the essiac and if it would be at all effective against the SF, Did find this sort of interesting read.

www.healthfreedom.info...

I don't see anything in it that jumps out at me as being an ingredient that would excite the immune system.

I was leaning towards the blood cleansing properties it has.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

It could take months until this thing really explodes.

Exactly. That's what most people don't know. It could vanishes for a few months into the animal kingdoms, mutating, then coming back so it can be contracted from water or animals.

In China to fight a certain strain that infected a certain part of the country, they would let the army come in, kill everybody and every animal and burn it all to the ground... to stop the virus right there. In america, they would never do that.

Isn't that funny that this virus appears just before ``the summer of rage``?

I was in the Mall Sunday and a Woman sneezed and said Jeez, and everyone looked over at her. I laughed...

Yep, went to the grocery store and someone had the flu... when he sneezed everybody around was almost angry.... but seriously, those with flu should wear mask when they go outside like in Japan and China to not infect others.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
At this point I am going to again suggest enzymes that deal with inflammation as being a good alternative to short circuiting a cytokines inflammatory response that goes into overdrive.

Nattokinanse, Serrapeptase...I'm sure there are others, but these two are what I have in the cupboard to assure that my man keeps breathing properly.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

en.wikipedia.org...

The influenza strain was unusual in that this pandemic killed many young adults and otherwise healthy victims; typical influenzas kill mostly infants (aged 0–2 years), the elderly, and the immunocompromised. Another oddity was that this influenza outbreak was widespread in summer and fall (in the Northern Hemisphere). Typically, influenza is worse in the winter months.

this virus has already shown that it likes to kill young healthy adults like the 1918 spanish flu. if this stays around in the summer time we could be in for a long ride once the fall and winter months arive.

i think some pandemics have started in the spring time only to die out and then come back with a vengeance once the cold weather arrived. so you are completely right .

[edit on 27-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I picked up Serrapeptase, along with colloidal silver, vitamin C and grape seed extract today. Started on the vit c and silver.

Just need to keep track of the migration of this virus, I wish my family and I could just go on vacation to some nice secluded camping spot for a few months till this blows over.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Thanks a bunch

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The top limit of the age spread most likely means that anyone over that age have some limited immunity do to this flu virus being close to a virus from 50+ years ago.

Also the deaths in mexico may be due to the fact that people in mexico are not as likely to have gotten flu shots for many years or have gotten as many strains of the flu as people in the US due to the larger amount of foreign travel by people in the US.
This will also give more limited immunity to people in the US.

Both these limited immunities are likely the cause of fact that there have been no deaths in the US.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
reply to post by Aeons

I picked up Serrapeptase, along with colloidal silver, vitamin C and grape seed extract today. Started on the vit c and silver.

Just need to keep track of the migration of this virus, I wish my family and I could just go on vacation to some nice secluded camping spot for a few months till this blows over.

Imagine if you got it and you were camping. The extreme fatigue might make it really hard to look after your children. And you'd be in an "uncontained" area that they could get lost in easily. (mine would - they are little)

I kinda of assume that if it going to hit, I and my family will get it. I have three small children who attend preschool and school. They put EVERYTHING in their mouths. They touch everything. They put their mouths on everything.

No force on Earth can make them stop it short of tying them up with bungee cords. Believe me I've tried - to which they responded to such prodding by licking even more random things in public!

Under the assumption that the adults in the household will be fatigued and have a hard time doing anything I have water bottles stored in between the bedrooms. I have food that all of the children can access themselves available at their height if they are more mobile than mom and dad (entirely possible). I have cans of liquid food supplements (carnation breakfast I think) stored with the water. In case my children are immobile with fatigue, and the adults cannot make themselves get up to help them.

I will tomorrow be putting a stash of things like serrapeptase with the water bottles.

Probably overkill. I admit it. BUT, I'd rather ovekill it than be dead of it. Particularly when it doesn't cost much, isn't difficult to do, takes little time or planning, and contributes to a stock for my stash of supplies for emergencies anyways.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
reply to

I was thinking about a Zombie Outbreak, watching the news with the reporters showing the affect zones/states highlighted in yellow.

Then the 48 hour onset info and such, you just need a little imagination and heh

you have 1300 zombies in 48 hours in Mexico, 8 Zombies in Newyork, a few in Yexas, New Zeland...

Yeah dude, people drowning in their own mucus. How funny, and like your mom becomes a zombie too and you need to whack her in the head with a bat and her brains hit the wall. It’s like a funny, zombie movie like Shawn of the Dead. And your family is all dead and stuff. Watching your family die would be so hilarious if they had the swine flu and looked Zombielike.

Get the message? This is a real situation with real people dying.
Put down the crack pipe and go to bed

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Absum!]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Originally posted by Aeons

No force on Earth can make them stop it short of tying them up with bungee cords. Believe me I've tried

its not nice to tie your kids up with bungee cords!
im joking but i had to.

very good information for people looking for such aeons.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Do any of you know if the virus affects pets?
Someone told me that cats and dogs are immune to the virus but that elephants can get sick.
(I know, I haven't the slightest clue why my friend gave me the elephant info, it's not like we have them as pets...kinda odd tidbit).

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I have yet to see anywhere how long it can live outside the human body, but I did see and article mentioning hand washing as a method of prevention, so obviously it can be transferred if you say sneeze on your hand then touch something, then someone else comes along and touches that item then touches the mouth, eyes, nose, and bam, they have it.
Given that scenario, I am worried about all the pot smokers and coke users who may contract it in that way, drugs that have been handled by sickened dealers/smugglers, and who doesn't know that the bulk of the US's pot and coke come from that area? Heavy thought, given the numbers of people who imbibe in recreational drugs.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
just been watching the news here in New zealand. another 6 people across the island are in quarantine including people in both north and south island.

so far its auckland, waikato, nelson and christchurch

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I think I remember someone reply to you about that earlier in this thread (I believe it was after the second time you mentioned it) and they said 16 minutes but I don't remember them providing a source. If you can go back and find it you may be able to U2U them for more. I would be curious to know as well.

Here it is.

edit to add link

[edit on 27-4-2009 by dainoyfb]

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join