It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by subbcindy
I found this article from a year ago while researching H1N1 strains of the flu virus.

Medical News Today

What I don't know is if this is relevant to what we are seeing now. do different strains with different replication factors have the same name?

Thanks for the article! Imo. I see that the article points out that swine flu (H1N1) has been recently, over the past couple of years, increasing in replication. Which means more likelyhood of a mutation that could be dangerous... Looks like we had the facts back then that swine flu was coming back...yet we always ignore the warning signs... sigh..just my two cents

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
You know what the real question is here?

Why do it NOW? What is the point of releasing the virus at this stage and what is it a distraction for?

Dont close the eyes on the back of your head.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I just remembered this!! In Mesa, AZ....a couple months ago..they were doing drills in some of the high schools for mass innoculations! They had the full throttle...cops, CDC..etc. and the kids all lining up for shots!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Mexico Asks Bars, Churches in Capital to Close; Won't Order Offices Shut
www.bloomberg.com...

April 26 (Bloomberg) -- Mexico requested the closure of bars, movie theaters and churches in the capital to fight an outbreak of deadly swine flu, while stopping short of ordering workplaces shut on concern about the economic impact.

The effort to fight the virus has a “high potential for disruption,” Finance Minister Agustin Carstens said today while speaking to reporters at the International Monetary Fund’s spring meetings. It’s too early to gauge the economic impact, he said.

The epidemic, which has claimed as many as 81 lives, threatens to deepen the country’s economic decline after U.S. demand for Mexican exports including cars and home appliances plummeted. The Mexican economy shrank 1.6 percent in the fourth quarter and probably contracted another 4.2 percent in the first three months of this year, according to a central bank survey of 32 economists published April 1.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The Swine flu seems to be calming down in Mexico. I don't think this thing will get that bad...but don't quote me on it.

lite.alertnet.org...

Offering a glimmer of hope in Mexico, President Felipe Calderon said most of the roughly 1,300 people in the country suspected of having the flu have been given a clean bill of health

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
www.sacbee.com...

possible infection in sacramento county

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

just to confirm.
only an hour or so after the story was first reported

queensland swine flu tests negative

[edit on 26-4-2009 by ivycutler]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I found this link spreadsheets.google.com...

It shows that there have been cases in Spain, France, Isreal, and Scotland (which I have not seen mentioned on the news).

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

This so called virus contains bird flu genes the reason bird flu infects only birds is because there temps run at 106 as a humans is 98.6 that is why bird flu has not taken of the way they wanted it to in humans. Wonder why this so called virus is much worse in much hotter Mexico.The pig virus could only be the carrier wait till it warms up here summer is a coming.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well I live out in the Hollywood area but away from the swarms of tourists.. thankfully
I didn't see anyone taking any precautions, at least were I am...
Business as usual until a mass of folks get ill I guess... nobody is really talking about it on the street... prob because they haven't said much on the MSM.
Thinkin about going to the woods for awhile and get away from people till this all settles down.
These sure are some interesting times....
be safe all

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

Why do it NOW? What is the point of releasing the virus at this stage and what is it a distraction for?

Sorry to pick on you, but would people lay off the crazy sauce for this thread? There are plenty of other threads all linking this virus outbreak to the NWO, Martial Law, FEMA Death Camps, Ethnic cleansing, genocide... blah blah blah.

There is NO EVIDENCE FOR ANY OF IT!

None.

This is a virus, it is mutating, it isn't shown to be "manufactured" or "created", there's no evidence that it was "released" or accidentally escaped from a "top secret government lab".

Please, I'd love to see just one thread on here about this valid and relevant subject without the stupidly wild conspiracies invading it. There's enough of that already, please just go to one of the many other threads that link this outbreak to whatever little fantasy scenario you've conveniently hooked it up to.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

World flu epidemic fear rises, Mexicans take refuge
www.reuters.com...

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Fears of a global swine flu pandemic grew with new infections in the United States and Canada on Sunday, and millions of Mexicans hid indoors to avoid a virus that has already killed up to 81 people.

While the only deaths have been in Mexico, the flu is spreading with 20 cases in the United States and six in Canada, and possible cases as far afield as Europe, Israel and New Zealand.

Offering a glimmer of hope in Mexico, President Felipe Calderon said most of the roughly 1,300 people in the country suspected of having the flu have been given a clean bill of health.
More at Links...

U.S. tries get a handle on flu outbreak
www.reuters.com...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States declared a public health emergency on Sunday because of an outbreak of swine flu that has infected 20 people across the country and is suspected of killing up to 81 people in Mexico.

Health and security officials announced steps to release some of the U.S. stockpiles of the anti-flu drugs Tamiflu and Relenza. They recommended that local authorities plan for possible school closures and that anyone with symptoms stay at home to reduce the possibility of spreading the illness.

The outbreak is yet another distraction for President Barack Obama as he focuses on rescuing the economy from its worst crisis in decades. His administration will also be mindful of the damage to former President George W. Bush over his government's inept handling of Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

[edit on 4/26/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Sorry to pick on you, but would people lay off the crazy sauce for this thread? There are plenty of other threads all linking this virus outbreak to the NWO, Martial Law, FEMA Death Camps, Ethnic cleansing, genocide... blah blah blah.

None.

This is a virus, it is mutating, it isn't shown to be "manufactured" or "created", there's no evidence that it was "released" or accidentally escaped from a "top secret government lab".

Please, I'd love to see just one thread on here about this valid and relevant subject without the stupidly wild conspiracies invading it. There's enough of that already, please just go to one of the many other threads that link this outbreak to whatever little fantasy scenario you've conveniently hooked it up to.

you do realize what website your on right?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Let me reply to that in post that I made in one of the other (identical) threads on this topic:

Originally posted by Iago18
Let me take off my sanity hat here for a second and delve into the realm of the really weird conspiracy theory.

This comes at a very interesting time. First, let's be straight, this flu is more virulent and more dangerous than the regular flu, but it is not some kind of superbug. Granted, it has not yet mutated, but, even in the event of mutation, we are looking at the vast majority being sick, but not coming close to dying.

Ok, that out of the way... let's look at the timing of the pandemic rhetoric in view of the United States political community.

Who is coming up for confirmation in the Senate this week? It's Obama's last major cabinet choice, the controversial Kansas Governor, Kathleen Sebelius. And what Department is she going to head up? Health and Human Services. Coincidence that there is a crisis when we need a head of a Department... one who might have been voted down by the Senate?

Ok... so that was a little freaky, but, wait... what is this? The Democrats in the House are proposing major health care legislation this week to be attached, in an unprecedented fashion, to the budget. This formerly only emergency procedure was going to be used for partisan bickering. But now, we need to have health care reform passed... because of the flu.

And lastly, Obama just got back from a staggeringly negative trip from Central America and Mexico where there was clearly a lot of talk about the problems in those states. And the day after the President leaves, a man who came in contact with him in Mexico City winds up dead of the virus.

I don't know what I'm insinuating. However, kinda spooky, eh?

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Iago18]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

Originally posted by detachedindividual

None.

you do realize what website your on right?

Touche, you got him beat there. This is the place of conspiracies. Anyways- Do you guys think it is slowing down in Mexico? I think it is, supposedly the 1300 infected people have been given a clean bill of health and the official death report is only at 86. I think it is losing steam, at least there. Opinions?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OutShine

Thatanswers my question, Thankyou OutShine

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Canada confirms 6 swine flu cases

More expected

OTTAWA, Canada—Health officials here on Sunday confirmed six cases of the potentially deadly swine flu, with authorities warning more severe cases could develop.

Four cases were confirmed on Canada's eastern coast in the province of Nova Scotia and two others in the western-most province of British Columbia, according to local authorities and Health Minister Leona Aglukkaq.

"The swine flu symptoms are relatively mild and the patients are recovering," Aglukkaq told reporters, adding that "these cases are likely not the last we'll see in Canada."

newsinfo.inquirer.net...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think its speeding up, before it was stated that 3-4 have died a day in Mexico for more then 3 weeks from a doctor in Mexico,

Now there appears to be 9 deaths today and its in 5-6 more places.

maps.google.com...

MY feelings is if it took a while to get a death rate din Mexico, maybe it will take a few weeks to get rooted in our states/provinces.

These Vaccines will not help the issue...seeing how its" a novel virus" how will they know it will work. Most of us know how vaccines has a small dose of the actual virus inside of it. thus to build up an immunity. But with this virus the immune system Attacks the HOST!!!!!! which would make one insane to think the vaccine will help

I'm just keeping my eyes and ears out to see when/if it goes fatel in other countries

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

3 'probable' cases of swine flu reported in Dallas

Three "probable" cases of swine flu were reported Sunday in Dallas County, but there have been no reports in Tarrant County, authorities said.

Dallas County Health Director Zachary Thompson said Sunday night that the "probable" cases involved a 24-year-old, a 7-year-old and a 3-month-old, but they had not required hospitalization. They are two males and a female who did not know each other, authorities said.

www.star-telegram.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Mexico health secretary says suspected swine flu cases rise to 1,614 with 103 believed dead, AP reports. 30 suspected cases in Jalisco.

BULLETIN -- 103 BELIEVED DEAD IN MEXICO BY SWINE FLU, NUMBER OF CASES CLIMBS
twitter.com...

Swine flu confirmed in New York City high school students: mayor

NEW YORK - New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg says that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has confirmed students at a city high school were infected with swine flu.

New York officials previously had said they were eight "probable" cases, but tests later confirmed that it was indeed swine flu.

www.squamishchief.com...&template=c part

Swine Flu Blamed For 103 Deaths In Mexico

The number of suspected swine flu cases has risen to 1,614 in Mexico, with 103 deaths reported, an official has said.

]link

[edit on 26-4-2009 by JanusFIN]

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join