It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
new case found in hong kong and also pigs have tested positive in the phillipines

biosurveillance.typepad.com...

also new recently updated map of global outbreaks

maps.google.com...,-58.414994&spn=40.577184,116.519623&s ource=embed

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ActivePatriot

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Canada, Nova Scotia: Not all four confirmed swine influenza cases recently traveled to Mexico. At least 11 students ill.

Texas: School closures underway to prevent spread of swine influenza confirmed in Byron Steele High School students.

Close ALL schools.

Texas: State health authorities order closure of all 16 Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City Independent School District campuses.

Spain: New suspected swine influenza case is female and returned to Spain from Mexico on 20 April.

New York: Swine influenza strain detected in students genetically the same as that found in Mexico cases.

Puerto Rico: Suspected swine influenza case left Mexico on 25 April.

So Puerto Rico could be infected if confirmed.

And yes, the worst that could happen is a mutation, more deadly and more contagious, spreading by insects, air and/or water. Now it's seems only human fluids.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

The Mexican government indicated that the outbreak was more severe than originally acknowledged, announcing that more than 1,300 people are believed to have been infected. The virus, which the World Health Organization's top official said had "pandemic potential," is now suspected in the deaths of 81 Mexicans, Health Secretary Jose Angel Cordova said. Also Saturday, the Mexican government gave itself extraordinary powers to quarantine and forcibly treat infected people and to search homes and intercept suspected flu sufferers on public transport. The emergency decree follows measures that have included the closing of schools in the worst-affected areas until May 6, and the temporary shutdown of museums, clubs and theaters in Mexico City. Hundreds of concerts, private parties and other events were canceled as federal and local officials urged people to avoid large gatherings.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by T0XiK
new case found in hong kong and also pigs have tested positive in the phillipines

biosurveillance.typepad.com...

also new recently updated map of global outbreaks

maps.google.com...,-58.414994&spn=40.577184,116.519623&s ource=embed

nice map..

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I'm living in London...I came down with a pretty bad flu a couple days ago, and of course with this new pandemic being in the media 24/7 I feared the worst. Just a regular seasonal flu though I think as I'm pretty much fully recovered minus a little sniffle and slight cough that comes and goes.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
www.google.com...

a rather worrisome rueters report

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Just got off the phone with my family in Fuerteventura in the canary islands.......lots of flu going around for the last week or so and my dad has it!
My mum says theres nothing on the news about and nobody has heard about swine flu over there yet.....
Sorry people i have no evidence to back this up and i hope its just a false alarm and just a simple case of the flu......

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Local San Antonio Texas news on currently: 14 schools being closed for at least a week in the Cibilo/Schertz area.
An additional case has been found along with the two that were confirmed prior.
I agree with this BUT,the parents NEED to keep the kids home and not have them roaming around.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by aero56

Yes, the Fact that Obama was there, beginning on the 16th... and the guy he met, died (regardless of what) the next day, or days later - seeing as it is the 26th now.... Obama should have the flu (if the MSM was covering up the story)if he got it right? Has Obama been seen in public since?

that is pretty insane...
Don't really care about this part of the story.... Just a thought.... other than that, I agree with watching this over the next few days... Seeing as TPTB are closing schools in "Contaminated" areas for a week, maybe we should do the same...

off to read more about Canada

Edited to correct grammer

[edit on 26-4-2009 by StoneGarden]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
www.google.com...

"The short answer is it's too soon to tell."

Please, try to avoid being a scaremonger.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlscribe

www.google.com...

i hardly think my concern is scaremongering

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Yeah because the government NEVER created virus and killed his own citizens in experiments or false-flag operations right?

And virus never mutates right?

Right now, it's not bad, but it's only the beginning. If it gets really bad, we're gonna see it in the next month or 2. If the virus mutate in a bad way, it's gonna be hellish.

On 9/11 they grounded all planes in a matter of hours. It was retarded since there was no way there were hundreds of terrorists in hundreds of planes around the world.

Now, there's a contagious flu who's killing people and spreading all around the world by PLANE and the air traffic continues... when they are not consistents with their actions, I think they are doing it on purpose.

We've got to say that governments are stupid or incompetent. Were the Bush administration stupid or incompetent when they were on Cipro 2 weeks before the anthrax attacks? Were they stupid when they lied about the Iraq WMDs? Were they stupid when they said the economy was fine?

Update:

Brazil: Suspected swine influenza case placed in isolation until test results are made available.

Canada, British Columbia: Two confirmed swine influenza cases remain in voluntary isolation.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Dallas County Health Officials say three probable cases of swine flu have popped up in the county.

Health officials say the three newly discovered cases don't require a quarantine or even hospitalization, but they are assessing risks.

The ages of the unidentified victims are 24, 7, and 3 months old.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I believe vitchilo has a valid point!! Why has international travel not ceased? At least until more is known about the virus and until it has been contained.
I smell a rat here.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
People no matter how bad this flu is doesn't matter, humans have faced worse before and will face worse in the future, no doubt. Plus i doubt if nature or man made ths, it matters not, as we cannot as the general pulic do anything about it anyway, about who is responsible.

But just remember no matter what happens, we have faced worse as a species, and whether this flu turns out to be rubish or what ever, man will get through this like all the things it has before.

Just remember what they said about aids, no where near the numbers have died from that as they thought, because man adapted, like we always do.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

You can add Turkey as well. I don't know of any other places than the ones you havel isted.

~Keeper

Where did you read about Turkey having swine flu?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlscribe

www.google.com...

i hardly think my concern is scaremongering

No, not your concern, but your overly negative interpretation of an article that had no negative implications whatsover. That I would consider scaremongering.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Yeah because the government NEVER created virus and killed his own citizens in experiments or false-flag operations right?

And virus never mutates right?

Yeah, read above.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I have a friend in Colorado that says they have a few cases there and it has not been mentioned on any news.....or at least not national.

This whole thing is really, really weird! Best to prepare for the worst and pray for the best amen?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Obama has no flu symptoms after Mexico visit

This article has a follow-up re: Obama's potential exposure to swine flu on his recent trip to Mexico.

(Spoiler) He's OK.

Obama met in Mexico City with the director of the city's Museum of Anthropology, who died a week later from symptoms similar to flu. According to Mexico health officials, he did not have swine flu but had a preexisting condition and died of pneumonia. The swine flu has an incubation period of 24 to 48 hours, Gibbs said, meaning Obama would have shown symptoms long ago if he'd contracted the disease. Because he did not show symptoms, Gibbs added, Obama has not been tested for the flu -- the same restraint that the government advises for all Americans. "In the absence of symptoms, you shouldn't go get tested," Gibbs said. "That's going to crowd any sort of either public health or private health infrastructure. If you are sick or you do have symptoms, then you should take precautions."

www.latimes.com...

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join