It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 151
<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

A virus "mutates" constantly. Not quiet like X-Men but yes, a virus mutates when it comes in contact with another virus.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by -Rugged Shark-

Since I was scratching my head on this one, I did a search and found this :

WHO regional offices

WHO Member States are grouped into six regions. Each region has a regional office. The map shows the WHO regions and the location of the regional offices.

There's a map there to help out in identifying their regions

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Not in a panic

Just thinking of what it is that has the World so alarmed.

Also starting to prepare for the global change that is well, looks like is coming..

trusting my intuition now...

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
reply to post by FX44rice

So far a slight fever, chills/shakes cough, and nausea with vomiting, and just feeling like crap the friend and his wife have been sick for a few days, my wife started feeling bad last night and me this morning.

There is No way Im going anywhere near a hospital or doctor office!

I'm feeling all of the above and some. Which is why I'm not that worried about swine flu. I don't have the swine flu, just some bad heroin withdrawals, but from what I've heard and read about this pandemic, most cases are about as bad as what I've got right now.

So panic level is at 2 maybe 3.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I am a disabled mom...

I had brain surgery last summer...I have a patch in the back of my head ...it is complicated anyways....It is called Chiari Malformation...My brain is too big for my skull...or vice versa...However people want to say it...
It is terribly painful disorder...

I have a son 14 and my grand baby 9 months old...

When they said level 5 on CNN...I had tears roll of of my eyes...

I am a sad 6...

But...Glad to be here with other people who are in the know like we are...

ATS...even though I don't post very often is my support group...

Sometimes I laugh sometimes I cry...I am just glad to be here...

Thanks everyone...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
here is some advice that might keep you from getting this virus.

ASSUME EVERYONE AROUND YOU ALREADY HAS IT.

good luck all in these trying times.

that is the best plan of action...I dont wanna say it,but folks reguarless of the effects of this virus,the biggest factor against us is no one knows how this virus is going to adapt into...we are in the # folks..keep calm and be clean!!..

That said my panick level is reletively low,being of a 4-5 of more of a concern,more of so a panic..I geuss having to prepare for worse in the service kinda makes it a bit easier..

When in public assume evryone and everything you touch is inffected..That is the best course of action..

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
No panic here. When the Good Lord decides to take me, I'm gonna go. Otoh, I have a bug out plan in motion for if this gets out of hand......

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Posts going by too fast now but someone just mentioned watch for people dying with pneumonia now. This is important because if people start dying from this due to the swine flu it doesn't really matter in the end that it wasn't the flu that killed them. They still died and might have become susceptible to pneumonia or something else which did. Dead is dead. lol Not funny but still laughing somehow.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sapphirearaidia

I would go out on a limb here and say i'm sure anyone here would be more than willing to talk to ya...and look at the bright side.you may be smarter than us all...I hope you take that with a smile..

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

lol if you have a bug out plan then you are some what concerned and not ready to go yet.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
No panic here. When the Good Lord decides to take me, I'm gonna go. Otoh, I have a bug out plan in motion for if this gets out of hand......

I too also have plan, which i suspect many other people around the world will have. Its called (snip) my pants.
Don't forget to pack some spare trousers!

In all seriousness i don't have a plan. Except just try to be aware and be cautious etc.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by mrwupy]

link   
This is -not- awesome.
Not. Awesome.

It's happening so fast. Anyone else reading "The Stand?"

Really though this is awful and I hate this level 5 thing because basically they're saying "Um, it's going to get a lot worse. Have fun."

link   

Originally posted by bonesinis
reply to post by Kram09

A virus "mutates" constantly. Not quiet like X-Men but yes, a virus mutates when it comes in contact with another virus.

I agree... something really sinister is goind on.

Humanity as we know it on the brink?

Let's put it this way: If this virus has been able to mutate three different flu strains into one that is highly contagious ... and it is not man-made ... what can/will it do next?

Die out or mutate into the real killer virus?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Can somebody slow the world down a bit..its just taken me two hours to catch up with all the posts here...

and i wanna get off too

panic level of about a 5.5

link   
l've posted this before i'll post it again
does any think that they have some real numbers, and are holding backuntil there are dead in the streets, i mean i understand the transmission and all the other stuff, but to riase the level to 5 in such a short time, come on fess up.
i've also said this i dont know how many times, what about the confrimed cases, any news on how they are doing. all we get are the standad party lines, " responding well, or mild cases".

i want to know how the confrimed case are, are tjhese people fighting for thier lives or is it just a butt kicker.

link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
This is -not- awesome.
Not. Awesome.

It's happening so fast. Anyone else reading "The Stand?"

Really though this is awful and I hate this level 5 thing because basically they're saying "Um, it's going to get a lot worse. Have fun."

I read it last year. Sort of wishing i hadn't now! No it was a good book....if only i'd realised it was going to come true.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I do to a certain extent. If they gave a press conference and said there are thousands dead, we don't know what to do....good luck. Then it would be total pandemonium. Who knows maybe the pandemonium is yet to come?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'm buying a trunk load of food on Friday/Payday and suggest we all buy as much as we can of stuff that is shelf stable. Don't wait until there is a rush and you just have to take what is there, because we may have round-the-clock martial law soon where no one is allowed out of their homes.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The WHO has officially announced level 5.

At level 6, states and counties in the USA can close schools and "non-essential" businesses. In other words, everyone will be told to stay home.

My gut feeling is that level 6 is now inevitable, meaning when we are all told to stay home you can expect a general panic and a run on supermarket shelves.

Sorry, I dislike bringing this up but it now looks likely to occur.

If anyone needs to stock up on canned goods and whatever they will need to survive a "shelter-in-place" SitX, yes I said it... SitX... you had better go to your local supermarket in a peaceful, orderly fashion within the next 48 hours and get what you need.

That's my opinion and it is only an opinion. I have no inside information.

I have read the official pandemic plan of Dallas County Texas where I live and it states plainly that Level 6 shuts down all non-essential businesses "until further notice".

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think this is all part of Evolution, with the recent report out stating that the world was over populated and earth cannot sustain it, then moving on to the melting Ice caps etc.

Seems like Mother earth developed a strategy to rid the earth and shake the fleas off her back. Pretty nifty how evolution works....

-Kdial1

[edit on 29-4-2009 by kdial1]

new topics

top topics

<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join