It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 148
<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
5 days to level 5...

How long before this goes to level 6?

We know that level 6 means Martial Law, yet if it is a greater threat in one country and less in yet another, then do we all get placed in the same category when WHO calls it at level 6?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
30 US Marines have been quarantined!

California Marine has swine flu; 30 quarantined

LOS ANGELES, April 29 (Reuters) - About 30 U.S. Marines in southern California on the biggest military base in the United States have been quarantined after one of them was confirmed to have contracted the swine flu virus, the Marine Corps said on Wednesday.

The case was identified at the Twentynine Palms Marine Corps Ground Combat Center and was confirmed by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, the base said in a statement.

www.alertnet.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adrifter
WHO, has just changed the WORLD...

Europe, has just locked down...

How so? What exactly has happened?

link   
chan, "its evolving rather quickly" hmm

link   
reply to post by Kram09

I would imagine that part of 6 would be the innoculations and quarentining,and or house to house disenfection to thwart off reoccurance..That is if the death rate spikes pretty bad
www.who.int...

link   
mpoppelWHO’S CHAN SAYS FLU VIRUSES NOTORIOUS FOR RAPID MUTATION AND UNPREDICTIBLE BEHAVIOUR

7 minutes ago from TweetDeck

SMR

link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

A bit jumpy there ... ?
No mandatory vaccine plan until you see more deaths and Level 6

link   

Originally posted by Adrifter

Originally posted by mkross1983
mpoppelBULLETIN -- WHO: ALL COUNTRIES SHOULD IMMEDIATELY ACTIVATE PANDEMIC PREPAREDNESS PLAN.2 minutes ago from TweetDeck

This is what is scary.

What is that? What is phase 2?

posted 2 minutes ago from tweetdeck. Not phase 2. Silly billy.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingfanpaul

thermal scans, heightened observations, uh pandemic plan 2's, talking High powered elegant lockdown talk...

Sorry can't prove it, but it sounds like a lockdown..

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
its a 5 now officially

Here we go! Now we will see a mandatory vaccine plan - worldwide!

Soo! do we gonna take the NWO needle in a few months? or do we run to the hills?

No we will NOT!

Hold your ground, hold your ground! Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you *stand, Men of the West!*

Ok any news from Russia or China seriously?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by LDragonFire

Im scared to death, Im sick my wife is sick a friend is sick and I have 3 kids in public school, and this is in our schools and is spreading like wildfire and there seems to be no hope in containing this. The msm has not mentioned this flu is in our area, but it's my opinion that it might be.

Serious question here: What are you feeling outside of any normal flu symptoms? Not that you have the swine, but does something other than the news out there seem different about the illness you feel?

If you were confirmed a swine victim, do you feel the measures taken are necessary or overblown?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Go back and read my posts about Easter celebarations in Mexico and the timeline.

I'm pretty sure of the mechanics of its spread now.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
mpoppelWHO chief Margaret Chan says "it really is all of humanity that is under threat in a pandemic."

less than 20 seconds ago from TweetDeck

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983
mpoppelBULLETIN -- WHO: ALL COUNTRIES SHOULD IMMEDIATELY ACTIVATE PANDEMIC PREPAREDNESS PLAN.2 minutes ago from TweetDeck

This is what is scary.

Yep and I read my states (New york) Throughly. Martial Law is in there

www.health.state.ny.us...

From page 8

e. Governor May Order the Organized Militia into Service of the State
Authority: Military Law 6(1) provides that the Governor shall have power, in case of
disaster, to order the organized militia into the active service of the State for such period,
to such extent, and in such manner as he may deem necessary. Pursuant to Military Law
9, whenever the organized militia is employed under Military Law 6, the Governor may
by proclamation declare the county or city in which the troops are serving to be under
martial rule, if in the Governor’s judgment the maintenance of law and order will
thereby be promoted. Martial rule is subject to the Federal and State Constitutions and is
governed by the Code of Military Justice. See Military Law Article VII.

I am outt of here.....

Time for me to activate my emergency plans and pack my Hiking backpacks with all my provisions and Respirators... Good luck to everyone and your families....

-Kdial1

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
mpoppelChan: Current WHO antiviral stocks are not enough, need more donations from companies and government donor support.

1 minute ago from TweetDeck

Updates are coming quick now that there is a conference in progress.

EDIT: Spelling

[edit on 29-4-2009 by mkross1983]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Here's a piece that just surfaced on the WHO's panademic levels.

How WHO measures a pandemic

The World Health Organization has six phases of pandemic alert to assess the potential for a new global flu outbreak.

— Phase 1. There are no viruses circulating in animals that have been reported to cause infections in humans.

— Phase 2. An animal flu virus has caused infections in humans in the past and is considered to be a potential pandemic threat.

so we have just reached phase 5..

— Phase 5. The virus has spread into at least two countries and is causing even bigger outbreaks.

— Phase 6. More outbreaks in at least two regions of the world; the pandemic is under way.

From the looks of this article's info, it wouldn't be a stretch to think we are not too far from phase 6.

North America = region 1, Europe = region 2? sound about right?

[edit on 4/29/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Chan just stated the pattern of human to human infection in both Mexico and NY is what pushed it to level 5.

No immunities sounds like everyone is going to get this that is exposed to it. I didn't get the doctors name it was just on cnn, if anyone wants it I will go and look for it.

I think what they are worried about is the prospect of future mutations. I don't like at all the way this is going. Not at all.

link   
Pandemic Plans for each state...

Look I think they are different for each state...LINK...

www.pandemicflu.gov...

link   
Hmmm, WHO speaking to the World right now, raising the level, and Oh, how Nice, President Obama, is on tv tonight. Talk about a story just taking off. Obama, may be making a declaration tonight as well..

anyhow, she is saying they are raising it to level 5, because the virus, is evolving, in otherwards they see something coming, and want to be very prepared for it. In the Military one of the first things we are taught in leadership, is when you have time before a stressful situation is to come, prepare..

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
does anybody think that they have some real numbers and are holding back until people are found dead in the streets. i mean i understand, about the transmission and all the other stuff, but to raise the level up twice in 2 days, thats just kinda strange.

and still no answers on the confrimed cases, other than the standard party line"responding well" or mild".
i want to know about those confrimed cases, whats is just a butt kickin flu or are they fighting for thier lives

[edit on 29-4-2009 by hounddoghowlie]

top topics

<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join