It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 154
<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
For an update, I went to 3 grocery stores in the past 2 days (normal shopping and some extra bags of rice just in case) and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. There was one woman with a teenage daughter who was buying the same masks as me, but normal traffic in a walmart, a middle-end grocery store (loblaws), and a localish over-priced one (metro) all seemed normal. maybe even low-traffic in the first 2.
No panic here in Ottawa. In fact, I doubt people even know about it for the most part. No family has called, my friends had to be told by me what was going on (only one knew it was happening and made a joke about it)
I have taken it upon myself to tell the people I know what is going on, and I hope you can try to do the same. Stick to the less-controversial parts. (stage 5, school closings, the ?marines? (not sure) quarantine mentioned a few pages back). Things that can be proven still.

People knowing what is going on might prevent them from coughing all over you. Remember that.

link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

masks will help prevent people from spewing the virus everywhere. the really wont keep you from getting it.

one good thing i see about the masks is its a reminder to not touch your mouth or nose and its a reminder to everyone to keep their distance.

go overkill with the mask. wear a surgical mask with a n95 mask on top of it.

i borrowed a very amazing pig nose repirator from work that im guessing works better than a n95 mask. its a cartridge face mask.

i would still guess this isnt good enough to keep these little nasty viruses out of my lungs

i will save it for a time when i have to take care of someone who is sick.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I hate the Dark Tower Series. But that's just me.

Um... we're not all going to die? Are we?

If so, screw the drinking age...

Really though like we're not all going to die, right.
I'm 18 I can't die I've barely done anything!

drinking is over rated anyways so you arent missing anything.

all you can really do to live life is find happiness. nothing else that i can think of is above happiness.

dont think you havent done anything in life because being 18 your life is just starting really.

peace

Well, don't play beer pong, you'll get the Swine Flu...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Okay I am leaving this time for sure but I wanted to remind everyone to watch american idol to see who gets voted off......

Get a drink and stick my head in the sand

link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by SMR

They just said the same thing on BBC masks are pretty much useless and Tamiflu is only if you are infected.

Masks are not completely useless.. it totaly depends on what maskj you go for..
check the link I got below .. Have knocked up some info on masks

link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I had heard that and looked at buying those first. However, there is not one outlet which has any available at this time. Unless I just couldn't find it.

The employee i spoke to stated that the nano's were a slight benefit yet full protection still required a full blown suit, and to save my money unless I was a first responder.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Originally posted by FX44rice
reply to post by Kram09

I spoke to an employee who was ex-military when placing an order for a M95 NBC CBRN mask, and was told masks will do no good for viral protection. Too many variables for transmisson. You would have to wear basically a full blown Bio Chem suit with oxy tanks 24/7. I cancelled order.

Looks like i'll have to dust off the old NBC suit then! Not that i have one really. Hey do you reckon i could hire one from a fancy dress shop?

Don't know if i'd be able to get it back to them mind you.
reason being is that viruses attach them selves to any and all things when airborn..You may have a mask on but a virus may be on your cloths or hands..But I will say any prevention is better that no prevention..
Thats like walking around with your eyes closed..

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

omg sweet i have something similiar to the maximask 2000.
call me paranoid but i call it being ready.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
Makes me wonder what this pandemic is going to do to our already fragile economy.....?

I heard on the AJ show today that the numbers for the last quarter were worse than they expected. The numbers just came out today, and showed a decline of 6.3%, when they were predicting less than 5%. Also, he mentioned that China is dumping dollars, to move into hard assets like gold, silver, copper, etc. Not good news for a 'recovering' economy.

I don't know what will happen with this flu scare, but if it reaches the proportions that WHO and all the state leaders and MSM are hyping it to, one can easily speculate how it could place a huge strain on our already withering economy.

And yes, as you pointed out, hurricane season is right around the corner. I should know, I live in Florida! For some reason I can't stop thinking about that movie with George Clooney and Marky Mark--The Perfect Storm.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

Having a mask on is good though as far as it keeping you from touching your mouth or nose if you go out to a store or something. You might touch the virus on a surface and absentmindedly touch your mouth, that is when a mask is also effective. Don't forget you can get the virus if it is on your hands and you touch your eyes.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
I don't normally drink but I really wish there was some alcohol in the house right now as I feel like getting really DRUNK

i hope you dont want to get really drunk because all this swine flu worry is making you feel depressed.

i think that will be one major outcome of what is happening and going to happen.

world wide depression will rise like a pandemic.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

yeah...good...try and get the correct filters for it..the ones with the charcoal in them.. for organic/non organic gasses and vapours..

It might not prevent, but it sure is a heck of a lot better than some of these masks they going to be giving out..and you can see I've left as much data as I could in that thread too.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
In the last hour of the Alex Jones radio show today, Steve Quayle said he is just one key bit of information away from issuing Code Red to his listeners on his radio show tonight live on the internet. I think Quayle's Code Red is a "batten down the hatches" type of alert to survivalists, but I don't know, listen to Steve for his explanation tonight.

Also set to happen tonight, Alex will be on again live with new breaking info... check infowars.com for the schedule for that. Alex is also talking with George Noory's producers about appearing in the first hour of Coast tonight.

Alex and Steve have broken this thing down this way...

It appears to have been created in a lab and released in various places simultaneously and there could be multiple different strains...some more severe and some more mild. These strains could be (according to Alex's show) possible precursor strains setting up the pandemic and circulating a "trigger mechanism" for when a mutation (not clear whether they mean a natural or engineered mutation) will perhaps make this a pandemic with a much higher death rate.

It is also fairly obvious that the real numbers are not being released and the MSM is perhaps not being told the real death rate that's already out there. The numbers seem low for all the hype. So, the numbers may actually be high. No one knows or if they do, they're not telling.

Sorry to say, we do seem to be headed for martial law down the road but no one knows how soon.

Jeff Rense also has an important show on tap for tonight with Dr. Patty Doyle. Rense has had excellent coverage on this in the past several days.

Not shutting down the borders means that the CDC believes it is already too late and would do no good, which means it is already rampantly spread throughout the USA population.

The 2-year-old who died in Houston...he got his fever on April 8 according to news reports. That's 20 days with a fever. This thing may have a very slow incubation period. In the first phase of infection, you don't have any symptoms, then the symptoms appear and then you get a fever. Point is, there could be lots of people walking around now thinking they are fine, but they are infected.

I think the announcement of Level 6 could be a couple of days away, but at this point I really doubt that they would lower the threat level. I think we are going down the track to Level 6 at a pretty fast rate.

Prepare to shelter at home for at least a week, would be my advice.

By the way, this is going to cripple the economy in many, many ways unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

I've got decorator's plastic coveralls, hospital shoe covers, latex gloves and eye goggles. I'd planned to wear all this and spray myself with disinfectant before/after entering any shop if I had to mid-pandemic, so with my FFP3 mask as well (N99) just to go to the shop I'd be pretty safe....?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
General Reminder to All:

This thread is an ATS Big-Thread with 3070 replies, and subject to more strict moderation.
Please stay focused. Stay on-topic. Minimal or off-topic posts and T&C violations are subject deletion and/or a warning.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

yeah...good...try and get the correct filters for it..the ones with the charcoal in them.. for organic/non organic gasses and vapours..

It might not prevent, but it sure is a heck of a lot better than some of these masks they going to be giving out..and you can see I've left as much data as I could in that thread too.

these do have charcoal filters on it and id guess n95 rated filters on the outside of the charcoal filters.

i just replaced the filters so its cleaned up , bagged , and ready to go.

sadly all i could do for my family and other dear people is stock up on n95 mask and surgical mask.

dont forget to wash your hands people and get some antibacterial lotion.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

No, no....I've lived through my Father's psychotic breakdown and suicide so I'm sure I can live through this and remain in tact psychologically (provding no-one I love died). I'm used to being at home nearly all the time anyway as I work from home online . No, I'm quite tough when I need to be, it's just been a tense few days and I'm finding it hard to relax and switch off from the news, the preps, the lists etc...am not about to become a wino don't worry

We were talking about all the other stuff that would happen last night - depression, suicides, crime, poverty, malnutrition, people flaking as they haven't enough food to eat, etc etc....I saw it all in a flash and it was the energy of horror. I won't go there again in my head if I can help it, the world sure will go to crap if this turns out to be "the one".

[edit on 29/4/09 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
For my fellow friend in Iowa. 20 suspected cases in Black Hawk County, Iowa. My"Family Member" Works in a hospital today and all Hospitals are put on Red Alert in Iowa. I can not give the source as they are family and I dont want them to lose there job

Oh and my scare level 7

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

Don't read in to much into those suspected cases. They could be anything from common cold to common flu. Or even just paranoia.The thing to look into are the confirmed cases.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
US, Florida: Two Tampa patients test positive for influenza Type A; testing for swine influenza underway.
twitter.com...

EUROPE HEALTH MINISTERS NOT PROPOSING TRAVEL BAN TO MEXICO, US -
www.alertnet.org...

--- Why no? --- We are in state of pandemic, but business is more important... Damned with those puppets! What have to happen before we can shut down this seld destructive system, whats a week for tens of years to come?

--- We should buy time now, without asking the price!

EDIT:
BreakingNewsReuters: European Union Commission says it can expect deaths from the Swine flu in Europe soon.

--- So why you dont act like you should? Ground the planes, now.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by JanusFIN]

new topics

top topics

<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join