It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 150
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Calm blue ocean! Calm blue ocean!

On a scale of 1-10 how panicked is everyone?

I am about a 6.

Yesterday I was a cool 3 - now at level 5 - I went fast to 5 and now when it sinks in I'm about a 6 - and tomorrow, who knows?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
I have just found this.....

An emergency exercise will start next week - from 27th April - run by the Scottish Government to test the country’s preparedness for any pandemic flu outbreak that might occur.

This does not signal any raised level of concern that such an outbreak is on the way. Speaking ahead of Cauld Craw, Justice Secretary Kenny MacAskill says: ‘Although there has been no change to the level of risk of a flu pandemic, an outbreak has been identified as one of the main risks Scotland could face’.

forargyll.com...

Seems like whenever there is a major world changing scenario, some governments are having excercises about that very threat at that very time.

respects

Well at least they are doing it after the fact. We want to know why the US has all this stuff in place for pandemic and then bam we have a pandemic.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I am at a five right now. If the death counts go up here in the U.S. then I will shoot up to a 8 or 9.
The only thing that we need to watch for is mutations in the strain.
If this thing mutates again to a strong version then we are in trouble.
Listen for the key word of "mutations".

link   
Ah Haaaa...Like I said in my earlier post about the men dieing in L.A.

They man doctor on CNN just said with the worse cases like in Mexico they end up with Pnuemoonia....(sorry spelled that wrong...oh well)

Pay attention to how many people start dieing form Pnuemonia now...

They are covering up...

link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Because they are filthy conniving liars that's why!

Seriously, i guess they prepare for a wide range of scenarios i don't know....

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Calm blue ocean! Calm blue ocean!

On a scale of 1-10 how panicked is everyone?

I am about a 6.

Im a 2

such is life, ob la di, ob la da

link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

I'm afraid I really don't know...

link   
This is now getting scary here in NY state. This level authorizes plans for mandatory vaccination be put together and if I am not mistaken Martial law. Though I don't see where they would need to do that, at this point.

I just wonder if this is about the danger of this thing or the science. She was very clear this would be the first time they could study the development of a pandemic in real time. I just am still not sure where I stand on this thing. The gambit runs from very mild to deadly.

Unpredictable and will take us by surprise....that is what Chan just said is the history of these sorts of virus types.

Now she is saying that in this special circumstances that many companies are willing to help out with this crisis and not leave the poor out. OH boy, I am not sure how much I believe that, but then again once they get something for it, whoever does will be fat and rich.

edit:state of panic now but from 1 being not concerned at all and 10 in a panic I would say around a 5 maybe.

[edit on 4/29/2009 by redhead57]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
here is some advice that might keep you from getting this virus.

ASSUME EVERYONE AROUND YOU ALREADY HAS IT.

good luck all in these trying times.

link   
I will post links to the pdf documents issued by the WHO that details their policy on Epidemic and Pandemic Alert and Response (EPR).

I just found this so I have not(as of yet) read it but I thought I would post it for you all to peruse if you wish.

www.who.int...

www.who.int...

link   

Originally posted by bonesinis
reply to post by Kram09

I am at a five right now. If the death counts go up here in the U.S. then I will shoot up to a 8 or 9.
The only thing that we need to watch for is mutations in the strain.
If this thing mutates again to a strong version then we are in trouble.
Listen for the key word of "mutations".

Mutations? Cool, so this will be like X-Men?! I like X-men! Or...do you mean something else?

link   
What makes you think they are covering up something? Why would they do that? I mean, they are having press conferences on TV a lot and they are using some pretty strong language. I'm not sure I get what you're saying.

Actually, it seems like they are blowing this way out of proportion to me. But then again I don't know anyone who is sick either.

I guess I just don't know what to think.

link   
Ah, the harbinger of pandemic status.

tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
this is big if the WHO are "very worried"

im a 6

SMR

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

No worries.I'm not upset.Just pointing out you got a bit ahead of yourself there.
What you heard was talk of getting vaccines ready to go as in who is making them and when are they available for people to have.
As of now there are many places short on Tamiflu which who would want that crap anyway since it is KNOWN it does next to nothing for this virus.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Lithuania: First Suspected Case of Swine Influenza Reported. Case Recently Returned From Mexico.

- Should we remember that we are talking humans, not "cases"?

link   

reply to post by Bombeni

Because they are filthy conniving liars that's why!

Seriously, i guess they prepare for a wide range of scenarios i don't know....

What do you think about the fact that Obama and Crew were in Mexico City---the Epicenter of Swine Flu---2 days before the flu information was known/announced, and so none of them were using masks or gloves, were shaking hands like crazy, yet not a one of them is sick? On the other hand many people who DO have the swine flu now were not anywhere near Mexico and they have no idea how they contracted it.

How can that impossibility be explained?

link   
reply to post by uplander

To be honest i don't really know what to think either from one minute to the next, but i reckon my panic meter will go from 6 to 10 if i look out the window and see my neighbour wearing a mask.

link   
reply to post by captiva

Indeed it does. Happened here in America and in London. Very much a coincidence? Me thinks not.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
reply to post by Chevalerous

A bit jumpy there ... ?
No mandatory vaccine plan until you see more deaths and Level 6

Level 6 are you kidding me? at lvel 6 it's almost game over and too late for a vaccine!

new topics

top topics

<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join